As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I tried to make a new [Game Grumps] thread, but I missed.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    For one frame at the end of that animated he turns into adult Ninja Brian

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ross (and a bunch of other YouTube peeps) read mean tweets
    https://youtu.be/4t5tzDxgwQY

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Man that Markiplier one looks super old.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Man that Markiplier one looks super old.

Pretty sure they film these pretty far apart, and Mark was on the show back when Kimmel was in hot water for "gamer-shaming"

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Donnicton wrote: »

This sucks. Arin isn't wantonly murdering the exposition characters. Why play Mad Dog McCree when you don't shoot them?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    IT'S HIGH NOON 2: ELECTRIC HIGH NOONALOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQXIhO7fqOA

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    This Mad Dog McCree series is magical.

• Options
    McCreeven Speilberg presents

Back to the Noonture 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMezdjaWQE

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    They need to do more of this game. But it sounds like they are stopping. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Loving the Jet Set Radio playthrough. Every time Ross talks about his life I like him more.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Those Mcree games look like unfun bullshit. The stuff in the games looks like fun silly stuff that they could have a good time making jokes and stuff with, but that gameplay... the cheap deaths wore them down I think.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think the wiimote is shockingly unfit for lightgun games like mccree, to be fair

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It's a combination of the fact that these games were originally designed as obnoxiously unfair arcade room token takers, and the wiimote being intensely inaccurate for precision-based pointing.

Apparently it was also released on PSN, I can't even imagine it on a PS3 controller.

The PC version is early 90s FMV at early 90s resolution, so while mouse is better, they're entirely unfit for a Grumps episode. The Wii versions appear to be ported directly from the arcade so it's more like the original arcade quality.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    i think the wiimote is shockingly unfit for lightgun games like mccree, to be fair

The port just looked really poor. Despite arin clearly hitting them sometimes it seemed like they had an extremely tight window for input (like when the screen froze every time he was supposed to shoot them)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular

Naphtali wrote: »

The port just looked really poor. Despite arin clearly hitting them sometimes it seemed like they had an extremely tight window for input (like when the screen froze every time he was supposed to shoot them)

The screen freezing was probably the different scenes clicking in to place, the FMV switching over to the game part.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

The screen freezing was probably the different scenes clicking in to place, the FMV switching over to the game part.

Right, but it seems like they didn't account for that in however they ported it and if you didn't shoot prior to that switchover it counted as a miss, even if you shot during the transition. But like Danny said, they're quarter munchers.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I may be the only one, but I am really bored of this whole "she's a princess, therefore she must have a British accent" trope showing up in media all the time.

Edit: Oh she's not a princess this time, she's... oh you are fucking kidding me. At least she's actually British this time.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Im only 4 minutes into the episode, and not even to the gameplay yet, but this is the best Sanic game ever...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular

THAT GAME IS A PIECE OF SHIT

• Options
    Oh my god. That chili dog scene. What the actual fuck.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    never played black knight but secret rings was fun once you leveled up enough it looks like basically the same game?

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Why are they in armor? Why are they there?!

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    this sonic plot seems stupid in a fun way

i'm honestly impressed

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    both secret rings and black knight boil down to "throw sonic into a japan-ified version of an old story, with his friends playing the supporting cast"

SR was based around arabian nights and had tails playing ali baba, for instance

I'm curious to see if the grumps ever pick up on that

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I somehow managed to have fun with Secret Rings, but I didn't enjoy Black Knight much at all. That being said, I'm looking forward to this playthrough, because this game goes some places.

• Options
    All I need to know is if Sonic and Merlina make out. Then we will know for certain that someone at sega found a fanfic online and made a game out of it.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Didn't the concept of chili dogs being Sonic's favorite food come from the American cartoons? Because if so I'm glad Sega took the best idea from those shows to make game canon.

I hope they play Sonic Lost World at one point, although I'm sure Arin is only interested in playing the absolute worst Sonic games and would probably shit all over the half decent ones anyway.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Why does sonic have a sword? Why?

Why does this game just try to come off as some kind of Zelda or RPG then just be sonic adventure with a sword?

I DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAAYND

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Why does sonic have a sword? Why?

Why does this game just try to come off as some kind of Zelda or RPG then just be sonic adventure with a sword?

I DON'T UNDERSTAAAAAAAYND

It's not trying to be any of those things, it's Arthurian legend starring Sonic. That's it, that's the concept.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Jesus Arin is so bad at this Mad Dog McCree game.

But the death scene is hilarious so it's alright.

urahonky on
  • Options
    I don't really think most of the deaths are Arin's fault in the Mad Dog games.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I don't really think most of the deaths are Arin's fault in the Mad Dog games.

It was the beginning. Where he couldn't figure out how to shoot (c'mon, it's a lightgun game!). But after watching the two episodes I'm willing to say that these are the funniest videos ever.

• Options
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Dan reconfirmed as best person ever

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I don't get it...

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Arin is wearing vr and Dan is aping Arins movements as a joke...

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Also, arin has no idea that Dan is there

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN