Options

[League of Legends] Winter Rift is Coming

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Jookie wrote: »
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I have 3 Shyvana skins, not sure if I can justify buying another.

(I can always justify more Shyvana skins. Please hide my wallet.)

You don't have to buy it, you already have three. The smart plan of action is to stick to using those three until it goes on sale and then buy it the minute it does.

That's what I'm doing. :^) I only have two skins of hers though.

Sir, are you accusing me of intelligence?

Pistols at dawn, sir. Pistols at dawn!

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I haven't spent any money on this game in the past 2 years and I've still spent an embarrassing amount of money on skins.

so free

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    After very briefly playing around with her, I get the impression that Taliyah is going to be completely busted in the right hands

Like, old school Twisted Fate levels of map control with an added dash of "fuck you, I hope you didn't think you were getting away from this gank"

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAH1Hrg_wEw
    You can pull this off with minions but he can also clear them significantly faster so.

butts
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    No idea what I'm doing on Taliyah. Her clear is ok. I cannot use her W for the life of me. It's so odd. Won my first norm with her, so there is that.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    After carrying @skippydumptruck and @Sir Landshark (so heavy) last night I am Silver 4

I'M JUST AS GOOD AS YOU ALL NOW

ALL OF YOU

JUST AS GOOD

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    I will say, turning a chasedown into a lockdown with Taliyah ult is immensely satisfying. Or blocking a Rengar with it to save your team and split the enemy team.

Her E does deceptively high damage, you can actually chunk people with the initial cast. I've gotten a couple kills by kiting a low hp enemy or just enemies standing on it until it detonates.

Her W is going to be the death of me, super hard to land.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Just lost 2 games of ranked. Tilt mode activated. Never getting to gold. GRAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I've now gone up to Silver 4 feeling confident twice now, only to have teams that either majorly throws despite heavy warding, or teams which feed uncontrollably early until I'm back to Silver 5, only to immediately make a promo again and pass it.

• Options
    whew ok played a normals as Jhin which is always pretty much the best. Untilted. I should play him more Ranked, but I only like picking him once I've seen a bit of the enemy comp.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Riot's suggested items for Taliyah are crap.

Like, really. "Rush Rylai/Liandry" has never, ever been a good strategy. (Rushing the scepter is... meh).

Feels like she needs CDR most of all. And some durability, she's pretty close ranged.

Her scaling's not bad though... I mean, the combo of EW will proc stupid damage off the E, like... 5 hits at .3-.4 AP each? Q can land for something like .4>.2*4 on unworked ground, but...

Her poke in lane though just isn't happening except to get in close to combo, because no way you ever land the full unworked Q? Hmm... may have been too aggressive though. I think E to setup (because slow and they don't want to stick around) then W or Q depending is best? Hard to judge.

Ultimately, her theoretical AP ratios aren't bad, but she has no range whatsoever. Her CC isn't bad, with W directional launch and E slow field. But I think getting bulky CDR/AP is probably best, and especially with Zhonya's and Abyssal having CDR now.

If you took the CDR mastery her rank 5 Q is going to be just about a 2 sec cooldown, so... fire fire FIRE (and you'll want Rylai's at some point too for the HP and slow and... everything really). But I think lane-appropriate CDR/AP/defense item is probably first buy, then Rylai's, then the other, then... I dunno. More AP/CDR probably after getting some bulk up.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Riot's suggested items for Taliyah are crap.

Like, really. "Rush Rylai/Liandry" has never, ever been a good strategy. (Rushing the scepter is... meh).

Feels like she needs CDR most of all. And some durability, she's pretty close ranged.

Her scaling's not bad though... I mean, the combo of EW will proc stupid damage off the E, like... 5 hits at .3-.4 AP each? Q can land for something like .4>.2*4 on unworked ground, but...

Her poke in lane though just isn't happening except to get in close to combo, because no way you ever land the full unworked Q? Hmm... may have been too aggressive though. I think E to setup (because slow and they don't want to stick around) then W or Q depending is best? Hard to judge.

Ultimately, her theoretical AP ratios aren't bad, but she has no range whatsoever. Her CC isn't bad, with W directional launch and E slow field. But I think getting bulky CDR/AP is probably best, and especially with Zhonya's and Abyssal having CDR now.

If you took the CDR mastery her rank 5 Q is going to be just about a 2 sec cooldown, so... fire fire FIRE (and you'll want Rylai's at some point too for the HP and slow and... everything really). But I think lane-appropriate CDR/AP/defense item is probably first buy, then Rylai's, then the other, then... I dunno. More AP/CDR probably after getting some bulk up.

I was definitely thinking it would be nice to have more CDR. Her ult is very impactful but it's got a huge CD. I didn't know 45% CDR was a 2 sec Q, lol. That's nuts. Right now I'm just going SoTA on her in the JG, same as Brand. Gives her some nice free stats when she is weak. I think she needs to rush to 6 before ganking, unless there is a super free kill in a lane.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, Q is like 4 (or was it 5) once you max it. E drops like 2 seconds per rank as well. Didn't look to see how W went.

And her ult needs to have a decent cooldown - it's like Lux range at rank 1, and rank 3 will cross half the map. She can do Sion length charges, except with a wall. Anivia can do some gamechanging wall plays in jungle. Taliya does that from river across an entire lane - she can easily gank top/bottom and from halfway down river she suddenly cuts the lane completely off for 6 seconds (and rides the wall into close range to try and explode them).

Polaritie on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Behold, the Glorious Evolution!

Viktor has been given new life, with a 5.69% buff in raw win rate he now sits comfortably at 51.98%. His first time over 50% since the rework [even if you count professional games].

The core build seems to be E Augment-> Abyssal -> Rylai's -> Finish Augment -> Void -> Cap/whatever

The buffs to base damage mean that the slow on Rylai's makes him super potent. And the fact that his ult is backloaded means you have a lot more incentive to just dump it and let it tick.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Tried the new swain and did end up leveling q as suggested. It's a little ufortunate how mobile guys can leave so much of his damage so quickly. But he finally, finally has waveclear with a q w r combo.

Felt a little awkward in laning especially vs a Leblanc but the 5 birds and not depending on dmg for healing is really nice. He likes zhonyas even more now that it has cool down and of course the new roa on him is a nice bonus.

• Options
    gam3p0tgam3p0t Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's been stated many times before, but just in case you didn't know: Dodging has zero impact on your MMR (and therefore zero impact on your long term climb)

Plus the first dodge is a super negligible amount of LP loss. Like 3 I think?

It's an auto loss in your promos (but again, no MMR lost), but if your long term goal is something like Silver 5, then a dodge in your Bronze 5 to Bronze 4 promos will still probably be the best choice.

in other news: op.gg claims I will skip from Gold 5 to Gold 3 due to my MMR. I'm at 76 LP right now so here's hoping I win my next game and it happens!

just to throw in on this. Now they've changed the dodging penalty. If you dodge in a normal game within the same (12 hours or 24 hours I believe, I don't remember this right off hand) and you dodge or get a lock out or whatever where you bounce out of a ranked queue you will get hit with a level 2 dodge penalty. Meaning you'll lose 10 lp; and you will have a 30 minute queue timer to burn off. They changed this recently and it may have been linked in this thread earlier on. So be careful throwing out your dodge's when you think, because it can bite you if you end up in a bad roll or having internet issues can lead to you burning 13 lp really quick.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I think the biggest issue that Taliyah has is that her E range is really short. It places her in danger to use her combo, and with W being as finicky as it is, her only safeish poke is her Q. Her E has a ridiculous 1.2 AP ratio, if both casts hit, more if she gets a W, but again the W is just hard to land.

Theoretically you could W first then cast E as you get the shove, but it's still difficult. I do think her jungle clear is a bit slow until 3, then she oneshots camps, esp with smite. Really smooth AA animation also. Her Worked ground stays around forever so I think JG is good for her as it gives enough time for the ground to disappear on your next clear, as opposed to staying around in lane forever.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I understand why you're jungling Taliyah? Like, you've even said on this page that she needs to hit six before ganking, her clear is slow until level 3, and she's fragile. That just sounds like a recipe for the other jungler to eat you alive.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand why you're jungling Taliyah? Like, you've even said on this page that she needs to hit six before ganking, her clear is slow until level 3, and she's fragile. That just sounds like a recipe for the other jungler to eat you alive.

She also moves fast in jungle, but...

In lane, worked ground is not straight up bad. You get discount Q and the first hit is the big one anyways, so cheap chipping away. Also movespeed fields.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

I'm in bronze, nobody invades unless it's a Shaco main or Lee Sin. I want to say she can gank before 6, it's just that I have played her for all of one day and I suck with her and am still learning. Once I learn to W properly I think she will be much stronger pre-6. The damage from EW combo is significant. I'm 2/2 with her so far in normals, but I have not fed in any of those games and the losses were not directly attributable to me. Which I think bodes well considering she's less than 24 hours old.

Again, I'm in bronze. I've gotten good results with lifesteal Olaf and jungle Brand. Her ult has already won teamfights for me, so I want to see what she is capable of once I get better.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    most mages aren't really designed to be junglers. not to say that you *can't* jungle with them, but in ranked you usually want to seize every advantage you can get. even if you aren't getting invaded being slower than the enemy jungler can result in you falling behind or not being there to apply pressure on lanes while the enemy jungler does and swings the momentum in his team's favor in a worst case scenario.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    most mages aren't really designed to be junglers. not to say that you *can't* jungle with them, but in ranked you usually want to seize every advantage you can get. even if you aren't getting invaded being slower than the enemy jungler can result in you falling behind or not being there to apply pressure on lanes while the enemy jungler does and swings the momentum in his team's favor in a worst case scenario.

I'm not playing her in ranked, neither do I play JG Brand in ranked. Though I think with a bit more time and depending on my teamcomp (say if we have an AD tank top and a tanky supp) I may bring Brand out in ranked. Played Voli in ranked last night and won, so that was good.

Also, it is said very often here and in other places that you can make anything work if you put enough time and effort into learning and getting good at it, all the way up to some Challenger Garen main, I'm sure. I just want to see what she can do, if I gel with her and if I have fun playing her and can get used to her kit and be effective with her. If not, no harm done.

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    New champ day is always fun in normals. I'm expecting the level of Taliyah play to go way up, but right now it's not quite there. I was letting other people come into mid and get kills because my Taliyah opponent was so far behind. Once she's got a couple items the wave clear goes a lot better, but it seems like it's tough for people until level 8 or so.

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    What is considered to be the "coolest" available Sivir skin? My buddy's birthday is today and he is maining Sivir now, so I wanted to give him a skin for his birthday.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Ughh...I got wrecked as top lane wukong vs kitten. Literally couldn't do anything. He was even killing me under tower at lvl 7.

I started building armor/health right away to survive the eventual all in, but it wasn't enough

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    What is considered to be the "coolest" available Sivir skin? My buddy's birthday is today and he is maining Sivir now, so I wanted to give him a skin for his birthday.

A lot of people would probably say Warden. I think I'd pick Spectacular or Bandit out of the available ones.

Huntress Sivir through the Champions Bundle would also be really nice of you (though I don't like the skin that much).

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options

I have strong opinions on this.

The coolest Sivir skin is the PAX one which is unfortunately unavailable. I run the Warden skin which I really dig but which not everyone would like because in some ways it's fairly generic armor. The snowstorm Sivir skin has the best 3D model, but the splash art is a little off (high quality, but kinda diverges from the 'ruthness mercenary' concept in order to emphasize the 'happy boob lady' aspect.) The rest of the Sivir skins have medium-quality splash arts (better since the merge with the chinese art, except for Bandit Sivir) and are a little too close, visually, to the main skin. The SKT Sivir skin is going to be super fucking cool but it's not out yet.

tl; dr, choose between Warden and Snowstorm.

Hm also as someone who mained Sivir to get from high Bronze to low Gold (...and then back down to high Silver), I probably have relevant/useful advice for your friend if he wants it.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

psst, Snowstorm is Legacy

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I like Bandit Sivir a lot, it was one of the first skins I picked up, along with Dreadknight Nasus.

I pretty much mained Sivir and Nasus from level 1-30. My rune and mastery pages for them were both called 'Bad Dogs and Boomerangs'~

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    Ughh...I got wrecked as top lane wukong vs kitten. Literally couldn't do anything. He was even killing me under tower at lvl 7.

I started building armor/health right away to survive the eventual all in, but it wasn't enough

Yup. Rengar is not the hardest top champion to play against, but god damnit if he isn't one of the most irritating.

• Options

I have strong opinions on this.

The coolest Sivir skin is the PAX one which is unfortunately unavailable. I run the Warden skin which I really dig but which not everyone would like because in some ways it's fairly generic armor. The snowstorm Sivir skin has the best 3D model, but the splash art is a little off (high quality, but kinda diverges from the 'ruthness mercenary' concept in order to emphasize the 'happy boob lady' aspect.) The rest of the Sivir skins have medium-quality splash arts (better since the merge with the chinese art, except for Bandit Sivir) and are a little too close, visually, to the main skin. The SKT Sivir skin is going to be super fucking cool but it's not out yet.

Hm also as someone who mained Sivir to get from high Bronze to low Gold (...and then back down to high Silver), I probably have relevant/useful advice for your friend if he wants it.

HIt me. I will copypaste the text into a text for him.

He already has Warden, so I guess it's Snowstorm time.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Kay wrote: »
    I like Bandit Sivir a lot, it was one of the first skins I picked up, along with Dreadknight Nasus.

I pretty much mained Sivir and Nasus from level 1-30. My rune and mastery pages for them were both called 'Bad Dogs and Boomerangs'~

I played Bandit Sivir before the Warden skin came out cause I liked her dress and also the snarly face she had in the splash. But I don't like the new splash.

oops, didn't realize snowstorm was legacy, but of course it is! I just got it from a box+key setup and was happy. Would love to own all the Sivir skins, but not enough to spend money on the ones that aren't my top choice.

...wait, could I get PAX Sivir from a mystery box?...wait they aren't called mystery boxes. Mastery boxes?

credeiki on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »

I played Bandit Sivir before the Warden skin came out cause I liked her dress and also the snarly face she had in the splash. But I don't like the new splash.

oops, didn't realize snowstorm was legacy, but of course it is! I just got it from a box+key setup and was happy. Would love to own all the Sivir skins, but not enough to spend money on the ones that aren't my top choice.

...wait, could I get PAX Sivir from a mystery box?...wait they aren't called mystery boxes. Mastery boxes?

Yeah, I preferred the old splash for Bandit, too. I honestly love the design of her crossblade and the shoulderpad on the model, though.

Also, are you a Berserker Greaves or Lucidity Boots sorta Sivir player? I usually go AD+CDR item first, followed by Static Shiv (or just PD) and Lucidity Boots, with a Vamp Scepter on the side.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Hm, let's see, what is in my Silver ADC's guide to Sivir....

Skill order: one point of W, Q, E, then max Q, then W, then E.
    You may if desired/necessary take your point in E earlier if you are really terrified of a hook or something, but if you do so, you really don't want to fight. You may take your point in Q at level 1 if you are invading and catch someone or if you are 1v2 and they freeze and you need to last hit from a really far distance with your spell.

runes+masteries: AD reds, AS quints. Can go AD quints if you know you will buy an AS item second. Fervor is probably the accepted mastery; I also sometimes take warlord's bloodlust if I think there will be long fights where I run around and stay alive a long time wearing down a bunch of tanks.

Item build: I like to go Infinity Edge first. If I back with a weird gold amount and have to buy a longsword or two first, I will go ER. Always buy AD first if you have more than 300 gold upon backing. Depending on what's going on, I will follow up the IE with a phantom dancer or an Essence reaver. Recently Phantom dancer. Berserker Greaves are my boots of choice. A full build might have IE, ER, BT, berserker greaves, PD or RFC, Mercurial scimitar.

General behavior in lane: if you are warding river and also feel ok with the prospect of attracting jungler attention, you can push them into their tower, clearing the waves with W. This will make them lose cs and allow you to hit them more easily with Q, probably. Save Q for hitting champions early on, or you will run out of mana. If your support is a moron and is going to suicide under their tower (either by diving or getting hooked), don't push to their tower. Make sure you don't push it awkwardly 3/4ths of the way to their tower; make sure the tower is hitting the wave. Use Q to waveclear and reset the wave as well as W if you find yourself in this awkward situation.
    You might not want to push them to tower if you have an aggressive melee support and want to engage. It's very situation dependent. Do not absentmindedly W the wave just because; think about whether you want to push it or not.
    Save your E for catching their skillshots. Use it reactively, not preemptively. Beware of people baiting your shield in order to land a second, higher value skillshot (ie Ashe volley, spellshielded, into Ashe ult--whoops no spellshield, now you are dead).
    Sivir is one of the stronger lane adcs. You output a lot of damage early and do well in 2v2s, especially if you've chunked them with your Q beforehand. The only two champions to be shy about fighting early are Lucian and Kalista, who output even more damage. Of course, having a weak support while your opponent has a strong support will tilt other botlane matchups against you, so be judicious.
    In general (not just as Sivir) don't try to take the tower the first time you kill them/chase them out, especially pre-6. Better to push the lane in and then go shopping. Mayyyybe take dragon but it really depends on the state of the map.
    Just because you feel kinda invulnerable to ganks due to E doesn't mean your support is. Be careful about reckless pushing behavior that causes your support to feed. Help them ward.
    Sivir is great at wave control/csing under tower or right ahead of tower. If you want to create a favorable situation for a friendly gank, or an occasion for your support to engage, or an aggressive freeze/attempt to zone enemies off cs (kinda hard with your 500 range, but possible if you have a big advantage), consider letting the wave sit closer to your tower. Be careful about chipping minions with a Q meant for your enemies and be aware that a W will break the freeze.
    When harassing with Q, focus on getting angles such that your boomerang doesn't pass through minions, otherwise it does very little damage.
    You feel strongest when you come back to lane with a BF (and you better be coming back to lane with a BF after your first back at lvl 5 or 6 because you've been farming, right...). At that point your Q, especially when doublehitting, does more damage than pretty much anything else any other adc can do. Press that advantage.

teamfights Sivir is so good at teamfights. I often R after the fight has started, or as someone else is initiated because at our level, an R as main engage isn't great. (that said, can definitely use it to initiate a pick). Don't be shy to R into a fight if you were farming somewhere else and your idiot team started a 4v5. Try to R such that you still have the speed as you get into the fight. Especially after crit ricochets, it is totally fine to hit the tank and let the bounces go. That said, if you see a way to savely obliterate a higher-damage target, try to do so. Make sure to use your W as an autoattack reset. Try not to randomly pop E but save it for something scary.
    It's bronze or silver; basically no one is ever going to peel for you. Good thing you have high movement speed and a spellshield! Run around, keep autoing as much as you can, ricochet off cooldown, boomerang off cooldown unless you're really saving it for an accessible squishy target.

Sieging and counter-sieging Sivir is pretty bad at contested sieging since you have to put yourself way close to the tower to hit it. Remind your team you only have 500 range. You can poke nicely with Q though. That said, Sivir is great at countersieging. You can waveclear forever. You can often defend a tower with a numbers disadvantage while someone splits.

Splitting Into some teams, Sivir can be an ok splitpusher. Your goal is to quickly waveclear, *maybe* get a few hits on the tower, then gtfo. If it's really urgent to gtfo, ult out, spellshield, flash, and you normally live. That said, against a pantheon or rengar or something--someone who's going to come out of nowhere and not allow you to simply ult run away--don't split. It's not going to turn out well. Do go to wherever you see minions building up and destroy them. Always. But don't follow them past river if it's too dangerous.

Scaling Sivir, unless crazy ahead, is not really a duelist. Even lategame, she's a very strong teamfighter, but she definitely loses dueling power. Do not try to 1v1 that Vayne or Trist or really anyone else. Do go ahead and push out their waves, gtfo, then rejoin your team and do tons of AOE damage.

in general always look for where minions are, and destroy them. Sivir racks up cs more easily and quickly than any other adc and it's great.

That's basically it? I have specific thoughts on synergies and matchups but I am way lazy to write them down. Feel free to ask any specific questions or take issue with my advice.

credeiki on
  • Options
    Ivellius wrote: »

psst, Snowstorm is Legacy

Shit, I just saw this.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    We know how will the El skin series look like.

Holy shit, that splash art is ugly.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    i'm sad that warrior princess sivir's splash is kinda butts now. I like the skin.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I almost never see Kalista, but when I do she's scary. For somebody with awful mechanics, is she going to be hard to play effectively? I'm particularly bad at ADC

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Due to crafting, I am now an owner of Infernal Susan.

So thats a thing.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I took your advice and had a better Taliyah game. With Ionian boots and a Evil purple book thing, I was better able to spam my Q while laning which gave me the money I needed to buy a Frozen Heart and a Rylai's. By level 11, I was ready to enter team fights and ended the game 5-5-11.