As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    So Alex in this game (not Mori) said he'd used so much gel his hair hurt and asked my farmer not to touch it. I guess she did because he said 'ouch'.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Henroid wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Mean Moriveth is what they called me in prison.

But that's mostly because I'm painfully average.

:x
    Your guys' kids are blessed to have a comic genius for a parent.

"comic"

"genius"

"blessed"

"to"

"your"

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Fuckin'

Rekt

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I don't know what's happening.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    So I know I said I wasn't interested in trying to optimize my play for this game, but it is the last day of Year 1 and I am frozen with analysis paralysis, trying to decide how best to allocate my money and resources for the spring crops. Like, how many sprinklers can I build? Do I want to hold some of the gold/iron back for other crafting? Once I decide how many sprinklers, that tells me how many tiles I can grow without watering, but do I want to grow more crops than that? How many am I comfortable manually watering? How many summer saplings should I buy so they'll be ready in time to produce on Summer 1? How many Seed Makers should I make, and what percentage of my yield should I recycle through them? How many scarecrows will I need? How much more of my wood should I burn into coal? Should I be using fertilizer to make sure I can finish the Quality Crops Bundle, or should I just rely on success through volume of yield?

I don't actually want answers to any of those questions, but I opened a spreadsheet earlier, and that's when I realized I had a problem.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm with you there. I started a spreadsheet with the intention of keeping track of Community Center bundles. It currently has five separate tabs.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I made a chest for each section and dumped stuff in there until I had a bundle ready then walked it over. I prioritized the pantry because it is by far the most important, the greenhouse is so awesome.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I'm with you there. I started a spreadsheet with the intention of keeping track of Community Center bundles. It currently has five separate tabs.

Speaking of things I only learned this playthrough, you can look at all the bundles you've unlocked by clicking on one of the icons in the pause/inventory menu. I walked all the way to the community center... more times than I care to admit to see what I needed to get

• Options

Speaking of things I only learned this playthrough, you can look at all the bundles you've unlocked by clicking on one of the icons in the pause/inventory menu. I walked all the way to the community center... more times than I care to admit to see what I needed to get

Yeah; I only realized about that button last playthrough - I had been doing the same...

Got my greenhouse! By the time winter hits I should have a steady income of cash and be able to concentrate on landscaping my farm (right now it’s almost entirely covered in grass; I have three silos full and an half regretting not building more...)

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

They only fixed this on switch recently, it was hard to do that at first.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I can't wait to see the pettiness that evolves when two players are trying to romance the same person.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »

I can't wait to see the pettiness that evolves when two players are trying to romance the same person.

Why would there be any problem with that? :winky:

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Why would there be any problem with that? :winky:

Oh I don't have any problem with it, but can you imagine the Game Grumps episodes?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Is that even how it'd work? I thought multiplayer would be other people joining into one person's world, and that one person is the one doing all the romancing and such.

• Options
    Devs indicated it would work that way:
    Farmhands can do almost anything the main player can do. They can farm, mine, fight, fish, forage, marry NPCs and take part in festivals. Each player has their own inventory. When a farmhand is not connected, their inventory can be managed through a chest in their cabin.

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Do they all live in the same house?

If I marry Maru will we be living with all those other goobers telling us to keep it down at night because we're being so loud?
    SHE HAS A TELESCOPE AND SPACE IS COOL, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY BEING ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT STUFF FOR ONCE.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    well hold on here, everyone

multi is just an infinite spouse generator

anyone here could be your husband/wife

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    DIBS ON MORI

• Options
    U SNOOZE U LOOZE @Janson

• Options
    The multiplayer news is awesome and definitely makes me more interested! I hate being a bit player in someone else’s game.

I completed the community center by end of year one! The first time I played this game it took me 3 years and I wouldn’t have even thought one year was possible. Of course it does require pure luck - but it’s fun to have beaten the challenge I set myself. I scored the red cabbage in the nick of time - it didn’t appear until the last week of winter.

My farmer has given out 6 bouquets so far and I don’t feel very bad smooching all the villagers.

• Options
    Maru looks like a child

• Options
    KmGTlwY.jpg

rFAmQ2r.jpg

i think it's the overalls

• Options
    Well my son wanted to marry her so she is my current wife. I am trying to get 10 hearts with all villagers so many bouquets have been given. Sometimes she asks if she needs to be worried about the other villagers which makes me feel a tinge of guilt.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    well hold on here, everyone

multi is just an infinite spouse generator

anyone here could be your husband/wife

Like Luda, you can have hoes in different area codes.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Well my son wanted to marry her so she is my current wife. I am trying to get 10 hearts with all villagers so many bouquets have been given. Sometimes she asks if she needs to be worried about the other villagers which makes me feel a tinge of guilt.

When this is the first post you see that first sentence is disarming til you remember what thread.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

When this is the first post you see that first sentence is disarming til you remember what thread.

It's still a bit disturbing that he saw who his kid wanted to marry, said "screw that," and married her first.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »

It's still a bit disturbing that he saw who his kid wanted to marry, said "screw that," and married her first.

He didn't call dibs.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I think I spoiled myself for ever having this on the switch. Screw playing without automation mods, I ain't got time to put fruit in and take jelly out, poppas got mining to do and people to romance. I only really need to sell every thursday to be sure to have enough for krobus.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »

He didn't call dibs.

This is Arrested Development levels of interfamilial conflict

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Got to Year 2, had all but the Bulletin bundle done, Greenhouse started up late Winter, already deep into the Skull cave, and decided "I think I can do that much better without all the mistakes" and started a new game.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I picked up my save which was towards the end of fall year one. I couldn’t remember what I was doing and had tons of money so I bought a second cow and an upgrading the barn a level.

Does the caravan lady sell wool? I only need wool or cloth and five gold pumpkins to complete the pantry and I think the pumpkins are almost grown.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I picked up my save which was towards the end of fall year one. I couldn’t remember what I was doing and had tons of money so I bought a second cow and an upgrading the barn a level.

Does the caravan lady sell wool? I only need wool or cloth and five gold pumpkins to complete the pantry and I think the pumpkins are almost grown.

She does; you can also befriend Emily and she’ll randomly send you wool or cloth in the mail. I’ve had far more success with the latter strategy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

She does; you can also befriend Emily and she’ll randomly send you wool or cloth in the mail. I’ve had far more success with the latter strategy.

Hmmm. Guess it’ll be less of a rush if this pumpkin crop doesn’t come through for me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Got exactly the five gold pumpkins I needed. Now I need some wool. I guess I'll befriend Emily? I have a while before I can buy sheep or rabbits.

• Options
    @Moriveth said he was buying me another game and I think it was a passive aggressive dig at how much I’ve been playing this game. Or jealousy at my now 8 boyfriends and girlfriends. Whatever!

• Options
    what is it like to be married to a playa hater

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    But does he hate the playa, or does he hate the game?

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    @Moriveth said he was buying me another game and I think it was a passive aggressive dig at how much I’ve been playing this game. Or jealousy at my now 8 boyfriends and girlfriends. Whatever!

Jealousy is a thing in this game. I've never given Eliot anything other than void mayonnaise because my GF married him on two different playthroughs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Jealousy is a thing in this game. I've never given Eliot anything other than void mayonnaise because my GF married him on two different playthroughs.

To be fair, Elliot is the fucking worst.

Though the only thing that puts Clint above him is that Clint isn't romanceable. Making sure Clint never finds love is a positive.

This discussion has been closed.