As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Summer Sale is overrrrrr

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The forces of chaos can lick my taint

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    finished off rebel galaxy. had my sturville for the entire game except the final mission where I bought a blackgate just to see what it would be like to have ALL THE BROADSIDES

turns out neutron beams have more range than anything else the enemy ship has

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The forces of chaos can lick my taint

Even on easy, Chaos is some real fuckers

With vampires at least when you inevitably lose two entire armies, you can just raise dead at the battle site and get them all back

But you really need that cash in reserve for when Chaos comes around

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    God fucking damn it. I have nothing else to do in the game now except this stupid mission.

I just can't do this one at all. The things in games that piss me off the most are escourt missions and time limits.

And this is fucking BOTH. I quit. Fuck this DLC entirely, then.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    So you know that Green Man Gaming 20 cent thing from a few days ago? I went in for one, and I got Zack Zero.... which I already have from the LAST TIME they did a random-game-for-a-few-cents thing.

So, anybody want a code for this?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    God fucking damn it. I have nothing else to do in the game now except this stupid mission.

I just can't do this one at all. The things in games that piss me off the most are escourt missions and time limits.

And this is fucking BOTH. I quit. Fuck this DLC entirely, then.

I think I did that one by just branding every orc I could, even after the countdown started.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I was doing nothing BUT branding orcs the entire time.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Which dlc was it?

EDIT: Just looked it up. You're making liberal use of the AOE brand power, right?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    As I said, I can barely even get to phase 2 without using the ring, which leaves me unable to use it once the timer is done, because I lose too many orcs (failing phase 2) before I can activate it again.

At one point I went from 15 orcs to 6 in seconds.

Goatmon on

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I bought Broforce as it was on sale.

Gonna start randomly yelling Broforce at my girlfriend as I play it.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Playing as Chaos in Total Warhammer.

Basically having your lord act as your city is kinda neat.

Building up your horde is kinda pain since you eventually run out of easy settlements to raze.

Also I pissed everyone off so much that two seperate kingdoms hunted me down in the middle of nowhere Norsca with multiple doomstacks.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    so I guess the real secret way to kill Lord British is to destroy his six phylacteries, huh

well, I guess that's a more reliable method than a server glitch

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Never let a wizard get ahold of your blood.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Playing as Chaos in Total Warhammer.

Basically having your lord act as your city is kinda neat.

Building up your horde is kinda pain since you eventually run out of easy settlements to raze.

Also I pissed everyone off so much that two seperate kingdoms hunted me down in the middle of nowhere Norsca with multiple doomstacks.

I need this to go on sale so I can waaagh across the land. Does the tech tree include options for making my axes more choppy?

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    so I guess the real secret way to kill Lord British is to destroy his six phylacteries, huh

well, I guess that's a more reliable method than a server glitch

Just drop a sign on his head.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Fire seemed to work on him well enough.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Don't kink shame

• Options
    edited July 2016

He's already given away his name. Offering his blood is really just putting him at risk to wizards that are also lazy.

Goatmon on

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

The trick is to just get some off the party's clothes before the cleric heals them!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Right now on twitch.tv/HyperRPG they're doing a 12 hr Necropolis co-op death jam with teams of four. They're also giving away a Steam key every 5 new subscribers (open to everyone)

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    So thanks to you guys I'm playing more Recettear than Street Fighter 5. I'm not complaining.

I managed to bungle the first loop, then
    Managed to eke out payment for the P200,000. Now I'm staring at the P500,000 payment in six days and I can't conceivably pay it this loop, so what's a good way to spend a week in preparation for loop 3? What items should I be looking for? (Besides Calliou the mage boy's ingredients requirements).

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    boy richard garriot will sell anything to get into space huh

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    So thanks to you guys I'm playing more Recettear than Street Fighter 5. I'm not complaining.

Managed to eke out payment for the P200,000. Now I'm staring at the P500,000 payment in six days and I can't conceivably pay it this loop, so what's a good way to spend a week in preparation for loop 3? What items should I be looking for? (Besides Calliou the mage boy's ingredients requirements).

Been a while since I played, but I believe
    the boy mage becomes a powerhouse in the third/fourth loop. So definitely focus on him.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options

get your market level up so you can buy goods off other people, you make a ton off that

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Finished INSIDE today. It bears the same really cool settings and art that Limbo had, but it's got more of a spooky vibe. I really only have one complaint: there were some kookie/buggy lighting bits, like light would shine through a solid door in one spot, or it would suddenly cut off in a weird way in certain parts.
    Otherwise it's very good and the puzzles are satisfying to solve, and none were super challenging.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I've never failed a loop in my Recettear in my couple playthroughs, always managed to just scrape by. That said, I definitely save scummed dungeon runs if I ever died, so that helped

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

get your market level up so you can buy goods off other people, you make a ton off that

I'm at Level 20-odd already, so I have that ability now. Should I buy everything they're offering? No one's ever wanted to buy those stupid treasures they pawn off me.

Current set up:
    - two Store upgrades (2nd window + tables)
    - two vending machines (the cheapest ones, 6 slots each)
    - 3rd rank fusion at the guild available
    - poor swordsman, thief, mage boy, naginata lady, puncher unlocked (though I understand I'd have to unlock them again, but they have their levels upped)
    - Amber garden (the 2nd dungeon) unlocked. Haven't reached the last floor yet.
    - Pretty sure I got every customer to <3 at least once already, so that's a budget increase.

• Options
    I've forgotten the finer details now, but I think it's mostly just sell things for huge markups on price booms. I paid off the debt in one go but that was a long time ago

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It's pretty awesome that there's an "Infinite Ammo" checkbox in Resident Evil 6, for whenever you actually unlock that feature for a weapon or two. Well, except they don't actually tell you that and just checking the box without the requisite skills does nothing.

Whoops!

sig.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Almost pushed the button on a Vive purchase, but reason won the battle. I might get a gearvr as a holdover though, because I just got this galaxy s7 and holy shit do I want to play some VR Eve games.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't play Resident Evil 6 by chapter, or until I think I've gotten to a point where it's time to stop. I just play until I ragequit from some dumb bullshit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Are they the ones whose drumsticks cause brains to stop ticking

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    the company that bought them is called Leyou

2Lhfx9zl.jpg

http://www.leyou.com.cn/ seems to be more associated with babies than chicken

and we all know babies love brink

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Now that I think about it, I'm actually kind of surprised that there's not more giant widely-diversified conglomerates buying into games development in the west. Or diversifying into/buying into media creation business in general.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    well there's vivendi

4RBrJvNl.jpg

although their site at least has the words "video games" on it

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Are they the ones whose drumsticks cause brains to stop ticking

What...what?!