As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Podcast Thread Podcast Memorial Podcast thread

KilroyKilroy timaeusTestifiedRegistered User regular

RIP Podcast Thread Podcast

You were too cutting edge for this crazy backwards world

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Episode 6 of Coolgames Inc, titled Hugh Jackman's Huge Actin', is now live

• Options
    Episode 29 of COUNTER/weight is titled Three Conversations

Here is the episode summary
    A Lion and a Man chanced to travel in company through the forest. They soon began to quarrel, for each of them boasted that he and his kind were far superior to the other both in strength and mind.

Now they reached a clearing in the forest and there stood a statue. It was a representation of Heracles in the act of tearing the jaws of the Nemean Lion.

"See," said the man, "that's how strong we are! The King of Beasts is like wax in our hands!"

"Ho!" laughed the Lion, "a Man made that statue."

--The Man & The Lion, from “The Aesop for Children: with Pictures by Milo Winter”

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I just started The Black Tapes

I'd heard a lot of positive talk about it being "realistic" and "spooky"

Admittedly I'm only two episodes in, but... it doesn't seem like that at all so far? Most of the characters are capital A acting and the first investigation made me roll my eyes pretty hard, being what it's about.

Does it pick up later or should I just drop it now if I feel like this?

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    beastcast is up

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

RIP Podcast Thread Podcast

You were too cutting edge for this crazy backwards world

listen: i'd love to do more. and i'd love to think we could start it back up again and bring the podcast thread podcast to the podcast thread like the old days. but.... @Hermano .... success changed him. y'all don't know what it's like, you haven't been locked in a booth with him for hours on end while he's cranked up on goofballs and lean. there's still a decent person somewhere in there, i mean a real fuckin artist, but....

i dunno. we had a good run. stay tuned.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    we got another forumer on coolgames inc this week

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    we got another forumer on coolgames inc this week

Was it Speed? Did his shotgun suggestion technique pay off?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    that would be spoiling
    It was Farg

• Options
    that would be spoiling
    It was Farg
    Oh yeah he had a really good one.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Speaking of cutting edge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nQuXoIdXVE

Mentioned my videos in podcasts before but I did this last night so I figured I would post here for folks to check out. Going to have another video in April for the demonstration we do hopefully.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I don't understand, I could see your sword moving and the pole split and fell over way before you sheathed your sword and walked away

I thought you were supposed to be good at this

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I don't understand, I could see your sword moving and the pole split and fell over way before you sheathed your sword and walked away

I thought you were supposed to be good at this

Sorry, I had to slow the video down to about 1/10th speed for the human eye to see. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    It legit took me a minute or two listening to the beastcast if the special guest was live or pre-recorded and Vinny was editing it in.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    A real conversation I had last night with someone I had just met at a hobby shop

Him: I heard you talking about the power rangers announcement, do you know a lot about the show? My 10 year old has been watching the old ones on netflix
    Me: yeah I actually run a podcast about it
    Him: Wait, did you advertise on Adventure Zone?
    Me: We did! Its been good for us
    Him: Cool, I was thinking about listening
    Me: You should do that!
    Him: Maybe me and my son will listen
    Me: YOU SHOULD NOT DO THAT

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Today marks the 10th anniversary of Superego.

It's hard to believe that ten years ago, Matt Gourley and Jeremy Carter decided to spout absurd things into microphones, edit those improvisations, and make those recordings available to the public for free on the internet.

Jeff Crocker and I were there from the start, trying to help Matt and Jeremy figure out what this thing was going to be. I didn't know it then, but looking back, Superego taught me so much over the years.

At first, we thought no one was listening. We were probably right. It was 2006. If you think podcasts are just catching on now, imagine what things were like ten years ago. We started to see that the show was being downloaded in other states in the US and in other countries. That was really cool. Matt and I used to download Superego on multiple demo computers any time we were at the Apple Store because we thought it would help with our numbers. We lost our minds when a local Long Beach paper wanted to cover us. I think it just taught us to trust that we were having fun doing this weird thing, and that we should just keep going with no promise of reward or audience or really anything at all. Do what you love, and keep doing it. Put the blinders on and work.

For a long time, we put out a new episode on the first of the month every month. That taught me about deadlines. That monthly standard lasted a lot longer than I thought it ever would, but it also taught me that I could put my head down and work. And it was worth it. Those eleventh hour sketches are some of my favorites, and putting those episodes together are some of my favorite times.

Creatively, I've learned that the dumbest ideas are often the best. That you should make things that look and sound and feel as good as you can make them. Take wild swings at the most absurd concepts. Take more of those swings. Work, rest, and then see if the work holds up. Try not to repeat yourself. If you do, repeat yourself in a new way.

Doing live shows taught me about booking, planning sets, DIY sound design, how to handle technical disasters, and then, after all of that stuff, putting on a funny show and saying hello to anyone that took the time to meet us afterward. Thanks to all of the technical folks that have helped us over the years. I feel your pain.

Paul F. Tompkins joined us as a permanent member and taught me so much about comedic execution and character point of view, concise delivery, rambling delivery, and any other kind of delivery there is. Being a gentleman. Taking comedy seriously. So much more. Thanks, Paul.

Superego has brought me to other cities and comedy festivals to perform, it has afforded me the opportunity to meet absolute heroes, and I have made some of the best friends a man can have along the way.

I'm usually not one for fanfare, but today I feel it's only right to celebrate a little bit. I'm so proud of the work I've done for Superego, and so proud of Matt, Jeremy, Jeff, and Paul. I love you gentlemen, and I still can't believe I got to do all of this with you.

Thank you to everyone that's been a guest on the show. Thank you to everyone that's downloaded an episode. Thank you to everyone that's written a review, or a tweet, or an email. It means the world to me. Thank you.
    Superego released its final episode last night after 10 years

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I appreciate that Vinny was armed and ready to tell Jeff to stop doing the dumb South Park SUPER SERIAL voice

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I appreciate that the beastcast is still secretly the best improv comedy podcast

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    The harmonix talk on the beastcast this morning was basically how I feel about the whole thing, it's such a bummer

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I appreciate that the beastcast is still secretly the best improv comedy podcast
    I cannot stand with you, brother

(it is very good though)

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

(it is very good though)

I mean, I know that no one is going to agree with me on that point

I recognize that I am an outlier in disliking 99% of improv podcasts

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

(it is very good though)

I mean, I know that no one is going to agree with me on that point

I recognize that I am an outlier in disliking 99% of improv podcasts

There's several of us here who can't get into the improvcasts.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Chico gets a shoutout at the end of this Friends at the Table, deservedly so

• Options
    Chico's art is fucking bonkers good

• Options
    Oh

Oh no

This Superhero Management Sim game Austin namedrops

I'm in trouble

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Teenagers with Attitude Episode 33 - Bulk and Skull's Eggcelent Adventure

Graham returns as we cover the most confusing Rita monster and the most confusing Bulk & Skull adventure yet in the same episode, and we inexplicably talk about Hannah-Barbara cartoons for far longer than is responsible

Episode Discussed: S01E33: The Yolk's On You

m8vm335bqcaa.jpg

This Week's Highlights: Smurf You, The horror of Clutch Cargo, Two Words Together: The Youtube Game, Billy's Country Music Debut, Serial Killer Impression, Skull's Eggsistencial Crisis, Goonie Birds Stick Together, Ernie's Special Recipe, The Nerdiest Pokemon

Check us out on iTunes and leave us a review, or send us questions @TeensWithTude on twitter, Shoot us an email at TeensWithTude@gmail.com, or join our Facebook Group 'Teenagers With Attitude'!

Thanks @Grey Ghost for joining us for

I dunno, we talked about hannah barbara for a while, I have no idea what we're doing anymore

It's pretty fun though

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Via the beastcast, think it's kind of weird that NMS won't have gas giants and stuff.

Like, I get you can't explore them physically, via getting out of the ship. But it would have still been rad to find gas giants, maybe with rings and just fly near them, maybe they could have had you be able to get stuff out of their rings, or skim their surface for some kinda gas resource, or land on their moons, or something.

I dunno, just strikes me as a bummer cause gas giants be cool yo.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hopefully they continue to work on more stuff for it after it comes out because even without going to stuff like strange life forms and ancient alien civilizations and whatnot, even with what we know right now in the real world, space is super cool and weird. I really hope I can just fly around and look at stuff if I want to. Mining for resources is fine i'll easily lose hours at a time doing that, but space exploration is kind of my jam and I hope it's not too limited right off the bat.

• Options
    I get why NMS is a $60 release but I really don't think I can swing that when it comes out.

• Options
    Some of the most interesting ideas about speculating alien biomes come from gas giants, its too bad they didn't explore tbat

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    This Beastcast episode is fantastic (though when isn't it)... Especially the Microsoft improv bit ("at least I didn't come up with kinect").

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Via the beastcast, think it's kind of weird that NMS won't have gas giants and stuff.

Like, I get you can't explore them physically, via getting out of the ship. But it would have still been rad to find gas giants, maybe with rings and just fly near them, maybe they could have had you be able to get stuff out of their rings, or skim their surface for some kinda gas resource, or land on their moons, or something.

I agree, it would have been nice for aesthetics, but I would imagine it was a practical decision. They probably didn't want the environmental generator to waste time and engine power creating content that won't significantly benefit the game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Hopefully they continue to work on more stuff for it after it comes out because even without going to stuff like strange life forms and ancient alien civilizations and whatnot, even with what we know right now in the real world, space is super cool and weird. I really hope I can just fly around and look at stuff if I want to. Mining for resources is fine i'll easily lose hours at a time doing that, but space exploration is kind of my jam and I hope it's not too limited right off the bat.

They have actually said as of this event stuff yesterday that they are considering adding new features to the game after launch, and they'd all be patched in for free

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Man this upgradeable console xbox stuff is so weird to me.

At the point where that happens, I mean, why wouldn't I just stick solely to my PC? The best things about consoles are that they are (relatively) hassle free. But as long as there is going to be hassle I might as well get the most power/freedom, and that's on PC.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    This Beastcast episode is fantastic (though when isn't it)... Especially the Microsoft improv bit ("at least I didn't come up with kinect").

Iceman and the hobbit Scotty Pippen and your buddy Littlefinger

• Options
    Man this upgradeable console xbox stuff is so weird to me.

At the point where that happens, I mean, why wouldn't I just stick solely to my PC? The best things about consoles are that they are (relatively) hassle free. But as long as there is going to be hassle I might as well get the most power/freedom, and that's on PC.

It would seem to me that they're chasing the Apple model over the PC model, even though they're trying to connect it to PCs

The big difference is that they have the Xbox name and it will still be much less work than assembling a PC and installing software and doing troubleshooting

If you are a person who plays games on PC ever, this initiative is not for you

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I agree, it would have been nice for aesthetics, but I would imagine it was a practical decision. They probably didn't want the environmental generator to waste time and engine power creating content that won't significantly benefit the game.

Well what benefits a game is very subjective. My favorite thing to do in Elite Dangerous is fly around space, find weird planets and space anomalies and scope them out. I don't even have the expansion that lets me land on planets. So for me knowing there is a lower amount of diversity in the astronomical bodies you will encounter is a bummer. For other people this is going to be a total non-factor though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Some of the most interesting ideas about speculating alien biomes come from gas giants, its too bad they didn't explore tbat

Like this is one of my favorite bits from the original Cosmos

https://youtu.be/uakLB7Eni2E

• Options

Well what benefits a game is very subjective. My favorite thing to do in Elite Dangerous is fly around space, find weird planets and space anomalies and scope them out. I don't even have the expansion that lets me land on planets. So for me knowing there is a lower amount of diversity in the astronomical bodies you will encounter is a bummer. For other people this is going to be a total non-factor though.

It's not really though. Because they're the ones making the game, and they have pretty clear intentions about what the game is going to be doing. Like what you want is cool but it's very much not what they want the game to be.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.