As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I would do anything for [Love], but I won't do that

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Rabb.it ain't the same as a regular conversation though, really

For my especially due to shit tech, but even then, different from being at the pub

oh yeah, sir fab was there, but couldn't really talk due to lag. I mean, we were drinking beer though, so it was sort of like the pub. It was like a loud shitty bar, where half the people can't hear.

And sometimes people suddenly drop out of existence for extended periods of time. Y'know, just like at the pub.

And also I was folding my laundry, just like at the pub!
    Liiya wrote: »
    Is it bad if he loves his work? I guess there is a line. I'm very dull without my work I fear, I use it rather as a shield, maybe he is doing that?

You aren't dull at all! You're a great conversationalist! Very good company

Thanks chuck, thats actually quite reassuring to know.

No trouble! You're very chatty in the best of ways, so don't worry at all.

She is? I don't think she spoke a peep on Rabb.it last time. Lots of architectural style workings it looked like. It was just me and Bagel shouting at each other.

Speaking of I liked our TRL experience last time bagel, tofys, plat, et al. (I'm totally forgetting people.) Would do again.

We should do a themed music night. 80's night. I vote 80's night.

Look, Liiya's very important and it takes the likes of Solar to get her full undivided attention. I, for one, was just happy to see her.

Don't worry I'll take one for the team and talk to you.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Dear Secret British Thread,

Today I made a cup of tea with PG Tips, which is apparently hot garbage by English standards even though it's from the UK, but it's all we get over here in most stores unless you want to pay a ridiculous amount at Teavana or some other specialty shit. It's a dark tea and I like a little sugar with it, but I wasn't really paying attention to my muscle memory and my subconscious brain decided to put creamer in it like I do with my coffee.

(This is the part where @Liiya starts screaming to wake the neighbors.)

Now, I started drinking coffee on the regular when I was eighteen and in the restaurant industry but really stepped up my flavor game in the military since chow hall coffee is basically roofing tar. So I used a lot of sugar and a lot of cream.

(The screaming has now driven dolphins in the North Atlantic into a mad frenzy.)

But, I like to get fancy with my coffee because I'm a delicate, special snowflake and I used french vanilla creamer.

(Can you hear that? That's the sound of glass shattering in India.)

It tasted terrible so I threw it out and made another hot beverage, coffee this time, because that's apparently what I really wanted all along.

The coffee is good this way; thank you for reading and remember to sweep up any broken glass in your home.

Yours Truly,

Darth Waiter
    Ruiner of Glass
    Destroyer of Hope
    17th Earl of What-In-the-Actual-Fuckenshire

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Is it bad if he loves his work? I guess there is a line. I'm very dull without my work I fear, I use it rather as a shield, maybe he is doing that?

You aren't dull at all! You're a great conversationalist! Very good company

Thanks chuck, thats actually quite reassuring to know.

No trouble! You're very chatty in the best of ways, so don't worry at all.

She is? I don't think she spoke a peep on Rabb.it last time. Lots of architectural style workings it looked like. It was just me and Bagel shouting at each other.

Speaking of I liked our TRL experience last time bagel, tofys, plat, et al. (I'm totally forgetting people.) Would do again.

We should do a themed music night. 80's night. I vote 80's night.

Look, Liiya's very important and it takes the likes of Solar to get her full undivided attention. I, for one, was just happy to see her.

Oh I dunno that I'm anything special, really

I just like a good chat, and you get a good chat off L

Solar on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    You

monster!! That sounds bloody awful!

(I drink PG Tips, I like it :D )

edit: Solar is very easy to talk to, plus I've known him for years. Thats why conversation is easy!

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    They provide PG Tips at work

but I only drink coffee at work so

my manager actually bought me a tin of cafe azera this morning to say thanks for recent hard graft

so I had Christ knows how many mugs today and I felt a bit twitchy after six I'll tell you that

just love that stuff so much

Solar on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I love

this pea soup.

I am dipping bread and a leftover chicken burger into it and I am going to marry this soup.

• Options
    Also the new woman at work is doing great and is really nice etc

real shame that I met her through work tbh because she's exactly the kind of person I'd ask out but hey ho

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    DW (also the rest of the secret British/Tea thread) do you like barley tea?
    I first tried it a local Korean place and I really like it. I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells single serving sizes though. They all assume you're making a whole pot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Twinings! HEB has Twinings.
    also, i have heard mostly negative things about Teavana -- overpriced, pushy sales, and bad to employees

having most recently worked in a teashop, i have opinions (strongly held, but also facetious), but i feel like half & half / creamer is best with coffee and chai, since it coats your tongue and balances out harshness without overpowering those flavors. milk alternatives (soy for green, almond for black & red) and <=2% are acceptable in or enhance most teas, but oolongs and whites are best straight up. (most greens, too -- i was regularly aghast at people asking for milk for their gyokuros, fukamushis, and oh my heart.) i've enjoyed milk in a puerh, but i like weird combos. lemon with an iced green is also pretty good, if you're adulterating freely.

tofystedeth, can you not find it loose? you can always make yourself single-serve bags, if you're into that. i believe it's more popular as iced tea, which is why the bags are portioned like that. i assume you've had these, but just in case: you might also like houijicha (roasted tea) and genmaicha (typically, houjicha + toasted rice), but they do have a bit of caffeine.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    You do what you gotta do DW.

But just so we are clear. Never make a coffee for me.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    @Tofystedeth I only just realised that your username is NOT Toysofdeath and this is disappointing me so hard.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    My friend messaged me again

"Apr 21 12:34 am

Can I ask if you are submissive or believe in equality?"

I'm not sure if he thinks it's an either/or situation.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Maybe he means it in a biblical sense.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    I first tried it a local Korean place and I really like it. I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells single serving sizes though. They all assume you're making a whole pot.

I'm usually one cup at a time and brewing a whole pot means it will get cold before I finish it; my K-cup machine has spoiled me.

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    On and on he goes.

"Apr 21 12:46 am

Im experienced a bit so things easier on my end. Do you know your treshold of pain yet?

Apr 21 12:51 am

I wish you could come over now . We couid have good fun . You'd be in the right hands"

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    That guy sounds like every incompetent Tumblr dom whose posts I have the misfortune of seeing reblogged.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

I like Barley wine. Does that count? Very strange. Tasty though.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Hey yo you can buy these in individual teabags at the Korean grocery store!

Soooo find a Korean grocery store! It will look liiiike uhhh

the top left one

Also I bet you'd like corn silk tea, too! It's the best when you don't want water but also don't want sweet or caffeine.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DO YOU KNOW YOUR THRESHOLD OF PAIN

I WILL SHOW YOU

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I missed Ange's earlier post and was like

WHOA

WHOA DUDE IT'S JUST TEA

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @Solar I like the title of this thread. Sassori Seal of Approval

The boyfriend and I are hanging out on the couch singing along to Little Shop of Horrors and enjoying some alone time. :)

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Sassori wrote: »
    @Solar I like the title of this thread. Sassori Seal of Approval

The boyfriend and I are hanging out on the couch singing along to Little Shop of Horrors and enjoying some alone time. :)

YES!

My favorite musical (after Rocky Horror)!

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GavFrZPKoU&amp;index=3&amp;list=PLAi7lxbSjXnZBCs0Z9a0KwRqsNSlWa3aJ

Xaquin on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I think these two kids at the cafe are on a first date.

I want to believe that they will prevail. But I have seen what is to come. I know what down that road lies. And I weep for them.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I looooove watching people on first dates. I also like guessing how long people have been together.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ahh yes, I remember my first date.

Sand dumped in my hair at recess.

Totally not touching toes under the desk during history class.

Sharing a melted mars bar in the middle of the school oval at lunch.

Siiiiigh

• Options
    Well. I feel kinda bad.

I'm sitting down drawing at the aforementioned cafe and a girl sat down across from me. After a while she asks me what I'm drawing. I tell her I'm just doodling around and I notice she's sketching as well so I'm like hey what are you drawing?

She was drawing me. I was like oh.

Oooooh

She got up and sat next to me and we talked and I feel like a did a valiant job at not seeming like I was trying to brush her off and was very friendly (which is hard for me to do, just cause I'm bad at talking to people I don't know so I can come off as kind of brusk) but the conversation eventually started to dwindle a bit and I pulled the whole, oh its getting late I need to head home thing. "Good meeting you's" were exchanged and I got up and left but she definitely seemed a bit deflated and blah I hope I didn't hurt her feelings or anything.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I missed Ange's earlier post and was like

WHOA

WHOA DUDE IT'S JUST TEA

Oh good lord, I needed a laugh like that. :)

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Well. I feel kinda bad.

I'm sitting down drawing at the aforementioned cafe and a girl sat down across from me. After a while she asks me what I'm drawing. I tell her I'm just doodling around and I notice she's sketching as well so I'm like hey what are you drawing?

Oooooh

She got up and sat next to me and we talked and I feel like a did a valiant job at not seeming like I was trying to brush her off and was very friendly (which is hard for me to do, just cause I'm bad at talking to people I don't know so I can come off as kind of brusk) but the conversation eventually started to dwindle a bit and I pulled the whole, oh its getting late I need to head home thing. "Good meeting you's" were exchanged and I got up and left but she definitely seemed a bit deflated and blah I hope I didn't hurt her feelings or anything.

Maybe it's just my creeper radar being a bit wonky, but it seems like you dodged a bullet here.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really do wonder if I have been doing it wrong in talking to women
    I know I got jumped all over once for saying there is nothing wrong with being friends to women if you both share interests long ago
    But how hard is it to talk to them about stuff or like a human being with their own thoughts and interests.

• Options
    Umm

Hmm

Well speaking from the opposite side I seem to do alright talking to men like they're people, I dunno

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Well. I feel kinda bad.

Oooooh

Maybe it's just my creeper radar being a bit wonky, but it seems like you dodged a bullet here.

I mean, sketching random people is kind of a thing artists will do. But you generally don't show that person you were drawing them. She seemed lovely but definitely a bit awkward and it felt like she was trying to swing it a way I really did not want it to swing.

Also, she looked like she might have been a good bit younger than me which is a whole 'nother thing and yeah man I peaced the fuck out.

Juggernut on
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Well. I feel kinda bad.

Oooooh

I mean, sketching random people is kind of a thing artists will do.

In other words artists try to steal people's souls through ink and graphite

Gotcha

• Options
    I am a dread pencilmancer.

• Options

Hey yo you can buy these in individual teabags at the Korean grocery store!

Soooo find a Korean grocery store! It will look liiiike uhhh

the top left one

Also I bet you'd like corn silk tea, too! It's the best when you don't want water but also don't want sweet or caffeine.

Unfortunately the closest thing to a specifically Korean store we have in Wichita (used to be owned by Koreans, now owned by a Chinese+Korean couple, has a Korean restaurant in it) is really tiny, 3 shelves, and only has the larger bags anymore. Before they changed owners they used to. I even checked in HMart last time i was dallas and couldn't find any. At least not that i could understand.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well you can keep your eyes peeled for that box next time! Or I'll let you know when I go shopping up north here next if I can find some. It'll be cheap.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    I have definitely seen that box. It may even be the one I purchased, though I could swear all the instruction pictures had pots instead of cups on them. I'll dig it out of my drawer at work and take a picture. I bought it with the intent to reportion it into smaller ones, but I'm ever so lazy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    The girl I'm seeing is up here for her job this week, and wanted to go swimming. Unfortunately, she left all her swimsuits in the city where she lives. So she goes to target and finds a rainbow swimsuit with a unicorn on it and has to have it, because i mean obviously. However it's only in kids sizes for some stupid reason! Like it fits barely and wouldn't be constant wardrobe malfunction risk if only she had 2 inches less of torso. Sad trombone.

So she got two and decided to make this an arts and craft project.
    This girl is pretty cool. <3<3<3

NeoToma on
  • Options
    I think you got a keeper, Rob.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I'm just popping in to say PG Tips is great,

y'all can do one if you disagree

Good morning everyone

• Options