Options

[Steam] Thread: Summer Sale is overrrrrr

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Stardew Valley, noted backlog inflater, is very good.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Renowned Explorers is also very good. Super difficult, but I like the way the combat works.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I ended up with
    Punch Club
    Darkest Dungeon
    Invisible Inc.
    Firewatch
    And a potentially-janky looking game called Bloodlust: Shadowhunter.

Punch Club is a bit more fiddly than I was hoping, but it was only $2.50.

captaink on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I have a strong eye on Total Warhammer but 80 bucks is steep when you're not absolutely certain you'll like a game.

• Options
    Total Warhammer is a game that makes me go "I wish I was good at any part of the Total War games so I could justify getting that."

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I have a strong eye on Total Warhammer but 80 bucks is steep when you're not absolutely certain you'll like a game.

Same. Especially since I have a rocky (to put it generously) history with those games.

Gonna wait for a sale even if it takes a year or two.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I bought TW and refunded it almost immediately. Just way too much shit going on for me to keep track of.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Buy -> try for an hour and a half -> refund if need be?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I am actually not the worst at the real time parts of total war but the turn based parts wreck me every time.

• Options
    I just found out that one of the unit types is called a WAAAAAAGH!

sold.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    LHHXgtb.png

GMG has voucher code JULY23 still active, takes 23% off Total Warhammer, should work for other games too.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/total-war-warhammer/

• Options
    July 23? That's my birthday!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    MAN I wish I had a machine capable of Total Warhammer, I've put obscene hours into Medieval 2 and I loved the Dawn of War games

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Renowned Explorers is also very good. Super difficult, but I like the way the combat works.

Yeah, I've been playing it all weekend and I'm not sure I've finished a campaign yet.

If the enemies pretty much ever focus fire on one of your characters, he's gonna get dropped.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I only picked up rebel galaxy, but I also got original sin and original doom off gog this year

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah, I've been playing it all weekend and I'm not sure I've finished a campaign yet.

If the enemies pretty much ever focus fire on one of your characters, he's gonna get dropped.

You seem to really need to know how to manage the whole emotion/attitude thing. And also be able to monitor resolve, because I totally lost a mission right before I won because one of my people died and I didn't realize my resolve was at 1.

Still, it's super charming, and the expansion adding campfire stories is pretty neat.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The Judge wrote: »
    I only snag 2-3 things during sales so as not to murder my backlog or wallet.

'16 Summer pickups: Pillars of Eternity. Renowned Explorers. Stardew Valley.

Verdict after three to six hours invested into each of them: this was a wonderful haul.

At first I read this as a single game title and thought they had all come together to take away every second of free time I'll ever have.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    This is probably the first summer sale where I didn't get a single thing.

You'd think having a new job means I'd be more eager to spend on games, but it actually ended up the opposite: time and money are things I'm holding dearly now, so I just didn't see anything that made me want to put the time down in addition to the money.

I also continue to blame Overwatch. I just haven't been able to shake it off.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

You seem to really need to know how to manage the whole emotion/attitude thing. And also be able to monitor resolve, because I totally lost a mission right before I won because one of my people died and I didn't realize my resolve was at 1.

Still, it's super charming, and the expansion adding campfire stories is pretty neat.

Yeah. I'm considering picking up that expansion; I've sunk enough time into the game already to justify it.

I wish the various adventures were slightly more random. Like, it's always the same three to choose from at first, and the end boss always plays pretty much the same. Yeah, your party composition can fuck around with that, as enemies react to your strategies, but fundamentally they're all pretty similar.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Rebel Galaxy, Beginner's Guide, Doom (2016), and Life is Strange 2-5. Pretty good sale all told.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I only got The Long Dark, Quake 2, and a copy of Victor Vran for my fiancee.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I just found out that one of the unit types is called a WAAAAAAGH!

sold.

The orkz are so much fun to play

The waaagh spawns if you win enough battles and its a free army that follows yours around so very very early you will have 40 units vs maybe 20

Its so good

Its probably my favourite game this year? And thats saying a lot cause 2016 is stacked

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I bought two games this sale, both of which I beat before the sale ended.

My backlog is ridiculous and filled with things that were "That looked neat on that Giant Bomb quicklook" or "A lot of people were talking about this game!" that I realized I'm just not into, so I've cut back on buying games unless they REALLY peak my interest.

• Options
    Orkz also have thematically and literally the best artillery goblin doom divers which is a catapault that shoots goblins wearing wings who destroy everything they run into

And you can fire the artillery manually and since the goblins have wings you can manually fly them into stuff

It is awesome

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    @Darth Waiter I thought you should know this

I just unlocked a new power in Shadow of Mordor

Now, if I want, I can drain an orc twice in a row from a distance, which makes their head explode.

I assume you will want this power as soon as possible.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Green Man Gaming is having a mystery game deal where you give them 20 cents and they'll give you a random game. A guy got Black Ops 2 in the G&T Steam thread, prompting a bunch of us to try our luck and we all pretty much got crap. Still, I probably got 20 cents of enjoyment from seeing how crap the thing I got was, so I'd say it was worth it.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/mystery-pack-1-pack/

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    got neon space

save 79 cents I guess

• Options
    I got whatever gun monkeys is.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I feel dumb. How do I redeem the code?

it looks like it's for something called City of Chains. When I go to the store page, the 'buy now' button instead reads 'coming soon'. The release date is shown to be last year.

I'm super confused by the whole process

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Go to the games menu and select "activate a product on steam"

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The bottom left corner of Steam.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    oh, durr

managed to strip off the first character during my copy-paste

... I mentioned I was feeling dumb, yes?

edit: oh, look at that. I half-considered buying this during the sale.

Tamin on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Rise of tomb Raider, Battlefleet gothic and Xcom2 were games I kind of wanted but I felt I will wait and see for various reasons
    Xcom2 was due to being forced to get the digital deluxe for the reinforcement pack for a few more dollars was the reason I passed on it, The DLC for Space Marines for battlefleet. And I really never got around to playing Tomb Raider from when I picked up.
    I know my backlog is huge and I really did not want to add to it anymore

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Hah, got something I'd already bought during a steam sale however long ago. Anyone want a code for Steel Storm?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    do they have those available all the time? says regular price is $1

• Options
    Any reasons why I shouldn't start Total Warhammer as the draculas?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the little footage of the campaigns I've seen showed the dracula campaign tutorializing the basic "how you play this game" stuff so that seems like a safe bet for first race to play

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the little footage of the campaigns I've seen showed the dracula campaign tutorializing the basic "how you play this game" stuff so that seems like a safe bet for first race to play

each race has tutorial stuff

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    oh I see it only has a stock of 1

I got blowy fish. enjoy being the only game in my steam library I never play

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Any reasons why I shouldn't start Total Warhammer as the draculas?

Nope! Its a tiny bit harder to expand but not to drastic.

Raise dead is your friend dint be afraid to lose armies because you can instantly raise a new army before the turn ends. More useful early game but still real good. And by army I mean units and its based off how stuff has died in the region.

Pick Manfred everything Himmler does he does better and he gets sick ass mounts Himmler has to walk likr a chump. And you can recruit him later anyways.

Each race has its own problems to deal with and all have tutorials and stuff can really go wrong. They call dwarves easy but if you have to fight a WAAAGH! Your in for one hell of a ride.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
This discussion has been closed.