As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    The new action camera looks so great.

I can't wait to find out what raid mechanics instantly make it non viable

Look unless you've raid healed as a mistweaver you ain't gotta talk about bullshitty camera bullshit. I can't even remember how many times I died to fucking trains because Soothing Mist locked my facing to a different direction than my camera was panned so I rolled in a completely random direction.

You know you can turn that off right?

I figured it out after a while but it was a fucking nightmare in the interim.
    Dys wrote: »
    On a side note, I'm drunkenly naming a DnD character right now. I'm making a really scummy halfling.

How does Scumsworth sound for a last name? Too on the nose?

Nigel "Honeyfingers" Deeppockets

He's going to be the kind of guy who "owns this town" according to him and him alone. So this might be pretty dang good.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    In order to make heroic dungeons relevant again we've sacrificed 3 raid tiers.

But we're bringing back the Troll raid.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    He's going to be a ranger with a boar pet who takes care of those he needs to get rid of.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

yaaaaaaaay

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

You monsters!

• Options

yaaaaaaaay

We're gonna go to Gundrak for some reason, too.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Eck for end boss 2016

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Give me all the Troll raids
    Give me a mod that makes all raid into troll raids

mkc.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    We almost had an ICC run back in wrath that was almost all trolls.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I'd rather be in a raid with 10 male gnomes with /train bound to every skill than a bunch of trolls. Fucking trolls can't even wear shoes!

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    I never wear shoes because they makes me fall down

mkc.png
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    I think I'm the only WoW player to never be sick of troll raids/dungeons. Both versions of ZG were especially cool as hell, imo

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Lord Dave wrote: »

That balances out with your wife's stance on shoes.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular

That balances out with your wife's stance on shoes.

Mirren doesn't wear shoes because Montina has claimed them all

It all makes sense now

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    SXLDy6NhFo6kw.gif

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Leveling a paladin right now is reminding me how much I hate some of the old dungeons.

Like the redone Scarlet Monestary and Scholomance were so nice and straightforward, and then you run something like Dire Maul and Maraudon and you remember why Vanilla was awful all over again.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    those dungeons were designed when trash pulls were hairy, it's hard to compare the pacing of how they were then

Walt on
  • Options

trolls were behind the burning legion
    archimonde was 2 trolls standing on top of each other in a trenchcoat

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

trolls were behind the burning legion
    archimonde was 2 trolls standing on top of each other in a trenchcoat

Wait, please explain the concept of things standing on a trenchcoat to appear taller. I'm interested for no particular reason.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »
    SXLDy6NhFo6kw.gif

GOD DAMMIT thank you! No one got the reference and it was figuratively killing me.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I only played the lfr version of the panda troll raid, but that's the only one I didn't like.

Zg and za were goddamn amazing

• Options
    ZG amazing? I never had the opportunity to do the cata version on-level, but the level 60 version ranged from fights for babies to stupid bullshit RNG in a real hurry.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    OG Zul'Gurub was amazing due to the Hoodoo Piles and massacring half the raid group if people weren't paying attention.

Also the Blood Plague. That was such a hilarious "event" even at the time. Ironforge completely empty, skeletons everywhere, the whole server fleeing for their lives to remote zones and the "carriers" of the plague (hunters and warlocks) trying to get to those safe zones to infect everyone else.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    OG Zul'Gurub was amazing due to the Hoodoo Piles and massacring half the raid group if people weren't paying attention.

Also the Blood Plague. That was such a hilarious "event" even at the time. Ironforge completely empty, skeletons everywhere, the whole server fleeing for their lives to remote zones and the "carriers" of the plague (hunters and warlocks) trying to get to those safe zones to infect everyone else.

Oh yeah resummoning Huldoon at the AH and spreading the bubols to the whole of Ironforge was great, but the panther and raptor bosses were horribly RNG (for the time) and Hakkar was basically impossible without a Hunter. I really liked the bat, spider and voodoo bosses, but the others were really tiring as a healer. I much preferred AQ20 to ZG.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    aq20 is probably one of my favorite raids in the game, but I remember being fond of zg at the time

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    aq20 is probably one of my favorite raids in the game, but I remember being fond of zg at the time

Ossirian the Unscarred is probably my second favorite encounter in the game, with C'Thun (once he was fixed) being my favorite. Heavy, heavy mechanics fights that don't punish bad gear are things I really enjoy.

• Options
    AQ20 was also lots of fun but a bit undertuned I think. AQ40 was a different story. A good raid, but fuck 1) farming Maraudon for NR gear and 2) Twin Emps trash

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    ossirian was a huge badass

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    AQ20 was also lots of fun but a bit undertuned I think. AQ40 was a different story. A good raid, but fuck 1) farming Maraudon for NR gear and 2) Twin Emps trash

Our guild never even attempted Ouro because it involved 3 more pulls of that post-Emps bullshit. The four mindflayer pack was the worst trash pack in any raid by at least a million billion miles.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Undertuned? It was intended for people who were just starting raiding so it was kinda perfect.

• Options
    So in my usual romp through BT for glaives and pets I have learned that Defile is downright magical.

Round up a bunch of mobs, go to the boss, and drop Defile in the pile.

Then I discovered the concubines mind control. Poor decoy.

• Options
    Our guild was doing ZG and AQ20 every week for a time and AQ was the easier of the two for us, which seemed weird. Results may vary. /shrug

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Leveling a paladin right now is reminding me how much I hate some of the old dungeons.

Like the redone Scarlet Monestary and Scholomance were so nice and straightforward, and then you run something like Dire Maul and Maraudon and you remember why Vanilla was awful all over again.

Ive been leveling a druid burr. Man oh man I hate half of these lower end dungeons.
    Getting that LBRS where somebody doesnt know where to go and pulls half the instance because they fell down the ledge.
    Blackrock in general is just bad. At least eventually every blackrock is the upper part of it and it's (mostly) a straight line.
    Gnomeregan where people want to do the that boss at the start instead of just jumping straight down...
    The first(???) wing of Dire maul where you have to go down that longass side path for one quest. The second wing where you have to double back a bunch...
    Also escape from durnholde, where you spend 50% of the dungeon walking down roads waiting for thrall to catch up.

I really just want every dungeon to be Hellfire Ramparts or Shattered halls. Relatively linear, high mob density, and a shortcut back to the start for all the quest turn ins (And yes I know I can tele out and in. But then you get shit like... mana tombs(?) where there's a quest turn in halfway through the dungeon.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    LBRS may not be great for just doing runs in, especially with people who don't know the instance already, but it's an interesting location in a way that the "straight shot from the instance gate to the last boss" instances aren't. Same with blackrock depths. I guess a coop multiplayer game where everyone just wants to get through it as efficiently as possible is just the wrong kind of game for that sort of interesting but convoluted dungeon design. If it were solo content or in a single player RPG it would have more room to be complicated.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    LBRS may not be great for just doing runs in, especially with people who don't know the instance already, but it's an interesting location in a way that the "straight shot from the instance gate to the last boss" instances aren't. Same with blackrock depths. I guess a coop multiplayer game where everyone just wants to get through it as efficiently as possible is just the wrong kind of game for that sort of interesting but convoluted dungeon design. If it were solo content or in a single player RPG it would have more room to be complicated.

Its definitely the sort of dungeon id love delving in say... skyrim.
    But when im just trying to blitz the place, grab my exp, and get the hell out, well... im never a fan of killing a boss, turning around, and seeing this because some death knight fell off a cliff and got lost.
    QVxFuGs.jpg

• Options
    The fucking fuck is a DK doing in BRD?

Also, as far as instances for xp goes, BRD is by far the worst because you never know which one your queue sent you into, and it's fucking enormous and awful. I usually just did Swamp of Sorrows to get to 57 and got my ass to Outland.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    If I remember right you actually do know which one your queue sends you into now, because there'll be a pop-up quest saying who you need to kill.

Also I'm sure that DK is just as confused. "This isn't Hellfire Ramparts..."

Madican on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

But when im just trying to blitz the place, grab my exp, and get the hell out, well... im never a fan of killing a boss, turning around, and seeing this because some death knight fell off a cliff and got lost.
    QVxFuGs.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what is happening in this screenshot, but it looks bad.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

QVxFuGs.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what is happening in this screenshot, but it looks bad.

Dungeon mobs do not leash when aggroed and will chase a player until they die or exit the dungeon. Also when they pass by other mobs they can chain them into the swarm. The Death Knight fell down, found some mobs, and proceeded to bring a bunch of new friends to meet the party.

• Options
    That is also a terrible level range for healers in dungeons, so there's almost certainly no way to recover from that amount of mobs unless that Shaman and DK are really good and actual kiting is attempted.

Oh, wait, I see the DK is actively looting in the middle of the fight, so lol at that idea.

This discussion has been closed.