As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Enter the Gungeon: That's when I reach for my revolver

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I made it to the fourth floor for the first time today. Even managed to flawless the first boss (Gatling Gulll) for the first time as well.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2016
    Drew this after watching JM stream on Devolver's channel the other night. Quite proud of it.
    oo88s8t836m2.png
    Frank Miller's Enter the Gungeon

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Nothing is more disappointing than finding a gun that is just an ordinary gun.

broken image link
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Friggen' hell, Skut. Surely you don't need all that skill, do you? You think maybe you could spread it around the pool a bit?

Meanwhile, i managed to blow a pretty solid Blessing run with the pilot. Lucked into an early Shock Bullets (which manage to even make Klobbe semi-useful). Had the Clor-whatsits Ring. Ate shite against the High Priest, but at least i got past him. Found an Elder Blank in the Forge and was like, "yes!" (with the fist pump and everything).

Except...

Earlier in the run i'd picked up the Box, so i figured "why not try theft?" Which was fine, but the curse from that and the curse from the Elder Blank conspired to turn one of the Dragun's Machine Gunner knives into the Jammed version. The fight'd been going pretty well up 'til that point. But, with no blanks remaining (i'd kinda panic-used them earlier), and my blessed gun suddenly turning into something pretty low powered...yeah...the fight didn't go nearly so well from then on out.

*sigh*

Was really hoping to get the Pilot's past kill in, too (well, anyone's would be fine, but i play Pilot pretty exclusively on the Blessed Runs).

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Blessed mode is pretty bad, what with the random guns 99% of the time being bad/low power ones. I really suggest Convict for blessed mode.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    i was thinking of using it to knock off the Forge's Elevator Man quest. Seeing as you can't hold any gun you pick up, there's less pressure to use keys. Lockpick is only a 50/50 chance, but if you manage to net the Item from the floor (as opposed to the gun), you're already ahead. i've actually had two runs now with 6keys and close to enough credits by The Hollow. 'course, getting through the Hollow is something i've only done a handful of times, even on regular runs.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    Austin (Last_Grey_Wolf) just nailed his 100 streak (lich kills) in this game. Was a pretty good watch - there was a dev in the chat answering questions. It's probably part of his most recent VOD, but it's been pretty incredible consistency over the last few months.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I just had the most incredible run, on the Pilot of all people, who is the last of the original four for whom I haven't killed the past.

On the first floor I found a black chest, and inside it was the Gundromeda Strain which I'd never found before. The first floor shopkeeper also had a Sling for sale. With those two items combined, I annihilated the Bullet Brothers and got the first chamber bonus heart. On the second floor, I found the Alpha Bullets AND a Winchester Rifle AND the Corsair gun. I have never felt so unstoppable in this game as I did firing Alpha'd Corsair rounds into rooms full of weakened enemies, then switching to the Winchester Rifle to pop off high priority targets.

Somewhere on the 3rd and 4th chambers I found the Portable Turret active item and the Wolf handkerchief. Somewhere on the 5th chamber I found the Pink Guon Stone, and I bought Ghost Bullets from the Forge lady. I've never had an easier Dragun fight, each Sling shot was doing so much damage, multiple times per shot, with the Wolf and my Turret chewing away at his HP. It took just two cycles of his final phase to finish him off.

I ran up past him towards the chest, retrieved the gun and prepared myself to go into the Pilot's past and
    I FORGOT TO ASK THE FORGE LADY FOR THE GODDAMNED BULLET OMG. FUCK. MY. LIFE.

Apparently, there's no visual difference between preparing to shoot yourself with the bullet and without the bullet. I can't believe I spoiled that incredible run by goofing up so noobishly. That's probably the best run I ever had.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Gundromeda Strain is an excellent item, i know i was carrying it for my one Dragun win, as well as my closest "goddamnit how am i out of bullets for everything" almost Dragun win.

On my end, i have discovered i suffer from a terrible affliction, "i can't help but brick the 4th chamber"-itis. Symptoms include (but are not limited to): Blowing all your goddamned hearts but maybe one or two on the boss; rolling some of the best guns in the game, and not being able to hit a thing; and walking into every stupid bullet flying about. i was thinking of consulting a doctor, but maybe i'll just do some shortcut runs to get a better feel for it.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    The Seven-Leaf Clover is a hell of a thing to find at the very start of a Pilot run. About to fight whatever the chamber three boss is and I already have the Fightsaber, the RC Rocket and Electrified Bullets (which are kinda meh?)

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Is the corsair gun that good? I found it once but wasn't really able to figure it out.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Corsair is okay for room clearing and Ammoconda.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    The Seven-Leaf Clover is a hell of a thing to find at the very start of a Pilot run. About to fight whatever the chamber three boss is and I already have the Fightsaber, the RC Rocket and Electrified Bullets (which are kinda meh?)

Bundle of Wands and the Fightsaber carried me pretty hard on this run. Honorable mentions to Proton Backpack and the AWP, the latter of which I only found right before the Dragun.

Didn't actually find any other guns, most of the chests had passives. Gun Soul, Green Guon, Mimic Tooth necklace (Red Mimics are crazy, never saw a Black one)

• Options
    The shock bullets are pretty great with high output/spread.

steam_sig.png

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
  • Options
    Yeah, I just didn't have anything really like that to benefit from them. I had to make the Fightsaber ammo last for four floors.

In other news, the Pilot's past; HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT COMING? WHY DID I SAVE THIS GUY FOR LAST?

Best Past Ever.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    goddammit, game, stop giving me benefit-on-taking-damage items

is there even any degenerate health-loopholes in this game like there are in Isaac that makes those items even remotely worthwhile?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It is much, much easier to break Isaac over your knee through item combinations than this one.

Generally you will not find any item synergies that make you completely unstoppable, as in literally invincible, in this game.

• Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    There's a couple, but they all usually involve high curse, which has its own set of problems.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    Reminds me of the time NL had a run where he got the blank-on-active-use familiar with the compass on the first floor, and proceeded to lose

that was a fun comments section

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Is it possible to revisit the past if you don't fail at it? A couple of them were really fun.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Ooooh, just unlocked the elephant gun and picked it up on a hunter run. It's pretty interesting, and I get to roleplay using it!

Edit: Oh my god, bouncy bullets + backwards gun. That's amazing, AND it works on the trickshot challenge! First time I've hit all four.

HOLY SHIT IT GAVE ME THE FIGHTSABER.

HOLY SHIT I IMMEDIATELY DIED TO CANNONBALROG I'M BAD.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Can there please be a mode where I just practice Dragun's second phase? Because that should be literally the easiest thing in the game yet I just took three damage on it and died when I had just finished the bullet for the first time.

It's so stupid because it's not an interesting phase at all--it's just tedious with how long it takes the heart to die--and it's not even a testament to skill, it's a testament to not fucking up, which I apparently can't do. And I can't even save myself with blanks because you never know if you'll fuck up a roll and need it until you've already taken damage!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Bought this during the summer sale and started playing it yesterday. It's pretty fun! I got to level 5 today almost entirely on the strength of the Particulator. Ended up perfecting the tank boss because of it since I never had to be in LoS to hurt it. Ended up dying pretty quick in the 5th level since I had no idea what was going on with the enemies and only had 1 hp because I had never fought the kill pillars or whatever it was before and they dunked on me hard.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Bought this during the summer sale and started playing it yesterday. It's pretty fun! I got to level 5 today almost entirely on the strength of the Particulator. Ended up perfecting the tank boss because of it since I never had to be in LoS to hurt it. Ended up dying pretty quick in the 5th level since I had no idea what was going on with the enemies and only had 1 hp because I had never fought the kill pillars or whatever it was before and they dunked on me hard.

Yeah, Kill Pillars and Wallmonger on the 4th floor are also giving me huge trouble now, which is weird because I've been okay at them before. And I'm dying to the dragon a bunch now.

I think I just magically forgot how to dodge bullet swarms the moment I completed the bullet.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Upside: Backup Gun + Double Vision + Corsair is both hilarious and great at killing bosses.

Downside: It's impossible to flawless because you can't see shit.

edit: First past kill! That combo did let me flawless the Treadnaught because I didn't need to be anywhere remotely near it which is the key for that fight, and it did pretty quick work of the Dragun even though I couldn't dodge at all. Finished up barely beating
    Hunter's past because the vertical lines just screwed me up so hard. Right at the end I missed losing my last half heart to one of those lines by like a pixel.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    While not officially out yet here's your 1.1 notes.

Now, patch notes:
    Major
    Upgraded Unity (game engine) and Wwise (sound engine) in an effort to increase compatibility
    Improved VRAM usage (should prevent some crash bugs)
    Improvements
    Added a more reliable way to encounter Brother Albern and his Lies
    Brother Albern's chest can no longer spawn as a Mimic or have a fuse
    Flying players can now access the maintenance room (for unlocking shortcuts)
    Revamped the Duct Tape item; the item now must be activated twice to be used (once on each gun to combine), and the UI properly reflects taped guns' status
    Improved the Yari's damage output to bosses
    You can now quick reload with the Cog of Battle by simply clicking the "Fire" button
    Corpses will no longer vanish on low quality settings if the player has the Melted Rock
    Players can no longer take fire damage while in a conversation
    Improved the Big Boy item
    Greatly improved the Flame Hand
    The Gunboots' shots will no longer be blocked by orbitals
    Added a failsafe to the Gun That Can Kill The Past--if mouse clicks are not registering, it can now be fired by holding the interact key.
    Forge Hammers and the Ammoconda's turrets are now affected by the Aged Bell
    The iBomb Companion App should now destroy all enemy exploding projectiles when activated
    Flipping tables near barrels will no longer destroy the barrel (this was especially annoying for the water barrel on the first floor)
    Made bouncing bullets more consistent; all bullets that reflect off walls should have a consistent visual trail, which disappears when no bounces remain
    Pressing Left Alt no longer makes the game blurry (... lol)
    Bouncing/spawning projectiles that hit player orbitals will no longer bounce/explode (this was causing some unfair damage)
    The Bullet Bore can now kill Lead Maidens
    Gave the RC rockets a very small delay before tracking to reduce rocket overlap
    Button presses that close the pause menu are no longer registered in game as well (which could cause players to accidentally purchase shop items, etc.)
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed multiple situations where chests could drop items into pits
    Fixed a bug where killing Mimics in hallways could cause all kinds of strange behavior
    Fixed a bug which was preventing the Enraging Photo and Battery Bullets from dropping once unlocked
    Fixed the Zilla Shotgun's ammo usage
    Fixed a crash during dungeon generation caused by the Sense of Direction
    Fixed a bug which could cause secondary merchants to have fewer (or no) items for sale
    Fixed an issue where the secret characters had 1 less i-frame during their dodge roll
    Fixed a bug where falling into a pit with the Super Hot Watch resulted in a very long delay
    Fixed an issue where followers wouldn't shoot mimics if they left their initial room
    Fixed an issue that could prevent players from saving
    Fixed several issues caused by certain items combined with the Polaris
    The Metronome is no longer broken by gun swaps in Blessed Gun runs
    Fixed an issue where the Gun Cultists had several unintended i-frames
    Fixed a bug where picking up the Bloodied Scarf while dodgerolling would break the game
    Fixed several issues with the <REDACTED> fight (final final final boss)
    Phase 1/2: Fixed a freeze caused by having a dead player in co-op
    Phase 2: Fixed a freeze caused by falling into the pit during the transition
    Phase 3: Fixed a bug where the boss could hit players with a seemingly invisible bullet
    Phase 3: Fixed a bug where the circular attack could be entirely removed with a few small explosions
    Fixed a bug where dying in the mine cart with a gun soul caused control issues
    Fixed (another) issue where players could become stuck while talking to the dying cop
    Fixed a visual issue with jammed bullets while using Fast Scaling mode
    Fixed a bug caused by blowing up the mirror chest
    Fixed an audio bug caused by chests with fuses
    Fixed several bugs involving the transition to the second secret level
    Fixed a UI bug where picking and dropping guns with infinite ammo would cause the ammo count to drift to the left
    Fixed an issue where the Lost Adventurer dialogue could be interrupted in co-op
    Fixed a bug caused by spamming the Use key with the Air Strike item
    Fixed an issue where the Revolvenant's arm bullets could be stuck in an attack
    Fixed a bug where the Kill Pillars could be killed from outside the boss room with certain weapons
    Fixed a bug where minecarts would move forever if the enemy in them was killed by being frozen
    Fixed misleading UI when resetting the save progress for Slot D
    Fixed a bug where Mimics would drop double loot when pushed into a pit
    Fixed a strange issue where using an ice weapon with Exploding Bullets would cause all future explosions to freeze
    Fixed a UI bug caused by items that increase the player's ammo capacity
    Fixed a bug where teleporters could spawn outside of room bounds
    Fixed an issue where the Frifle hunt achievement would unlock one step early
    Fixed a bug where getting the Mimic Tooth Necklace could cause visual glitches on chests that have already been destroyed
    Fixed an issue where RPG missiles would travel directly through a certain secret wall on the first floor
    Fixed a minor visual bug in the Sorceress's room
    Fixed a bug which could prevent Mimic's from animating (while still hidden)
    Quite possibly a few more that we've missed... we've tried to include everything in these notes though.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    That's actually a really nice list of changes. Some of those fixes are pretty good and making the flame hand non-shit is fantastic. Especially with how often I manage to pick that damn thing up from somewhere.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Man, do I hope the content update fixes the Kill Pillars attacks and animations desynching. Would have gotten the flawless 5 floors cheevo if not for that throwing me dodges off.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I can barely get to the second level of this game, lol. Loving it still.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    yo tho

fuck ammoconda

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    He's the worst of the floor 2 bosses. Beholster's constant spawns are annoying, but Ammoconda is too unpredictable.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    zoom the camera out like 20% more during the fight and it'd be way better

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Got a Pilot Hell run, based first floor Gunther.

And it gets sillier from there.

Also #fuckammoconda

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdCXNu5e-k&quot;

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Hey so you guys know those annoying horizontal attacks the Dragun and Lich second phase do that people usually just blank away because otherwise you're basically guarunteed to get hit?

I JUST FUCKING REALIZED YOU CAN AVOID THEM ENTIRELY WITH WAX WINGS, BY FLYING ABOVE THE PITS.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

(would have 100% had a lich kill there, had a great first floor mimic friendship + mimic tooth and floor 2 ring of chest friendship which actually gave me like 6 chests or something, it was insane)

(also hip holster is a fucking BUSTED item, got it on hell and it made hexagun and stinger GODLY)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    okay what

I was fighting canonbalrog with the RC rocket. all was going well. I dodgeroll the last bullet as I guide the last rocket to kill him.

I see the screen flash from taking damage. I'm like "what the fuck?!?!" and... the game freezes.

I can clearly see myself in the middle of the roll animation, somehow having taken damage. It's like the game can't process the fact that I took damage at the literal last second of the fight. It unfroze when I clicked and I didn't get my master round.

Dangit.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ErlecErlec Registered User regular
    The Horizontal attack from the Dragun I've often just avoided by sticking to one of the lower corners (letting you avoid the bullets on one side) and rolling against the corner if one of the bullets from the other side hits you. Not had that much experience playing with lich yet, But getting better at reaching the stage with different characters.

Since my last post I've been playing other games, taken a break, etc. I've unlocked
    Bullet guy with finishing the dungeon with him
    , all the guns including the 100 $ microtranscation gun + mastery guns and mixing between doing normal runs and 100 % jammed ones. Still love the game, and it might be one of my favorite ones for 2016.

(also hate the bosses who have very random bullet spread) :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah. I can handle twitchy movement so long as there's some pattern to it. Friggin High Priest.

Also that's the fourth time I've gotten to the Dragun and blown a perfect run. Double Vision and Yari Launcher was so much fun. :(

QPPHj1J.jpg