As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Winter Rift is Coming

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    Bubs wrote: »
    I almost never see Kalista, but when I do she's scary. For somebody with awful mechanics, is she going to be hard to play effectively? I'm particularly bad at ADC

I dont play adc at all but my understanding is it's the most mechanically intensive role and kalista is particularly challenging even for an adc

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Bubs wrote: »
    I almost never see Kalista, but when I do she's scary. For somebody with awful mechanics, is she going to be hard to play effectively? I'm particularly bad at ADC

Yes. Why are you wanting to play her?
    Due to crafting, I am now an owner of Infernal Susan.

Me too! I also have an Omega Squad Teemo but coincidentally no longer any essence for it. *sometimes lucky*

Ivellius on
    Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    It just looks like a ton of fun, and if I could get the hang of it, all her mobility could make up for my constant positioning problems

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ugh, support Taliyah paired with Lucian is fucking painful to lane against.

If she lands a good W your life bar disappears.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLGI0ZW3Og0
    Oh. That's why Urgot had to be disabled.

butts
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Urgot divided by zero?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I didn't found any skin shard i wanted to craft so far - i only turn it into essence (i have 1650 now) or into mystery skins (got 2 skins worth 520 rp, so it was not worth it). When i will get shard for some Legendary Skin i will be ready, which will propably happen sometime ine next 10 years considering my luck.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I didn't found any skin shard i wanted to craft so far - i only turn it into essence (i have 1650 now) or into mystery skins (got 2 skins worth 520 rp, so it was not worth it). When i will get shard for some Legendary Skin i will be ready, which will propably happen sometime ine next 10 years considering my luck.

Here I sit with a bunch of keys and no chests.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I've currently narrowed my roster down to Trist, Vayne, Shyv and Fiora, just to get some mastery and chests.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I got an S on Lucian, and now I don't want to play him anymore because I want that sweet chest potential

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    You're limited to four chests a month and in my own personal experience, you get key fragments a lot slower than you get chests.

butts
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    You're limited to four chests a month and in my own personal experience, you get key fragments a lot slower than you get chests.

People with limited playtime or limited champion pools might not though? I always have way more chests than keys but I play tons of different champs in normals, and then sometimes even if I'm bad, I'm often queuing with a friend on their main champ or something so I end up earning a chest cause they get an S. Especially good with husband who just spams Kayle and reliably gets S's, and then I can play whatever and get a chest. Although if he wants to get the free loot he should probably play something different at some point...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    also I lost 2 more games of ranked yesterday; I don't even know. Gotta play some normals and focus on fundamentals and see what's going on. Also mayyybe play solo for a tiny bit cause something happened to my duo queue botlane synergy.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Jookie wrote: »

People with limited playtime or limited champion pools might not though? I always have way more chests than keys but I play tons of different champs in normals, and then sometimes even if I'm bad, I'm often queuing with a friend on their main champ or something so I end up earning a chest cause they get an S. Especially good with husband who just spams Kayle and reliably gets S's, and then I can play whatever and get a chest. Although if he wants to get the free loot he should probably play something different at some point...

Wouldn't that just prove my point more? Playing less means less wins, meaning less key fragments in between chests unless they one trick a champion and never queue with others.

butts
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    also I lost 2 more games of ranked yesterday; I don't even know. Gotta play some normals and focus on fundamentals and see what's going on. Also mayyybe play solo for a tiny bit cause something happened to my duo queue botlane synergy.

You don't play with me QED

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    You know...

I really, really, really want to like playing Leona. I know she's capable of being good, I like everything about the character. And I like big engage all-in champs(Shen and Ali, for instance). Something about her though, I feel like I die a lot more and contribute a lot less than other supports.

Khavall on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Probably due to her really needing a team that's coordinated and will follow up on you doing things. Especially since she hits like a wet noodle if you're building tanky, and there's champs that can be even *tankier* than her while still doing noticeable damage. Wonder if she'd be up for a bit of a kit tuning sometime.

Also I need to try just going AP on her so she's got some bite.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Roz wrote: »

You don't play with me QED

I definitely should, yes. I think my support bro and I need to temporarily part ways and git gud and then get back together for some quality LP gain with our newfound skill. Or something like that. I'll probably play ranked tonight after a normals or two (although there's some chance I will have to drive to Philly instead, but probably not), so if you're on I'll invite.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    You know...

I really, really, really want to like playing Leona. I know she's capable of being good, I like everything about the character. And I like big engage all-in champs(Shen and Ali, for instance). Something about her though, I feel like I die a lot more and contribute a lot less than other supports.

You really have to itemize properly with her. Recognize what the enemy team is doing and how you need to stop it through itemization.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I saved a yi with my heart of the mountain shield - it blocked a fatal tower shot. He doesn't say anything, just goes b in sight of the enemy. so fizz comes and kills him and he can't escape.

support lyfe!!!! (we still won)

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    And i just got verbally abused before a normal game, because i didn't let some kid have a position i got (because i never play a position that i would have to play instead). Obviously, he was from Poland, like me. The fact that my countrymen are propably the most hated nation in LoL simply saddens me, because it's completely understandable - i hate them too, and im one of them!

I just don't get why would you curse for a minute at a random guy from the internet for such a little reason. Game dodged.

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Probably due to her really needing a team that's coordinated and will follow up on you doing things. Especially since she hits like a wet noodle if you're building tanky, and there's champs that can be even *tankier* than her while still doing noticeable damage. Wonder if she'd be up for a bit of a kit tuning sometime.

I maintain that her passive is just terrible design.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »

Isnt it basically equivalent to one of the default masteries now?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I played a game as zyra support where we absolutely crushed the laning phase. Our opponents couldn't even get near the creep line without taking a ton of plant and Caitlyn damage. Plants and traps everywhere, man. It was beautiful.

Then when we got to teamfights, the other 3 would consistently get Tibbers stunned and die, and all I heard was "GG this zyra never helps" "Zyra do something" etc.

I tried to explain that there's literally nothing I could do about that, but nope. My fault.

How are people finding Zyra right now? Her random seeds aren't always the best thing, but when they drop in useful places, it gets a little silly. Are we still building Liandry's and Rylai's into whatever?

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options

It's so awesome getting a tiny amount of AoE damage after using a spell (Alistar)

Or a passive that makes your damage abilities worthwhile (Tahm Kench)

Or something happening every third hit (everyone in the past year)

More seriously, why do you think it's poorly designed? I think it works very well for what it does. Leona is my go-to support champion when I'm angry and want to body some fools people.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Ivellius wrote: »

It's so awesome getting a tiny amount of AoE damage after using a spell (Alistar)

More seriously, why do you think it's poorly designed? I think it works very well for what it does. Leona is my go-to support champion when I'm angry and want to body some fools people.

So much of her damage is tied into it, so she's stuck in bot lane with no real chance of jungling, laning, etc. She is designed so she can't be effective alone.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    i just saw the other, perhaps hopelessly optimistic end of "damn, dudes, please just surrender so we can move on for fuck sake we can't win you have no idea what's going on team to team we just don't have the factual, objective numbers we need to push this shit out and beat their champions and item builds right now".

to be fully clear, i have now experienced the very reason why someone playing this horrible video game might decide to vote "no" when the surrender prompt pops up.

we have our third tier towers backed up by two lanes filled with minions and our very last base towers and they have a mere two base towers and no inhibitor in the middle lane and please christ just focus and stop getting tilted and... please don't feed mid lane because you're pissed... please stop... guys, seriously...

at this point, i feel like typing all kinds of legitimately terrible things that would legit make me a piece of shit, but i don't.

at least most of the time. i've sometimes typed "ffs" and "fine just end it fuck dudes" in chat and i can't, in all honesty, admit that i haven't gotten that ragey. full disclosure. it's seriously pathetic that i've done that. i am not an emotionally untouchable boulder placed atop a rocky outcropping somewhere within the place of emptiness. i am not able to survive the trials of mu. i tend to freak out the moment my eyes are taken away,

that is absolutely not excusable. it honestly helps no one. reacting aggressively to any situation, be it one created by the game itself or one created by another player... just don't do that shit. if you give in to that urge, you have successfully hurt your own team's chance of winning and have damaged your teammates' personal morale. this game is set up in a way that encourages your opponents to tilt your team; doing that job for them means you are playing league of legends wrong. i have no idea if i just used a semicolon correctly, but stopping the flow of my own points and wrecking my own bullshit is what i do for a living.

regardless, how i've opened this post has honestly just been an excuse to vent. i have posted some lengthy lines regarding the whole "don't be a raging, defeatist asshole" thing in here and it's honestly taken me this long to scramble together the reason why someone might have a legitimate reason to occasionally rage like some sort of bloodthirsty goblin. i've felt the frustration before, but it's taken ages for me to parse all of those crazy emotions in a way that's even remotely rational.

fucking league of legends, man. i don't even want to know what kind of shredded wreckage my patience would have turned into had i played the original dota allstars back in the day.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    Ivellius wrote: »

So much of her damage is tied into it, so she's stuck in bot lane with no real chance of jungling, laning, etc. She is designed so she can't be effective alone.

Yep. Its not fun to be so dependent on teammates popping it. She has no damage potential outside of that, so if she's on her own she's about as danagerous as a minion (unless she has spellblade stuff, or lots of AD, etc)

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    The League of Legends Facebook just posted the following encrypted message:
    U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F.
    I'm curious what they're hinting at.

• Options
    Madpoet wrote: »
    U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F. U.R.F.

Return of Dominion.

• Options

I don't think it's bad for her kit to be designed around such a concern. Her jungling and laning would be crazy if she could proc her own passive (they could let her proc it on monsters herself; they do it with other abilities), so she would have to be fairly ineffective as a support to be balanced around those other roles. I don't think all supports need such things on their kits, but as design space I think it's worthwhile to have some champions like that. As another example, I hate Kalista's design overall but do like the bonding aspect of her kit.

Now Skarner? Skarner's design is horrible.
    rant

Your semicolon use was correct.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    The difference is that Kallista threatens you alone still - having her partner around makes her stronger, but isn't required.

I don't mind a champ being stronger around teammates, but Leona has too much of her threat pushed to the passive.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    completely random and worthless tidbit:

i dig support style champions and have a pretty good record with the tanky punchy dudes who can run top and bot and wherever

i picked leona

holy shit i should never pick leona i'm so sorry everyone i lost the game

i singlehandedly lost the game

i lost the game like ernest goes dota

eweweweweweweweggghhhh

god dammit vern you got me dead at dragon

again

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    does anyone even get that reference fuck why am i such a bad poster hello HELLO STEVEN ARE YOU THERE

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »

Return of Dominion.

Well, yeah, that's next week. Kind of weird to herald it that far in advance, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    The difference is that Kallista threatens you alone still - having her partner around makes her stronger, but isn't required.

I don't mind a champ being stronger around teammates, but Leona has too much of her threat pushed to the passive.

I've gotten to that point as Leona, too, where I can threaten people.

The real difference in your example, though, is just the champion roles. Kalista is expected to have damage; Leona is not. I can still lock you down for a long time and not die for a while if I'm playing Leona 1v1. That's just the nature of the role. Nunu's not going to kill anyone by himself if he has no damage, either (barring brush shenanigans).
    i lost the game like ernest goes dota

eweweweweweweweggghhhh

god dammit vern you got me dead at dragon

again

I get the reference. (Get good with Leona, though.)

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    i feel like if i want to try and honestly climb the ladder i really ought to pick champions that are more than just "fun"

leona is often mentioned as a ladyface who gets dumped into a collection of peepz that are obvious picks

there's the boring several adc selections that have been chosen every season for months, there's a few supports or whatever, and maybe whoever the fuck it is in top lane blah blah same ol' shit every meta and every tournament

i remember leona coming up a lot and even if she's not grabbed that often lately i want to try and learn her simply because it seems like a solid idea

what should i max first? i usually choose my stun first simply because i remember playing dragon knight a lot in dota, yet lol is obviously not dota and already we have understood a very solid reason as to why i am awful at league of legends.

all unfunny bullshit aside, what should i try building with leona? skills and items. just some general ideas. i appreciate the advice that i get from here, so i figure i should ask in this thread. i've played a couple of games as her and now the next step is to seek some advice from real people.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    i feel like if i want to try and honestly climb the ladder i really ought to pick champions that are more than just "fun"

leona is often mentioned as a ladyface who gets dumped into a collection of peepz that are obvious picks

there's the boring several adc selections that have been chosen every season for months, there's a few supports or whatever, and maybe whoever the fuck it is in top lane blah blah same ol' shit every meta and every tournament

i remember leona coming up a lot and even if she's not grabbed that often lately i want to try and learn her simply because it seems like a solid idea

what should i max first? i usually choose my stun first simply because i remember playing dragon knight a lot in dota, yet lol is obviously not dota and already we have understood a very solid reason as to why i am awful at league of legends.

all unfunny bullshit aside, what should i try building with leona? skills and items. just some general ideas. i appreciate the advice that i get from here, so i figure i should ask in this thread. i've played a couple of games as her and now the next step is to seek some advice from real people.

Are you in plat or above? No?

Play someone you like. Git Gud with them. Climb.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    zac it is then.

i seriously just play such disgusting games with zac where i cannot parse how much ass gets kicked.

it's too much. let's be real: its too much because players at my completely poop skill level just don't know how to deal with zac. i say "skill level" not to brag about how awesome i am, but to simply display how low i am on the ladder right now.

shame that will change once i break into the real ranks. plot twist: i play normals constantly and i'm not even level 30 atm. fucking pathetic. i love talking about my games, but damn, i'm not even partially mushroom deep into the actual solo queue system at all. my last league account was in there somewhere, but this one is not. i had to restart from "noob zero" with no ip or rp or anything on this account due to losing my login and email information. not that it matters, you see. i was completely awful before back in season two or three and i have only just barely started playing league of legends for real within the last six or seven months, perhaps, which means that i know jack shit and i may as well just be a blindfolded white belt with butt cheeks for hands.

i can at least pretend i'm doing well in the sewer league, though. these butt cheek fists will fart all over your face provided i'm not required to try and last hit in lane. when it comes to that, i'm still working on the mechanics.

fuck that garbage, though. the top of the bullshit tunnel is "rat king", dawg, and i will rat king those fucking ninja turtles all day. (please jesus dont watch that second match oh god i am so bad it's all a joke i mean it im a fucking hacksaw jim duggan level of bad).

i cannot even pretend to be good enough to rank high atop the crap shuffle, but i can at least guarantee that leonardo ain't gonna pull that dragon sweeping katana shit on me nuh uh fool you're gonna wake up in the morning with an ass so sore you would swear your name is baxter stockman.

#hailmegatron
    EDIT: another good champion? hecarim? do you happen to play fighting games a lot?

hecarim is good at what you may call "footsies".

ward like a support when it comes to the weird angles people don't tend to anticipate.

if you play support a lot, you very much understand the bizarre areas that wards get placed. just here and there, y'know?

those few pixels over this way or that way; that line of sight gets viewed here in this cone or that cone along this or that angle. i am determined to use a semicolon improperly.

hecarim has a movement speed advantage. he can burst straight through this place you never even knew was possible. he can flash (or not flash and... )ult straight over a particular ridge or little bit of fog of war that you never expected and holy moltar and zorak ballsacks why am i suddenly dead?

please buy me hecarim for my 400th birthday.

for the fucking warmaster horus sixth-hundredth sixty-sixth rebellion anniversary whatever it is what am i even talking about anymore extravaganza

#hailmegatron

again

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options

Leona - level Q first, E, then R>W>Q>E

Primarily you buy lots of health. W gives a significant resistance bonus, so you can put off buying armor/mr until later when one of their carries get large.

Triforce if you have to go (wo)MAN MODE