As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

and now his [Overwatch Thread] is ended

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    My problem with zarya is I'm bad at tracking the enemy with the laser so even if I get a full charge I can't kill anyone else with it

My problem is that and also that in any game where my power/ability slowly counts down/becomes weaker, I feel pressured to use it as much as I can before it "runs out" which leads to me rushing into really dumb/dangerous situations and getting my ass killed. I just don't have the patience/mentality to play her right.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Houn asked the following in G&T:
    Houn wrote: »
    So, how are PS4 players grouping up? What's the perferred method of getting a group going? I've got 30min I'd like to not solo.

The PA Destiny Overwatch PS4 method of grouping up

1) Check your social tab in game if there are PAers online in Overwatch (I never invite people over who are in a different game, especially not if they're in Netflix)
    2) Go to your PSN dashboard and look if there are any active chat parties which contain one or several of those PAers
    If so, jump in and ask if you may join them -> SUCCESS
    3) If not, create a Friends-only chat party (not private) and put Overwatch in the title (something like PA Overwatch or Carl's Overwatchers or something similar), that way other PAers may find your party more quickly.
    4) You can invite other Overwatchers, uh, over into the chat party. If they do, you'll know whether they'll want to join or play alone
    5) If you don't have any immediate replies, feel free to play a match solo, and you'll notice that sometimes someone will jump into the chat party and then you can coordinate joining up
    6) SUCCESS

NOTE: Try to avoid having two groups of Overwatchers in a single chat party, because then communication gets VERY confusing.

And let's hope that Blizzard fixes the grouping a bit better so that we actually have a group leader who can take us out of a sequence of matches and keep us grouped together.

tl;dr: Don't be afraid to jump into PSN chat parties which contain the word Overwatch or PA or something similar.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »
    My problem with zarya is I'm bad at tracking the enemy with the laser so even if I get a full charge I can't kill anyone else with it

My problem is that and also that in any game where my power/ability slowly counts down/becomes weaker, I feel pressured to use it as much as I can before it "runs out" which leads to me rushing into really dumb/dangerous situations and getting my ass killed. I just don't have the patience/mentality to play her right.

Yeah, with alot of the tanks (and Symmetra, and Mei) it's always worth remembering that so much of your power is just the ability to say 'you can't go here or you'll die' to the enemy team. While against good teams you might not actually get to do much of the killing, because they respect you too much, it's still strong to create no go areas and force slower pushes/stalls from enemies.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Decided to play a bit before I went to work this morning.

That was a mistake. Played 5 rounds and got rolled in all of them.

I could have squeezed another one in but I got put on offense with a team of 2 Widowmakers, and a Hanzo and noped out of that.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Regarding that video of Lucio wallriding all over the pillars at the end of Anubis, while the mobility on display is still super impressive, even Seagull himself (the person in the video) couldn't repeat the murder he dishes out because it was made before the melee nerf (50 down to 30) and the 20% reduction in Lucio's overall damage.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    having this really weird issue where people can hear me but i cant hear anyone.

quick google search seems like a number of people are having this issue, kinda poop but i guess i can always fall back on discord when playing with friends.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    had a fun game vs a premade with hanzo last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgF-5vvcK8&feature=youtu.be

very jolly plus comedy potg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I wonder if we're doomed to Funko Pop being the collectible thing for the foreseeable future

They're so hideous

i like them....

I love my funko pop TMNT guys

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

My problem with Zarya is when I use my ult and get a whole team kill someone else gets the play of the game off of it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i love my dumb funko pops and i dont care what a

coupla hataz

coupla hataz

have to say

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

That's somehow both the most and least appropriate music for Overwatch.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

That's somehow both the most and least appropriate music for Overwatch.

I was going to use normal sound but all you could hear was my mechanical keyboard clicking and I was listening to Steve reich which made for a really bizarre and upsetting Dadaist combo

so I got my boi kc

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    re: D.Va ult and "well played" spray

https://gfycat.com/IdolizedIndelibleDesertpupfish

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Hey guys, did you know that Junkrat's wheel can climb UP walls?

Yeah we were doing egypt point defense on the second point....we hear the 'fire in the hole' and everyone starts scrambling looking in different directions for where the tire is... damn thing climbs the wall under the bridge and lands dead center.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    el_vicio wrote: »
    re: D.Va ult and "well played" spray

https://gfycat.com/IdolizedIndelibleDesertpupfish

The comeuppance. It's beautiful.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i dont think pharra's missile goes through reinhardt's shield, however, splash damage from the missile can go around/under/over his shield

the same is true of junkrat.

junkrat and pharra are both hard counters to Reinhardt

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I wonder if we're doomed to Funko Pop being the collectible thing for the foreseeable future

They're so hideous

i like them....

I love my funko pop TMNT guys

I think it reaaaaaallly depends on the character...some are pretty darn cute but other, especially the ones that are just real life humans look kinda creepy. My wife has an Adipose and I think BMO and both of those are pretty darn adorable.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've got a Groot that isn't terrible because he is a tree man so the dead black eyes don't stand out so badly

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    WHat would be a good program to record the highlights I would get or PotGs?

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Whelp, may be new computer time. Thought it ran ok during the beta but never checked and...12fps just isn't really cutting it for play against humans. Do I give in to this "reason" to build a PC though? Is overwatch going to be a $700 game...hmmm

• Options
    I've been buying parts here and there while waiting for the 1070 to drop and just totaled up everything I've spent and uh

Well this is going to be the most expensive computer I've ever built, but it's going to be really really good

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    weird question: is using melee attacks ever worth it? I feel weird if I'm playing as genji and not trying to cut people down with a sword in addition to throwing ninja stars every which way

It's something I need to get better at but yes, it's worth doing on some characters if you animation cancel the melee attack. I am not sure who all can do it, and who all can cancel other animations with their melee attack.

For example I know that Genji can animation cancel his melee attack into his swift strike dash, bumping the damage up from 50 to 80, which could be the critical difference in getting swift strike to kill and refresh or not.

I need to experiment with more of the cast to see if things like McCree melee into roll work as well.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »
    img

He's being polite!

He knows Junkrat loves that bear trap so much

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Picture is totally unrealistic because that Zenyatta would have already been blown to smithereens by the mine on top of the bear trap

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Picture is totally unrealistic because that Zenyatta would have already been blown to smithereens by the mine on top of the bear trap gentle breeze produced by the trap closing.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Continuing to have lots of fun with the likes of @Vivixenne @Veldrin @JoeUser @Seguer

Goddamn I'm still in shock at how good it feels when you "play your class/character" well and nail it but also just playing for funsies still feels so great

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    weird question: is using melee attacks ever worth it? I feel weird if I'm playing as genji and not trying to cut people down with a sword in addition to throwing ninja stars every which way

It's something I need to get better at but yes, it's worth doing on some characters if you animation cancel the melee attack. I am not sure who all can do it, and who all can cancel other animations with their melee attack.

For example I know that Genji can animation cancel his melee attack into his swift strike dash, bumping the damage up from 50 to 80, which could be the critical difference in getting swift strike to kill and refresh or not.

I need to experiment with more of the cast to see if things like McCree melee into roll work as well.

The big melee animation cancel right now is that reaper can entirely skip his reload animation by meleeing. Which about halves the time it takes him to pull out a new pair of shotties.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Picture is totally unrealistic because that Zenyatta would have already been blown to smithereens by the mine on top of the bear trap

This seems like an obvious combo at first glance, but I think a really active/aggressive Junkrat should always have his mine ready to toss at either a low-HP enemy for a quick kill, or a high-HP enemy (or big group) for a knockback/disruption. (Even if the mine recharges after throwing it out, which I don't actually know, having to detonate/throw/detonate is one step too far for my dull brain.)

In one match tonight there was a Roadhog who was very lucky at hooking my Lucio several times. I, however, was equally lucky at BOPping him away before he could get off his shotgun blast. I also had good games with Mei and Genji, which is definitely a confidence booster. Mei's icicle is fucking brutal.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Houk wrote: »

This seems like an obvious combo at first glance, but I think a really active/aggressive Junkrat should always have his mine ready to toss at either a low-HP enemy for a quick kill, or a high-HP enemy (or big group) for a knockback/disruption. (Even if the mine recharges after throwing it out, which I don't actually know, having to detonate/throw/detonate is one step too far for my dull brain.)

In one match tonight there was a Roadhog who was very lucky at hooking my Lucio several times. I, however, was equally lucky at BOPping him away before he could get off his shotgun blast. I also had good games with Mei and Genji, which is definitely a confidence booster. Mei's icicle is fucking brutal.

The cooldown is short enough that I always toss down a trap+mine to start, but I'm not shy about tossing out a new one if I need to

Also I've killed loads of people with the trap+mine, it does somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 damage which I only know because Reapers can survive it. But nothing beats blowing someone up on the other side of the map and the immediately using your emote because you know that's gonna be their whole killcam. My emote is the vaudeville dance, for what it's worth.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Overwatc
    quick melee used to do 50, got nerfed to 30 to hedge in some instakill combos (roadhog's used to be more reliable, D.Va had one by boosting into people and meleeing). But yeah, basically the only time quick melee comes into play is for finishing off a very low target when you run out of ammo, which does happen a few times a play session for me.

Note that Reinhardt's hammer and Torbjorn's hammer (not his quick melee, actually switching to the hammer and left clicking) do 75 damage instead.

Wait...

D. Va's charge does damage?

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Overwatc
    quick melee used to do 50, got nerfed to 30 to hedge in some instakill combos (roadhog's used to be more reliable, D.Va had one by boosting into people and meleeing). But yeah, basically the only time quick melee comes into play is for finishing off a very low target when you run out of ammo, which does happen a few times a play session for me.

Note that Reinhardt's hammer and Torbjorn's hammer (not his quick melee, actually switching to the hammer and left clicking) do 75 damage instead.

Wait...

Yeah, 25 or so.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I feel like at least half the skill of playing Mercy in pubs is being able to quickly figure out which teammates are worth healing the most.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Overwatc

Wait...

Yeah, 25 or so.

Yup, I have killed with it.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Mercy in pubs is kind of a nightmare for me and it's too bad since the game keeps piling her legendary skins on me

but if you get a good team her ult is super imbalanced and you can cast it constantly

its like they made it charge up assuming that your team would be idiots who are impossible to heal

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Yeah Mei's icicle qualifies as a sniper weapon...I've killed so many hanzo's and widowmakers in there nests because its damn accurate if you can get the hang of the delayed firing.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I feel like at least half the skill of playing Mercy in pubs is being able to quickly figure out which teammates are worth healing the most.

Pretty much.

I was healing/buffing a Roadhog who couldn't take out a Reaper on cooldown in a head to head.

The Reaper then ran past him and killed me.

Never again.

• Options
    I have 15 boxes and 3 skins, no currency

This games unlocks are complete garbage

• Options
    yeah i paid 20 bucks for a stack of boxes and got mostly unwanted garbage, and the payout for duplicates is weak

will not be doing that again

• Options
    Currency is mostly gained from getting duplicate items

So you won't see a ton of currency early on

This discussion has been closed.