Options

I would do anything for [Love], but I won't do that

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Ahh the old persist until you guilt trip and wear the person down technique.

But that's all that romcoms ever taught me about dating!?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    honovere wrote: »

Whats even worse it that it works.

edit: when you are young and impressionable mainly.

Liiya on
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular

Yeah I'll invite you to the wedding when I realise that he really loves me and I should be with him.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Angelina wrote: »

Yeah I'll invite you to the wedding when I realise that he really loves me and I should be with him.

It's not creepy or stalker behaviour if there's jaunty music playing as they do it!

edit: now I want to get a bunch of films about stalkers and replace the music.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I carry around the handy dandy Flirt Knob(tm).

It's a small, 15 inch pad that can attach easily to your fanny pack.

Simply turn the knob to "flirt" when you engage with an attractive person. If they turn their knob to "flirt" as well, wedding bells are in the future!
    If they turn their knob to "slug" then uh-oh! Looks like love's not in the cards today for you, Buster Brown.

Flirt Knob(tm): "Flirting Made Sensible"
    Flirt Knob expansion packs available in stores now.
    Batteries not included.

"Flirt Knob" sounds lewd as fuck

Because "fanny pack" doesn't??

Been hanging out with too many Brits for that one to not make me giggle now

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Usagi wrote: »
    I carry around the handy dandy Flirt Knob(tm).

It's a small, 15 inch pad that can attach easily to your fanny pack.

Simply turn the knob to "flirt" when you engage with an attractive person. If they turn their knob to "flirt" as well, wedding bells are in the future!
    If they turn their knob to "slug" then uh-oh! Looks like love's not in the cards today for you, Buster Brown.

Flirt Knob(tm): "Flirting Made Sensible"
    Flirt Knob expansion packs available in stores now.
    Batteries not included.

"Flirt Knob" sounds lewd as fuck

Because "fanny pack" doesn't??

Been hanging out with too many Brits for that one to not make me giggle now

Fanny pack is pretty funny too. I guess "flirt knob" caught me off guard is all.

Caught off-guard by Fab's flirt knob...

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I really do hate it when movies show romantic persistence despite a lack of reciprocal feelings as a virtue. I never really acted on those feelings as a teenager but I had them and it was fucked up, and it fucked me up.

These days I try very hard not to act in.the manner that, honestly? society raised me to. Feminism is basically my moral code re. all that these days and thank God it's there to tell me the best way to be.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    "Does the carpet match the curtains"

Ok, so we're all agreed that I'm basically a mental patient on extended shore leave, right? Ok.

So I'm hanging out with several coworkers after an asskicking Friday night shift and there's a desperate need for beers and shots because we're all ready to just start murdering customers. We walk across the street to our watering hole and make our way to the patio and start knocking them back. Most everyone of us was swing shift (open the joint, work through Happy Hour) and we're all just griping about how much we smell like sweat, spilled sodas, spilled beer and buffalo wing sauce; we've had it with life for the day and we were quite happy to be left the fuck alone.

Problem is, several of the cocktail waitresses were quite stunning and kept getting all kinds of the wrong attention (loud, drunk, obnoxious) from a couple of random assholes. The Curtain v. Drapes Question got asked and my brain just sort of ... split ... into several different parts, one of which took control of my mouth as I stepped in between my coworker and the douchebag:

"Well, since you asked so nicely, the short answer is Yes."

*stunned silence from everyone*

"The long answer is Sort-Of since I shave my head every other day, but my BALLS ONLY GET SHAVED TWICE A WEEK. I'D BE HAPPY TO SHOW YOU RIGHT NOW BUT I NEED AT LEAST TWO MORE SHOTS AND TWENTY DOLLARS BECAUSE I'M KINDA DRUNK BUT NOT DRUNK ENOUGH."

(The part with the all-caps is where I pitched my voice a little, not sure if that was obvious or not.)

• Options
    DW I am glad you exist. Never stop standing up for ladies, we could all do with one of you.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Deedubs, you're a prince

A crazy, half drunk prince, but a prince nonetheless

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Gotta ask though, did you get your two shots and a twenty?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Huh.
    I shave my head every other day too, but I only shave my balls twice a month.

I'm outclassed. :(

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I've stumbled across a profile of an American in London and I'm quite convinced he has copy and pasted his job profile onto his profile. I wish I could share it, he's had an impressive professional life, but I know nothing about him as a person.

Angelina on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I really do hate it when movies show romantic persistence despite a lack of reciprocal feelings as a virtue. I never really acted on those feelings as a teenager but I had them and it was fucked up, and it fucked me up.

These days I try very hard not to act in.the manner that, honestly? society raised me to. Feminism is basically my moral code re. all that these days and thank God it's there to tell me the best way to be.

Good Luck Chuck. Maybe the worst example I've ever seen. That movie hurt my brain. I don't think I'll ever recover.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Gotta ask though, did you get your two shots and a twenty?

No, sadly. He was too busy getting laughed at and tucking his tail between his legs.
    chromdom wrote: »
    Huh.
    I shave my head every other day too, but I only shave my balls twice a month.

I'm outclassed. :(

If you enjoy camping, fishing and hiking like me, it's just practical when you want to avoid ticks and chiggers, especially in Texas.

• Options
    I've stumbled across a profile of an American in London and I'm quite convinced he has copy and pasted his job profile onto his profile. I wish I could share it, he's had an impressive professional life, but I know nothing about him as a person.

Au contraire, I think that tells you a lot about him as a person.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The Curtain v. Drapes Question got asked

Now this just makes me think of some sort of precedent setting court case.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »

It might just tell me that he's crap about writing about himself and his personal life. But yeah, he loooves his work I think.

• Options

Right up there with
    United States V. Approximately 64,695 Pounds of Shark Fins

• Options

The People vs. Deez Nutz was a landmark case in New Hampshire but no, they're not related.

• Options
    Is it bad if he loves his work? I guess there is a line. I'm very dull without my work I fear, I use it rather as a shield, maybe he is doing that?

• Options
    Employee of the month for 4 months consecutively. Ladies.

• Options

It might just tell me that he's crap about writing about himself and his personal life. But yeah, he loooves his work I think.

I'm now picturing someone filling out their dating site profile like a CV, with a list of former partners, references, and qualifications.

forumsig.png
  • Options

I'm now picturing someone filling out their dating site profile like a CV, with a list of former partners, references, and qualifications.

I once wrote a reference for an ex to give to new partners as a joke between us, I wish I'd kept it as it was a work of art. Full of lies, but some of my best work.

• Options

Does he mention anything about avoiding dates during full moons?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Is it bad if he loves his work? I guess there is a line. I'm very dull without my work I fear, I use it rather as a shield, maybe he is doing that?

You aren't dull at all! You're a great conversationalist! Very good company

• Options
    edited April 2016

Thanks chuck, thats actually quite reassuring to know.

Liiya on
  • Options

Ah, so much like my actual resume, very sparse and generally lacking in content and qualifications.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

No trouble! You're very chatty in the best of ways, so don't worry at all.

• Options

Hooray? Hooray!

• Options

Ah, so much like my actual resume, very sparse and generally lacking in content and qualifications.

While mine would be one long entry and a whole lot of flimsy secondary credentials that I hope are of relevance and interest.

forumsig.png
  • Options

Hooray? Hooray!

Hooray¿

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hoo-ray, hoo-ray

• Options

She is? I don't think she spoke a peep on Rabb.it last time. Lots of architectural style workings it looked like. It was just me and Bagel shouting at each other.

Speaking of I liked our TRL experience last time bagel, tofys, plat, et al. (I'm totally forgetting people.) Would do again.

We should do a themed music night. 80's night. I vote 80's night.

• Options
    Rabb.it ain't the same as a regular conversation though, really

For my especially due to shit tech, but even then, different from being at the pub

• Options
    I am shy with people I don't know. And groups.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

She is? I don't think she spoke a peep on Rabb.it last time. Lots of architectural style workings it looked like. It was just me and Bagel shouting at each other.

Speaking of I liked our TRL experience last time bagel, tofys, plat, et al. (I'm totally forgetting people.) Would do again.

We should do a themed music night. 80's night. I vote 80's night.

Look, Liiya's very important and it takes the likes of Solar to get her full undivided attention. I, for one, was just happy to see her.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Tch.

• Options

For my especially due to shit tech, but even then, different from being at the pub

oh yeah, sir fab was there, but couldn't really talk due to lag. I mean, we were drinking beer though, so it was sort of like the pub. It was like a loud shitty bar, where half the people can't hear.

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

oh yeah, sir fab was there, but couldn't really talk due to lag. I mean, we were drinking beer though, so it was sort of like the pub. It was like a loud shitty bar, where half the people can't hear.

And sometimes people suddenly drop out of existence for extended periods of time. Y'know, just like at the pub.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.