As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    While we're complaining, I'm salty the shaman 3/2 is epic. We'll have to see how it shakes out, but the distribution of actually good cards seems significantly pushed up the rarity scale to me, compared to GvG and TGT.

Rogue has a 3/2 Legendary.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Dear God, Shaman in the Arena is going to be absolutely terrifying.

The 7/7 for 4 mana with 2 overload is a common! With the increased offering rate, you will probably be able to take as many of these as you want.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    While we're complaining, I'm salty the shaman 3/2 is epic. We'll have to see how it shakes out, but the distribution of actually good cards seems significantly pushed up the rarity scale to me, compared to GvG and TGT.

What? I'm talking about the dust cost of using good cards, not stats. Maybe that's why they're going more free stuff than in previous expansions, but the person who starts playing in 6 months isn't going to get the free 13 packs.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

What? I'm talking about the dust cost of using good cards, not stats. Maybe that's why they're going more free stuff than in previous expansions, but the person who starts playing in 6 months isn't going to get the free 13 packs.

I see, fair enough that does suck.

Welp, at least Harrison Jones isn't an auto-concede for Rogue anymore.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Been going through the cards ready for updating the deck spreadsheet.

And it's done. All WoTOG cards are added to the spreadsheet template as well as the mana cost changes to the nerfed cards.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post but Disguised Toast has finished up the visual layout of WoTOG cards on manacrystals:
    https://manacrystals.com/articles/46-visual-guide-of-all-the-cards-from-whispers-of-the-old-gods

Makes it a bit easier to see what's what in the expansion.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    The only thing I can see that makes the Blade Flurry nerf make sense is that something else coming out this year would have made it complete bullshit in its old state, and they seem very much to only want to do a balance pass once per year, so they're thinking way ahead.

Literally nothing else makes sense.

hearthstone designers ran into oil rogue on ladder for the first time and went WHAT NO. NO. NO HOW DARE YOU.

Ok so I'll come out and admit it. You all can blame me for the random nerf. Finally got a second prep so made an Oil Rogue to be on the giving end for once. Then the next day Blizzard nerfs Blade Furry. Also got my second FoN but figured that nerf was coming.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Oh god, I forgot Blood Warriors exists. That'll be worth in C'thun warrior if all you can do is kill something with an ancient shieldbearer and copy it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ok folks, that's all the cards revealed. Which is your favorite? Which is overrated? Which is a sleeper? And which do you most want to make a deck with?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Realistically they weren't sure they were going to nerf blade flurry, so there was no way we were going to get good rogue weapon buffs in WotOG.

Also, it looks like we've gotten a lot more taunts. No replacement for anti-kill bot, but even though there's nothing as good as sludge belcher itself, we've got a decent saturation of easily available taunts at most mana costs.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Yogg Saron is my favourite, because of the RNG meme storm of random spells he puts out that I am determined to make work in a spell focused control deck of some kind. I want to embrace the craziness.

488W936.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    the 150 wins I Ihave left for rogue do not seem to have become any easier to get. boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

pally was already not gonna be hard but it may be more fun now. ditto mage.

but I am quite happy for the hunter cards. I think I can see a deck that I'll enjoy, the current one with lots of beasts and discover is pretty cool already and should only get better.

of the rest of the classes (which I've played a lot less lately since I'm not on the 500 win grind for them) I am most excited for shaman, as always. hopefully this is the time it actually works out.

edit - yeah some of these shaman cards are nuts. very very excited.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    This expansion is going to rock. 13 packs is amazing as well. Talk about helping out new players. This almost outweighs the bummer of Prince's death.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Ok folks, that's all the cards revealed. Which is your favorite? Which is overrated? Which is a sleeper? And which do you most want to make a deck with?

Loving Forbidden Ancient a lot. That + Brann will be great value.

sig.gif

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Steward of Darkshire into Magma Rager. Let's make it happen.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Wait a second, Doomcaller brings back your C'Thun if he's dead and reshuffles him in your deck? Holy crap!

And oh my goodness, Psy-cho-Tron.

sig.gif

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

Favorite is a tough one but I'll go with shaman's Etheral Sentinel. It's lava shock damage +1 on a damn body and unlocks your overload. Elemental Destruction will be great again, especially as you saw with Hallazeal.

overrated: Wisps of the old gods. Niche decks it may see usage.

Sleeper: Stand against darkness. 5 mana for 5 1/1s made a lot of people go eh. But when steward is thrown down before it....

Decked: Evolved in a token deck. Get at least 4-5 minions to stick, play evolve then bloodlust. Yum!

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Today's new cards are BREAKING MY BRAIN

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Jakarrd wrote: »

Favorite is a tough one but I'll go with shaman's Etheral Sentinel. It's lava shock damage +1 on a damn body and unlocks your overload. Elemental Destruction will be great again, especially as you saw with Hallazeal.

Sleeper: Stand against darkness. 5 mana for 5 1/1s made a lot of people go eh. But when steward is thrown down before it....

Decked: Evolved in a token deck. Get at least 4-5 minions to stick, play evolve then bloodlust. Yum!
    How can Wisps of the Old Gods be overrated when everyone thinks it's garbage?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    by being worse than that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »

How can Wisps of the Old Gods be overrated when everyone thinks it's garbage?

Cuz there are players that actually play Everyfin is Awesome and that makes me think some are gonna play this in druid. The top casting streamers have said its garbage but life in the NA ladder has told me that not everyone follows those people.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »

That shouldn't work because the battlecry will trigger again and take 0 mana and give it +0/+0.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I was 100% not expecting the shuffle C'Thun from your graveyard to your deck card.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

That shouldn't work because the battlecry will trigger again and take 0 mana and give it +0/+0.

lol

The fact that you logically think it won't work just convinces me that it will, because Hearthstone logic

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

It depends on how the order works, because it's a two part battlecry. Does anything else have that for precedent? I can definitely see a reading based on how it's worded where it spends all your mana, then tries to spend it again, then gains +x/+x, then gains +x/+x again.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Realistically they weren't sure they were going to nerf blade flurry, so there was no way we were going to get good rogue weapon buffs in WotOG.

Also, it looks like we've gotten a lot more taunts. No replacement for anti-kill bot, but even though there's nothing as good as sludge belcher itself, we've got a decent saturation of easily available taunts at most mana costs.

Yep. Looking forward to updating he taint deck I've been running.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    It should battle cry twice, with the second cry for 0/0.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2016
    Tentacles is an awful replacement for Velen's. It's an overpriced King's.

Priest seems like it'll be maybe dragon, c'thun, and then a billion failed attempts at OTK in either inner fire or shadow magic flavors.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Tentacles is an awful replacement for Velen's. It's an overpriced King's.

Priest seems like it'll be maybe dragon, c'thun, and then a billion failed attempts at OTK in either inner fire or shadow magic flavors.

But it's Tentacles!

What more could you want!?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea 5 mana as a buff better win you the game, not maybe, losing it will cost you too much tempo I imagine

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    velen's may have been considered too good, so tentacles is a powered down version just like stand against is weaker muster

that said, sticking that on a twilight guardian will still be mean

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »

Yep. Looking forward to updating he taint deck I've been running.

I'm not touching that one.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    velen's may have been considered too good, so tentacles is a powered down version just like stand against is weaker muster

that said, sticking that on a twilight guardian will still be mean
    Velen's could be back breaking, but I hated having it in my deck because it felt like it would always be in my hand and I could never play it. So I'm certainly not putting a 5 mana buff in my deck.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Velen's may have been too powerful, but Tentacles is too weak. It's the same stat gain as King's, but costs one more. And the stats are weighted toward health so it's not even an aggressive buff. It's just...weak.

Shit, a strictly worse version of Velen's (no spell damage) would have been preferable.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Oh man... Forbidden Tentacles Ritual is gonna be so gross in Zoo Lock dude.

Like sure, on the one hand you have the whole "flood the board" thing untied from the damage that Imp-losion used to do. So it's strictly just "flood the board" rather than "kill an Azure Drake AND flood the board".

But that's still pretty nutso man. Sea Giant enabler for days.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    but you can't play it the same turn as sea giant, at least

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @MNC Dover I made a new secrets cheat sheet for the OP like the one we had from back in Naxx.

6wnGUwY.jpg
    Click for full size

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Velen's may have been too powerful, but Tentacles is too weak. It's the same stat gain as King's, but costs one more. And the stats are weighted toward health so it's not even an aggressive buff. It's just...weak.

Shit, a strictly worse version of Velen's (no spell damage) would have been preferable.

meh? you're priest, you don't want an aggressive buff. This 1. makes your taunts even chunkier which is what a priest deck will care about more and 2. is less likely to make your big buffed taunt BGH-able.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    That silver hand murloc O.O

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Favourite New Card: Tentacles for Arms (A neat weapon with a great name and cool effect. Do I think it's good? No. Do I like it? Yes)
    Overrated: Blade of C'Thun (I think it's just too expensive to work in Rogue. I don't think Rogue has the tools to stall out the game effectively enough to make it valuable)
    Sleeper: Vilefin Inquisitor (Paladin Murloc will live on in a post-Murkeye world, believe you me)
    Deckbuilder: Blood of the Ancient One (AND NOBODY CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE)

And a bonus category:

Sir Fab's Stinker of the Set: The Boogeymonster (People wanted to see if there was some hidden, sick combob card that would make Boogeymonster playable fun in any way. There wasn't)

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
This discussion has been closed.