As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Pretty sure the trailers for AC games always have some really dumb music choices in them, so really they're just being faithful to the material. My only real hope for the movie is that they play it straight for the most part, and then have bonkers out of nowhere cliffhanger ending like AC2.

GET OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Ixo7QXw_E

Broken clocks.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm expecting mash up trailers soon, now that Doom is also a thing again.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Another movie that should just be animated. The difference between the girl and the bfg is glaring.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Do those giants have avian bones or something? They can ride on cars without crushing them and their animation has practically no weight to them.

• Options
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm so not, it looks bad and honestly the 24 stuff looks like crappy window dressing for a generic show.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    is that set in the West Wing universe?

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Some Steven Seagal face going on in that thumbnail.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm so not, it looks bad and honestly the 24 stuff looks like crappy window dressing for a generic show.

24 was Chloe and Jack, with the rest being tangentially terrorism related Clancyesque bullshit. If they're going to go with a new cast, I have to say I rather like the new guy.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    is that set in the West Wing universe?

My exact thoughts were "I don't remember that happening in The West Wing".

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Pre order packages for the Assassins Creed film.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Is there going to be a mountain lion?

The last season of 24 I watched was I think 3, so I assume there will be.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

2 was the one with a cougar. Well the animal...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I don't know how I feel about BFG, I love Dahl's works and the actual look of the giant is swick, but the trailer is forcing this unnecessary epic feeling to it that comes across like the movie is going to be different than the book just because it's a Spielberg Spectacle. Then I hear in Cannes everyone was Lady Gaga over it because it had an ET timelessness to it.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Six wrote: »

2 was the one with a cougar. Well the animal...

Ok, Kiefer.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    E.T. was timeless because the feeling of intense boredom has existed since humans first began to walk upright.

Masturbation was invented immediately afterward and there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Not really a trailer but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aH63pLgFWo

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    That's gots to be trolling from Paramount.

Don't like teasers to teaser trailers? Production begins trailers, bitches!

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    That trailer is awful. It felt like I was watching a parody trailer.
    Also Bin-Khalid was mentioned a total 6 fucking times!

I don't give a fuck how big a deal that guy is supposed to be, you don't mention him that many times in a 2 and a half minute trailer, let alone 4 times with the first minute.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    24:Legacy trailer be like, "I'm the only person I can trust!" Cue list of people I trust implicitly in this life and death situation.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktnpEiEoiI

still weak and just bad improv, but as a trailer it's much better than the first one.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktnpEiEoiI

still weak and just bad improv, but as a trailer it's much better than the first one.

I did laugh at the selfie stick gag at the end.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Looks good to me. I'm on board.

No I don't.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So, the ghost dragon...

Did an actual dragon die there? What's up with that?

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    So, the ghost dragon...

Did an actual dragon die there? What's up with that?

At least in the cartoon ghosts were basically demons? Sometimes?

It was never super consistent or sensible about what the hell was going on.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I'm on board for some Ghostbusting.

What's funny is I saw this on Reddit this morning and clicked it. It only had 18K views so I thought it was some fake trailer or something.

Nope, just the internet coming together to be collective assholes and giving it literally 10x the unlikes to likes and making sure the view count stays low.

Jesus fucking Christ internet, why?

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

What's funny is I saw this on Reddit this morning and clicked it. It only had 18K views so I thought it was some fake trailer or something.

Nope, just the internet coming together to be collective assholes and giving it literally 10x the unlikes to likes and making sure the view count stays low.

I feel like sometime over the last few years we've hit critical masshole with the internet.

I really want the new Ghostbusters movie to be good. I've not been enamored with the trailers I've seen so far, but I think most of the ire directed at the movie has little to do with the trailer quality.

SteevL on
  • Options
    That trailer is definitely better but it still doesn't quite grab me.

And why does it seem like Hemsworth is the best part of this movie?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Because he thor is attractive.

I'll show myself out.

• Options

I'll show myself out.

It's entirely possible that I am just that shallow.

But no, I meant that it seemed like he has all the funny bits while everyone else's jokes were either wretched (crowd surfing scene) or relied ultimately on Hemsworth. It's just a trailer so there's no way to tell what the end product is going to be like. But that's what's there in the trailer.

• Options

I'll show myself out.

It's entirely possible that I am just that shallow.

But no, I meant that it seemed like he has all the funny bits while everyone else's jokes were either wretched (crowd surfing scene) or relied ultimately on Hemsworth. It's just a trailer so there's no way to tell what the end product is going to be like. But that's what's there in the trailer.

My only beef with the new trailer, at all, is that a) they used the crowdsurfing scene again which wasn't that good to begin with and b) they basically gave away a huge piece of the plot, which all trailers do now, but I still don't like it.

• Options

It's childish, but when people don't like what they saw in the first trailer, and then people respond saying "it's because you're misogynist/buzzword of the day" and the director comes out and gets all pissy about the internet too, and they even got Akroyd to say it's going to be a great movie (Bill Murray, the dude he is, just said "no comment"), no matter what happened in the second trailer it was going to get dislikes out of spite.

It's still not looking good, the only part I liked was the cold open to the trailer with Michael McDonald because it's a solid misdirect, and once Hemsworth is possessed the trailer takes a real nosedive (plus WTF battle damaged Stay Puft?).

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Agreed, I've never much cared for Hemsworth, but that one trailer that just had all his clips stitched into a single trailer got me more on board than any of the other trailers.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Oh and yeah, that trailer gave away too much of the plot. If I were excited for the film and watched that I'd be annoyed.

• Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular

It's childish, but when people don't like what they saw in the first trailer, and then people respond saying "it's because you're misogynist/buzzword of the day" and the director comes out and gets all pissy about the internet too, and they even got Akroyd to say it's going to be a great movie (Bill Murray, the dude he is, just said "no comment"), no matter what happened in the second trailer it was going to get dislikes out of spite.

It's still not looking good, the only part I liked was the cold open to the trailer with Michael McDonald because it's a solid misdirect, and once Hemsworth is possessed the trailer takes a real nosedive (plus WTF battle damaged Stay Puft?).

Its not Stay Puff (Puft?) its literally the ghost in the Ghostbusters Logo. Trailer is now up to the level of generic movie trailer which is an improvement but now just looks bland as hell.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Yeah. I still think it looks bad, and I will not be seeing it in theaters.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I did chuckle at the opening joke, but the rest just made me cringe.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pS39X658Vw

WTF

Not even an updated theme song, just bwaaaaaaam and bwaaaaaaam and bwaaaaaaaam

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pS39X658Vw

WTF

Not even an updated theme song, just bwaaaaaaam and bwaaaaaaam and bwaaaaaaaam

Am I allowed to say I dislike the appearance of this remake?