As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Daily Show], [Last Week Tonight], & [Comedy News In General]

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Two old friends Skyping and catching up during the Stay At Home order, but it's hilarious so they made the video available for public consumption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vgOzy0Mfsw

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Two old friends Skyping and catching up during the Stay At Home order, but it's hilarious so they made the video available for public consumption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vgOzy0Mfsw

Plus one got paid to do it.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/UnSILVWDKL8

Didn't know things could get dumber but here we are.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I can feel my brain cells dying.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I only needed to hear the first question asked to know that I'm skipping every still clip of them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020
    There's no YouTube video up for the final segment yet, but John Oliver scored a victory this week. An impressive victory for the arts.

Kudos, John. This is the kind of victory America needs right now.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/UnSILVWDKL8

Didn't know things could get dumber but here we are.

My God. "Even when I'm wrong, I'm Right" ?

Can The Colbert Report sue OAN for copyright infringement of the "Stephen Colbert" character since this is somehow not parody?

• Options
    Saturday Night Live apparently put out an episode this weekend, with everyone submitting bits recorded at home, hosted by Tom Hanks from his kitchen.

Weekend Update conferenced in a handful of audience members in to provide a laugh track, I thought it worked pretty well.

It's on Hulu in full, slowly getting posted to YouTube.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    There's no YouTube video up for the final segment yet, but John Oliver scored a victory this week. An impressive victory for the arts.

Mind explaining for those that don't have HBO?

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

I am guessing John actually got his hands on the rat erotica painting?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

I am guessing John actually got his hands on the rat erotica painting?
    he did! and it's the brightest news story I've seen in fuckin months.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2020

Spoilered for those who have the means to watch the segment but not yet the time.
    Remember the Art 1992 video making the rounds about a month or so back? The one with public access TV auction selling the rat erotica painting?

John saw the video. John then did a segment offering $1000 plus a $20k donation to a food bank local to the current owner for the painting.

And now the former owner has $1000, their local food bank has $20,000, and John has the painting inside his house, along with a DeviantArt folder's worth of furry erotica and fan art helpfully donated by viewers during his quest.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/dRFbwjwQ4VE

Now for your daily serving of Various Corn

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    I kind of feel we've got ahead of most of these various corn stories here. Starting to wonder if I've underappreciated the amount of legwork the Last Week Tonight researchers do, rather than just shifting through old court documents and making calls.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoL8g0W9gAQ

I think John's been getting a lot better at talking without an audience present. If you compare this one to the earliest LWT-stay home editions, the flow is so much better.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoL8g0W9gAQ

I think John's been getting a lot better at talking without an audience present. If you compare this one to the earliest LWT-stay home editions, the flow is so much better.

It's tough to overcome years of conditioning that you should pause after a punchline. I think the material has gotten a bit better too, there are fewer, and shorter, diversions from the main story.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I don't understand the bit at 12:54 where he mentions that the 2006 law makes it illegal for the Postal Service to price parcel delivery below its cost.

Isn't the problem supposed to be that they aren't allowed to raise the price?

RT800 on
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    I don't understand the bit at 12:54 where he mentions that the 2006 law makes it illegal for the Postal Service to price parcel delivery below its cost.

Isn't the problem supposed to be that they aren't allowed to raise the price?

Trump suggests that the USPS is delivering packages for Amazon and FedEx etc. at a loss because they made a "bad deal" with them to deliver all their packages at a lower rate. Oliver disproves this, by pointing out that not only the Act does not allow the USPS to raise their prices beyond certain caps (as said around 6:30), but they are also not allowed to lower their prices below cost, so they can't make any such deal.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Huh.

Kinda wish he'd gone more in-depth as to how and why such a law was passed.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Huh.

The Republicans were trying to kill/privatize the post office.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Huh.

The Republicans were trying to kill/privatize the post office.

It passed by voice vote in the House and unanimous consent in the Senate. It was introduced on the 7th of December and had gotten through congress by the 9th. I know what the Republicans were thinking, but WTF Democrats on that.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bush Era Republicans when they had total control pushed through a ton of ridiculous shit

the Dems were completely useless in that era too

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Just got done watching the episode myself, and it really is riveting stuff. I applaud everyone involved in this.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Bush Era Republicans when they had total control pushed through a ton of ridiculous shit

the Dems were completely useless in that era too

The prepay benefits plan was also the perfect storm of both being financially stupid and completely irresistible to Post Office union bosses who would be long retired and/or dead before they had to worry about the concequences.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Go to Jelle's youtube and watch the recently finished Marbula One series. Then watch the recently started Marbula E series, which features the actual Formula E announcer and is edited by the Formula E production team using their graphics. The "Driver's Eye" camera angle in the Marbula E series is the single greatest couple seconds of youtube video that has and will ever be produced.

If you don't start rooting for a marble team get the fuck out of here you soulless monster.

• Options
    The "Driver's Eye" camera angle in the Marbula E series is the single greatest couple seconds of youtube video that has and will ever be produced.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary links

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    OMG, I love Jelle's marble runs. They're surprisingly entertaining. There's a whole backlog of marbolympics (sp?) you can go through once you're hooked.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    The "Driver's Eye" camera angle in the Marbula E series is the single greatest couple seconds of youtube video that has and will ever be produced.

https://youtu.be/7D-FHaaShvM

Not sure of the timestamp for driver's eye, but the whole thing is phenomenal.

Edit: this is what the real world drivers eye is

https://youtu.be/Nnk9KtyQFt0

Veevee on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    So glad that folks are getting a chance to discover Jelle's in this tough time (And kudos to John Oliver for sponsoring things!)

I suppose I should get a Green Ducks shirt to show off my team support, quack quack MFers

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

https://streamable.com/xmmgef

It's amazing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

https://streamable.com/xmmgef

It's amazing.

That's pretty cool. I bet you could apply a little post there to drop frames relative to a speed curve and get a relatively steady shot out of it.

• Options
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Stephen Colbert with the long ranged dagger.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAm-ZAPfDFQ

The very start to tonight's show made me realize the late night hosts are choosing to keep their hair long and unkempt. I mean, Noah, Meyers, Colbert, etc are network TV celebrities each with a million bucks in the bank - surely they can afford a home visit from grooming professionals who are tested daily. So if it's not fear of catching the virus, is 120 days of no haircuts a show of solidarity? A secret game of chicken to see which host blinks first and gets a trim and then the other scruffy hosts get to needle the neatnick for weeks?

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I’ve yet to see Seth or Steven grown a corona beard, but Trevor’s needs a few more years of drinking full strength whiskey before he can commit to facial hair IMO.

He looks like a teenaged wannabe Iron Man with that not-a-beard!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.