As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MMA]Break a leg!

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    That slip was fucking gorgeous.

Also, I don't mind the running! MMA has enough tools to deal with that tactic. Legkicks for instance. And head kicks. Back kicks. A lot of kicks, really.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea I see no reason why a fighter shouldn't be able to disengage like that if their opponent allows it.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Took 2 minutes 59 seconds too

found that fight online, how are we on posting a link to the video?

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Holloway beat Aldo. Hot damn!

Now I want to see Holloway/McGregor 2.

It'll probably never happen, but I want it just the same.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Holloway isn't a wrestler, so it is more likely than vs. Khabib.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    What's up with Aldo's leg kicks? Didn't even seem to be part of his "package" in 212.

• Options
    Yes, and...Yes, and... Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I think I saw a translated quote from Aldo's coach which suggested that he didn't throw many leg kicks (I remember seeing one over the course of the fight) because they might have left him out of position and open to counters. There's also a hypothesis that Aldo has moved away from leg kicking ever since he broke his foot off of a kick in the Korean Zombie fight.

Edit: Pederneiras's comments here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/5/15739794/coach-explains-jose-aldo-didnt-throw-many-leg-kicks-max-holloway-ufc-212

Yes, and... on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Mighty Mouse is tired of Dana White treating him like he doesn't matter and he should be in a good position to fight them, because everybody knows he's the best in his division and not having him would make the UFC 's division seem sad.

• Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwgg1_hjV44

Man... I feel so bad for DJ.

I wish he was a draw so he could get paid what he deserves... but people just don't care for some reason.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    As my favourite fighter it's always rough watching Jose lose, but god damn Max looked good out there. That mount was insaaaaanely heavy at the end there.

DJ seems like a great guy and a true consummate professional, I hope he can make something out of this stand that he's been forced to make. UFC brass are an absolute shower of cunts.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Max seems like a generally good dude.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwgg1_hjV44

Man... I feel so bad for DJ.

I wish he was a draw so he could get paid what he deserves... but people just don't care for some reason.

DJ should be a draw but UFC doesn't promote him like one so he can't draw. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch and it socks UFC is treating him like this.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Mayweather's promotional company has booked MGM Grand for August 26

Hope the MMA thread has enjoyed talking about Conor, because he's 100% never fighting again after he cashes out after this. At least the division will be able to move on quick

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

Hope the MMA thread has enjoyed talking about Conor, because he's 100% never fighting again after he cashes out after this. At least the division will be able to move on quick

He does bang on about money a whole bunch, but the guy really fucking loves MMA. I'm hoping he won't be able to stay away from competition. Though fair play if he does, fuck getting punched in the head for a living.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Campy wrote: »

He does bang on about money a whole bunch, but the guy really fucking loves MMA. I'm hoping he won't be able to stay away from competition. Though fair play if he does, fuck getting punched in the head for a living.

he's never coming back. unless he wins. then its for rematch money. this is the payday of paydays.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Yeah... I can't see Conor coming back to MMA.

Its like how Nate Diaz now refuses to fight anyone for less than a couple million dollars. Why would he go back to 60k/60k or whatever he was making before?

I think Conor's payday for the Mayweather fight will make his UFC purses look like 60k/60k.

But who knows. Conor is pretty much the only mega-draw the company has left. WME/IMG might be willing to pay him big bucks to come back.

• Options
    Yes, and...Yes, and... Registered User regular
    How about that Lewis/Hunt fight card? The prelims were merely decent, but the main card met or exceeded expectations overall. If you haven't watched the fights yet, do yourself a favour and at least check out the middle four on the main card.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    MIKE FUCKING GOLDBERG!?!?!

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm really looking forward to that fight. I expect within the rule set Mayweather will win. McGregor is one of the best MMA fighters right now (and a boxing background), but Mayweather is an Olympic medalist and undefeated pro.

NSDFRand on
  • Options
    Iole wrote:
    It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.

spittake.gif

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Iole wrote:
    It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.

spittake.gif

I'd go full contact against my own mother for that kind of cash.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Oh man, I can't believe it's happening.

I'm a fully licensed McGregor nuthugger, but I just don't see this going any other way than Conor getting completely schooled. I mean, maybe with his unorthodox style coming from MMA he might catch him in the early rounds?

• Options
    McGregor doesn't know restraint and I don't know how much power Mayweather has now. If McGregor doesn't get an early knockout Mayweather will easily out technique him.

• Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    With the kind of spectacle MMA is becoming, I wouldn't be surprised if Mcgregor wins when Hafthor sneaks up behind Mayweather and pulls him into the turnbuckle and chokes him while Connor distracts the ref.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    One hundred million dollars

• Options
    Campy wrote: »
    Oh man, I can't believe it's happening.

I'm a fully licensed McGregor nuthugger, but I just don't see this going any other way than Conor getting completely schooled. I mean, maybe with his unorthodox style coming from MMA he might catch him in the early rounds?

I'm more excited for the build up to the fight than the actual fight itself... its going to be so epic. I hope they make a 24/7 for this one.

The fight will probably go the same way that Toney - Couture went. But that doesn't mean I wont be rooting for Conor big time.

• Options
    Oooh, or how about one of those Max Kellerman face to face interviews.

I'm practically salivating right now.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Conor should be allowed one kick and one throw every round, no following him to the ground or gnp though

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Conor should be allowed one kick and one throw every round, no following him to the ground or gnp though

Careful, add rules like that and it'll end up like that well remembered wet-fart that was Ali vs. Inoki

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Mauro's commentating Conor/Floyd

• Options
    edited June 2017

Careful, add rules like that and it'll end up like that well remembered wet-fart that was Ali vs. Inoki

I don't think Conor is at any risk of butt scooting Floyd
    Conor gonna knock him out in two rounds
    The question everyone wants the answer to however is which Buffer is going to announce this fight

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I don't think Conor is at any risk of butt scooting Floyd
    Conor gonna knock him out in two rounds
    The question everyone wants the answer to however is which Buffer is going to announce this fight

Michael introduces Floyd and Bruce intros Conor, only fair thing. Then you have them Thunderdome for the right to use their catch phrase, me personally "Let's get ready to RUMMMBLLEEEE!" is the only correct choice.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits tiiiimee.......to ruuummmbblleeeeeeeeeee

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I know too many Irish-Americans besides myself to want anything besides Conor getting knocked out in the first round. They're already insufferable enough after the 1-2 fights he has a year.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Daaamn.... Holly with a beautiful question mark kick KO.

• Options
    Michael Bisping's son always picks against him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPvnphYQi0o