Options

I tried to make a new [Game Grumps] thread, but I missed.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    As said before, the tags on DDLC's page as well as the content warning when you open the game itself are not "haha good joke about this anime harem game". They really mean it.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    OH GOD IT IS STARTING ISN'T IT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FpI-IjIIZ8

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Oh my god Dan. Daaaaaaaaaaan.

DDLC foreshadowing spoilers
    Last Resort lyrics was crazy enough, but that specific line at 7:35 while talking to Yuri. Holy hell.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I never actually played DDLC myself and haven't seen any other playthroughs, but I did go through the TVTropes article on it and I'm pretty sure this game is going to be the darkest game the Grumps ever play on their channel. I'm honestly surprised they are even doing it.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Part of the problem with the Grumps DDLC playthrough is that other videos are getting recommended to me on YouTube that have VERY CLEAR spoilers in their goddamn thumbnails and titles. The internet is bad at keeping secrets.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Part of the problem with the Grumps DDLC playthrough is that other videos are getting recommended to me on YouTube that have VERY CLEAR spoilers in their goddamn thumbnails and titles. The internet is bad at keeping secrets.

Yeah, I was also spoiled the same way. People suck.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    It's tricky though. By it's very nature, I feel like it's not something people should go into completely blind. Hell if the internet was entirely spoiler free chances are everyone outside the VN community would have immediately dismissed it.

That being said specific references and images from the game are a bit shitty. Is there a youtube comments section that doesn't have 100 jokes that try to be clever but by virtue of 100 other versions of it become obvious spoilers?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I honestly thought they would get further than this in this vid. I feel like even the next one won't get to the point everyone is waiting for. It might get right before it, complete with the line.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Hey! Do you guys want Some Tokens?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ZmvrWALFc

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    youtube vidya

Hoo boy.

I imagine Arin is going to hate on this game. I've seen a couple of YouTubers play this and they got incredibly frustrated with this. The only thing left is to sit back and #popcorn.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Markiplier literally threw a chair in his first episode playing this... I think Arin might cause himself internal injuries if he plays for too long.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh. So interestingly, DDLC was created by the same person who made that P-Block level (P is for Pain) during the Mario Maker series that broke Arin.

He’s come back to finish the job.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Disappointed this is solo Arin but holy shit.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh. So interestingly, DDLC was created by the same person who made that P-Block level (P is for Pain) during the Mario Maker series that broke Arin.

He’s come back to finish the job.

And his commentary at regular intervals in game. ugh

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Dan definitely should be playing that game. We all have seen Arin break, but I think this game could even break Dan.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I did a search on the game after watching Arin play it only to find a sub 3-minute speed run. It was intense insanity wrapped up in perfection of motion.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    I don't generally think that Arin is worse at games than Markiplier, just better at different games (like Megaman)

I think Arin's real problem with Getting Over It is that he just completely doesn't realize he can also push down with the hammer to launch himself upwards.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Apparently the hardest part of the game is how the camera is very free floating during lots of movement, and the location of the hammer is based on the mouse location relative to your character. Which results in some stupid things happening in finesse locations.

Which means some of the best play will always be moving very furiously.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This is the one I watched. Nuts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZ1XTTVzQ0

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I don't generally think that Arin is worse at games than Markiplier, just better at different games (like Megaman)

I think Arin's real problem with Getting Over It is that he just completely doesn't realize he can also push down with the hammer to launch himself upwards.
    Well he also exclaims that there's no sense to the physics which isn't true at all. Arin is really blind to learning things.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    There are times where he thinks he's getting it but he really isn't. There was one time where he even admitted so.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Reading the wikipedia on DDLC, what I am hoping for is...
    When the game restarts Arin will act as if this is their first time playing thru it and pretending to not know Sayori. Throwing Dan in some weird Twilight Zone simulation.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I have been gazing at YouTube the last few days to see when they post the next episode.
    Pretty sure they'll get to the first "event" then

God I hope they didn't play it, saw what happened, and said "we can't show this."

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Oh also, for those of you that have already played it:
    Have you seen how reddit has contributed to the cult of best girl Monika?

https://www.reddit.com/r/JustMonika
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MONIKOOER/

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    So no Doki Doki.

I'm trying to remember the last time I was actually upset that they stopped a game mid-play and coming up blank. Deadly Creatures, maybe?

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    So no Doki Doki.

I'm trying to remember the last time I was actually upset that they stopped a game mid-play and coming up blank. Deadly Creatures, maybe?
    Yeah this is the first time I'm upset that a series is on hold. Hopefully it's not abandoned. It was getting fucking amazing too.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Quitting directly before the twist would be so incredible

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    So no Doki Doki.

I’m still cheesed they haven’t finished Paper MARIO or Odyssey.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Not finishing Dead Rising 2 annoys me. Also Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, though that one never stood a chance.

Did they finish any of the Silent Hills they started?

• Options
    Superhot is one of those games that makes me go "yeah VR has potential." But they're so few and far between.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    Not finishing Dead Rising 2 annoys me. Also Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, though that one never stood a chance.

Did they finish any of the Silent Hills they started?

They finished Shattered Memories.

I might go rewatch that, I have a real softspot for that game.

• Options
    So no Doki Doki.

By the way, they know exactly what they're doing.

• Options
    Of course. Of fucking course.

• Options
    You know it's not the absolute worst time for Doki Doki to go on Hiatus, but it's pretty damn close.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    You guys know they've probably already played and recorded the episodes and are just teasing us, right

• Options
    Yes we know. We also know we are powerless to do anything about it.

Still feel trolled as FUCK though.

• Options
    I have a feeling Barry got into Arin's head about "stop showing DDLC right before the shit happens." This is too calculated to think it's coincidence. If it was Barry's idea, I can forgive.

• Options
    Did anyone catch this in real-time yesterday? It's both brilliant and infuriating:

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular