As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jason And The [chat]onauts

BogartBogart Streetwise HerculesRegistered User, Moderator mod
Age has not wearied this wonderful movie. The best skeletons in movie history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY

Check out Talos waking up. He doesn't look very happy. Also my God check out Nigel Green, plainly enjoying himself immensely as Hercules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19iTLbUC-ZQ

I love Ray Harryhausen and revere him only slightly less than Michelangelo.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Those skeletons are classic

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Damn you, work!

No it's cool, really

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    In Monsters Inc the fancy restaurant was named Harryhausens as tribute

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Modern cgi movies are all terrible and we should go back to stop-motion monsters like the skeletons and the hydra.

Discuss.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Modern cgi movies are all terrible and we should go back to stop-motion monsters like the skeletons and the hydra.

Discuss.

Split the difference and use puppets.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Those skeletons are classic

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Damn you, work!

No it's cool, really

I waited the regulation ten minutes!

I am technically correct in posting the thread, which, as every good Centauri knows, is the best kind of correct.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    OMG I am on an infuriating presentation call that just started where every fucking time someone joins a British robot says "X Has joined the conference"

THIS IS A GLOBAL CALL WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE DIALING IN IT IS A FUCKING ENDLESS MELODY OF "Has joined the conference" I'm going to fucking jump off a fucking cliff

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular

Discuss.

Are....you a stop motion monster?

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    OMG I am on an infuriating presentation call that just started where every fucking time someone joins a British robot says "X Has joined the conference"

THIS IS A GLOBAL CALL WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE DIALING IN IT IS A FUCKING ENDLESS MELODY OF "Has joined the conference" I'm going to fucking jump off a fucking cliff

*splat*
    hakkekage has left the conference

• Options
    Wandering with a cheeky try at gazumping the official [chat] appointees there.

This [chat] is all stop-motion monsters all the time.

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Kruite wrote: »

Discuss.

Are....you a stop motion monster?

Man was the real stop-go animation skeleton all along

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »

*splat*
    hakkekage has left the conference

I didn't say my name when the robot asked me to say it

and yes the bitch is saying "Has left the conference" whenever someone leaves too

ahahahaha god what a fucking disaster

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have a friend who I always sound super pretentious when talking about final fantasy to. He likes FFVII the best, and he doesn't like FFVI because he got to the world of ruin and there was no direction so he put it down.

And I'm all THAT'S THE POINT, YOU HAVE NO DIRECTION BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS DON'T! You have to make your own direction, choose your own goals, because the entire point of this part of the game is that even in desolation we can find things to strive for, and life is still worth living and if you will just pay attention to this theme-

and then I realize I sound like a crazy person so I stop.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Damn you, work!

No it's cool, really

I waited the regulation ten minutes!

I am technically correct in posting the thread, which, as every good Centauri knows, is the best kind of correct.

No it's really okay

Work just got me and I didn't even see my notification until it was too late

anyway, I wasn't prepared

I would have probably done something weird like "Hypospadias [Chat]" or "Let's Watch this Animated Demonstration of SRS [Chat]"

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Desc wrote:
    Although what's interesting is revenue too

Table - $9,818.4 million, +6.3%
    Sparkling - $922.4 million, +14.5%

So higher end proseccos and moscatos must be growing too

It's not purely bottomless mimosas

@desc

If some of my good bros are to be believed, sparkling Rosé has been becoming the official drink of the gay dink professional class over the past year or so.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    A student cried in class today. They couldn't log into their computer. They were having trouble spelling their own name.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have a friend who I always sound super pretentious when talking about final fantasy to. He likes FFVII the best, and he doesn't like FFVI because he got to the world of ruin and there was no direction so he put it down.

And I'm all THAT'S THE POINT, YOU HAVE NO DIRECTION BECAUSE THE CHARACTERS DON'T! You have to make your own direction, choose your own goals, because the entire point of this part of the game is that even in desolation we can find things to strive for, and life is still worth living and if you will just pay attention to this theme-

FF6>FF8>FF7.

I loved the world of ruin.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Clash of the Titans 81' was one of my favorite movies as a little kid. I've always been a creature feature lover and the monsters in that were just awesome.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Triple Triad > FF7

The rest of the game...

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I just read a summary of the Star Ocean storyline mentioned previously.

That sounds like it was almost a good idea sparked by hearing about the universe as a simulation.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    A student cried in class today. They couldn't log into their computer. They were having trouble spelling their own name.

Uh... are they sick?

• Options
    I missed my opening for Hypospadias [Chat]

I was supposed to be here, but I was somewhere different

I'm really made a cock-up of that

I pissed away that opportunity

• Options
    Dancing Mad > The Extreme > One Winged Angel

• Options
    shaz wrote:

@Shazkar Shadowstorm This should be good. John Brown is pretty dope.

• Options
    omg this is amazing *cries*

The main person got an operator to come on, who reported on how to stop the entry/exit tone, left, and then suddenly the main person went silent, and there was 5 minutes of awkward "can you hear me?" "Yes" ring around the rosie

This is absurd

• Options
    Desc wrote:

desc

If some of my good bros are to be believed, sparkling Rosé has been becoming the official drink of the gay dink professional class over the past year or so.

As always, gay people are the vanguard and rosé sales are for sure on the way up

Straight girls will co-op it from gay dudes during this summer, one presumes

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Our conference system just uses beeps for joiners. But it's a loud DOOOT. When someone leaves it's a DOOT doot. The end of conference calls sound like lemmings jumping off a cliff

• Options
    Desc wrote:

desc

As always, gay people are the vanguard and rosé sales are for sure on the way up

http://pagesix.com/2014/08/27/rose-running-dangerously-low-in-the-hamptons/
    The Hamptons Rosé shortage of 2014. NEVER 4GET

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Desc wrote:

desc

Nickie asked for Moet Rosé Imperial for mother's day.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Leaving 10 gigs of decade old emails on your exchange account should be a criminal offense

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Let he who has not been there shut the fuck up because fuck you, mr has-it-all together. ( this was aimed at a theoretical person)

Ludious on
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    Our conference system just uses beeps for joiners. But it's a loud DOOOT. When someone leaves it's a DOOT doot. The end of conference calls sound like lemmings jumping off a cliff

that's normally how it works for us too, I've never been in one with a stately posh British cyborg announcing the nobility's arrival

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »

FF6>FF8>FF7.

I loved the world of ruin.

The WoR was great

I can actually, now that my friend has pointed it out, kind of see his complaint - it's an abrupt shift in a lot of things.

But I think that shift is what makes the game great. It could not delve into sorrow and loneliness and the struggle to find meaning in existence without it. If the entire game were in the style of the WoB, it'd be a serviceable RPG. But the WoR stuff, the character growth, the characters' personal victories, and the celebration of life, and love (to directly quote part of the conversation leading to the final battle) is what makes it interesting. I can easily see someone being disappointed if they are in the game for a video game-y plot where they save the world. But if you're in it for characters, for complex stories, then it needs that part of the game, and it does it amazingly. Everything about the world of ruin feels shitty, but at the end everyone separately finds something to live for. I think that's much more important than "WHOO WE SAVED THE PLANET GOOD WORK GUYS"

This discussion has been closed.