Options

Webcomics changed my life

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Thats not...skimming.

Donations to a church can be spent however it wants. Not saying its right but its not criminal. No one is forced to put money in the basket.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the other joyce sibling called it skimming I thought

makes no difference really

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Really depends on how open they were about the car being purchased by the Church and what not.

You can absolutely embezzle funds from a Church, it being a donation doesn't make it so it can't be fraudulent.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The churches I've attended have always held a congregational vote before going through with any large expenditures.

Although it would still rub me the wrong way if the church voted to buy a car just for one kid.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    guys this is a simple explanation

it's a christian organization in DOA

it's gonna suck

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's the strip in question about the car and how John was called out on it.
    2016-04-05-trendy.png

It's not just a matter of John getting the car from funds originally intended for the poor but the fact that he doesn't really NEED it seeing he's supposed to be doing missionary work in India. Like, if he needs a car while he's in town, it probably should have been a simpler, less expensive car then a Mustang.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    And your taking as gospel (pun intended) that the guy who is probably secretly gay, is not making a smart ass comment which may be pretty far from the truth? Do you complain when your work gives you a free phone to use, or laptop? or travel expenses?

Just saying that strip shows a very one sided conversation and never follows up with what followed or could be construed as any kind of defense. Convienent that.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    wjLM8tPl.gif
    Are you sure Mark? I bet Gabe can make a great bat stew.
    9NfpMIEl.gif
    Hey, quick question: are these girls who were mean to Dawn supposed to be the same girls who later took in a non-specific Jennifer Lawrence film with her? Anyway, either way, you’d think Dawn would’ve noticed that they’d stopped harassing her by now. “Maybe their bullying and criticism was just to get a reaction out of me! Fortunately God hardened my heart, just like He did Pharaoh’s. No act of human cruelty or kindness can touch me now!”
    7q6XLm1l.gif
    This time the spiders serving the buffet are on strike!

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    azith28 wrote: »
    And your taking as gospel (pun intended) that the guy who is probably secretly gay, is not making a smart ass comment which may be pretty far from the truth? Do you complain when your work gives you a free phone to use, or laptop? or travel expenses?

Just saying that strip shows a very one sided conversation and never follows up with what followed or could be construed as any kind of defense. Convienent that.

Jocelyne(the one with glasses and blue eyes) is trans, but she can't be open to her family because they're fundies. At least read the thing you are criticizing, for fuck's sake.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Look man if your church stole money from the poor to buy you an expensive car there is no reason to get all defensive, we're talking about the webcomic not you

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    And also, I don't give a shit if it's technically legal or not, any church that takes donations and uses them for frivolous luxuries sounds like a pretty fucking awful church to me.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    FCD wrote: »
    And also, I don't give a shit if it's technically legal or not, any church that takes donations and uses them for frivolous luxuries sounds like a pretty fucking awful church to me.

See also: entire history of every church since inception.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Thats not...skimming.

Donations to a church can be spent however it wants. Not saying its right but its not criminal. No one is forced to put money in the basket.
    The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

The church giving John a phone or money to use while he's abroad is one thing. It's that they bought him a car that (according to Google) costs at least $23-24,000 dollars to use while he's home and thus of no use to his missonary work is the problem. That and it pushes him right into the hypocrite zone when he starts proclaiming that Joyce and Becky are simply feeling entitled and have no legit problems.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    asap? more like oh snap!

160614a.gif

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Intestinal cancer is supposedly as painful as crohn's, so I definitely feel for her.

The bright side is that Stale has lived with deadly cancer for years and years and years and he is still kicking.

is he? I don't think I've seen him around here in quite a while.

He's better than ever, just not on the forums.

But I wouldn't tale dans ability to consistently kick death in the face as any kind of encouragement. We all know he made a pact with a demon a long time ago.

the demon got the raw end of the deal, knowing Stale

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    1465935134-mikoko.jpg
    Aaaand a change of scene.

Let's find out how Miko is doing...

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    nsfw

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    woof

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    6hs4eksvyc5e.jpg

p.jpg 360.6K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    swolefur thread

@Big Red Tie

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    x11aq79bgp5u.png
    Weinersmith was given a prominent position as the primary Quisling in the Robot Wars.
    amtxm7t5l2iq.png

this isn't really much of a joke

but it is a good demonstration of the postmodern critique/cultural relativism on ethics

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1465946859-Ch5Pg126.png
    next time on paranatural: ollie oop straight up murders a dude
    WELCOME... TO THE SCHOOL STORE!

Also in less exciting news, I've got some life and freelance work responsibilities that are going to eat up the rest of my week, so there will be some art put up instead of a page this Friday! Nothing fancy, but something to check back for! In the meantime, I'll get to stay on schedule and work ahead a little on the next updates. Thanks for your patience! See you next time! :^)

Paranatural

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I see those gay girls

and I approve

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    im the depressed green thing sat on the counter

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    261_sly_whistle.jpg

Return to form

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    lossdot jaypeg
    http://loss-dot-jpg.tumblr.com/
    I was looking for the Besiege animation for the gif thread...

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    statler wrote: »
    261_sly_whistle.jpg

Return to form

I could *never* manage to do that either

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    nw02_153.jpg

nw02_154.jpg

North World: Epic of Conrad ran as a webcomic in 2007-2008. The original webcomic site is now down, but the comic is available on the author's website. It has also been published by Oni Press as a paperback

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    It's

happening

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Time to play the game "Is this the same character that appeared earlier and the art style has changed or is this a new character?"

Renees's earlier appearance.
    latest?cb=20110214005820

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I am guessing same character, based on that they both have gauges

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Well if that's the only criteria you're gauging her by...

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    some dude was reading the Demon book on the train platform on my way home

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    444.gif

supermega is back

l3icwZV.png
This discussion has been closed.