As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[phalla] Final Fantasy IV: Know Suffering, Know Death, Know Mafia Victory

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think everything is out, I'll update the player list and such in the morning. Day will end on Sunday, unless everyone has their stuff in and is okay with normal close.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSFbqij6UI8

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    OOoOoOOooooOoOoooooOooOo

Chris-Pratt-Middle-Finger.gif

OooOOoooOOooOOooOooOOooO

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Damnit, we got wrecked. And we killed Sheila. :(

Okay, okay, everything's fine. We'll just... go into damage control...

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sooooo....

Everyone has a unique name, yes?

Is it horribly evil of me to want a role call?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Uh, @38thDoe, I need you to check your PMs, you missed one I'd sent you yesterday

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    It's looking like everyone has a unique role, but some of them have overlapping powers. Also, everyone seems to have a power. Except maybe mafia?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Sooooo....

A little bit. But I'm almost agreeing.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Basically if anyone has told you they're a Vanillager at any point in this game, they're lying and probably evil, or else a monster and afraid of revealing that to you.

edit: cue me getting the one actual vanillager in the game who was thrown in for humor value burnt on the stake

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Sooooo....

A little bit. But I'm almost agreeing.

Yeah, agreed. You all know my role, verified by my own death (what is dead may never die!) so feel free to PM me your info and I'll disperse it to the network.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Lali-ho! Our workers have neared the surface! Soon travel between the surface world and underground will be open again!
    The work part of my work trip is over! Now I merely have to pack all my things and get to the airport and sit on a plane which means ALL DAY TOMORROW with you lovely people as I chase the sun back home!
    Sooooo....

I'm super against role calls. It relies on GM planning rather than player cleverness. Real annoying as a GM.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Lali-ho! Our workers have neared the surface! Soon travel between the surface world and underground will be open again!
    The work part of my work trip is over! Now I merely have to pack all my things and get to the airport and sit on a plane which means ALL DAY TOMORROW with you lovely people as I chase the sun back home!
    Sooooo....

I'm super against role calls. It relies on GM planning rather than player cleverness. Real annoying as a GM.

That's why I'm pretty sure it makes me a bad person...

Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I mean, we can go with the role call but I'm pretty sure it won't reveal much about our powers if you just get the name.

Also, though I'm awaiting clarification from 38th on it, I've been both stone and poisoned for two days. I am pretty sure, based on what he told me Day 1, that I'm still poisoned.

Which is lousy.

I assume, though I didn't get told so, that I was Bad Breath'd.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    gizzy

Same reasons as before. Super suspicious to me.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    OoooOO

I make the "bah" in bahamut.

OoooOO

• Options
    gizzy

Same reasons as before. Super suspicious to me.

I can jump on this as well. Anytime Gizzy is village she gets taken out pretty quickly because she's so good. This game she hasn't been affected by anything and has been very quiet.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Don't want to vote yet, but I want to repeat what I said yesterday.

Look at the three who jumped off the chamber wagon once it was clear Demon was going to take the vote. Very suspicious.

• Options
    I lied. Want to put a vote in just in case the weekend gets busy.

Subject to change but I'm still looking at CJ from that list

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Uhhh, survival neutral. Which is a pretty standard thing.

Yes, that's not villager, but I'm not claiming to be. I don't care about village/mafia.

Yeah my point was wasting village resources on a neutral seems wasteful.

Did we see a last minute run to save invictus?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Did we see a last minute run to save invictus?
    Was curious about that myself. Anybody have a good vote record? Airplane power isn't enough for my laptop (...and I'm hoping to use the battery on Stardew)

invictus

• Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular
    I trust the more experienced players to know why Gizzy seems suspicious, but I still think Gizzy switching off chamberlain helped secure the vote against DemonIzual.

Looking at the vote records, Grunt's Ghosts seems suspicious. Helped get the KetBra train rolling, and also didn't switch a vote off chamberlain (possibly in the hope to still save DemonIzual?)

• Options
    I'm on my phone, so I'll have to check later, but I feel like Invictus was never in first place?

Steam profile
  • Options
    I think Grunt has claimed Monster, so I think that's the same as Invictus's survivor neutral?

• Options
    I think Grunt has claimed Monster, so I think that's the same as Invictus's survivor neutral?

When corpse seered monsters show up village green.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Considering that I'm the one who told people what was making people show up red (The passive Monster trait), confirming the existence of the death millers, and tried to coordinate the healers who both healed me when I was poisoned (Preda and one other who I won't reveal for his safely but is the reason JFP is back), I think I've proven my villager status.

Also, What is the order of actions? When does kills, heals, and poisons come into play?

• Options
    Survival neutral is not the same as the monster win condition from what we know publicly

Steam profile
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Survival neutral is not the same as the monster win condition from what we know publicly

Correct. Monster win condition is to eliminate all threats, not just survive.

• Options
    Can someone explain what a corpse seer is?

Haven't played enough games to have seen that role yet

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Can someone explain what a corpse seer is?

Haven't played enough games to have seen that role yet

They are seers whose power only works on the dead. They're the only way to confirm the presence of death millers. It's how we confirmed Cythraul as one when a corpse seer used they're power on them and Cythraul came back green.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Have we confirmed Demon either way?

• Options
    Considering that I'm the one who told people what was making people show up red (The passive Monster trait), confirming the existence of the death millers, and tried to coordinate the healers who both healed me when I was poisoned (Preda and one other who I won't reveal for his safely but is the reason JFP is back), I think I've proven my villager status.

Didn't MrT do half of that?

Steam profile
  • Options
    He said that there one person had told him that there were death millers, I confirmed it and even revealed the trait that causes it. Also, I'm not a survival neutral, I'm full on villager. I win with the village, I just show up red upon death.

• Options
    Have we confirmed Demon either way?

I asked one of our corpse seers to last night (two have claimed to be), but I don't think they saw my request before close.

• Options
    MartossMartoss Registered User regular

Also, What is the order of actions? When does kills, heals, and poisons come into play?

Well, I feel like everyone but myself knew about these death millers, so I'm not sure that point sways me. But if you really are coordinating with a healer, I'm willing to switch my vote.

Let's try Invictus then, for coming in a suspicious second place yesterday.

• Options
    Yeah, the events when like this:

Night 1: Cythraul dies night 1, red with a red kill.
    Day 2: MrTLicious says he was talking to Cythraul and he was told Cythraul was a death miller.
    Day 2: I confirmed that there were death millers, revealed the trait "Monster" was causing it, before any death seer would be able to gain that info.
    Day 2: I got contacted by someone who would heal me.
    Night 2 after vote close: Preda says he's going to heal me.
    Night 2 after narrations: I got healed twice. Started trying to set up a network between the healers.
    Night 3: Preda dies, healer 1 healed JFP like he said he would.
    Today: Trying to not be gutted.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    @38thDoe

If needed, I'll step in.

• Options
    Yeah, the events when like this:

Night 1: Cythraul dies night 1, red with a red kill.
    Day 2: MrTLicious says he was talking to Cythraul and he was told Cythraul was a death miller.
    Day 2: I confirmed that there were death millers, revealed the trait "Monster" was causing it, before any death seer would be able to gain that info.

Day 2: I got contacted by someone who would heal me.
    Night 2 after vote close: Preda says he's going to heal me.
    Night 2 after narrations: I got healed twice. Started trying to set up a network between the healers.
    Night 3: Preda dies, healer 1 healed JFP like he said he would.
    Today: Trying to not be gutted.

I mean.... That's mostly technically true, but doesn't really describe what happened honestly. MrT said things much more than what you indicated:
    Cythraul was a Miller.

This is not conjecture.
    Yes [he told me he was a miller]. It's also been softly corroborated.
    No. The fact that monsters are millers has been corroborated by several sources.

That had been mostly accepted before you, 5-6 hours later, also corroberated it with claiming you were a monster.

So I don't think you really get the credit for this.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Fine, but no one had publicly named the trait. He said that there are monster who are millers, but not that the Passive Trait "Monster" was what caused it. We knew there were monsters among the village with people claiming Chocobos earlier in the game.

• Options
    Fine, but no one had publicly named the trait. He said that there are monster who are millers, but not that the Passive Trait "Monster" was what caused it. We knew there were monsters among the village with people claiming Chocobos earlier in the game.

I claimed a Chocobo. I was being a doofus. I'm not actually a Chocobo :P

I'm not saying you're mafia, I'm saying you came out going "I'm confirmed!" and that is not true

Steam profile
  • Options

I'm not saying you're mafia, I'm saying you came out going "I'm confirmed!" and that is not true

I didn't say it totally confirms me but more so than some people. I've been honest with people up to this point. And being this is about mid-way if not towards the end of the game, I'm not wanting to be gutted without at least fighting back. I explained myself, pointed out that while some of what I've done votes wise might not have been explainable other than I just voted for people who happened to die green, my other acts should be looked at too.

• Options

I didn't say it totally confirms me but more so than some people. I've been honest with people up to this point. And being this is about mid-way if not towards the end of the game, I'm not wanting to be gutted without at least fighting back. I explained myself, pointed out that while some of what I've done votes wise might not have been explainable other than I just voted for people who happened to die green, my other acts should be looked at too.
    I think I've proven my villager status.

You can maybe see where it sounds like you're saying you are confirmed? :)

Anyways, I don't think this is super important. Let's move on.

Steam profile