As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Old thread, go to new thread!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Tracer doesn't even have a butt worth looking at in the first place. I support this change.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Tracer doesn't even have a butt worth looking at in the first place. I support this change.

I think your intent was good, but for some reason this is making me cringe a whole bunch.

ANYWAYS, what's the daily brawl today? So far I haven't been super impressed to be honest, so I'm hoping they start making it crazier occasionally.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Tracer is (aside from some of her more overtly 'Ello Gov'na!' voice lines) one of my favourite characters. I'm glad she won't just be reduced down to her skin hugging tights and butt, and can go back to being an annoying as hell flanking hero spraying lasers in my face.

488W936.png
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

I think your intent was good, but for some reason this is making me cringe a whole bunch.

ANYWAYS, what's the daily brawl today? So far I haven't been super impressed to be honest, so I'm hoping they start making it crazier occasionally.

fuckin' christ.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Tracer is (aside from some of her more overtly 'Ello Gov'na!' voice lines) one of my favourite characters. I'm glad she won't just be reduced down to her skin hugging tights and butt, and can go back to being an annoying as hell flanking hero spraying lasers in my face.

Words cannot express how irritating a good tracer is, it is a feeling only eclipsed by how poorly I play her.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Words cannot express how irritating a good tracer is, it is a feeling only eclipsed by how poorly I play her.

I used to be decent with her last year before they brought the beta down. Now I only play heroes where you don't have to aim :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Also pat on the back PA, we manage to be one of the few tolerable places to discuss a thing about games on the internet.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'm slowly getting better with Tracer but the real skill ceiling for her is less in the aiming and more in remembering 3 things: The layout of every map, the places you just were when you want to rewind, and the short toss distance of Pulse Bomb.

If you don't remember where health packs and hiding places/escape routes are, you're going to die a lot more often. If you don't plan an escape path to rewind into in every instance where you engage enemies up close, or keep tabs on enemies moving into the path you just took, you'll be in a more precarious position. And Pulse Bomb can be devastating in the right place and time, such as capture points on Nepal, but you got to get really close to your targets to make an impression/get some kills.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    The Overwatch subreddit is especially cringe worthy today. If only people spent half the time and effort being outraged about things that actually matter.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    The Overwatch subreddit is especially cringe worthy today. If only people spent half the time and effort being outraged about things that actually matter.

MMO-Champ has basically gone full dumpster fire over this.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

trump will bring back our ass

make overwatch great again

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

trump will bring back our ass

make overwatch great again

Only playable character will be Torbjörn. He builds things. Great things. Very high energy.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Stupid as they are, the one requesting D.Va's ult be changed because they're afraid the suicide bombing nature of it might influence their child to join a terror organization made me laugh.

• Options

MMO Champion going full dumpster fire over a thing Blizzard did that they didn't like? Must be a day ending in Y.

488W936.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    It doesn't even make sense to be outraged. The pose was nothing special. If someone really wants to look at her ass, they can do an emote and rotate the camera.

• Options
    Aaaaand TotalBiscuit decides to throw his opinion into the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydii76-1l5w

• Options

MMO Champion going full dumpster fire over a thing Blizzard did that they didn't like? Must be a day ending in Y.

MMO-C is the Centralia mine fire of forums and every so often there's a cave in.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular

I didn't realize there was ever a time MMO Champion wasn't a dumpster fire. :P

• Options
    I've never realized MMO-champ actually has a forum. I mean the site's front end is "forum-esque" in appearance. but I just thought it was just a badly designed info dump for most things WoW

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Aaaaand TotalBiscuit decides to throw his opinion into the ring.

These people should not do satire and/or sarcasm.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    kime wrote: »

fuckin' christ.

are you really surprised that the people trying to prevent a woman from being treated like a piece of meat aren't going to appreciate the statement "yeah sure get rid of that pinup of her, she's ugly anyway"

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TB reminding me why I haven't given a shit about his opinion on things since 2011, in part because his knowledge of people unfollowing him on Twitter or whatever over stuff like that video is the kind of self assuring confirmation bias that he lives for.

Way to miss the point Mr. Bain.

488W936.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    It doesn't even make sense to be outraged. The pose was nothing special. If someone really wants to look at her ass, they can do an emote and rotate the camera.

It is very important to me that this butt, which I did not know existed until a few hours ago, is not taken away from me, and I will throw a fit complaining about overly sensitive people so that I can continue enjoying pointless sexualization

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This entire line of discussion is creeping me the fuck out.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    This entire line of discussion is creeping me the fuck out.

First they came for the butts and I did not speak out, for I was too creeped out.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

As someone who modded the MMO-Champ forums for a couple years, they never stop being full dumpster fire.

edit: I'm not going to watch that TB video because I won't give him views but I'm assuming he says something stupid about this, because any time sex and gender comes up he tends to go full pants on head.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    TB reminding me why I haven't given a shit about his opinion on things since 2011, in part because his knowledge of people unfollowing him on Twitter or whatever over stuff like that video is the kind of self assuring confirmation bias that he lives for.

Much as TB himself would no doubt disagree, he's not really watched for his opinions because the people that watch him are largely his PC Master Race echo chamber anyway and already share his opinions. The reason he's watched is because he's just a complete dick to everyone. And people love that because it's always funny when it's happening to someone else.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

As someone who modded the MMO-Champ forums for a couple years, they never stop being full dumpster fire.

Is there like some kind of fund or charity in your name I can donate to?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

Much as TB himself would no doubt disagree, he's not really watched for his opinions because the people that watch him are largely his PC Master Race echo chamber anyway and already share his opinions. The reason he's watched is because he's just a complete dick to everyone. And people love that because it's always funny when it's happening to someone else.

I dunno, I used to enjoy him for his news updates on the games industry and it's various happenings and the insights he had when doing WTF Is videos reviewing games. He still does those things, but has gotten progressively obnoxious over time to the point where I can no longer ignore his Gamergator tendencies.

488W936.png
  • Options

edit: I'm not going to watch that TB video because I won't give him views but I'm assuming he says something stupid about this, because any time sex and gender comes up he tends to go full pants on head.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT

I FUCKING MODERATED AN EROTIC ROLEPLAY FORUM AND I WOULDN'T MOD MMO-C IF YOU PAID ME

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    That video is one of the most insipid, awe-inspiringly stupid things I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Holy God damn shit is that guy a professional point-misser.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    That video is one of the most insipid, awe-inspiringly stupid this I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Holy God damn shit is that guy a professional point-misser.

TB is the xenomorph queen of shitposting.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    tb was literally banned from these forums after making an account to trash talk people shitting on his WotLK coverage in the wow thread

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT

I FUCKING MODERATED AN EROTIC ROLEPLAY FORUM AND I WOULDN'T MOD MMO-C IF YOU PAID ME

I modded for the EGM forums and I wouldn't touch MMOC with somebody else's 10 foot pole.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Fun story, they made up an entirely new infraction system because of me. The old one was basically "slap on the wrist" or "temp ban" and it was really restrictive on what you could technically temp ban but I said fuck it and did it anyway on a couple really, really nasty posts. :D

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Fun story, they made up an entirely new infraction system because of me. The old one was basically "slap on the wrist" or "temp ban" and it was really restrictive on what you could technically temp ban but I said fuck it and did it anyway on a couple really, really nasty posts. :D

MMO-C is a perfect experiment on what happens when you don't moderate against shitposting at all.

Turns out you get a lot of shitposting.

Also Lyeric is already putting out "sexy tracer butt" fan art, because gamers are the worst.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    The only thing I will say on this subject is that if this is how Blizzard is going to act, then they shouldn't have put it into the game in the first place, or a sexy black widow type either, or a zerg lady that fights in hooker heels, or a different sniper lady that turns invisible in a skintight cloaking suit. Bikini clad elf ladies all over an MMO as well.

After all these years, there's a certain.....how to put it. It seems "fake" of them to cave in when the slightest of breezes blows their way, when they have been consistently doing it for at least a decade now. They could have just said it stays, tough shit if you don't like it, and that would have been the end of it.

It's like the Tychus Cigar thing, and LoL wussing out as well. Everyone going nuts about smoking being bad, and at the same time saying smoking marijuana is great, wherein no one seems to understand that putting -any- smoke in your lungs is going to kill you. Somehow it's not bad because it's addictive and damaging in a totally different way, so it's ok, right? Right? McCree has a cigar, let's see how long it last before someone goes "Think of the children!" to which they should respond "So.....it should be a blunt instead of a cigar?" and the community will scream "Yes!".

At some point this sort of thing goes too far, and there's a line somewhere, but who decides where that line is?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    tb was literally banned from these forums after making an account to trash talk people shitting on his WotLK coverage in the wow thread

omg I just laughed so loud

• Options
    Is Widowmaker having several outfits of actual lingerie not enough for their 3d pixel lady boners or something

There is so much Tracer porn out there guys, you can still jack it to her, it's really okay.

• Options
    übergeek wrote: »
    The only thing I will say on this subject is that if this is how Blizzard is going to act, then they shouldn't have put it into the game in the first place, or a sexy black widow type either, or a zerg lady that fights in hooker heels, or a different sniper lady that turns invisible in a skintight cloaking suit. Bikini clad elf ladies all over an MMO as well.

After all these years, there's a certain.....how to put it. It seems "fake" of them to cave in when the slightest of breezes blows their way, when they have been consistently doing it for at least a decade now. They could have just said it stays, tough shit if you don't like it, and that would have been the end of it.

It's like the Tychus Cigar thing, and LoL wussing out as well. Everyone going nuts about smoking being bad, and at the same time saying smoking marijuana is great, wherein no one seems to understand that putting -any- smoke in your lungs is going to kill you. Somehow it's not bad because it's addictive and damaging in a totally different way, so it's ok, right? Right? McCree has a cigar, let's see how long it last before someone goes "Think of the children!" to which they should respond "So.....it should be a blunt instead of a cigar?" and the community will scream "Yes!".

At some point this sort of thing goes too far, and there's a line somewhere, but who decides where that line is?

As similar as they seem, I really think these are two different things (smoking vs sexualization, I mean). I don't think you can get too deep into a conversation where you are trying to equate them.

That said, I have no problems with Blizzard "blowing in the breeze" if it causes them to consistently make more inclusive and mature decisions. One could also, perhaps, call that "growing up".

Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.