As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fine, I'll make a [Captain America: Civil War] thread (CONTAINS OPEN SPOILERS)

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Enjoy your "getting it before us" tax
    I would pay that amount to see it right now

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Agreed SO HARD

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Enjoy your "getting it before us" tax
    I would pay that amount to see it right now

I would pay DOUBLE that! Ho ho!

No I don't.
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Look at buying a membership at a local cinema.

I paid twenty bucks about five years ago and we pay 12 bucks a ticket. Plus we get a coupon book as well.

If we'd been able to go to the cinema about 20 minutes away, we'd have gotten it for much less. Problem was that he couldn't get there from work in time for the showing, so we just ah fuck it and bought the expensive tickets.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK so were the post-credit scenes good?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    OK so were the post-credit scenes good?

Kinda, yeah.

I say "kinda" because the first stinger is an actual epilogue that you should see, so it's not really a stinger so much as it is a "by the way" and it's done quite abruptly.
    It's set in Wakanda and brings up a decision that Blake and I have both questioned but along different routes. What IS awesome though is the massive fucking panther statue.

The second one was really cool, imho.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I thought there were three?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I only saw two. One right after the cast credits and then another after the full credits.

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I only saw two. One right after the cast credits and then another after the full credits.

Huh, could have sworn I read there were three.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The first stinger is pretty funny.
    Spider man is back home nursing a black eye and aunt may is demanding to know what happened and who hit him.

Peter tells may that it was some guy named Steve.

And that she should have seen Steve's other friend, he was huge!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Blake T wrote: »
    The first stinger is pretty funny.
    Spider man is back home nursing a black eye and aunt may is demanding to know what happened and who hit him.

Peter tells may that it was some guy named Steve.

And that she should have seen Steve's other friend, he was huge!
    Steve "from Brooklyn" was also pretty funny

that's the second one, honey

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

There might still be

In the international showings of the Avengers before the US release date the third stinger of them at the shawarma shop wasn't there. So it may be that it will be shown when its in the US.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular

There might still be

In the international showings of the Avengers before the US release date the third stinger of them at the shawarma shop wasn't there. So it may be that it will be shown when its in the US.

sure, but when we saw Avengers, it just got to the end of the credits, and then there was nothing. That position was filled this time. I'm not really sure where they could have fit in another.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    If they did it would be halfway through I guess.

If it's an actually an infinity war stinger, I would be super annoyed.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Just paid 22.27 bucks for a ticket for this movie.

Better be worth it! (Pretty sure it will be).

Is your ticket made of actual gold

I paid a similar amount. Extra for 3D and extra for it being 2 and a half hours long. And I guess it's still more than you'd expect because things are more expensive outside of America.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    This movie was bloody great! YAY!

Time to read the thread now!

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    God Civil War was so good.
    Sam and Bucky's grin after seeing Steve kiss Sharon. Oh my god that was great.

As a matter of fact all the Sam and Bucky scenes were great. Sam not wanting to move his car seat forward for Bucky was also a good moment, but I also liked how immediately after Redwing gets rid of Spider-man, Bucky's like "You couldn't have done from the start?" and Sam's just "I hate you".

Regarding the actual movie though, there were some scenes that made it seem like Avengers 2.5, but by the end it was clearly a Captain America film.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I loved this movie.

What a freakin' fun comic booky comic book movie.

Everyone gets high fives.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Chase scene featurette
    https://youtu.be/F509u94XqtE

• Options
    AUDI

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    holy shit

those look dangerous as hell

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    holy shit

Audis?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    No the stunts

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Hate to buck the trend but as much as I enjoyed going to see this film I was left a little dissapointed.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    In general hero vs. hero stories are terrible. Because A: the cause of the misunderstanding is inevitably stupid. B: It's usually done to boost sales, not to tell a good story. C: It will all get reset eventually anyway, at which point said "heroes" look like colossal jackasses anyway.

I like the Marvel movie universe, because they're able to distill the essence of what made the original stories work, while taking the stupid out of them.

I mean, Civil War was pretty stupid. Good idea, really bad execution.

There is no misunderstanding in this film. There IS some misdirection, but the fight is over a disagreement about ethics and who's responsible for superheroes' actions, and it boils over into open conflict because the theoretical very quickly becomes practical and neither side is willing to compromise.

sarukun on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    That is absolutely a thing in the first Avengers, yes

• Options
    That is absolutely a thing in the first Avengers, yes

Its the thing that causes the argument near the scepter

• Options
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    sarukun wrote: »
    In general hero vs. hero stories are terrible. Because A: the cause of the misunderstanding is inevitably stupid. B: It's usually done to boost sales, not to tell a good story. C: It will all get reset eventually anyway, at which point said "heroes" look like colossal jackasses anyway.

I like the Marvel movie universe, because they're able to distill the essence of what made the original stories work, while taking the stupid out of them.

I mean, Civil War was pretty stupid. Good idea, really bad execution.

There is no misunderstanding in this film. There IS some misdirection, but the fight is over a disagreement about ethics and who's responsible for superheroes' actions, and it boils over into open conflict because the theoretical very quickly becomes practical and neither side is willing to compromise.

That what I'm looking forward to. Actually having good characters/motivations instead of, and I'm going to disparaging here for the medium's own good, "comic" caricatures.

Again, really big fan of MCU and some of the shows. And I own some Marvel Trades too, but for every gem, there's like, a gajillion bad stories.

And it's really shocking just how long the MCU has been able to keep up its overall level of quality. It's pretty unprecedented.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Aside from the argument that can be made that Tony Stark's initial stance from the get-go isn't true to his character, the characters' behavior in Civil War is pretty much consistent, yeah.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    is it that both sides are equally right or is it more like both sides are equally wrong in a dumb way

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    holy shit

What specifically? The most dangerous thing I can see is where they pull the stunt double off the bike? Everything else just looks like some classic 90's practical effects filmed with modern day techniques.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Saw this last night and really enjoyed it - was worried I'd over-hyped myself for it but still had a ball.

Favourite bits were probably
    Sam and Bucky's relationship through the movie - I was trying to come up with a non-friendly version of a 'bromance' and my fiancee suggested 'britchiness' so I'm going with that!

Loved the humour throughout, really broke up a fairly heavy tone. New character additions were fleshed out just enough, we weren't left wondering who they were but never slowed up the pace, while managing to leave me hungry for their solo films.

Will probably go see it at the cinemas again, will probably go 2D again though - not sure the shakier style of some action scenes would look great in 3D, and was a bit disappointed they went with that when I thought the action scenes in Winter Soldier were shot so well!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    holy shit

"Psh, amateurs." -George Miller

• Options
    Yeah I really didn't like the shaky cam at the start but it seemed to settle down a bit as the movie progressed. Maybe that was the point? Who knows.

• Options
    One thing I especially liked about Spidey
    They showed that he's fuck off strong. He straight up caught Bucky's fist in his hand, there's video of him stopping a car travelling at moderate speeds, and he held that falling air bridge in his hands. Basically the only one there stronger than him was Giant Man. It's pretty easy to forget just how strong he actually is, what with the focus on his webslinging and acrobatics.

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    They showed that he's fuck off strong. He straight up caught Bucky's fist in his hand, there's video of him stopping a car travelling at moderate speeds, and he held that falling air bridge in his hands. Basically the only one there stronger than him was Giant Man. It's pretty easy to forget just how strong he actually is, what with the focus on his webslinging and acrobatics.
    He's definitely strong; not sure about strongEST though. Steve did muscle a helicopter back to the ground.

( seriously holy shiiiiiiit... )

• Options
    He's definitely strong; not sure about strongEST though. Steve did muscle a helicopter back to the ground.

Yeah that was insane. And I suppose Cap did overpower him that one time with the webs, but y'know he's also like 16. He'll get there.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular

That was an incredibly cool moment

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

The helicopter scene actually got a big laough at my showing when Steve changed his grip on the railing to show off his guns better.

This discussion has been closed.