As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    God I wish my PowerTech could use a blaster rifle. Also datacron hunting is tedious even with guides.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Certain blaster pistols look like rifles but are held like pistols, if that helps.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    And visa-versa. There's this one that looks like a triple-barrel shotgun that I've used on a Vanguard-Trooper but there's a pistol-version of it attainable through a Bounty Broker event-vendor.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    And visa-versa. There's this one that looks like a triple-barrel shotgun that I've used on a Vanguard-Trooper but there's a pistol-version of it attainable through a Bounty Broker event-vendor.

Yup, the Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine. Reminds me of Kyle Katarn's sawed-off Bryar. One of my BHs (a Merc) carries two.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Yup, the Heavy Modified Blaster Carbine. Reminds me of Kyle Katarn's sawed-off Bryar. One of my BHs (a Merc) carries two.

Ha ha, my merc also carries a couple of those.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Currently using the firestorm cause it looks like a Mauser , which was such a cool looking gun . But I will try to get my hands on that one .

• Options
    There's also the E-1 Enforcer blaster, which literally looks like the E-11s used by stomtroopers in the OT but is still a pistol.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I don’t understand this games pvp system . I was actually somewhat good at Random battlegrounds when I played wow . Here in unranked I feel like I’m A baby being dogpiled By the doctor and nurses fresh out of the womb.
    Shadowen wrote: »
    There's also the E-1 Enforcer blaster, which literally looks like the E-11s used by stomtroopers in the OT but is still a pistol.

What gets me is that the mandalorians rifle was shown in the pts but the mandalorians in game cant use them !

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I don’t understand this games pvp system . I was actually somewhat good at Random battlegrounds when I played wow . Here in unranked I feel like I’m A baby being dogpiled By the doctor and nurses fresh out of the womb.

I'm not the best at pvp, but I can give you some tips maybe?
    - stuns, stun breaks,and movement speed enhancements are extremely important in pvp. When setting up your utilities, consider the ones that add movement impairment to your attack and purge movement impairment on yourself. You also have a "resolve" bar over your character that, when full, means if you break a stun you can't immediately be stunned again (at least not until the bar is empty again). Some utility skills give you moments of being unstunnable even without the resolve bar - for example, as a guardian, I have guardian leap set that for the first few seconds after a leap I cannot be stunned. Another concept is skills that "stuck" your enemies in place but don't stun them; these are great because they don't fill the resolve meter, but can make melee completely ineffectual if they don't have an available purge or stun break. They also are good for keeping an enemy teammate from a game goal while your team tries to kill them.
    - different games call for different strategies/classes. For example, if you're playing huttball, being a guardian/juggernaut makes you an excellent ball carrier (though you need to know when to pass the ball, too), while being a sage/sorcerer makes you good for getting slightly ahead of ball carrier and pulling them forward. If you have a stealth class you can help by hiding in the end zone under stealth to be passed to (you have to get out of stealth to receive the ball). Burst classes like commando/Merc are good for plauging the attackers or enemy ball carriers from on high. These rules aren't set in stone, of course, and anyone may need to be ball carrier, especially since getting to the ball first (with a speed boost or distance closer) is paramount. Basically you'll need to play the games a while, see what strategies work and don't. Though for straight-up death matches, knowing how best to play your class in a pvp setting is what you need to win, for the games with other goals you can sometimes win over superior dps strength just by being cleverer than the other team.
    - accuracy does nothing in pvp. If you want, you could make a separate gear set with no accuracy on it to better min-max. (I don't now because I don't care that much about it, but I used to)

Pvp does involve just sucking and being destroyed for a while why you learn what works and what doesn't, unfortunately. Same could be said for space combat pvp. But it can be pretty fun once you get the hang of it. Though it does cause more cursing to come out of my mouth than any other part of the game, heh.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    It’s a weird feeling seeing things you bought for pennies a few months ago being listed for several million. All I can think of is one of them was super fucking wrong. Speaking of the free market and Ryan’s great chain I have maxed out several professions but never really craft anything going to try to sell some of the mountain of mats I have so I can actually get some use out of them.

As an aside I can’t really tell the difference between the initial speed of travel and the max with the speeder boost maxed out, I’m sure it’s faster but not a must have if anyone is like me and hasn’t maxed out everything.

Edit- holy shit my stuff sold , made 28 million so I bought all the global legacy boosts ! Still have 9 million left too .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Yeah, the GTN is absolutely like that. Though for me I usually see it going the other way, stuff I WAS selling for 4 million being sold (by idiots) for 350k so the market crashes and I can't make my loot that way anymore.

• Options
    Playing through it again on another alt and Jesus but a lot of KOTFE was genuinely poor game design.

The chapters between 9 and 13, in particular, feel like the devs saying "Anti-frustration abilities? What dumb fuck gave you those? Half the bosses will ignore abilities that make you immune to controlling effects and three-quarters of trash mobs will spawn from nowhere and attack you even if you're stealthed."

• Options
    Kneel before the endless trash mobs of zakull!

• Options
    Maintenance notes says patch notes on Monday. Wonder if it will be more then cartel market stuff. That said I’m a huge hypocrite and if the drop the mandolorian set I will buy it lol.

• Options
    This is the way.

• Options
    They mentioned earlier they were adding a new event to the game, the Feast of Plenty, basically the Star Wars version of Thanksgiving. The only screenshot I've seen implies it's overseen by the Hutts. Which a. makes sense, for a feast, but also b. not sure about the optics of that, when you consider that the Hutts are also the species in the game with the most on-the-nose "we genocided a native people and stole their land" background.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    So for my next goal I want to max out my original companions , blizz and the ship droid are done so that leaves mako , torrian , gault and skadge .

Also found out if you level your alliance commanders to lvl 20 and accept the quests from the commanders datapad that they give you a token for a mount from the alliance vendor.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Skadge.
    Really?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I didn’t chose my original companions , for better or worse he is there lol. Also wish the companion list could be sorted by favorites or at the very least higher level.

Edit - going to make him the tank , blizz and mako can stay as healers and torrian and gault can be dps.

Edit - decided to make a scoundrel instead and use the money to fund him instead. Wish me luck!

Ps I fucking hate how hard it is to pick a name.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Wow does having all these legacy quality of life stuff make everything better

Initial smuggler impressions :

Love the writing so far “ you begin reading the book and are instantly bored”

Ughh I’m so bored / I hate reading !

Got a good chuckle out of me , the animations are also much more interesting. I tried playing an operative a few months ago and It just didn’t stick . But with the pistol and shotgun it feels more fun . Corso hasn’t bothered me so far but maybe it’s cause I’m a guy. First planet was really fun and looking forward to more . Giving new characters armor and weapons for looks really helps getting them started . As a huge Atton ( Kotor 2 ) fan this scoundrel has potential.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    6.14 is out. Pretty boilerplate stuff, though there being an actual storyline to the Feast of Prosperity stuff is vaguely intriguing. One of the class rebalancing adjustments stuck out to me: they really don't want non-tanks with access to Guard to be Guarding people.

But one thing caught my attention.
    swtor.com wrote:
    Players will now be able to ignore another player’s entire Legacy, instead of one character at a time. This option will also prohibit any blocked players from entering your Stronghold, and any Stronghold keys owned by the ignored player will be overridden. The Legacy Ignore list is shared across a player’s Legacy.

FINALLY

Another weirdly long-term issue fixed: heroics now correctly say they are daily rather than weekly.

Also, completely unmentioned in the patch notes is what seems to be a slight advancement of the main story, hinting at
    unrest in the Mandalorians.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I wish Skavik had lasted longer as an antagonist . Was really fun hating that dude and also came across some kotor 2 references in the heist mission so that was fun. The new mandolorian items were released and look awesome but wow they are expensive.

Edit - I need a good Smuggler helmet ideally something with goggles.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Me and the boys doing crimes performing our civic duty to the republic.

DB0CBD5A81F445D2C95A15110D3F0EC3EBFB9685

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    I think the best thing about tacticals/set bonuses is that they can either greatly simplify if you prefer to mash or make things complicated if you want to squeeze out every last deep per ess, and you can do better with either than if you didn't have the tactical at all.

For example on my Carnage Marauder, I have reduced the bulk of my combat to two buttons and it works. Even in longer fights, seven buttons tops and those two buttons are still the core of it.

• Options
    I don’t know if this is a “hot take” but the rise of the huts arc is unplayable unless you are a stealth class and have rocket boots and even then it still takes forever to get through. Just feels like a slog and I was avoiding 99% of fights.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

That's a smashing outfit Risha is wearing. What is it?

[Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I don’t know if this is a “hot take” but the rise of the huts arc is unplayable unless you are a stealth class and have rocket boots and even then it still takes forever to get through. Just feels like a slog and I was avoiding 99% of fights.

This is my feeling about pretty much all of the game. I think all classes should get access to stealth.

Or they could remove all the combat. Whichever.

• Options
    edited October 2020

That's a smashing outfit Risha is wearing? What is it?

I recognize it, it's one of the outfits you can only get by bringing alliance supply crates to Hylo Visz on Odessen.

It goes:

1) Do a heroic --> receive an alliance supply crate marked
    2) gift crate to Hylo Visz, she returns an openable package to you
    3) open packet and a random smuggler or agent outfit item is given along with some companion gifts (sometimes the game sucks and gives you a mount instead of an outfit piece). It may be a random piece from that particular outfit, or it may be one of the other outfits. Each leader on Odesson gives outfit parts for two classes each, and each class has something like 5 outfits that you could get a random piece from. So it's HARD to get a full outfit, you gotta grind. (luckily they are not actually class restricted so as shown in the pic, they can go on companions)

I spent enough time to get about 3 sets for each outfit, for every class. The best items are on my main.

Also you have to give Hylo the type of crates she accepts, so make sure to check that before doing the heroic, if you're gonna grind for this stuff.

The specific outfit is the Remnant Underworld Agent outfit.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

I recognize it, it's one of the outfits you can only get by bringing alliance supply crates to Hylo Visz on Odessen.

It goes:

3) open packet and a random smuggler or agent outfit item is given along with some companion gifts (sometimes the game sucks and gives you a mount instead of an outfit piece). It may be a random piece from that particular outfit, or it may be one of the other outfits. Each leader on Odesson gives outfit parts for two classes each, and each class has something like 5 outfits that you could get a random piece from. So it's HARD to get a full outfit, you gotta grind. (luckily they are not actually class restricted so as shown in the pic, they can go on companions)

I spent enough time to get about 3 sets for each outfit, for every class. The best items are on my main.

Also you have to give Hylo the type of crates she accepts, so make sure to check that before doing the heroic, if you're gonna grind for this stuff.

Thanks! :heartbeat:

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

It goes:

Speaking of , I finally completed that set today . The gloves and wrists had been avoiding me for some time.

In other news I did heroics til, 70 and skipped to Jedi under siege this had a few unexpected consequences . Mainly that a lot of people I Murder for being annoying are alive and well for the first time in one of my games ( arcann Senya koth etc). Not really sure I love the republic storyline either , Malgus and Anri are much much more fun then cardboard Jedi lady and padawan Nickleback. Maybe after some more time they will stop annoying me ?

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I got the itch.
    idau9fe9htvq.jpg

• Options
    Felix, is that you?

• Options
  • Options
    So I have been collecting blasters on the galactic market by sorting by price and buying 1 or 2 cheap ones that aren’t in my collection every time I log off . It’s a fun game for me and sometimes you find ones that are really rare going super cheap because the seller just wants it gone . Well for the first time I saw an imperial enforcer (which was recommended to me in this thread a while back ) that was A) not in the double digit millions and B) something I can afford . So now I have this cool looking blaster. Just waiting for my monthly 100 cc so I can buy the Underworld boss dye I want . Then the look will be complete , will most likely still have to sub for another month as tech fragments grinding for his armor set has Been going slow. Only so many brainless FP you can run before you mind melts.

• Options
    Hey guys mechanic questions :

A) two people left a master instance but when I left I got a leaver penalty. Why?

B) this auction house system is weird . Why do I get a mail that it sold but the money is on a 60 minute delay? Does this have to do with the issue that makes story mail get here three days later and out of order?

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Hey guys mechanic questions :

A) two people left a master instance but when I left I got a leaver penalty. Why?

Anyone who leaves gets the penalty, to avoid the penalty you're supposed to re-queue (though usually it's less hassle to just take the penalty).
    B) this auction house system is weird . Why do I get a mail that it sold but the money is on a 60 minute delay? Does this have to do with the issue that makes story mail get here three days later and out of order?

You know, I never thought about it. I don't have a clue as to why they do that, it is weird, isn't it?

Edit: A cursory google suggests that the reason is to safeguard against server load issues, or it might be to help prevent exploits and/or credit laundering.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    So I wasn't expecting this but I am a big softie so I don't know why I wasn't.

The second part of the Feast of Prosperity event has you working with an actually ethical Hutt, which involves
    giving a lump sum of money to different people, large enough to change their lives.

And that's nice! But kind of shallow; the characters don't get enough depth to be any more than basic archetypes. But then you get an email from the person who was running the charity for orphans--who includes notes from some of the kids you helped. Adorable misspellings and grammatical errors included. And they're fictional and obviously it's calculated to pull heartstrings, but I still found myself smiling, even when they included the contractually-obligated "please consider making this a recurring donation" note at the end of the charity's email.

• Options
    Well that settles it , Dijn is a ap PowerTech. Also watch the season 2 ep 1 , it’s out and super good.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Well since it bugs me to leave a deleted posted in the thread have a picture of me looking cool =/

857691C53F48660852170DB4D98C451456E93280

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Been playing this a little bit Free-To-Play, and I have a question: I've filled up my little Galactic Conquest progress bar, how do I now collect the rewards from that?