As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The "Bad" [fashion] Thread: Technically also things Man was not meant to digest.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I signed up for lootcrate for a few months, to see what's up with it. I selected XL for shirt sizes.

The box came, and the shirt is an *amazing* looking WoW based shirt labelled XL.

I've had mediums which were bigger.

Oh hey, I actually did have a medium sized women's cut shirt in my house which I was going to give to my (much smaller) friend.

This is a black Medium sized shirt not stretched, lying on top of a grey Extra Large shirt which is lying not stretched or bunched up.
    n6sdYX5.jpg

Neither is more stretchy than the other.

Do you see the extra large shirt? Do you agree with me that even though they're made by different companies, you really should still be able to?

Psykoma on
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    T-shirt sizing is bizarre, I bought an 'L' Transistor shirt from Supergiant, it's basically a muscle shirt. It's very similar in size to the 'L' t-shirt I got in Macau earlier this year. Shame for me, I'm not muscley, I'm just.. large. All my Thinkgeek shirts are L, everything else I've bought from the US is L, this L is minute.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    T-shirt sizing is bizarre, I bought an 'L' Transistor shirt from Supergiant, it's basically a muscle shirt. It's very similar in size to the 'L' t-shirt I got in Macau earlier this year. Shame for me, I'm not muscley, I'm just.. large. All my Thinkgeek shirts are L, everything else I've bought from the US is L, this L is minute.

Yeah, I'm a scrawny dude and, until I inevitably shrink them, Mediums are usually about a perfect fit for me, but some shirts I've bought online in Medium look like I'm trying to show off my completely non-existent pecs and abs, while others hang off me like the After pic of an extreme weightloss challenge.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Is this the thread where people post pick tyres of theyself with new fashion

Because I got a thing from...lootcrate? Gamerfuel? Some kind of boxed goods service? that I really like and have been showing off pretty much nonstop

Also, a relatively new haircut

Spoiled for size because I dunno how phone posts are handled by the forum and also I never know what to do with my face in pictures
    xbz2vr3gcuqo.jpeg

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Is this the thread where people post pick tyres of theyself with new fashion

Because I got a thing from...lootcrate? Gamerfuel? Some kind of boxed goods service? that I really like and have been showing off pretty much nonstop

Also, a relatively new haircut

Spoiled for size because I dunno how phone posts are handled by the forum and also I never know what to do with my face in pictures
    xbz2vr3gcuqo.jpeg

That is a rad haircut and shirt, my man.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Thank you, kind dude

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    They're not that expensive

I've paid almost that much for really nice jeans before

And those look remarkably nicer

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    They're not that expensive

I've paid almost that much for really nice jeans before

And those look markedly nicer

Yeah, I mean, that's my thing

I realize now (with my wardrobe purging) that I've spent a loooot of money on buying cheaper things, and instead could have just invested in a few nice things for the same money and been happy

So, I'm hoping to do that ongoing

These outlier pants seem pretty great from all accounts I've read, and seem great for travel

poo
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I am constantly concerned about ruining the few really nice, quality things that I have so I pretty much restrict myself to shopping almost exclusively at Ross

I really need to do a purge of my own shit at some point

Anyway if you're not a disgusting pig boy that manages to horribly stain everything he touches like myself then I would encourage you to go for it and splurge (assuming budget allows of course)

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I'm realizing that I'm pretty happy with my casual wardrobe, because that shit goes on sale. But in terms of looking straight up nice? Uh, no.

I think it might be time to invest in the hi side of my hi-low style.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    I'm realizing that I'm pretty happy with my casual wardrobe, because that shit goes on sale. But in terms of looking straight up nice? Uh, no.

I think it might be time to invest in the hi side of my hi-low style.

I too need some nice dressier clothes

my work attire for the last 6 years has been somewhat casual, jeans allowed

so the rare occasions I need to dress nicely, but not suit nicely, i wear old ass clothes

poo
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Fact: part of my motivation to grow my hair out was to dress up as Thor for Halloween. Nerd fashion.

God I love you

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Rest assured, we all do.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Rest assured, we all do.

I just have a passing obsession, it's not really love

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Face irritation update: My face feels better today but it looks like I'm wearing a red mask. Or like I'm really, really bad at makeup.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Face irritation update: My face feels better today but it looks like I'm wearing a red mask. Or like I'm really, really bad at makeup.

On a scale of one to ten, how much do you feel like leading Hydra?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I haven't seen any of the captain America or recent marvel movies so I have no idea, really! I live under a rock.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So... A two?

Imma put you down at a two.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I haven't seen any of the captain America or recent marvel movies so I have no idea, really! I live under a rock.

Under a Ragnarock!!

Thor: Ragnarok is coming to theatres July 28th, 2017.

This message has been brought to you by Marvel Studios.

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I ordered this dress a while ago, but it didn't fit. So I got the correct size in the mail today! I think it goes well with the sandals.
    xvGvyD5.png

I'm also really excited to get my Living Dead + Killstar orders. :D:D:D They should be here in a week or so. Oh and Killstar is having a Memorial Day weekend sale, if anyone is interested.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    so here's what i did get
    WzeuiOnm.jpg

uh i think i'm actually happy with how they look i guess? sorry for my hair, it's humid

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yung dumbledore

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    harry you must destroy the horcruxes, &c.

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. Tecumseh ya gotta stop looking so bashful in your pictures, you're a handsome-ass man

• Options
    :redface:

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

Well of course you look amazing if you dress like the glorious being that is the God Emperor of mankind.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the super skinny grip is majorly triggering me

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I dont think the grip is actually all that skinny. The hilt on that joke of a sword is just, like, shoulder width.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    That looks more like something you would climb into rather than put on

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    @Liiya, I'm just going to need you to come over for about....two weeks before Halloween for a Thor Makeover

...Makethorver?

Makeothor.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    To get the costume Thorted out?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing it just involves handing over Mjolnir though.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    @Liiya, I'm just going to need you to come over for about....two weeks before Halloween for a Thor Makeover

...Makethorver?

Makeothor.

Why does it take two weeks....?? Are you going to throw me into a thunder storm or something?

But I'm down.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

...Makethorver?

Makeothor.

Why does it take two weeks....?? Are you going to throw me into a thunder storm or something?

But I'm down.

Well, if you want hard plastic armour it's gonna take some time! Unless you're fine with just tin foil over cardboard; I can whip that up pretty quick.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular

...Makethorver?

Makeothor.

But I'm down.

Well, if you want hard plastic armour it's gonna take some time! Unless you're fine with just tin foil over cardboard; I can whip that up pretty quick.

ohhhhh no sounds awesome!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

...Makethorver?

Makeothor.

But I'm down.

I'll be Volstagg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

...Makethorver?

Makeothor.

But I'm down.

shit I'm road-tripping up north for this one

This discussion has been closed.