Options

[Phalla]tale - Final Day: The End

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Hey guys, what's the chillest undertale track?
    There any good, take an nap and think bout stuff, titles in the soundtrack?

not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LIsrFdEuU

perhaps

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    Heffling wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    Soooo...vote could theoretically never end?

Or is this just a one time extension?

If you read the host notes, you will realize it says that if you vote during the extension, you may not further change your vote. So the most it could go is number of players times five minutes past close.

Heh.
    Time to confuse everyone in overtime by just changing votes to obfuscate the totals.

That sounds like something a human would do.

Maybe I'll just do it because I can :)

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Hey guys, what's the chillest undertale track?
    There any good, take an nap and think bout stuff, titles in the soundtrack?

not really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LIsrFdEuU

perhaps

Main theme probably comes pretty close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBhFHJMVfiI

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I like that main theme. Now I want to buy the game despite not having the time to play it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I like that main theme. Now I want to buy the game despite not having the time to play it.
    I played through once and steam said I only took 6 hours. Its beatable in a weekend assuming you have the free time. Maybe a week if you only played a little at a time.

It is pretty short and straightforward and I guess there is some replay ability but I don't see that as a requirement. Also its only 10 bucks.

• Options
    Also this is the biggest game we've had all year. Second was Final Fantasy and I think third was the Steam game in January.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I played through once and steam said I only took 6 hours. Its beatable in a weekend assuming you have the free time. Maybe a week if you only played a little at a time.

It is pretty short and straightforward and I guess there is some replay ability but I don't see that as a requirement. Also its only 10 bucks.

I just bought Shadowrun: Hong Kong in the Humble Bundle. Haven't had a chance to start it yet but the past two installments were amazing. So you can see the pickle I'm in. Also something something kids and wife want attention apparently etc.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    If we are attacked and don't die, we will be told? Will be told how much we were attacked for?

Can we get a rough idea of what starting stats will be?

• Options
    Oh hmm, wikipedia tells me this game is Earthbound inspired?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    If we are attacked and don't die, we will be told? Will be told how much we were attacked for?

Each player in the game has two main statistics: HP, AT. The value of these statistics is primarily affected by the player's strength of soul, SL. (Exact values based on number of signups and will be noted in opening narration.)

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Presumably specials will have different starting HP and AT and will be told in their villager cover story what a vanillager has.
    Oh hmm, wikipedia tells me this game is Earthbound inspired?

Yes.
    I would reckon a first playthrough would take about 3-4 hours, assuming a little competence in the battle mechanic and not a lot of backtracking.
    If you have no competence in the battle mechanic, you can still complete by giving your save gold and then buying the best armour.

discrider on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular

As part of their daily reports, players that are attacked but survive only know that they were attacked by at least one player, but not which player(s) attacked nor the strength of the attacks. Similar reporting applies for supports.

Starting stats will be finalized tomorrow night, based on number of signups. A declaration for when signups will close will also be prepared for that time.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Day 0?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !sign

• Options

Each player in the game has two main statistics: HP, AT. The value of these statistics is primarily affected by the player's strength of soul, SL. (Exact values based on number of signups and will be noted in opening narration.)
    Read the OP curious about what the values were. Surprised they haven't been finalized yet.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Read the OP curious about what the values were. Surprised they haven't been finalized yet.

This is probably gonna be a little like other battle-enabled games, where what actually amounts to a reasonable value will be based on player-count and desired end-date.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    !It's me, your best friend!

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Day 0?
    No. There's no need for it.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    !It's me, your best friend!
    Jerry?

• Options
    It looks like with 39 players and 3 reserves so far, and with the thread slowing down, we should close signups at the originally-specified time, tomorrow at 9pm PDT / 12am EDT / 4am UTC. (Basically, 24 hours from this post.) I think it's also safe enough to note the standard HP, AT, and SL values for this game. Most players will start at SL 1, which provides 12 HP and 3 AT. Each SL increases HP by 3 and AT by 2 (i.e. a standard player with SL 2 will have 15 HP and 5 AT). This has been edited into the opening post.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think my forum timestamps are off. Its telling me that post was made at 8:00 PDT.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    A MrBlarney phalla is probably the time to break out the big list o' players.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    !Sign Up

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    !Sign Up

Yesssss

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    appreciate the mention, but i already signed up, you nerd

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I've never played the game but yeah sure.

!Signup

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Forty-one players... this has to be the biggest one that's been held in a while.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Thanks for the Phallasignal, but I'm going to pass on this one. Don't know a thing about Undertale.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    eh who knows when we'll get another Blarney game. sign up!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    the thought of signing up fills me with determination

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    I'm down, and this time I'll have alarms on my phone!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea never played it and don't want to feel behind when already busy

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Nyeh heh heh! Sign up!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Well, I checked with MrBlarney, and he said it was no bother, so... remove me from the reserve list cause I'm signing up full time!

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Just to confirm because multiple people said they didn't want to play because they don't know the source
    This game is inspired by the video game Undertale. No knowledge of the source game is required to play in this game.

This is correct, right? Absolutely no knowledge of the game is needed to play?

I haven't played Undertale and feel no desire to change that fact. If that's going to make the game unplayable then I'll just withdraw now.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    This game is inspired by the video game Undertale. No knowledge of the source game is required to play in this game.

It is indeed correct. Everything you need to know to play this game will be provided to you in the opening post, narrations, and role PM.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    What the heck, I'll find the time.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »

It is indeed correct. Everything you need to know to play this game will be provided to you in the opening post, narrations, and role PM.

On that note, please everyone keep spoilers labeled and in spoiler tags for those of us that haven't played it but may in the future

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile