As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX Thursday] The Triwizard Drinking Tournament 2: $4048.83 raised! Ravenclaw Wins!

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    cjUsfwL.jpg

Sup?

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DaksaDaksa MesaRegistered User regular
    So excited! 6th year of the tournament for me bringing a newbie with me.

• Options
    Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Badgerhax wrote: »
    So my friends are all getting involved in this and and I would love to take part as well. However I don't drink. House elf looks looks like it could be a good way to do that. Are there other ways for a non drinker to join in the fun? Or how does one become a house elf?

@TOGSolid My fiance also doesn't drink (he's got 6 years sober now!) but I feel like the TWDT is the most awesome way to meet PAX folks every year and we are signed up on Ravenclaw OotP. I was wondering (since it sounds like you've already sort of considered this) how he could be a part of the crawl while still participating and having a good time? I think he's really going to enjoy himself with all the fun and excitement regardless :D

• Options
    So my friends are all getting involved in this and and I would love to take part as well. However I don't drink. House elf looks looks like it could be a good way to do that. Are there other ways for a non drinker to join in the fun? Or how does one become a house elf?

@TOGSolid My fiance also doesn't drink (he's got 6 years sober now!) but I feel like the TWDT is the most awesome way to meet PAX folks every year and we are signed up on Ravenclaw OotP. I was wondering (since it sounds like you've already sort of considered this) how he could be a part of the crawl while still participating and having a good time? I think he's really going to enjoy himself with all the fun and excitement regardless :D

• Options

• Options
    Sushi Hero wrote: »

Paging @namelessbanana

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    DarkNutKDDarkNutKD Registered User regular
    Just got my group of around 8 or so to join in on the Slytherin OotP side. Are there any rules about wearing alternate cosplay? I know one of my friends wanted to go in his Dark Jedi costume during the pub crawl.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    DarkNutKD wrote: »
    Just got my group of around 8 or so to join in on the Slytherin OotP side. Are there any rules about wearing alternate cosplay? I know one of my friends wanted to go in his Dark Jedi costume during the pub crawl.

From the OP:
    You can also go nuts with completely alternate theme costumes! I have shown up in the past as Slytherin versions of Hunter S. Thompson, a frat boy, a wizardly cowboy, and classy Victorian wizard. We’ve even had someone show up as Carl from ATHF (FOREIGNER!). Just ensure that your costume doesn’t have any weapons (real or fake), isn’t going to get you arrested/thrown out of the bar, and incorporates your team colours. Do try and keep it relatively themed to your house and something you'd reasonably see out of the Harry Potter universe or an off shoot of it. For instance, my wizardly cowboy had a wand holster, potion vials in the bullet holders, and was blatantly House Slytherin coloured.

Jedi dress like space wizards anyway so they'd probably just look like Hogwarts staff haha.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

Welcome! Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/slytherinootp2016

dm_magic on
    bn4KEyz.png
  • Options
    OP updated with new team leader members and a link to the shirts @ikelewis made!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

From the OP:
    You can also go nuts with completely alternate theme costumes! I have shown up in the past as Slytherin versions of Hunter S. Thompson, a frat boy, a wizardly cowboy, and classy Victorian wizard. We’ve even had someone show up as Carl from ATHF (FOREIGNER!). Just ensure that your costume doesn’t have any weapons (real or fake), isn’t going to get you arrested/thrown out of the bar, and incorporates your team colours. Do try and keep it relatively themed to your house and something you'd reasonably see out of the Harry Potter universe or an off shoot of it. For instance, my wizardly cowboy had a wand holster, potion vials in the bullet holders, and was blatantly House Slytherin coloured.

Jedi dress like space wizards anyway so they'd probably just look like Hogwarts staff haha.

I really hope "Dude with a history of being Mind Controlled and Cloned by evil space witches and evil space wizards, who wears Slytherin-y colors" is acceptable, because that's what I'm wearing!

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    I'm currently at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Los Angeles. I'm gonna buy official Gryffindor head boy and head girl pins. If you're Griffindor Death Eaters, like taking charge while drunk, have a loud boisterous persona and want free pins, sign up now!

• Options
    TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    Sorting for Ilvermorny is now on Pottermore! I was sorted into Pukwudgie. Who else has been sorted?

• Options
    TabbyKat wrote: »
    Sorting for Ilvermorny is now on Pottermore! I was sorted into Pukwudgie. Who else has been sorted?

Thunderbird for me!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    TabbyKat wrote: »

I got Wampus.
    That feels odd when combined with my Ravenclaw sorting.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    valdorvaldor Registered User regular
    Ok, I am not the most knowledgeable for HP stuff, so what are you all talking about.

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    valdor wrote: »
    Ok, I am not the most knowledgeable for HP stuff, so what are you all talking about.

Ilvermorny is the American magic school that JK Rowling announced (along with others around the world). She also included a back story on the founding of the school. All of this can be found on Pottermore. For Ilvermorny, she also created four houses (based on magical creatures). You can now be sorted into one of these four houses. There is some level of resemblance to the Hogwarts houses but they are also very different as the wizards in America had different wishes for their school. Gives you another chance to be sorted and more HP world history.

• Options
    Pukwudgie is my house apperently

3 time TWDT attendee. One year as House Head Boy and Now Head of House for Slytherin DE.
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    skitterbugskitterbug Registered User regular
    Pukwudgie here! Which was a bit odd since I'm Ravenclaw, but I'll take it! :biggrin:

*~o(^.^)o~*
  • Options
    I am actually sorted into Hufflepuff on Pottermore, but I refuse to accept that.

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    CrielCriel Registered User regular
    I'm trying to understand where to sign up. Do we just sign up via the forum? I have 3 people to sign up for whatever house needs it the most(is there a current count?)

• Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    Criel wrote: »
    I'm trying to understand where to sign up. Do we just sign up via the forum? I have 3 people to sign up for whatever house needs it the most(is there a current count?)

Signups are managed in Eventbrite, the link is at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    edited June 2016

In case you dont want to search for it: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/triwizard-drinking-tournament-2-fantastic-drinks-and-where-to-chug-them-tickets-26017115894 Password: GipsyDanger

valdor on
    4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular

In case you dont want to search for it: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/triwizard-drinking-tournament-2-fantastic-drinks-and-where-to-chug-them-tickets-26017115894

hehe, you didn't give them the password.
    Proper Slytherin that I'm sure.

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »

In case you dont want to search for it: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/triwizard-drinking-tournament-2-fantastic-drinks-and-where-to-chug-them-tickets-26017115894

hehe, you didn't give them the password.
    Proper Slytherin that I'm sure.

Hehe, well he only asked where there was to sign up. Ill update the post though.

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    Tom3poTom3po Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    Ill be there this year! first full PAX and first TWDT

• Options
    Do_I_Need_PantsDo_I_Need_Pants Registered User new member
    How do I become head girl for Gryfindor DE?

• Options
    How do I become head girl for Gryfindor DE?

Paging @The_Reflection @TOGSolid

4 Year Pax West Attendee
  • Options
    CrielCriel Registered User regular
    3 for hufflepuff DE 8-) can't wait!!

• Options
    robertrencerobertrence Registered User regular
    3 for hufflepuff DE 8-) can't wait!!

Welcome aboard!

PAX Prime to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] Nachos: [] Cookies: []
    PAX South to do list: Tickets: [X] Hotel: [X] Flight: [X] HQ: [X] BBQ: [] Cookies: []

brigadebanner2013.png
  • Options
    @monika.kelly89@gmail.com

I'll put you in as Head Girl! I'm assuming you and @The_Reflection have gotten in contact already since he Awesomed the post.

Feel free to ask any friends you have that may be interested in volunteering to help fill out the leadership!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    taylorruskataylorruska Registered User new member
    Two here for Gryffindor DE, it'll be my husbands 30th birthday day too, such great timing! ^_^

• Options
    Do_I_Need_PantsDo_I_Need_Pants Registered User new member
    edited July 2016
    @monika.kelly89@gmail.com

I'll put you in as Head Girl! I'm assuming you and @The_Reflection have gotten in contact already since he Awesomed the post.

Feel free to ask any friends you have that may be interested in volunteering to help fill out the leadership!

I haven't yet, but I'm going to message him now!

Do_I_Need_Pants on
  • Options
    Apologies for Gryffindor DE not being very set up yet. I was on a week long vacation. But I'm home now. I'll be setting up a common room FB page tonight. Also we still need a head boy and a house elf. I got real fuckin Harry Potter badges for my head boy and girl from actual Hogwarts in Los Angeles!

• Options
    COMMON ROOM FOR GRYFFINDOR DE

https://www.facebook.com/groups/708720102602246/

COME HANG OUT

• Options
    OP updated with the House Gryffindor common rooms!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    3vilwench 3vilwench Registered User new member
    Display your loyalty to House and Faction!

As a newcomer to the annual pre-PAX charity pub crawl known as the Triwizard Drinking Tournament, I was inspired by the t-shirts created by @ikelewis, and decided to create House & Faction themed buttons and bottle openers to help support the fundraising efforts.

Pin sets include one 2.25" House/Faction Badge pin and three 1" pins - "Accio Alcohol" to help with the drinking challenges, "Aguamenti" to refill your water cup at each stop, and "TWDT 2016" to prove you were there (even if you can't remember it).

Bottle Openers are 2.25" in diameter and include a key ring; attach it to your keys, or even better - string a lanyard through it!

100% of profits from the sale of these buttons will go to Child's Play*.

With special thanks to @TOGSolid for giving me permission to use the House Badge images and the go-ahead to make the buttons, and to @ikelewis for approving my blatant theft of the "Accio Alcohol" phrase.

You can purchase via my Etsy shop here; https://www.etsy.com/shop/SacredPathArts

*For the sake of full disclosure, I'm still working out exactly what the final costs will be, but I'm confident the profit will be at LEAST $5.00 per pin set and $2.50 per bottle opener. I'll update with specific numbers once I know what they are.

83fmf9i37lv3.jpg

9dga973ga2hi.jpg

• Options
    I need one of those bottle openers something fierce. o_o

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    3vilwench wrote: »
    Display your loyalty to House and Faction!

As a newcomer to the annual pre-PAX charity pub crawl known as the Triwizard Drinking Tournament, I was inspired by the t-shirts created by @ikelewis, and decided to create House & Faction themed buttons and bottle openers to help support the fundraising efforts.

Pin sets include one 2.25" House/Faction Badge pin and three 1" pins - "Accio Alcohol" to help with the drinking challenges, "Aguamenti" to refill your water cup at each stop, and "TWDT 2016" to prove you were there (even if you can't remember it).

Bottle Openers are 2.25" in diameter and include a key ring; attach it to your keys, or even better - string a lanyard through it!

100% of profits from the sale of these buttons will go to Child's Play*.

With special thanks to @TOGSolid for giving me permission to use the House Badge images and the go-ahead to make the buttons, and to @ikelewis for approving my blatant theft of the "Accio Alcohol" phrase.

You can purchase via my Etsy shop here; https://www.etsy.com/shop/SacredPathArts

*For the sake of full disclosure, I'm still working out exactly what the final costs will be, but I'm confident the profit will be at LEAST $5.00 per pin set and $2.50 per bottle opener. I'll update with specific numbers once I know what they are.

Ok, update on the cost/profit;
    Pin sets will cost $.78 + .28 in Etsy fees = $1.06 = $6.94 profit per set.
    Bottle openers cost $.89 + .14 in Etsy fees = $1.03 = $2.97 profit each.

I've asked @TOGSolid about allocating fundraising "points" for the sale of buttons, and while I was tempted to go with the option of awarding all the points to my own team, I decided the best thing to do is award points based on house sales (i.e. if you buy a Gryffindor set, Gryffindor gets credit for the money raised) - after all, as much as I want to win, it IS supposed to be about the charity, right? So buy loads of buttons and support your House, Faction, and Charity!

• Options
    I need one of those bottle openers something fierce. o_o

Right?! I may, possibly, have squeeled when I realized I could make bottle openers :D

This discussion has been closed.