Options

DC Comics Thread! Titans out this week!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    FUCKING WHAT

HOLY SHIT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Please don't be a sick joke. Please be real.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Deadline is reporting it, so it's probably real

Although there's no network announced

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    It's probably going to be on Netflix.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    This is all I wanted

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Keith this is very important

What *exactly* did you ask the monkey's paw for?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Dick

• Options

If Trump gets elected tomorrow I think we know the cause

bad Monkey Paw wishes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

goodbye, my love

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

goodbye, my love

100% worth it

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I'm so happy right now

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    Greg Weisman has been tweeting about the news since it hit so he's likely back too

gotta admit, despite rewatching the series on Netflix to support the revival campaign, i never actually expected it to happen. this is really exciting news

• Options
    If it's on Netflix I will literally take days off to binge it

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Greg Weisman has been tweeting about the news since it hit so he's likely back too

gotta admit, despite rewatching the series on Netflix to support the revival campaign, i never actually expected it to happen. this is really exciting news

Both Weisman and Vietti are on board

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Also yes I am totally seconding they keep it on netflix. It needs more animated original content imo.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    FUCKING WHAT

HOLY SHIT

2016, Blank. It doesn't make a damn lick of sense.

I swear, there could be an alien invasion tomorrow, and my thought would be "Yeah, yeah. Typical 2016."

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I feel like the Cubs winning the World Series and Young Justice getting a third season are both signs that 2016 is going to end better than it began.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    If you fucking jinx the election Centipede they will call you millipede Damascus when I am done

• Options
    You're

You're gonna give him more legs?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    You're

You're gonna give him more legs?

Yes.

He will break each leg into ten distinct parts.

• Options
    I would just like to suggest a brief moment of silence for Centi's legs.

(At this point, I'd say 2016 isn't good, or bad, or even neutral so much as it's really fucking weird. Like, pick the least likely thing to happen. That is the thing that will happen, no matter how you reassure yourself it is impossible.)

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    I feel like the Cubs winning the World Series and Young Justice getting a third season are both signs that 2016 is going to end better than it began.

FUCK YOU CENTIPEDE

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to this show

is that Mark Hamill as Joker and Khary Payton as Cyborg, or imitators?

If the former, this is practically a Best Of

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Looking forward to this show

is that Mark Hamill as Joker and Khary Payton as Cyborg, or imitators?

If the former, this is practically a Best Of
    Yup, it's both of them

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2016
    the role mark hamill just can't escape
    luke skywalker? who's that?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

If Trump gets elected tomorrow I think we know the cause

bad Monkey Paw wishes

WELP.

• Options
    Keith I do not even jokingly blame you for this, for the record

Some shit ain't funny

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    jl10var.jpg
    This cover is real good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    So Frank Cho continues to be the worst and also is actively shutting on Greg Rucka
    "It’s not gonna be an origin story because I hate origin stories. Every single Wonder Woman book that you pick there’s a goddam origin story where nothing happens.”

“I’m going to treat Wonder Woman as I treat all superheroes, as a superhero. It’s pretty much genderless, she will be fighting bad guys, it’s gonna be action, non-stop action from start to finish. And all these female political agenda I’m not even addressing that. She’s Wonder Woman, where there’s a bad guy she’s gonna fight the bad guy and beat him. That’s all it is. That’s what comic books should be.

They want me back to Wonder Woman as soon as possible, as soon as the writer is gone. So that’s why I’ve already written a Wonder Woman story to go so that as soon as the writer is gone and I’m pretty sure DC and Marvel want me to draw and it makes sense. It really all the projects kind of play to my strengths as an artist, but at this point of my life I want to write and draw my own stuff. So that’s why I pitch the Wonder Woman story to DC and they really liked it and they said “All right it’s not an origin story, it’s actually a fun action story” so that’s why they picked it up right away. Or they will.”

For reference, Greg Rucka is currently telling a WW origin story with less emphasis on action

DC also sucks too if he isn't just bullshitting about them having him on deck for Rucka leaving.

Its to the point where I am just straight up no longer buying anything Cho works on, period. Sorry any talented writers that work with him.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Curiosity question for y'all

Has there ever been a non-comics version of Batman that narrates his own actions?

My roommate and I were watching some Batman cartoons this morning, and we realized that in the comics, you tend to get a lot of internal monologues and narration stuff from him

Which is a comics thing, I know, and it's a difficult thing to adapt to non-comics media

But the narration is also a noir thing, which is absolutely a part of where Batman stories come from, it's a detective thing for the World's Greatest Detective

And I think the fact that most (if not all, as best as I can figure) adaptations of Batman stories don't have it makes him feel like significantly less of a detective

Which is one of my consistent problems with Batman media, anyways

• Options
    Batman: Year One, the film, features a whole bunch of internal narration from both Gordon and Bruce

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Batman: Year One, the film, features a whole bunch of internal narration from both Gordon and Bruce

I almost watched that this morning, actually, so I guess that would've answered my question (I went with Under the Red Hood instead, which I like a bunch more, personally)

• Options
    Oh yeah

I like Year One just fine but it is a very 1:1 adaptation with all the flaws that can come with that

Red Hood is fuckin' great

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    if there's one thing about Year One that sticks in my craw, it's Catwoman showing up as a prostitute for no reason

• Options
    if there's one thing about Year One that sticks in my craw, it's Catwoman showing up as a prostitute for no reason

Yeah. It's a Miller as hell thing to do and I despise it.

• Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    The reason is Frank Miller is a misogynist

This discussion has been closed.