Options

Webcomics changed my life

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    kk20160615.jpg
    It just occurred to me that Kevin and Kell is my soap opera webcomic crack.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    ja5fssaow160.jpg
    Forgive me.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    jesus christ let's get some good webcomics on this page

543.jpg

stand still stay silent READ A BOOK

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    jesus christ let's get some good webcomics on this page

543.jpg

stand still stay silent READ A BOOK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I do not approve of your flippant use of emoticons, cease and desist or face the consequences
    :cry:

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I'm a bit surprised Mottom is catering to her abusive husband's needs after trying to kill him. She, Goddess of the seven part world, Imperiatrix of the Gates of Fire.

But I guess it's necessary for her eternal life. She did admit to being a coward.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    nw02_154.jpg

nw02_155.jpg

North World: Epic of Conrad ran as a webcomic in 2007-2008. The original webcomic site is now down, but the comic is available on the author's website. It has also been published by Oni Press as a paperback

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    new k6bd is up.

uh.

dang.

holy shit D:

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    ja5fssaow160.jpg
    Forgive me.

This is soooooo me!

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ronya wrote: »
    I could see Demon being novel and amusing - especially the first few chapters - if you're reading it as a compiled comic rather than a daily webcomic, and also your point of reference is print comics

A lot of the pacing does work much better a chapter at a time, rather than a day at a time. It doesn't make the plot holes go away, or the characters less awful, but some bits of it feel quite different as a book, rather than when you're waiting 30 days for someone to finish falling off a building.

djmitchella on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh hey are those fuckers actually about to kill a monster?

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    kk20160615.jpg
    It just occurred to me that Kevin and Kell is my soap opera webcomic crack.

I read it semi randomly, sometimes months go by without reading a script.
    Usually this offers no impediment to understanding what is going on.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    it is time for the jerkdump

jerkcity6312.gif
    jerkcity6313.gif
    jerkcity6314.gif
    jerkcity6315.gif
    jerkcity6316.gif
    jerkcity6317.gif
    jerkcity6318.gif
    jerkcity6319.gif
    jerkcity6320.gif
    jerkcity6321.gif
    jerkcity6322.gif
    jerkcity6323.gif
    jerkcity6324.gif
    jerkcity6326.gif
    jerkcity6327.gif
    jerkcity6329.gif
    jerkcity6330.gif
    jerkcity6331.gif
    jerkcity6332.gif

#3 is me

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    kevin and kell is the closest webcomics have to a newspaper comic

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Oh hey are those fuckers actually about to kill a monster?
    Fight guy even joined the party! They gon fuck shit up now
    But where's the healer...?

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Nah, the premise is WAY to creepy for regular newspapers.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Nah, the premise is WAY to creepy for regular newspapers.

sMSPsgQ.gif

god I miss you so much, margo

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    NP9XMsj.jpg

Meredith Gran is also doing an art/sketch book for benignkingdom, there's a kickstarter for it too

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular

Hey Johnny? These are great, but that last one? That might not be a string you want to pull on considering some of your earlier troubles in that area.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Please spoiler that huge jerkcity

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    is jerkcity what we're calling Octopus Pie now?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    No....Beasteh's post.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    yes, I know, I was... I was trying to make a joke about how everyone in Octopus Pie is a jerk

and they live in a city

I didn't say it was good.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Radius wrote: »
    yes, I know, I was... I was trying to make a joke about how everyone in Octopus Pie is a jerk

and they live in a city

I didn't say it was good.

I caught it, and agree with you.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    More like Berkcity

Wait

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    4nKQ1RJ.gif

So...I was wrong about him taking off his shirt, and I also I did not envision Mark's face looking so weird.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    berk..

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think being sucked into an underground river and drowning and also panicking to death due to the utter blackness and mind-shitting confinement is probably one of the worst possible ways to go

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    *man begins to drown*

"Wow, a woman was right!"

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    so how the hell are the other people in the cave supposed to know if mark found a way out safely or not?

just... hope? cause I don't think cellphones like being that far under ground.

maybe the burning fires of carina's passion for mark will tell her that he is still alive.

Label on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I think being sucked into an underground river and drowning and also panicking to death due to the utter blackness and mind-shitting confinement is probably one of the worst possible ways to go

It's right up there with being burned to death using smokey the bandit flyers.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    so how the hell are the other people in the cave supposed to know if mark found a way out safely or not?

just... hope? cause I don't think cellphones like being that far under ground.

maybe the burning fires of carina's passion for mark will tell her that he is still alive.

He suggested that he might be able to come back for them.
    Against the current.
    In what is probably complete darkness.

It was not a well thought through plan.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    1465978513-1.jpg
    Whenever people ask me if anything 'surprised' me about Japan, this is usually my answer. I'm not sure I ever saw what we would think of as a 'normal' bar in Kurihara. It was all Snack Bars. I only ever want to one alone once, and it was a very strange and expensive evening. It ended when I saw one of the ladies take some money out of the wallet of a passed out patron and then call him a cab. You knew this was not the first time they had this interaction. Seemed like a good time to head home.

Let's Speak English

Edit: Apparently she was... misinformed by her coworkers what "nijikai" meant, here's the original:
    1465976833-1.jpg

Yeah, nijikai is second party. I had some parties even go to a sanjikai (third party) and one once went to a yonjikai (4th). It's basically every time you change locations. Which just involves a group of drunken teachers stumbling from one side of town to another. It's something special.

Also, snack bars are like the most depressing god damn thing in the world. It is just sad stacked on top of sad. The gardener at my school loved one local snack bar, the girls there were from the Philippines and could speak English and missed speaking it, so he would try to drag me there every chance he got to try and impress them to make them like him more. To the point where he lied to me multiple times about where we were going, once going so far to say that it was his birthday party, before I caught on as to what he was doing. When we went for "his" birthday party, it was actually the birthday party of his favorite girl at the snack bar and he brought her a giant bouquet of flowers like the size of a person, a bunch of other gifts, an expensive thing of booze to drink with her... and within like 30 minutes of being there she got a call from some other patron of the bar she had to take and then left to be with him. Like I said, the most depressing god damn places on the planet.

Our town used to have a decent, actual bar that for some bizarre reason had like the best Caribbean jerk chicken in the world. It was called LaLaLa Bar and was the side business of the local bad kids turned responsible community focused adults that ran one of the local car repair shops. Nice place, pool tables and karaoke and tons of food and booze. But I think they closed down right when Mary was getting into town and they became another snack bar. Such is rural life in Japan.

Do they not have strip clubs over there or something?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    1465978513-1.jpg
    Whenever people ask me if anything 'surprised' me about Japan, this is usually my answer. I'm not sure I ever saw what we would think of as a 'normal' bar in Kurihara. It was all Snack Bars. I only ever want to one alone once, and it was a very strange and expensive evening. It ended when I saw one of the ladies take some money out of the wallet of a passed out patron and then call him a cab. You knew this was not the first time they had this interaction. Seemed like a good time to head home.

Let's Speak English

Edit: Apparently she was... misinformed by her coworkers what "nijikai" meant, here's the original:
    1465976833-1.jpg

Yeah, nijikai is second party. I had some parties even go to a sanjikai (third party) and one once went to a yonjikai (4th). It's basically every time you change locations. Which just involves a group of drunken teachers stumbling from one side of town to another. It's something special.

Also, snack bars are like the most depressing god damn thing in the world. It is just sad stacked on top of sad. The gardener at my school loved one local snack bar, the girls there were from the Philippines and could speak English and missed speaking it, so he would try to drag me there every chance he got to try and impress them to make them like him more. To the point where he lied to me multiple times about where we were going, once going so far to say that it was his birthday party, before I caught on as to what he was doing. When we went for "his" birthday party, it was actually the birthday party of his favorite girl at the snack bar and he brought her a giant bouquet of flowers like the size of a person, a bunch of other gifts, an expensive thing of booze to drink with her... and within like 30 minutes of being there she got a call from some other patron of the bar she had to take and then left to be with him. Like I said, the most depressing god damn places on the planet.

Our town used to have a decent, actual bar that for some bizarre reason had like the best Caribbean jerk chicken in the world. It was called LaLaLa Bar and was the side business of the local bad kids turned responsible community focused adults that ran one of the local car repair shops. Nice place, pool tables and karaoke and tons of food and booze. But I think they closed down right when Mary was getting into town and they became another snack bar. Such is rural life in Japan.

Do they not have strip clubs over there or something?

Not out where I was, at least. Can't speak for the big cities. But, I mean, we have pretty similar things over here like Hooters for example.

• Options
    Is it just me, or is Ronnie's shirt more-than-usually undone in today's Whomp!?

1465954912-2016-6-15-Face-To-Facade.jpg
    Face to Facade
    You want a face that says, “Look at me. Now look away in initial shock. Now look again. Internalize the surreal dysfunction glaring back at you. Never look back, for the terror face always looks forward.”

• Options
    Kris Straub has some unusual ideas about disciplining children in today's Chainsawsuit:
    20160614_knowitall.png
    mr. know-it-all

it’s on my diploma and everything. my towels are monogrammed I-F-K

This discussion has been closed.