Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Just hit level 20; I thought it was really cool that I automatically unlocked my first mount rather than having to buy one off the bat.

That said, questing in the Barrens really, really sucks up until you hit 20, since everything is so far apart and Tauren walk very slow.

Im going to mention that you should hop on a zeppelin to the undercity and do quests on that side of the continent instead.
    Because hillsbrad foothills is level 25 (I think?) and man oh man it is the best.
    Also both plaguelands are pretty cool imo.

Definitely agree, the Eastern Kingdoms quests are overall much more fun.

I'll check it out, but I'm probably gonna try to wrap up Ashenvale first.

Seriously, Night Elves, why do you want to invade the Barrens so bad? It's called the Barrens. What about that is attractive to you?

Also, stat question; for a tank Paladin build, what should I be focusing on most? Just straight Stamina?

This wont come up until you're much higher level. But

in general
    Primary stats (Strength in your case) > Bonus armor > Haste until 50% > Mastery > Crit > vers > multistrike > haste (past 50%)
    Prot paladins are a little weird in that strength isnt actually all that good tank-wise but... I think we're still on the "Grab the highest ilvl thing you can find" itemization path.

I dont even remember if anything besides heirlooms has bonus armor on it at lower levels. And mastery doesnt exist until... cataclysm?

You really shouldnt worry too much about your gear until you hit 100 though. Normally just take the higher ilvl stuff because it's better (So long as it has higher Str+Stamina on it.)

Oh man this just reminded me about leveling up my Warrior as Prot with the fuckoff BA proc enchant on my heirloom weapon. I remember going from 1000 Shield Slams to like 15k with the proc up, it was completely batshit.

I think they finally got around to nerfing some of the lower level BA gear. Because twinks in bg's were essentially immortal and also like 4 shotting people because they had ridiculous amounts of Bonus armor at level like, 60.

only four shotting in twink BGs? did they have weapons equipped?

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I think every PVP server has the person who's got top tier gear and ganks people but is actually bad and can't win in a fair fight. Our server's is a feral druid named Sushi who runs away as soon as there's any indication they're losing.

It's super funny when one of the actual gladiators show up and run them off the island, though. Sadly, Katrina is a Windwalker monk and, as such, can escape from any fight for any reason she wants and nothing can catch up with that.
    Windwalker Monk is being indirectly nerfed in Legion with the introduction of Demon Hunters. Not even Flying Serpent Kick will save you!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    In an effort to reduce the amount of gear swapping between specializations, the following changes have been made.

Legion cloaks, rings, and items worn on the neck are no longer tied to a specific primary stat, and will remain relevant between specializations.

Spirit and Bonus Armor have been removed.

Multistrike has been removed. Items that had multistrike have had it replaced with another secondary stat.

Trinkets obtained from Raids, PvP, and world drops in Warlords were overtuned and have been brought back to intended power levels.

Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.

hmmm

edit*
    Tab targeting logic has been reworked, and should now behave in a more consistent and predictable manner.

we can only hope

Xehalus on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20152210/introducing-the-one-button-authenticator-6-16-2016

everyone can now be authenticated (if you have a smart phone)

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

that's really quite nice, especially if it makes an android notification for it too

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

This is great because the iPhone authenticator app gets out of sync every 9 (maybe it was more?) months or so and you have to go through some rigmarole to 'reset' the fucker.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    That is a neat quality-of-life upgrade for authenticatoring.
    Although I only get asked for a code once in a blue moon now

mkc.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Oh man I hadn't heard about this
    Personal Loot
    Players liked the social feeling from group loot and being able to pass along items they don't need to other players.
    In Legion, if you get an item from a dungeon or raid with personal loot that isn't an upgrade for you (lower or equal item level for that slot), you can trade it to another eligible player.

That is just delightful

mkc.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    About damn time.

• Options
    That's an amazing change. Is there a list of shit like that I can look at?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    MMO-Champ has their notes up, some stuff looks nice but other stuff is ugh. I really don't like the Titanforge system they've got in place, it's like the mythic dungeon random warforge system except 10x worse, because now you can titanforge anywhere from 5 ilvls up to something like 60 ilvls from random dungeon gear. I suppose we musn't forget that Random Is Fun.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    MMO-Champ has their notes up, some stuff looks nice but other stuff is ugh. I really don't like the Titanforge system they've got in place, it's like the mythic dungeon random warforge system except 10x worse, because now you can titanforge anywhere from 5 ilvls up to something like 60 ilvls from random dungeon gear. I suppose we musn't forget that Random Is Fun.

You mean the thing where you can do a regular dungeon and get a small chance at mythic level shit?

Nah, that's fine.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Personal Loot
    Players liked the social feeling from group loot and being able to pass along items they don't need to other players.
    In Legion, if you get an item from a dungeon or raid with personal loot that isn't an upgrade for you (lower or equal item level for that slot), you can trade it to another eligible player.

That is just delightful

Yeah I think I'm officially in favor of transitioning to personal loot all the time due to this change

• Options

I actually think titanforge is something big as a baseline like 30. 5-10 would still be war forged

If war forged is like rolling a 16 or better, titanforged would be rolling a perfect 20

• Options
    If it was just a big like +30 or nothing, I'd be less annoyed by it, but I'm hugely against the massive RNG of making your loot exceptionally better that has been creeping along since they introduced Thunderforge back in MoP.

It's not only a random chance to upgrade, it's a random level of a random upgrade. That's what bugs me. Just like how currently I'd be less annoyed at the wf/socket if it was one or the other, not a random chance to get either or both.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Nice, now I get to see how often people in China try to log into my Bnet account

I used to get a dozen notifications a day from Arena Net

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Personal Loot

That is just delightful

Yeah I think I'm officially in favor of transitioning to personal loot all the time due to this change

there's like almost no downside to PL now, especially if bonus roll dups are tradable too. i guess you could still end up getting items you don't want but can't trade because they're still higher ilevel.

• Options
    Yeah PL is pretty much the best choice if you're not a mythic progression guild. I imagine that they will be adjusting the PL drop rates back down to what they were originally though, because at the moment it drops more loot on average than ML does.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    Personal Loot

That is just delightful

there's like almost no downside to PL now, especially if bonus roll dups are tradable too. i guess you could still end up getting items you don't want but can't trade because they're still higher ilevel.

There's the double-edged sword on fights with guaranteed loot (like tier stuff) where you could get anywhere from 0 to everyone. Other than that though, yeah, it's good

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Yeah PL is pretty much the best choice if you're not a mythic progression guild. I imagine that they will be adjusting the PL drop rates back down to what they were originally though, because at the moment it drops more loot on average than ML does.

inb4 world first guilds do split runs with like, 20 plate wearers so they can all PL stuff and give it to one guy.

• Options

inb4 world first guilds do split runs with like, 20 plate wearers so they can all PL stuff and give it to one guy.

They already do split runs with ML anyway, I imagine they'll just keep doing that.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

They already do split runs with ML anyway, I imagine they'll just keep doing that.

I mean, imagining say, sco gearing up. Killing say, iskar. Slap it on PL and have everyone who can switch themselves to tank-loot-spec. I mean, napkin math time. ML is 5 drops, there's 18 items iskar can drop. That's uh.... 1- (17/18)^5 = 25%ish chance to see the trinket?
    There's 4 items as a tank. So each tank has a 25% chance to get the trinket on PL, and a 25% to get loot regardless. If im doing that math right, then anything over 4 people set to tank spec gives you a higher chance at getting the trinket.
    Repeat process for 4 groups of 5 in a split run and you should increase your chances of seeing stuff you actually want on a reasonable basis.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    You should gear (competent) tanks last.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Wait thats why I got all that druid gear

Oh you guyyyzz

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The PL change would also add greatness if it let us trade coined loot. I don't want to coin the same set of gloves or some bullshit 3 weeks in a row when the item I really want is a trinket off that boss or what-have-you, but there might be someone in the raid that could use the gloves?

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I hope they make heroic dungeons relevant again.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »

What?! Don't you want to raid?!

• Options
    In order to make heroic dungeons relevant again we've sacrificed 3 raid tiers.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

What?! Don't you want to raid?!

Raiding is fun. But I miss chaining heroics with people. Or random queuing and dragging people through on sheer healing ability alone.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Isn't the new greater-rift style mythic dungeons the successor to the heroics of old? Those sound like they have potential.

'Course I guess you can't really chain those with them being like... some sort of lockout system. I bet you can belt em out pretty quick though.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options

I think you'll like mythic raids. It's basically exactly that, with the rewards actually being comparable to raids if you go far enough.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I think you'll like mythic raids. It's basically exactly that, with the rewards actually being comparable to raids if you go far enough.

I would hope that mythic raids are comparable to raids :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Higgins, I will chain all the heroics with you.

Erry day.

• Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Higgins, I will chain all the heroics with you.

Erry day.

YOU HAVE MY AXE

• Options
    edited June 2016
    The new action camera looks so great.

I can't wait to find out what raid mechanics instantly make it non viable

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »

Look unless you've raid healed as a mistweaver you ain't gotta talk about bullshitty camera bullshit. I can't even remember how many times I died to fucking trains because Soothing Mist locked my facing to a different direction than my camera was panned so I rolled in a completely random direction.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    On a side note, I'm drunkenly naming a DnD character right now. I'm making a really scummy halfling.

How does Scumsworth sound for a last name? Too on the nose?

Dys on
  • Options
    Or scrumsworth

• Options

Look unless you've raid healed as a mistweaver you ain't gotta talk about bullshitty camera bullshit. I can't even remember how many times I died to fucking trains because Soothing Mist locked my facing to a different direction than my camera was panned so I rolled in a completely random direction.

You know you can turn that off right?

• Options
    edited June 2016

You know you can turn that off right?

I figured it out after a while but it was a fucking nightmare in the interim.
    Dys wrote: »
    On a side note, I'm drunkenly naming a DnD character right now. I'm making a really scummy halfling.

How does Scumsworth sound for a last name? Too on the nose?

Nigel "Honeyfingers" Deeppockets

Pinfeldorf on
This discussion has been closed.