As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Been playing this a little bit Free-To-Play, and I have a question: I've filled up my little Galactic Conquest progress bar, how do I now collect the rewards from that?

You should get the first reward automatically, the mission rewards will pop up and you can accept the pop-up. The second reward only comes if you are a member of a guild, and if your guild is set to invade a planet, and if your guild has gotten enough overall points to complete the invasion. If all that's done, then you get your second reward on Tuesday afternoon.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Been playing this a little bit Free-To-Play, and I have a question: I've filled up my little Galactic Conquest progress bar, how do I now collect the rewards from that?

It gives it to you automatically, it shows up like a quest reward box so you probably accepted it without thinking . I do it all the time .
    In other news I just realized you can only game a certain amount of rep per week so I won’t be able to hit friend and buy the heavy modified carbine from the bounty hunter event .

Edit- and that will teach me to respond without checking to see if anyone has already answered .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2020
    Cambiata wrote: »

You should get the first reward automatically, the mission rewards will pop up and you can accept the pop-up. The second reward only comes if you are a member of a guild, and if your guild is set to invade a planet, and if your guild has gotten enough overall points to complete the invasion. If all that's done, then you get your second reward on Tuesday afternoon.

Huh, I think I hit a bug. Those rewards never showed up in my inventory. Thank you for the help!

Tube on
  • Options
    So since you said you are f2p (and even if you weren’t ) if you add the 2fa to your account you get 100 cc every month . It isn’t much but it adds up especially when you take a break and come back to a big chunk of free mtx monies .

Finally did the pvp quest which only leaves me with Dr Lokin to do which needs the rakghoul event and I will have completed every alliance alert. That said I got frustrated trying to recruit Broonmark and killed him out of spite. Then again Broonmark is my least favorite companion , even when I played sith warrior he was pointless.

• Options
    Corso suuuuuuucks.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Started a new Smuggler, huh.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I didn’t mind him but I’m told that he is annoying as a female. My smuggler was male so i didn’t really notice him .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    He extremely sucks as a female. You can call him out on his poor attitude towards women but it doesn't actually help, he still pisses and moans any time you talk to a man who isn't him and there doesn't seem to be a "permanently tell him to fuck off because you're not interested" option.

• Options
    Yeah as a dude you guys just talk about guns and space crime .

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    The best thing that can be said about Corso is that after you recruit him back post-KOTET you can a. finally break off a relationship with him b. he seems to have finally grown up and c. you never have to talk with him again.

• Options
    I met sexy hologram lady , pretty cool but that annoying assistant of hers is kinda hit or miss.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    The best thing that can be said about Corso is that after you recruit him back post-KOTET you can a. finally break off a relationship with him b. he seems to have finally grown up and c. you never have to talk with him again.

No no, there's a WAY better option. When it comes time to recruit both him and Risha at the same time, you only recruit Risha. It's hilarious.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Hey dudes , new cantina code is up LivestreamCantina2020. Just some mounts but I missed the livestream and don’t know if they announced anything exciting.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Well, do you consider daily login rewards exciting!

No, you don't?

Well then maybe
    Actual story spoiler
    Somehow, Vitiate is back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Veagle wrote: »
    Well, do you consider daily login rewards exciting!

No, you don't?

Well then maybe
    Actual story spoiler
    Somehow, Vitiate is back.

OMG, fuck that noise. (the spoiler, that is)

• Options
    6.2 speculation spoiler:
    I imagine he's not "back" back, just that the devs did what a lot of people wanted, which is for him to show up in the mindscape and say a few lines voiced by Doug Bradley.
    Also, I suspect it's gonna go like "Kill Valkorion (again), kill Vitiate (again), kill Tenebrae (for the "first" and last time)."

• Options
    I pretend that kotfe didn’t happen , that someone else is leading that monstrosity and I’m just doing my own thing.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I pretend that kotfe didn’t happen , that someone else is leading that monstrosity and I’m just doing my own thing.

I do the same, for characters of mine who are profoundly unsuited to leading an Alliance.
    Some are members of it who are sent out on missions by the real Commander, others are off doing their own thing entirely.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    So just outfitted all my gear with blue augments I crafted and I gained like 20k life. That said all I can craft is accuracy augments so I wanted to get to 110 acc naturally so I could stack crit but I fell short at 108% so I had to leave 2 acc mods to get to 110. I can just slot them out whenever I pvp.

• Options
    Headcanon:

The Jedi Knight is the commander, and the Imperial Agent embedded themselves in Zakuul for a few years pretending to be/actually becoming a knowledge broker, and broke the news of their awakening in KOTFE chapter 3 galaxy-wide when the Zakuul propaganda machine would have suppressed it.

This causes the others to trickle in over the course of the story, most of them after chapter 9 of KOTFE. My favorite idea is in the conversation before chapter 10, SCORPIO casually reveals that one of the techs innocently working in the war room is actually Cipher Nine, who infiltrated the Alliance to get a look around almost immediately, and suggests they go on the mission that turns out to be recruiting Kaliyo.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I like it, though I trust you mean that SCORPIO is the one making that suggestion, because my Agent would never willingly work with Kaliyo ever again (or, for that matter, the first time).

even working with SCORPIO is a bit of an ask, but well, needs and circumstances.
    (Per a conversation with a friend, both "can be trusted to be untrustworthy", but SCORPIO, at least, has the sense to not do it until it suits her purposes - and also brings other things to the table besides Blowing Up Random Shit. Whereas Kaliyo might betray the Alliance over something so petty as feeling bored or slighted.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Code's not working for me. Do you have to be subbed, because I'm not at the moment.

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Code's not working for me. Do you have to be subbed, because I'm not at the moment.

I dont think you do to use cantina codes.I used mine yesterday and it worked but im subbed.

• Options
    It's not working for me and I'm subbed

• Options
    So I looked it up in Reddit and apparently a lot of people are having trouble , so it’s not just you guys. Unfortunately didn’t find anything on how to fix it

• Options
    In my quixotic quest to own all the decos, I've managed to unlock every deco that has to be bought with MK-1 crafted materials. ALL OF THEM.

So, on to MK-2 stuff now, because I appear to be a masochist.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Im playing this again after a year and omg how much easier is it for solo people to get a weeks conquest goals achieved.
    There's so many things that reward points and lots of them are easy to do.

Also I fired up a round of Galactic Starfighter and had my best ever deathmatch. 18 kills + 14 assists. Only 2 deaths. Felt like Poe taking out all the First Order ties at Maz's castle in Episode 7. Im guessing either I got really lucky, or all the good players left to play Squadrons.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Today I learned that the eternal championship awards unique color crystals and it’s easy at max level . Grabbed the 3 weeklies , did all 10 rounds now I have eternal purple , cyan and magenta crystals . Plus they are bind to legacy so it’s convenient.

Friday edit- 50% off tunings collection unlocks and color crystals as well as an automatic update for steam coming soon ( no need to boot up the launcher to update)

Spent 5 bucks on CC and tried to make an outfit for my shadow
    749A718842CA8F430F0E2F0E6959611DA6356F5A

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    I have achieved min max (spoilered for size)
    160E419D2539AE355F37636535F73A71980381C3

I can get even more crit if I upgrade all the blue accuracy augments to purple as that should leave me with several slots left over for new crit augs but crafting all this stuff has left all my characters drained credits wise as well as material wise. Also yes I know accuracy caps out at 110% and I only have 109.91%. I try real real hard not to look at it and have an existential crisis.

• Options
    I am so appreciative of how once you hit level 75 all the good item drops are legacy bound, and based on your current gear level.

I crafted a few high level pieces and bought some more to boost my level and now high rating gear is dropping from the skies, and all the extra pieces can go to my alts.
    So playing my main gears up my other characters too. Sure it'll all be tank gear but it makes it so my alts can also start doing stuff wearing good gear and getting good drops rather than 270 stuff

• Options
    The usual One method is to simply grind hard/exclusively on one character until they're all the way up to 306, and then pass that gear around to all of your other characters in sequence so they can get their own.

• Options
    Yeah it pays to have a bolt blaster / force lord set and accessories in the bank just in case.

• Options
    Also note, re: tank gear vs. everything else, that you can set your "gear discipline" (i.e., what you get for drops) by right-clicking on your character portrait.
    This will let you acquire tank gear while playing as DPS, or vice versa.

• Options
    Sold a hypercrate of cartel packs. Used the money to buy 306 gear for every slot (except one relic)
    Went for a master flashpoint run, got Hammer Station.
    Had an extremely quick run, like not even boss fights put up a challenge, mission ends and I get flashpoint rewards, and the Weekly master flashpoint rewards, and using the group finder rewards, and a couple renown boxes
    I picked up 32 pieces of gold legacy gear. Including the last 306 relic I needed that also had the exact amplifier I wanted.
    Result!
    feeling like Oprah to my alts, you get gear, and you get gear etc

I love this new system

• Options
    How do you buy 306 gear?

• Options
    How do you buy 306 gear?

I imagine he is buying 306 enhancements/mod/armoring and slotting them in a shell. Which is almost never worth it. Unless you have more money then time.

• Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. But it sounds like GaryO had crazy hypercrate money and it was worth it to him/sparked joy, so... *shrug*

• Options
    Speaking of frivolous spending , I’m about to hit the cap on tech fragments and I need to spend a few . Suggestions?

• Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. But it sounds like GaryO had crazy hypercrate money and it was worth it to him/sparked joy, so... *shrug*

Yeah thats exactly what I did.
    I had around 10000 cartel coins from being subbed, so bought a hypercrate and after buying all the mods/gear/amplifiers i needed for one character I still had like 100M left over.

My synthweaver character prob has enough saved up to do the same himself just from selling dyes and lightsaber hilts though.

Next step is trying to raise the level of stuff I can craft, so I can start making more money that way

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    The goddamn Mandalorian dragged me back into this game. Playing through the Consular storyline at the moment. Dropped $10 so I could become preferred and once I get a few characters at 60 I'll probably get a two month sub so I can take them to 75.

The fact that artifact authorization is still something locked behind a paywall is grating though. Unlocking that for the entire account is expensive.