Options

[chat]less whisper and shared universes

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i'm doing a magic playthrough of dark souls 2 but i don't really like it

magic is dumb in it

but it is awesome in salt and sanctuary. much faster and more fun.

how does it work? I'm doing a strength build with no magic at all, though i'm contemplating saving up grey pearls for respeccing a bit into prayers

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Salt and sanctuary sounds like a survival horror from the amnesia guys about a snail traversing a strange dimension of salt and death

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Pop: He's one of the most selfish players I've ever been around. [Laughter] Shot it every time he touched it. It's incredible. I think he should apologize to his team tomorrow for being so greedy. He just wanted to get his name in the paper.
    Reporter: Or the radio.
    Pop: He listens to a lot of people on the radio, but not you. [Laughter] I listen to you all the time though.
    Reporter: I appreciate that Pop, thanks.
    Pop: I'm lying.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/03/24/1458794150640-coach-pop.mp4-387654

fukin ded

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i haven't done:

dual wielding
    archery focused build
    some sort of halbred/spear

i have done:
    dex/shield
    strength 2h-ers
    magic
    strength/faith

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    AAAAGGGGGHHHHH there is a baby jail on craigslist that i rully rully want....
    and it's available... and half the price of retail.... but its in fucking jersey....

life is unfair

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i'm doing a magic playthrough of dark souls 2 but i don't really like it

magic is dumb in it

but it is awesome in salt and sanctuary. much faster and more fun.

how does it work? I'm doing a strength build with no magic at all, though i'm contemplating saving up grey pearls for respeccing a bit into prayers

magic is tight. it's all fire or lightning

each time you cast one, it moves the balance over and if you go too far you redline and take a lot of damage

i have a ring that ups that imbalance but gives me more damage. so if i spam my lightning bolt 3 times i'll take damage. but if i go like 2 bolts then a fireball, i'm good.

it's fast to cast but not instantaneous so you gotta plan. i've had enemies zoom at me and get in too close for my bolt because my guy extends his hand. then i shout SHIT SHIT SHIT on the stream and roll away and run for my life

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Salt and sanctuary sounds like a survival horror from the amnesia guys about a snail traversing a strange dimension of salt and death

I keep thinking by the name that it's some meta game about angry gamers seeking a safe space.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/bab/5496744598.html
    01111_4a5A9PuCcSG_600x450.jpg

so perfect. Why is this not a thing in my area!?

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    and it's available... and half the price of retail.... but its in fucking jersey....

life is unfair

what did deebaby do that has put him in the pokey. #freedeebaby2016

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I refuse to believe Salt & Sanctuary isn't a Portland ice cream shop

• Options
    salt and sanctuary is so dark souls-y that i kept shouting MY SOULS MY SOOOOOULS once and cinders corrects me in chat that it is called 'salt'

i still shout for my precious souls because it's the same thing

• Options
    edited March 2016

he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, especially wires. The kid is a loose cannon.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Pop: He's one of the most selfish players I've ever been around. [Laughter] Shot it every time he touched it. It's incredible. I think he should apologize to his team tomorrow for being so greedy. He just wanted to get his name in the paper.
    Reporter: Or the radio.
    Pop: He listens to a lot of people on the radio, but not you. [Laughter] I listen to you all the time though.
    Reporter: I appreciate that Pop, thanks.
    Pop: I'm lying.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2016/03/24/1458794150640-coach-pop.mp4-387654

fukin ded

That god damn human victory ogre

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Two things that should be opt out rather than opt in at 18:

1) Voting

2) Organ Donation

Organ donation is an interesting one. I did a research paper on it as my capstone getting my JD.

My thesis was related to first amendment issues concerning religious preferences of the decedent being overidden by next of kin who are not party to the donative gift decision. It turned into an economic analysis of available organs.

Long story short, we could literally end organ shortages tomorrow if Organ Procurement Organizations - i.e. groups of doctors managing nonprofit entities responsible for organ collecrion in each state - stopped asking next of kin for permission to effect already-made valid donative gifts.

OPOs are shielded from any liability under the 1984 National Organ Transplant Act. Next of kin are only given a veto as a courtesy.

Some really interesting literature out there about getting around NOTA bans on valuable compensation for a donative gift by tying it to a rebate in driver's license renewal fees as a legal fiction.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I really loved Dark Souls 1. It has it's flaws but it's probably one of the most inventive, forward-thinking games of the last generation.

It was already a sequel though!

I totally like the first one better too.

• Options
    I think I fuckin lost some old poems when I transferred my files to a new HD a while back

They were sentimental mush but there was a line I wanted to keep

I shall write no more, forever

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    salt and sanctuary is so dark souls-y that i kept shouting MY SOULS MY SOOOOOULS once and cinders corrects me in chat that it is called 'salt'

i still shout for my precious souls because it's the same thing

They are echoes

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

life is unfair

offer to pay for shipping?

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    fucking bumble

'hey lets make it so girls have to message first'

" Hi :) "

if i tried that shit on tinder

this misandry

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    It's pretty great Brian.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    sakura con sounds like hell on earth

It was pretty much like any other random comic book convention when I was there, though I haven't gone in years. More cosplay, and more girls than at a comic book convention, but otherwise pretty much the same.

I like PAX a lot more because omg fuck spending a whole weekend buying merch, but I'd go back to sakuracon before I went back to emerald city comic-con.

The biggest thing I dislike about these forums is how incredibly eager some posters are to differentiate the Bad Nerds from Us Good Nerds, when it's all just a bunch of kids having fun with their friends.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, especially wires. The kid is a loose cannon.

You could put two babies in that octagon and sell infant MMA tickets

• Options
    fucking bumble

this misandry

lots of dudes do though

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    before they nerfed spell counts, faith lightning was ridiculous cheese mode in DS2

not just the spells either, any lightning weapon was silly strong

of course they still are strong but in the DLC basically everything has 99.999999999999999% lightning resistance

• Options
    i haven't done:

dual wielding
    archery focused build
    some sort of halbred/spear

i have done:
    dex/shield
    strength 2h-ers
    magic
    strength/faith

hm, i have done

quality build switching between various weapons
    str build with heavy armour & shield
    fast dodging 2her
    dex dual wield
    str dual wield
    double crossbow (didn't work at all)

archery focused builds basically didn't work in DS1 or DS2, bows were too piddly and low ROF, gonna try that
    never done a magic/pyro build
    never did a polearm build
    never did a parry build

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/bab/5496744598.html
    01111_4a5A9PuCcSG_600x450.jpg

so perfect. Why is this not a thing in my area!?

I'm going to jersey tonight!

But i don't have a car anymore

rekt

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    sakura con sounds like hell on earth

It was pretty much like any other random comic book convention when I was there, though I haven't gone in years. More cosplay, and more girls than at a comic book convention, but otherwise pretty much the same.

I like PAX a lot more because omg fuck spending a whole weekend buying merch, but I'd go back to sakuracon before I went back to emerald city comic-con.

The biggest thing I dislike about these forums is how incredibly eager some posters are to differentiate the Bad Nerds from Us Good Nerds, when it's all just a bunch of kids having fun with their friends.

C'mon now. Weebs aren't people.

• Options
    sounds like we're the polearm bros this time EM

• Options
    fucking bumble

this misandry

i don't know if this is because women aren't used to making initial contact and therefore suck at it

or it's just that people suck at it in general and men aren't used to being on the receiving end of mediocre initiation

more the second probably, given what i've seen from women on tinder complaining about dumbs

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    actually scratch that the ultimate DS2 cheese was raw santier's spear

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

life is unfair

offer to pay for shipping?

Deebs srsly if shipping >$15 just drive over, it's not like it's in the deep jerz, it's JC/Hoboken

u can do it deebs i bleeve

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If someone ate pizza with a fork in front of me I would be so confused.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @Kana

like, it's not about nerd-on-nerd violence

It's about my passion for convention management and frustrations with a pigheaded venue.

the WSCC should be able to differentiate a well-run convention from an amateur-hour show, but they don't, and it will always irk me to some degree because it drags down the show I work so hard to make happen year after year.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    are you starting to realize that you've listed like 10 different ways to "cheese" so maybe it's not so much cheese as just the way the game is

• Options
    We're gonna bring back arranged marriages through a three-step matching process

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I haven't pooped since at least Saturday, maybe earlier

Whatever is ruining my insides has clogged me up

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    sounds like we're the polearm bros this time EM

i am probably doing two concurrent runs, one with bow/dex and one with light armour + ultra greatsword

but it will all depend on what kind of neat stuff they've added - i might try a hybrid str/fai build, or a shield build if bashing/shield battle arts are effective, or if a polearm matches my build and is fun to use i'll do that

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I haven't pooped since at least Saturday, maybe earlier

Whatever is ruining my insides has clogged me up

um

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ultimatley the WSCC is pushing towards driving PAX out of seattle and that's kind of depressing for me

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    there are too many fun things to do in these games

i have yet to find a single god damn dagger in salt and sanctuary though. maybe i can buy then transmute one up to badass-dom

This discussion has been closed.