As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got Haley to 4 hearts naturally, through quests and birthdays and whatever, and she's mellowed out a lot. I still don't like her, and i'm still trying to decide between Maru, Leah, or Elliot.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I'm finally starting to progress the plot, and THE WIZARD has been the dumbest but also best thing. I love that this is a serious down to earth farming game and then there's just A WIZARD.

It's pretty clear from the get go that this isn't going to be quite a serious, down to earth game just from the opening sequence. The gypsy wagon pulled by a giant pig with a fez on it was a pretty big sign too. But the wizard makes it very clear if you weren't paying attention to the opening or didn't go into the gypsy's stop on the days she appears.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I am wooing Leah, Maru, and Dr.Watson Harvey simultaneously.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Oooh, patch this morning came with an increase to grass growing speed. Hopefully it's enough to get a self-sustainable supply of Hay going to make animals more viable. I love the "new patch with little bug fixes and tiny quality improvements pretty much every day" schedule.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Question: does the game change every time you start it and is different every time (aka a Rogue-like?)?

• Options
    Question: does the game change every time you start it and is different every time (aka a Rogue-like?)?

The random forages and dungeon/mine levels are randomly generated but I think that's it.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Possibly the arrangement of the debris on the farm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm finally starting to progress the plot, and THE WIZARD has been the dumbest but also best thing. I love that this is a serious down to earth farming game and then there's just A WIZARD.

It's pretty clear from the get go that this isn't going to be quite a serious, down to earth game just from the opening sequence. The gypsy wagon pulled by a giant pig with a fez on it was a pretty big sign too. But the wizard makes it very clear if you weren't paying attention to the opening or didn't go into the gypsy's stop on the days she appears.
    well, I didn't really mean serious down to earth in that way. I mean, it's a you know...normal world farming game. You're not running around spewing magic bullshit everywhere.

And then just all of a sudden WIZARD.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

well, I didn't really mean serious down to earth in that way. I mean, it's a you know...normal world farming game. You're not running around spewing magic bullshit everywhere.

And then just all of a sudden WIZARD.

You do get handed a sword by the adventuring guild and told to start killing slimes in the mines pretty quickly too. And we just kind of accept it. And then I start wondering what kind of mining operation the town had going on that was fine with building an elevator to a freezing dungeon filled with undead.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Here's something I'm wondering: If you plant flowers near your bee boxes, will they cause the bees to produce more and/or better honey?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Here's something I'm wondering: If you plant flowers near your bee boxes, will they cause the bees to produce more and/or better honey?

Supposedly different kinds of honey, but I haven't tested it personally.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I was working on Sam and Sebastian simultaneously (also Alex, at one point, but then he revealed himself to be a terrible person. He and Haley can rot in obscurity together) but ended up getting Sebastian to eight hearts, because I happened to have a gift he loved on his birthday, so just went with him.

For me it's
    Men: Sam = Sebastian > Elliot > Harvey > Alex
    Women: Penny > Maru > Abigail = Leah > Haley

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I need to print out the likes and dislikes so I can keep them next to me while I play. I'm going for Maru - Abigail - Leah on mine.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    I just alt+tab over to the wiki when I need to check.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Do you need to water trees you planted? If I could get some juices from pine and maple trees without spending energy on watering, it would be pretty good source of energy-free income.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm doing this all wrong but gramps told me to build a farm and chill out from the modern world.

If it's not the occasional quest I'm not spending time running around filling relationship bonds. I've got slimes to kill and a farm to build.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Well shit, if you cut down a tree and leave the stump, it will grow back in 10 days.

You know, just like in real life.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Well shit, if you cut down a tree and leave the stump, it will grow back in 10 days.

You know, just like in real life.

Motherfuck, I've been chopping down all the stumps thinking they were just eyesores.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Trees seem to grow back pretty quickly anyway (especially off your farm), and fully grown trees will spread seeds, leading to even more trees. I cut down the stumps because it's more wood, sap, and possibly seeds for me.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just found out that that thing at the north end of the farm is a dog bowl, and you can fill it with your watering can. I guess my dog hasn't had anything to drink for 2 and a half months.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular

It does. Generally the more the flower is worth, the more the honey will be worth. Also of note is that you can get a talent from your farming level that makes Artisan Goods worth 50% more. Gold star Truffle Oil can be worth something like 1500g a pop, and the best type of honey is somewhere just over 1000g each. It's pretty nuts.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Fuuuuuck I don't want to do the year 2 flower dance alone again.

Maybe I'll just skip the entire thing.

GOD IT'S LIKE HIGHSCHOOL ALL OVER AGAIN

fuck them brolo, you and me, we'll go stag and pick up a couple wallflowers.
    and hey, we can actually buy our own liquor without having to have the homeless guy get it for us.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I've been looking for some PC game I can sit down and relax with. I keep seeing this one pop up.

Is there any sort of multiplayer component, visiting other people's areas or something?

Are there any sales or anything? It's a little higher than I usually pay for Steam games, especially ones I don't know much about in an unfamiliar genre.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    There's supposed to be co-op multiplayer coming up in the future. The creator wants to fix some more bugs on it before releasing to everyone.

• Options
    monikazappermonikazapper the mouthless seaRegistered User regular
    I'm somehow wishing that multiplayer can be MMORPG-style, where I can randomly meet up with my friend somewhere in town. But that could complete change and even ruin the game.

• Options
    I have been waiting almost twenty years for a Harvest Moon game that would let me do this
    eoPrmYo.jpg
    GWz0tLC.jpg

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Made it down to level 40 in the mine, hello iron and hello sprinklers.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Anybody know where gold shows up in the mines?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Anybody know where gold shows up in the mines?

80+, after the cold/ice sections.

• Options
    Now in mid-Fall of the first year. I've reached the bottom of the mines so now I just hit it when I need a specific thing from it like bug meat or a specific ore. Maybe to grab specific gems a villager likes.

Currently have a decent but not huge field of crops mostly covered by sprinklers, a chicken coop, two beehouses, and a few tappers on trees. A jam/pickle jar is slowly churning through the melons from the summer harvest because that jam sells for a lot. My silo is full and I plan to build a second before winter so I can harvest all that grass I have into hay. That said, many days I make most of my money from fishing since I do a lot of that now that mine clearing isn't a big thing.

Does anyone know if bloomed flowers stick around without watering them? I had a really swank flower by a beehouse but then picked it up trying to water it and there's not enough time for a new flower to bloom before Winter hits.
    Maybe I'm doing this all wrong but gramps told me to build a farm and chill out from the modern world.

If it's not the occasional quest I'm not spending time running around filling relationship bonds. I've got slimes to kill and a farm to build.

Bonds are tough early on since you lack gifts for most of the NPCs. The exceptions are the ones you can give wild plants you forage. Leah and Haley have generally been the highest bonds since most of the other NPCs were quest dependent for a long time while Leah appreciated the wild spring onions I kept nabbing and Haley seems to like any flower.
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I've been looking for some PC game I can sit down and relax with. I keep seeing this one pop up.

Is there any sort of multiplayer component, visiting other people's areas or something?

Are there any sales or anything? It's a little higher than I usually pay for Steam games, especially ones I don't know much about in an unfamiliar genre.

It's a really small indie title that came out of nowhere. I don't think the usual discounters like Green Man Gaming even have keys.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Now in mid-Fall of the first year. I've reached the bottom of the mines so now I just hit it when I need a specific thing from it like bug meat or a specific ore. Maybe to grab specific gems a villager likes.

Currently have a decent but not huge field of crops mostly covered by sprinklers, a chicken coop, two beehouses, and a few tappers on trees. A jam/pickle jar is slowly churning through the melons from the summer harvest because that jam sells for a lot. My silo is full and I plan to build a second before winter so I can harvest all that grass I have into hay. That said, many days I make most of my money from fishing since I do a lot of that now that mine clearing isn't a big thing.

Does anyone know if bloomed flowers stick around without watering them? I had a really swank flower by a beehouse but then picked it up trying to water it and there's not enough time for a new flower to bloom before Winter hits.

Bonds are tough early on since you lack gifts for most of the NPCs. The exceptions are the ones you can give wild plants you forage. Leah and Haley have generally been the highest bonds since most of the other NPCs were quest dependent for a long time while Leah appreciated the wild spring onions I kept nabbing and Haley seems to like any flower.

It's a really small indie title that came out of nowhere. I don't think the usual discounters like Green Man Gaming even have keys.

I wouldn't really say it came out of nowhere. There's been a huge amount of Harvest Moon fans salivating over it since it initially went up on Greenlight. I think it was one of the first few to actually go up on Greenlight, so it's probably been 3 or 4 years.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I wouldn't really say it came out of nowhere. There's been a huge amount of Harvest Moon fans salivating over it since it initially went up on Greenlight. I think it was one of the first few to actually go up on Greenlight, so it's probably been 3 or 4 years.

And it had a Kickstarter before that but how many games out of all those available through those means have turned out to be really good and popular? A pretty small percentage from my count.

Still, not the kind of game that the third party sellers get early.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Abit late but thanks to those who answered my question about combat back on page 2.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Stardew Valley didn't have a Kickstarter. ConcernedApe has been working on the game by himself for years. I'm glad he was able to publish with Chucklefish though and get it to release. Looking at numbers from
    Enhanced Steam plugin it's showing 125k plus sales on Steam which is great for single developer Indie game like this at it's initial $15 price.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Stardew Valley didn't have a Kickstarter. ConcernedApe has been working on the game by himself for years. I'm glad he was able to publish with Chucklefish though and get it to release. Looking at numbers from
    Enhanced Steam plugin it's showing 125k plus sales on Steam which is great for single developer Indie game like this at it's initial $15 price.

Yeah, looking around it seems like some sites got their wires crossed about kickstarter. Some other HM-likes have used it so I guess that's where some confusion was.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I got off the bus and met Robyn and was like 'she's the one!'

10 minutes later find out she is married.

Steam refund pls.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one.

I will admit, part of it was the convenience of being able to say "Honey, would you be a dear and go build us a barn?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just marry one of her kids.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Rami wrote: »
    I got off the bus and met Robyn and was like 'she's the one!'

10 minutes later find out she is married.

Steam refund pls.

There are other redheads that are single. They don't have as much personality when you meet them and even the wallflower treats you pretty poorly, but they're there.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Just marry one of her kids.

"If your parents want to have Christmas at our place your mom needs to finish the kitchen expansion."

steam_sig.png