As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Chapter 2

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Saw a trailer for the next Star Wars movie before Civil War, *sploosh*

Was it a new one? Or the "I rebel" one?

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Saw a trailer for the next Star Wars movie before Civil War, *sploosh*

Was it a new one? Or the "I rebel" one?

I rebel

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y&spfreload=10

That certainly looks like an Assasin Creed movie.

I expected most of this from an Assassin's Creed adaptation, but I was not expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

• Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    AC actually looks pretty good. But it won't truly be an AC movie until Fassbender randomly jumps in the wrong direction, falls 40 feet to his death, gets Desync'd and has to restart the climbing puzzle for the 8th time.

Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfJVoF5ko1Y&spfreload=10

That certainly looks like an Assasin Creed movie.

I expected most of this from an Assassin's Creed adaptation, but I was not expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    AC trailer was pretty mediocre, along with boner killing music selection. Animus looked hilariously worse than the in game one. Setting is novel though. For some reason I had thought he was going to play Ezio. Hopefully the whole movie builds up with training sequences and jobs that teach him to be elusive and strike from the shadows, then at the end he has to head on fight 40 soldiers in broad daylight.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    AC trailer was pretty mediocre, along with boner killing music selection. Animus looked hilariously worse than the in game one. Setting is novel though. For some reason I had thought he was going to play Ezio. Hopefully the whole movie builds up with training sequences and jobs that teach him to be elusive and strike from the shadows, then at the end he has to head on fight 40 soldiers in broad daylight.

I think the Animus redesign is to better explain the "bleed-over" effect a la Desmond. It kind of makes sense that if dude is doing the actions in the real world (even with machine assistance) he starts learning to be a for-realsies Assassin.

The music choice was super dumb though.

I dunno, it's a low bar to just compare it to video game movies but so far AC looks like it's shaping up to be both fairly faithful to the source and not super terrible. At the very least the parkour stuff should look cool.

Forget it...
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Why should I care about AC if it's just a dream? This is what stopped me playing the video games, when the reveal of the first one's ending was making the rounds.

And it's like here's your checklist of fellow assassins and fight scenes in the shadows to disguise stunt doubles, and I saw on Wikipedia Jeremy Irons is in it but I need something more than Iron Money being in the film.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    It has always been silly to have a frame story for Assassin's Creed.

And the incredibly silly even for sci-fi genetic memory concept is something I really don't need in any of my fiction.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I dig the new animus design, I like that it's basically a REALLY low tech holodeck. Like, it's all in his head, but he's got a huge room to leap around in and climb so that he's gaining the muscle memory as he works in the past.

Like, in all honesty, I like this design more than the actual animus in the game series. It makes hell of a lot more sense.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Why should I care about AC if it's just a dream? This is what stopped me playing the video games, when the reveal of the first one's ending was making the rounds.

And it's like here's your checklist of fellow assassins and fight scenes in the shadows to disguise stunt doubles, and I saw on Wikipedia Jeremy Irons is in it but I need something more than Iron Money being in the film.

...It's not a dream, though?

All the past stuff is stuff that happened in the history of that universe, and those people from the past are distinct characters from the people in the future, and everything that happened in the past has a direct influence on the things happening in the future.

The future-people are basically trying to unearth secrets of the past to help them fight the Templar-Assassin war, but instead of like... going and digging up an old book or whatever, they just throw a dude into the past to re-live what happened.

And I don't figure genetic memory is any sillier than a mutation that gives you the ability to turn into ice, or any kind of psychic power ever, or "these bus-sized spaceships totally have gravity, shhhh"

Forget it...
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular

It's a replayed memory.

Not a dream.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    It's ridiculous the number of movie trailers that have "woman in bra or bikini" as their thumbnail.

"Blake Lively being eaten by shark" summarised by "Blake Lively looking hot in bikini" got a genuine lol out of me

To be fair, I think it's impossible for Blake Lively not to look amazingly hot in a bikini.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »
    It's ridiculous the number of movie trailers that have "woman in bra or bikini" as their thumbnail.

"Blake Lively being eaten by shark" summarised by "Blake Lively looking hot in bikini" got a genuine lol out of me

To be fair, I think it's impossible for Blake Lively not to look amazingly hot.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Ouch, Davidspineapples, one for four on that trailer drop.

-Into the Forest looks like artsy farty came up behind end of the world and stabbed it in the back, only we won't see it onscreen because that would take away from people walking around going bwuh?

-Billy Lynn's Halftime, oscar bait, got tired of the camera staring at new kid's face about thirty seconds into it, feels like it will be hamfisted messaging to the max (or should I say Hulkfisted lol Ang Lee burn #nailedit)

-Hell or High Water, looks good, feels like it takes place in the world of Sicario.

-The Phenom, don't care, just don't care. Sorry 'Matti Ice, you're a baller and all but not this time.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Note: I don't post only trailers I like. I'm here to inform the masses.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the trailers for AC games always have some really dumb music choices in them, so really they're just being faithful to the material. My only real hope for the movie is that they play it straight for the most part, and then have bonkers out of nowhere cliffhanger ending like AC2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Note: I don't post only trailers I like. I'm here to inform the masses.

I enjoy trailers for terrible movies I'll never see. I'm probably broken lol

• Options
    It is a nice thing to check out here, fo sho yo, but this was just a band hand dealt this week.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    As much as I want to like that Yoga Hosers trailer, it's really just bad. As opposed to this, which actively got me excited for the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpMpR37LTyQ

He should've kept the weird stuff on the DL and marketed it as 'Clerks go Canadian'.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/DBfsgcswlYQ

Bat's origin story, obviously.

• Options
    Hey, you're 2/5 today!

That does look really good, I hope they don't tease him Falling Down just to not do it, let him get some green by putting some red in the cartel ledgers.

But looking up the director's filmography, he's done Miracle (good movie), Warrior (decent, Netflix type movie) and.....Jane Got a Gun.

• Options
    Yeah, it looks interesting. Affleck's character doesn't say a word in the trailer. Intriguing!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hey, you're 2/5 today!

That does look really good, I hope they don't tease him Falling Down just to not do it, let him get some green by putting some red in the cartel ledgers.

But looking up the director's filmography, he's done Miracle (good movie), Warrior (decent, Netflix type movie) and.....Jane Got a Gun.

I don't think its so much as falling down as someone who does one thing during the day and something entirely different at night.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    As much as I want to like that Yoga Hosers trailer, it's really just bad. As opposed to this, which actively got me excited for the film.

He should've kept the weird stuff on the DL and marketed it as 'Clerks go Canadian'.

See, the weirdest thing about that whole clip to me is that I've never heard anyone use "Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior" up here. It's so american.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

See, the weirdest thing about that whole clip to me is that I've never heard anyone use "Freshman/Sophmore/Junior/Senior" up here. It's so american.

For the longest time highschool was only 3 years, so we adopted freshman and senior but didn't really bother with sophomore and junior since both titles applied to the same class. I'm sure thats changed now that high school is 4 years combined with further American cultural assimilation

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

For the longest time highschool was only 3 years, so we adopted freshman and senior but didn't really bother with sophomore and junior since both titles applied to the same class. I'm sure thats changed now that high school is 4 years combined with further American cultural assimilation

The most we had was Junior and Senior occasionally used for stuff, but Junior meant 9/10 and Senior meant 11/12/13 (when that was around).

You'd say "Grade 10", not "Sophmore"

• Options
    .Jane Got a Gun.

I choose to believe this movie is a sequel to an Aerosmith song

• Options
    Veagle wrote: »
    Pretty sure the trailers for AC games always have some really dumb music choices in them, so really they're just being faithful to the material. My only real hope for the movie is that they play it straight for the most part, and then have bonkers out of nowhere cliffhanger ending like AC2.

I hope they find a way to include a fistfight with the Pope because that was the best part of any AC game.

Forget it...
  • Options
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    How are they failing at putting the Voltron theme in their trailers?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Don't breath looks neat.

• Options
    Neon Demon seems like it's less Drive and more Only God Forgives, but hey, Keanu, that's something to pull me in if reviews aren't super puffery.

Don't Breathe can only succeed if Stick there kills those stupid kids.

Light Between Oceans is quiet oscar bait like Room or Brooklyn.

Indignation looks like it's going to tease the story too long for a rather weak reveal, because that trailer was a minute too long itself.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    The Neon Demon is certainly flashy. Love the music, too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

GET OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Ixo7QXw_E

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Neon Demon seems like it's less Drive and more Only God Forgives, but hey, Keanu, that's something to pull me in if reviews aren't super puffery.

Indignation looks like it's going to tease the story too long for a rather weak reveal, because that trailer was a minute too long itself.

The only interesting part of "Don't Breathe" is what the heck is going on in that basement. Its heavily foreshadowed earlier in the trailer too when McJerkface says that just because their mark is Blind doesn't mean he's a good guy.
    Most of the trailer had me going nuts with how otherwise unrealistic it is, that this hyper trained blind man cannot smell the laundry detergent/cigarette smoke / deodorant / body soap / cologne / etc etc of these failbait criminals that are only a foot away from him in his own house.

Indignation looks like a weird cross between Beautiful Mind and Good Will Hunting and Mystic River

steam_sig.png
  • Options

My brain still skips a beat when I see Room and Oscar together in sentences because I keep forgetting there was a new movie called Room, and I keep thinking they mean The Room.

• Options