As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Clash Royale] Join the clan, we need your crowns!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That's definitely a reason. I focused on Hog Trifecta and it pushed me over 4k trophies. There were times when I tried out different decks for fun (Giant/Sparky, fast cycle, all air), but those were usually losing affairs.

In the end, I've just played the game a lot over almost a year. It's just burnout and being at a point where it'll take a long time just to level up one card. I might come back to the game if they do some major overhauls, but I doubt highly that will happen.

Not knocking the game, I did enjoy it. Just time to move on is all.

I wish I could give you guys community access to my account. It's crazy ripped. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    yeah, I actually kind of like when they do balance changes because I have to try out new decks. The variety is lots of fun. I have a pretty broadly upgraded set of cards, which helps me stay in the 3.7k+ territory regardless.

I would play draft mode permanently forever.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    @SeGaTai you're gonna need to make someone else a co-leader, we've got join requests backing up...

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Such poor lost souls, will take care of it after work

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Such poor lost souls, will take care of it after work

You didn't need to leave too!!

• Options
    Also now our only leader is @MNC Dover

• Options
    Oh really? OK, I'll reinstall and get everything transferred.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Alright, @Spaffy is your new leader with @ObiFett the co-leader. I kicked Kieri (my wife) out since she hasn't played in 6-months.

Good luck to everyone and may all your chests contain legendary cards.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Such a sad day for the clan

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea i tried to promote some people and left, didn't know what it would actually do at that point.

Game was fun and liked being part of a PA clan, but never actually played so makes sense for someone who enjoys it to run it, the free to play part of it meant that I never could really experiment or pivot with a deck once new changes came out or anything.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Hey, I'm always around in the thread to talk.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Electro Wizard! (is he good?)

A "fortune offer" just popped up as well. $14 for super magical chest and 1200 gems is the most expensive option. Doesn't feel like an amazing deal. Might have to get the 80 gems and 10k gold for $1.40 though, cause i'm under 1000 gold right now.

These motherfuckers have got me hooked, and I'm going to end up spending a lot more money on this than I originally thought I might.

The special offers you want are ones that have lots of gold - forget about the chest and think about the gems only in terms of how many legendary chests it will get you (at 500 a chest). If you look how much gems you have to spend to buy gold the $1.40 deal is crazy good for a certain value of crazy.

The arena 7 or 8 pack that gets you 100,000 gold is the big one and what you should drop your money on if you want to spend a a little but not a lot on the game.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Sad to see you go, @MNC Dover . Drop by from time to time!

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Anyone had any success with Executioner yet? I hope that'll be the answer to all the zap bait decks out there.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    K, so I added him to my anti-meta deck and he is awesome. Its exactly what I've been looking for.

I'm running Zap, Tornado, Ice Wizard, Miner, Inferno Dragon, Executioner, Bowler, Giant Skeleton. I feel like I have an answer to everything and then can get a really good tough to remove counter push. Tornado works really well with SG, Bowler, Ice Wizard and now the Executioner. Love it.

Currently 3-0 after adding him to the deck and I posted a replay of him in action. He basically takes out Lavahound, Balloon, and EBs by himself.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Got to Arena 9 on the backs of a couple of disconnects and the Furnace will overwhelm you deck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    That furnace deck is hilarious. I love watching your replays.

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Got to Arena 9 on the backs of a couple of disconnects and the Furnace will overwhelm you deck.

I'm going to have to check that one out, I've seen a few decks running furnace. What level is your furnace?

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options

Can you post it?

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Durinia wrote: »

Can you post it?

I found it online and then altered the Arrows to Rocket:

Electro-Wizard, Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Mirror (Level 5), Goblin Barrel, Rocket, Furnace (Level 7), Fireball.

FYI, it can get wrecked by Bowler so watch out for that.

It's just funny at the x2 Elixir when you can have 4 Furnaces out at one time and watching your opponent trying to deal with the bouncing fire everywhere.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Ok guys home stretch for the clan chest. Remember even if you give one crown to the cause you get the rewards so if you'd like log in and play a few games! Also make sure you request cards! The more we all donate and receive the better leveling is for all of us! Oh and if anyone sees me online I need to complete my friend quests so if you wouldn't mind going easy on me I'd appreciate it!

• Options
    Last day for clan chest! Get your 1 crown in and you'll be guaranteed a chest! I think we're at the level where you're going to get at least one epic!

Also: Electro wizard is awesome. He completely shuts down bowler and it's hilarious

• Options
    Hit 7 for Clan Chest. Nice Job.

• Options
    They really need to either nerf executioner or make it so you can't play cards above your arena. I get super wrecked in Arena 8 by him and I don't even know what to use to counter him.

• Options
    They really need to either nerf executioner or make it so you can't play cards above your arena. I get super wrecked in Arena 8 by him and I don't even know what to use to counter him.

Rules of thumb for playing against Executioner decks:
    1) Don't group your units unless you know it's not in rotation (doubly so if they're using tornado)
    2) Musketeer and Valk are good direct counters(costs 4 vs 5).
    3) Use other troops to distract him. Ice Golem is awesome at this - drop it right on top of him, or more to the middle of your side so he throws the axe away from your tower. Ice Wiz is also good (if you've managed to get one). In general, make sure your defensive troops are arranged in a spread and not all in a straight line.
    4) He's actually a bit weak to Giant. Doesn't do huge amounts of direct single-target damage for his cost.
    5) If he's dropping it in the back and has other support around the tower, lightning is amazing.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    He kinda hard to counter at the moment, since there's not a lot of hard counters to him and he has an overly wide attack radius. His attack is relatively slow though, so if you can tie him for a bit, you can usually separate him from the push he's supporting, which makes it much easier to defeat. If you know you're up against one, don't overcommit and don't become focused on one lane. If he's been dropped in one lane, don't be afraid to push up the other, especially if dropping the executioner tapped him out of elixir.

Its easy to panic when you see one coming and waste troops and elixir that aren't particularly effect against it. Try treating it like a Sparky, where it being dropped in one lane is a big cue that you need to push up the other so that your opponent can't get an unstoppable push going.

• Options
    This fucking game. I get to 2595 trophies, need 5 more to get to Arena 9. Lose 3 games in a row. Rinse repeat. I don't even give a shit about getting to Arena 9 I just want the Arena 9 cards. I WOULD PAY TO GET THE CARDS. I just want to play all the decks and own one of each common/rare/epic. That's seriously all I want. I'll go back down to rank 5 after. I just want to have fun and play this game. Gah, fuck this games stupid level cap to get new cards.

• Options
    This fucking game. I get to 2595 trophies, need 5 more to get to Arena 9. Lose 3 games in a row. Rinse repeat. I don't even give a shit about getting to Arena 9 I just want the Arena 9 cards. I WOULD PAY TO GET THE CARDS. I just want to play all the decks and own one of each common/rare/epic. That's seriously all I want. I'll go back down to rank 5 after. I just want to have fun and play this game. Gah, fuck this games stupid level cap to get new cards.

You'll get there eventually, just keep at it. I found the biggest reason for me to get to a new arena was based around my crown level. Getting that +10% health/damage bonus is a huge deal.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You'll get there eventually, just keep at it. I found the biggest reason for me to get to a new arena was based around my crown level. Getting that +10% health/damage bonus is a huge deal.
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I know I will at some point it's just that I don't care for any reason but having access to the cards. Literally the only reason why I care if I win or lose is because I want to get new cards to play with.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    t1svwpcpek5y.png
    Now we're talking!

Metal Jared on
  • Options
    So Goblin Gang is out now! If you're in arena 9 you can get a bunch of them for 100 gems. They seem pretty cool given the videos I've seen. Also Elite Barbs are still beasts. I've been using them in most of my decks. I also added in baby dragon who has been great against air and minions. We haven't been doing great with the clan chests lately but I know it's hard. Having one every week makes it infinitely tougher.

If I were to set up a clan tournament would you guys play? I think they cost a 100 gems and I'd be happy to offer them up given that I have a bunch (I just bought the arena 9 combo pack) so let me know if you guys are interested!

• Options
    Hit 3K which is nice. Now I have to wait and see if Graveyard/Log/Miner pop up for me to purchase.

• Options
    Hit 3K which is nice. Now I have to wait and see if Graveyard/Log/Miner pop up for me to purchase.

Congrats! What level are you? I've been hovering around 2800 but just playing around with random decks. I need something wacky to play

• Options
    I'm still 3K and am level 10 (13K out of 30K). It was a yo-yo ride as I would go on a winning streak and then a losing streak. Amusing as one day I was playing and saw that I was playing against a 2864 guy and thought why am I playing against that? I'm only 2600.

Turns out that I was in the 2800's and just didn't realize it.

• Options
    Got to 3000, dropped to 2800.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options

Womp womp :(

• Options

I was my fault for immediately switching to a goblin bullshit deck that I had a lot of fun playing but got me totally stomped.

I'm back to my legendary bowler/graveyard deck and almost back to 3000.

• Options

I was my fault for immediately switching to a goblin bullshit deck that I had a lot of fun playing but got me totally stomped.

Can I see your list?

• Options
    edited March 2017

Can I see your list?

Sure, this started as a joke deck where I put all the legendaries I had the time into a single deck on the basis that legendaries are OP so a whole deck of legendaries must be brilliant right?

And it worked really well!

Log, Ice Wizard, Flappy Burn Laser, Princess, Tornado, Fireball, Bowler, Graveyard.

I used to run arrows instead of fireball but fireball is strictly better in the deck. It also used to have Giant instead of Bowler but bowler has such incredible defensive power against Elite Barbs that if gets the nod. With Bowler instead of Giant I get slightly fewer wins but a lot less losses. I draw a lot more!

The win condition is Bowler/Graveyard. But you can often sneak an opposite lane Inferno Dragon while you are scaring the crap out of them with graveyard on the main push.

At the start play ice wizard on 9 or bowler on 8 to force action on your favoured lane. Tornado any hog or miner to activate your king tower.

The deck is about working up a mana advantage with both offensive and defensive plays with the bowler to build for your Graveyard push. But there are lots of alternative victory paths. You can go incredibly defensive and work on chip damage via Princess/Fireball/Log.

What is the deck weak too? Ironically Graveyard as I don't have a hoard card to out DPS the skeleton spawn. Also Inferno Dragon is almost always a positive elixir trade for the opponent as the anti air in the deck is weak.

Tornado is a really, really important card for the deck ground attacks to be bowled and air attacks to be fireballs and to lane switch defenders trying to stop the graveyard.

You can get some aaaaaaawful opening hands. Log, fireball, tornado, graveyard means you have to wait for the opponent to play.

Alistair Hutton on

• Options
    Well I somehow got Legendary Arena today with:
    Log
    Zap
    EB
    Electro Wizard
    Musketeer
    Skarmy
    Mega Minion
    Executioner

And winning 5 in a row. I didn't even realize I was that high. Elite Barbarians are still so strong and so many games if you play them early with a zap in hand you're going to do massive damage. The choice to have Musketeer/EW/MM/Executioner was because of how many lavaloon decks I keep seeing. I can usually prevent most if not all the damage from those pushes. Electro wizard might be my favorite given it gives me another zap for defense if needed.