As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Good Bye East, now the staking for west

• TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    I hope it is today...

• nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I am F5ing SO HARD this morning.

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • evermore904evermore904 Registered User regular
    Whenever a day passes without a twitter notification, I worry just a little bit more that something went wrong and I missed it somehow. I've checked the Pax twitter so many times just to make sure.

• tea_birdtea_bird Tequila Se'lai Registered User regular
    I have a feeling it will be today. Is this the latest they've ever dropped?

Twitter: @tea_bird
  • The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Every 30 minutes, I take 2 minutes out of my day to be sure I'm refreshing - no matter what else I may be doing.

I'm not sure if tickets literally drop at the half hour marks or if it's just something to feel like I'm being pro-active.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    tea_bird wrote: »
    I have a feeling it will be today. Is this the latest they've ever dropped?

Yes. May 28th was the latest before, set in 2014. But today is the same days out from PAX that that was. So it won't break that record until tomorrow.

YoungFrey on
  • afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    I'm also staying with a friend this year. It'll be interesting to see what parts I like about sleeping in a hotel and which parts I enjoy about sleeping at my friends place. Either way, this is going to be a great year! I'm even coming in a couple days early to experience the Seattle life.

Us too, we are coming in Aug 31, and staying thru Sept 8th since, free lodging. Looking forward to spending some time in Seattle after all the craziness has died down.

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    If it goes into next week, I will be surprised.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    If it goes into next week, I will be surprised.

Same. I know it's in the beginning of Sept. but the longer it gets pushed out, the rougher the planning will be for me.

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    And the longer they wait the more expensive flights will be for ones who have not brought them yet.

Hopefully it is Today or this week.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    F5ing intensifies

May PAX be upon you.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Staying at local friends houses is the best! You can get in early and get good parking, as well as get in line early!

Oh yeah then you also save a BUTTLOAD of money.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Hmm, was looking my previous orders on showclix, and they were at 1:30PM and 3:00PM-ish.

I'm assuming that the times listed under my account were Eastern time as:
    • Showclix is based in Pittsburgh, PA
    • I know I wasn't at work yet when passes went up last time (I work swing)

If the last four times are any indication...

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • fernee206fernee206 Registered User regular
    thanks for the time info!

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Please be this week, I need to buy plane tickets :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    I already bought my plane tickets. I like living on the edge.

• DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    Im gonna need to replace my F5 key soon..c'mon Penny Arcade please be today

Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut
  • tea_birdtea_bird Tequila Se'lai Registered User regular
    krae_man wrote: »

Same here. I know enough people who attend PAX at this point that I'll go to hang out with them outside of the con whether or not I get tickets.

Twitter: @tea_bird

Same here. I know enough people who attend PAX at this point that I'll go to hang out with them outside of the con whether or not I get tickets.

Same as well, and there is plenty to do in Seattle as well. Also i could just cancel and Westjet allows the money to go into a travel bank for later use.

Attending West 2019
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, I actually live in WA now, just outside of Seattle so going downtown to go party for the weekend regardless of badge status is totally doable for me now. :D And either way, I got a dinner and bar crawl to put on Thursday night!

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »

Same as well, and there is plenty to do in Seattle as well. Also i could just cancel and Westjet allows the money to go into a travel bank for later use.
    Southwest has a similar deal for rescheduling. I bought my flight out in March because it got very cheap for awhile and I knew there wasn't any risk.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    @Legacy that was hysterical!

and I've never wanted someone to take my money soooo bad. I'm hoping its today or tomorrow, 12 or 3 work as I'm plopped in front of my computer at those times.

ClannMorgan on
  • DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    That awkward moment when the refresh takes three times as long for no apparent reason...

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    It's not today guys... (>TnT)>

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    @Legacy that was hysterical!

and I've never wanted someone to take my money soooo bad. I'm hoping its today or tomorrow, 12 or 3 work as I'm plopped in front of my computer at those times.

You must have not gotten a Vive. :P

xg81x9uysw01.png
    We still got about an hour not 4 PM EST yet.

Attending West 2019
  • The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I'm hoping it's in 3 minutes.
    My day is not going well.
    Maybe badges would make me feel better.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    I wonder if Penny Arcade enjoys watching us squirm. We all know the badges will be released soon, so I figure the only reason not to release them *now* is to torture us.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    solomon123 wrote: »

You must have not gotten a Vive. :P

Nope. I was hoping to get one from Santa, but obviously he and I have different definitions of "Good."

• valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Yeah, I actually live in WA now, just outside of Seattle so going downtown to go party for the weekend regardless of badge status is totally doable for me now. :D And either way, I got a dinner and bar crawl to put on Thursday night!

Sweet, I am planning the same thing since I live only an hour and a half north of Seattle. I want to do the crawl no matter what. I cant wait to see what this years theme is.

valdor on
    3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I wonder if Penny Arcade enjoys watching us squirm. We all know the badges will be released soon, so I figure the only reason not to release them *now* is to torture us.
    Coworker made this speculation yesterday, and I immediately had a vision of Robert sitting in his office, watching the forums, stroking a huge white cat and cackling e-viley. :P

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    Coworker made this speculation yesterday, and I immediately had a vision of Robert sitting in his office, watching the forums, stroking a huge white cat and cackling e-viley. :P

When i read that post i thought of Robert doing that also lol, he did taunt us one year with a tweet about a nutcracker only to have badges drop 30 mins later.

Attending West 2019
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    valdor wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Sweet, I am planning the same thing since I live only an hour and a half north of Seattle. I want to do the crawl no matter what. I cant wait to see what this years theme is.
    :D:D:D
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205298/the-triwizard-drinking-tournament-2-its-back

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • kbschmidkbschmid Calgary, ABRegistered User regular

If I had photoshop skills I would totally put Khoo on a Dr. Evil picture now...

By day, a mild-mannered charity guy
    By night, a gamer.
    PAX Prime 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Safe to say it'll probably be tomorrow at this point?

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    Do you ever really feel safe? :wink:

For a single fleeting moment when I finish buying badges. Then I remember I still have to wait for the badges to show up. And remember to bring them to Seattle. And get a hotel.

• HelljinHelljin Lake Forest ParkRegistered User regular
    I thought it would be today for sure, last night I had the buying PAX tickets dream. Except I had to wait in a line and when I got to the ticket window there were problems selecting my tickets and a bunch of people in line behind me were getting mad I was taking so long.

PAX 2010 1-Day
    PAX 2011 3-Day
    PAX 2012 3-Day
    PAX 2013 4-Day
    PAX 2014 4-Day
    PAX South 2015 3-Day
    PAX Prime 2015 Monday
    PAX West 2016 Friday/Saturday/Sunday
    PAX West 2017 Friday/Saturday/Sunday
    rr3ozvsrnego.png

Anyone else not able to load the West site right now? My connection is working, it's just west.paxsite that seems to be timing out.

This discussion has been closed.