As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Thread: My Nintendo Is Up. You May Now Panic

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    That's a tekken though

It's not actually. Game has a ranged mode and a melee mode that you constantly switch between. Attacks are all direction+button press, few hold button to charge moves.

It honestly shared more DNA with Virtual On or those Naruto fighters than it does with tekken.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    a range mode and an all-range mode

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    If Nintendo made a traditional fighting game

Oh man

Link in SC2 was a dirty tease

I, too, wish Nintendo made more flops.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Oh man

you're bein a silly, Joel

MKX was the 9th best selling game of 2015 and you better bet a nintendo themed fighter would do as well or better

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    A standard fighting game with nintendo characters would feel so weird to me now, smash just feels like the right way for all those wildly different characters to beat each other up, its fun and goofy and lets the characters do cool and wildly stuff

I guess an anime fighter or mvc style game might come close to that same kinda nonsense

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

Oh man

you're bein a silly, Joel

MKX was the 9th best selling game of 2015 and you better bet a nintendo themed fighter would do as well or better

Yeah, basically

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    The team behind Persona 4 Arena could probably make a really good Nintendo fighter that let people who are intimidated by fighting games feel happy about.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    2 of the 5 pieces needed for the key to the second temple in Skyward Sword are well hidden. Well hidden indeed . . .

:(

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    My 50+ year old female coworker just asked me if I had ever played a game called Pokemon GO. What is happening.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So I recognize kirby, but what are the rest of those?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So I recognize kirby, but what are the rest of those?

the eyeball dude is Dark Matter, who is either the final boss or the secret final boss in most kirby games

usually you gotta collect a bunch of secrets for him to appear in the ending

not sure about the secretary, my guess is she's from robobot

• Options
    Yeah she is in Robobot, and that second one is also from robobot (or at least they used it in robobot)

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Yeah she is in Robobot, and that second one is also from robobot (or at least they used it in robobot)

Its dark matter from dreamland 2

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Its dark matter from dreamland 2
    A clone of Dark Matter shows up as an extra boss in Robobot, which is where the "pull up visor to reveal eyeball" pose comes from.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    13680424_1129809477093832_1040517033288464130_o.jpg

Took me a year. Though a large chunk of that was playing once a week or for a few days every six weeks or so.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    2 of the 5 pieces needed for the key to the second temple in Skyward Sword are well hidden. Well hidden indeed . . .

:(

I can't remember, is that one of the times you're supposed to use dousing to find things?

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Played some more Affordable Space Adventures last night. We'd previously made it up to the bit where you've just gotten the heat shutters, so I thought it was strange that we got through the next few sections without needing them.

Had a look on youtube this morning and apparently we were, we just found another way to get through using the sticky landing gear instead.

Our method looks way easier haha.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    W..what the hell

• Options
    wait so can you actually plug old nes games into it? cause if not then why would they make this thing instead of just making the virtual console stuff more robust

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    wait so can you actually plug old nes games into it? cause if not then why would they make this thing instead of just making the virtual console stuff more robust

novelty thing that's cheaper than buying a current Nintendo system, maybe?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm actually pretty down for someone making an official version of one of those plug n' play machines

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

novelty thing that's cheaper than buying a current Nintendo system, maybe?

Yeah but I already have a current nintendo system

and people have been complaining about not being able to just buy and play digital versions of old nintendo games on modern nintendo consoles since the wii

It just doesn't make sense to me but then Nintendo just kinda does this sort of thing sometimes I guess

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    I have a system on a chip nes/snes

Its fun to collelct the physical cartridges and be able to play them for games I have nostalgia for

I think its a neat idea for them to make a real one!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    That's the NX?

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    If they do a SNES one of those ill be pretty tempted

Especially since they can't rerelease a proper version of Yoshi's Island

• Options
    No, you cannot plug in NES cartridges. It's basically an official version of those Raspberry Pis with an emulator built in, except no known way to add games to it.

Considering it's "only" 30 games, I feel that it's overpriced at $60, if only because there are a bunch of third-party products out there that do more for less.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

From the picture it looks like the door is just molded in. Also the controller ports aren't NES controller ports? Like why would you create an entirely new proprietary format? Either use the old one or just make them USB.

And while I was looking up the NES to see the controller ports to make sure I was right I found this article:
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-the-mini-nes-will-play-30-classic-g-1783660997

It has a list of included games and a price of 60 bucks.

Hard pass.

• Options
    ah in that case thats kind of a bummer yeah

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »

From the picture it looks like the door is just molded in. Also the controller ports aren't NES controller ports? Like why would you create an entirely new proprietary format? Either use the old one or just make them USB.

And while I was looking up the NES to see the controller ports to make sure I was right I found this article:
    http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-the-mini-nes-will-play-30-classic-g-1783660997

It has a list of included games and a price of 60 bucks.

Hard pass.

Because the console itself is physically smaller than an NES cartridge and the controller port would take up half the space at that size. And why would Nintendo use USB when they can make a proprietary port and require you to buy their version of the controller.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I'm fuckin furious castlevania 3 isn't on the list

What the hell! You have the other two! ACK

• Options
    oh no

Nintendo made Whippy so mad she's turning into Cathy

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    How Nintendo hasn't done a "Netflix of Nintendo" for their classic games at this point is baffling to me.

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    I'm fuckin furious castlevania 3 isn't on the list

What the hell! You have the other two! ACK

Likewise Mega Man 2 but not 1 or 3 drives me nuts. Like, 1 isn't great, but the numbering gap bothers me on a fundamental level.

Yeah I don't know why they think this was a good idea. There are better "lots of games in one" products out there and the average target customer isn't going to particularly care that this one is "official".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Y'all remember sega channel?

That shit was 15 years ahead of its time.

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    How Nintendo hasn't done a "Netflix of Nintendo" for their classic games at this point is baffling to me.

Because they can make more money reselling the games every generation. Also because they manually port the games every time they build new hardware, which means it will take a lot of time and effort to build up that library and if you bill a service as Netflix-like, people are going to expect a robust library from the get-go. Maybe they'll do it with NX but I wouldn't hold my breath.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

because they can sell them for 8 dollars each and people will buy them

This discussion has been closed.