As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Daylight Satans Time

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I don't care which schedule we are on, but we should pick one and never swap.
    BURN IT ALL DOWN I HATE THIS NONSENSE

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Tricks on you daylight savings, my sleep rhythm is already garbage and I get five hour nights. Your effects cannot make me any more miserable than I already am

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    We should be on Standard Time all the time. That's why it's called Standard Time.
    daylight savings time always coincides with me having to work overnight and it can burn in hell

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Switching between the two is fine. Don't change a thing!
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Wait did it already happen

Am i living in the fall back or the spring forward

I uh...

I got some bad news, buddy.

You're living in the Upside Down.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Larlar
    fuck

And whats with all this fluff in the air???

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    Woke up at 8:30 with a giant migraine.
    It was scheduled to rain this morning, but it was delayed to this afternoon.
    Helped pack some mattresses into a pickup truck and transported them to my parent's new home out in the country. They've been gradually moving stuff over the month.
    No Shocks on the old truck, and it was a hilly country road. Rain Sensitivity is a bastard too.
    We got it done before the rain hit, but I nearly puked my guts out multiple times.
    Happy I could help out a wee bit though.
    Now I'm just chilling in a dark quiet room with Excedrin,
    drinking a bunch of water, trying to get through it.
    Hope y'all have a better Daylight Savings switch than me!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    This dumb. Instead of 8-9 hours, it became 11 hours of sleeping, Spring forward is some bullshit I tell you what

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Matev wrote: »
    This dumb. Instead of 8-9 hours, it became 11 hours of sleeping, Spring forward is some bullshit I tell you what

I'm not seeing a downside with that particular example.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    We should be on Standard Time all the time. That's why it's called Standard Time.
    this is dumb

today is dumb

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    have you ever thought about what they do with all the extra hours they skip over

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Luckily, I live on sovereign citizen time. It's 7pm central saturday.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the gold-fringed clocks have no legal authority over me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Boston really should be in the Atlantic time zone.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I like waking up to darkness and having the sun shine until late in the evening. Get on DST and stick with it!
    Daylight savings time is

good.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    For some reason, my alarm that was set for this morning for 6:30 reset itself to 7:30. I didn't need to get up early, but wasn't able to reset myself

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Switching between the two is fine. Don't change a thing!
    ah fuck signing up for Satans is coming earlier and earlier every year!

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The day after DST starts has the most car accidents of any day of the year because everyone is time-lagged and tired and driving tired is super bad. Happy car accident day, everyone!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i propose that instead of losing or gaining a single hour over one night, we instead change by half an hour each day over two days

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I like waking up to darkness and having the sun shine until late in the evening. Get on DST and stick with it!
    That might make things worse. IIRC studies have shown that while the change is dangerous, with more accidents etc on the day of the change, the rest of the time more than compensates with less accidents, more productivity etc over the whole of daylight savings time. Basically Daylight Savings works overall, but people's brains need to adjust and it's in the adjusting that there's the most issues. If the change over was extended another day, that might mean two days with people's brains trying to catchup, instead of just one. Which would make the change worse.

Or, who knows, maybe it'd ease them into it?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    20 minutes over 3 days

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    One minute over two months!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    No for real, abolish this and let’s just keep the late sunlight, it’s the best thing

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Every single day at midnight the time shifts forward or backwards a few seconds. As the days get longer the time shifts back gradually, as the days grow shorter the time drifts forwards.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Every single day at midnight the time shifts forward or backwards a few seconds. As the days get longer the time shifts back gradually, as the days grow shorter the time drifts forwards.

Eat at Arby's.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Let's just peg sundown to 9pm and watch the clock-manager's brains explode.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Larlar
    my plants will certainly enjoy the extra hour of sunlight

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Some of us like it when it’s dark out

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Fuck switching.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Blot out the sun.

#TeamBurns

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Most people either oppose changing DST or don't care about it at all, which makes me deeply depressed about the human condition. It sucks! WAKE UP SHEEPLE

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Lets all just switch to using hundredths instead of minutes.

Really light this mother fucker up. 10:30 PM is now 22.50! 8:53 AM is now 08.88!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ugh I know what time it really fuckin’ is

My body knows too

What the fuck, DST

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I don't really care which system we're on but let's pick one and stick with it. And I will repeat this every time I see this thread!

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I feel like death. I wish I could go back to bed.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I somehow woke up ahead of my alarm today, and feel pretty great?

I have no idea why, but I'm going to enjoy this freak occurrence while I can.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Drove to work in the dark today and also slept like shit and my neck hurts.

I am blaming dst for all of this.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

Yes this is probably the worst part of this whole thing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Yes this is probably the worst part of this whole thing.

Yup. And I had JUST gotten my circadian rhythm back on track too.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I forget if I have a response to this poll

Edit oh I apparently do not

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Woke up this morning and thought "jesus why do I feel so bleary, I got a solid 7 hours of sleep and woke up at the usual time."

Oh right my body think it's an hour earlier than usual and hasn't adjusted yet, thanks Congress.