nba high fashion [chat]

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Hobby Lobby decision was actually about the corporation itself using birth control.

So like, it can't form subsidiaries or something?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    New X-files has ups and downs. Sadly the end is very down. But there are multiple ups before then!

Also the end of the first episode with Mulder and Jeff Winger steamrolling through all the lore via tangentially related conspiracy buzzwords was like a parody of the show, played straight.

Oh brilliant
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nick Denton responds to Hogan Verdict

i'm posting this before reading it so

http://gawker.com/the-hogan-verdict-1766460791

tl;dr is, free speech, we did nothing wrong, Hogan's trying to protect his image, we're going to appeal.

nibXTE7.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

tl;dr: hulk hogan is racist.

Happiness is within reach!
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

It's going to be appealed, obviously. How friendly are higher courts to Gawker's claims?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    like 5 of my 7 leg acca is going good

c'mon football, don't let me down!

What are the odds like

fiver returns €275

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Hobby Lobby decision was actually about the corporation itself using birth control.

So like, it can't form subsidiaries or something?

If you have sex with a company and it spins off part of its business to a separate entity, you're required by law to remain on the spinoff's board of directors until it's at least 18 years old.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

tl;dr: hulk hogan is racist.

Also : "We totes didn't do anything wrong, we're being screwed!"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    How do you have sex with a company?

companies fuck people all the time

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    [.
    Eddy wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I just received the following email alert from Law360
    3 Situations Where Sex With A Client Might Be OK

New York's misconduct laws are surprisingly libertine regarding this whole thang

1) informed consent
    2) informed consent
    3) informed consent!

SummaryJudgment on
    I was compromised by enemy action.
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

If you are representing a company and not a single human individual, you can have sex with a single/married/it's complicated human individual who works for that company, despite the fact that corporations are people, and might have some loophole you can stick a penis in

I know that's what it says, but I can't help but think that if you're providing legal counsel to a company and you're having sex with that company's direct representative (or person ostensibly in major charge of company operations) there's more than a few ethical violations occurring.
    With some care, lawyers can pursue sexual relationships with employees of a client company, including in-house lawyers or other counsel working for the same client — provided they’re not supervising or directly consulting with the lawyer.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

these grapes, so sour

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Sparvy wrote: »
    "Cuck" has got barely any connection to the actual cuckolding, even as a metaphor I feel like it is one step too far removed so that trying to tie into some psychology of sex is missing the meaning.

Yeah, I think it's basically the 2016 equivalent of calling someone "beta" and used by the same crowd

It feels a little different because the nerd/streamer crowd uses 'cuck' as a vidya term now too.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Actually, Hobby Lobby was about-

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Sorry, free speech doesn't work like that brothers, Hulk Hogan isn't the US Government, you can't just scream first amendment over and over or act like it's okay to do what happened because someone is racist. I hope you lose all your appeals, tabloid trash.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

companies fuck people all the time

Is this a "the body has a way to shut down legitimate corporate takeover" deal?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Perfect 5/7 bet

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular

If you are representing a company and not a single human individual, you can have sex with a single/married/it's complicated human individual who works for that company, despite the fact that corporations are people, and might have some loophole you can stick a penis in

I know that's what it says, but I can't help but think that if you're providing legal counsel to a company and you're having sex with that company's direct representative (or person ostensibly in major charge of company operations) there's more than a few ethical violations occurring.
    With some care, lawyers can pursue sexual relationships with employees of a client company, including in-house lawyers or other counsel working for the same client — provided they’re not supervising or directly consulting with the lawyer.

Suits is a documentary

Is what I'm hearing

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    Dwars door Vlaanderen is apparently still going ahead tomorrow
    The protocol ceremonies will of course be more sober than planned and there will be a minute of silence before the start, because Belgium is in a state of mourning. Security forces in Roeselare and Waregem have said that the safety of the peloton and the fans will be assured, and the local governor is in negotiations with the ministry of Internal Affairs. If the government in Brussels decides that we should cancel the race, we accept that decision. But otherwise Dwars door Vlaanderen will go on as scheduled.

Going to be weird

I demand Law360 publish a follow-up article headlined "3 Situations Where Sex With A Client Might Be AWESOME"

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

It's going to be appealed, obviously. How friendly are higher courts to Gawker's claims?

i thought the higher courts already made some judgements favorable to Gawker?

which is why Hogan went to trial court because instead of getting actual law based reasoning you can depend on emotional response...

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    3 Situations Where Sex With a Client Was A Mistake

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

lol good luck with that

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So apparently, Fallout 4: Automatron is actually not terrible.

Bless your heart.
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    halp i forgot to lunch

dfzn9elrnajf.png
    japan wrote: »

What are the odds like

fiver returns €275

Nice

What are your last two games?

lol good luck with that

Apparently California is very lenient. Time to move!
    The rules in California — the only state whose conduct rules do not follow the ABA Model Rule format — direct lawyers not to employ coercion or require sex as a term of representation, but they fall short of the near-total ABA Model Rule ban.

Richard Hendlin, a former California deputy attorney general and San Diego county bar legal ethics committee member, said the state disciplinary bodies would find leeway for otherwise noncoercive relationships with a client employee who wasn’t in a direct legal supervisory role.

The California rule "at least gives lawyers a fighting chance to argue something like: 'Life is complex. These things require close analysis, and this didn't necessarily' hurt the client or the lawyer's work," he said.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    To be fair, or at least honest, my open mind to that gawker piece went out the door when he said "YEAH BUT HULK IS RACIST"

OK and chicken has protein what's that got to do with twinkies?

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    halp i forgot to lunch

it will make dinner taste better

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    So apparently, Fallout 4: Automatron is actually not terrible.

It's more of the same type of quest writing, the robot customization is pretty cool

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    I am a company

have sex with me

halp i forgot to lunch

And for you impudence you shall have no supper, too

Three situations where sex with a client (video)

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Frustratingly, gay marriage permissiveness will make it even easier for corporate dicks like Time Warner and Comcast to merge.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    My anxiety is off the charts. I paced and tried to sleep from before 1am to after 6am last night then just said fuck it and cancelled my whole day at work. I was already exhausted.

Gotta get this under control...

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    halp i forgot to lunch

And for you impudence you shall have no supper, too

No more dumpster diving.

Bless your heart.
    Ludious wrote: »
    To be fair, or at least honest, my open mind to that gawker piece went out the door when he said "YEAH BUT HULK IS RACIST"

OK and chicken has protein what's that got to do with twinkies?

Their claim is that Hogan wanted to have the tape suppressed because there are other tapes where he's super racist that he didn't want also getting out. They're trying to dispute his claim that the sex tape damaged him, by saying he only wanted to prevent the actually damaging tapes from coming out.

nibXTE7.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

If I'm doing this right Piers should have a mild nosebleed.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Frustratingly, gay marriage permissiveness will make it even easier for corporate dicks like Time Warner and Comcast to dock.

I dunno if docking is still a thing in chat but

This discussion has been closed.