Options

The Magnificent [movies] Thread

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Radcliffe is super impressive in that he isn't just resting on his laurels from Harry Potter

he's going ahead and doing some crazy shit, and that's awesome

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I wasn't aware that Swiss Army Man was directed by the duo that directed the Turn Down For What music video

I really need to take the time to go see it soon

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Post Potter Radcliffe is amazing. One of my favorite actors and people

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3lFBq7_CPk

i wanna see this

also don't read the comments, it's just /pol/ doing its shitty /pol/ thing

This looks pretty good

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that Swiss Army Man was directed by the duo that directed the Turn Down For What music video

they also did Simple Song and a couple other really good videos too

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Radcliffe is super impressive in that he isn't just resting on his laurels from Harry Potter

he's going ahead and doing some crazy shit, and that's awesome

Indeed it is because of the Potter Harrys that he is at liberty to be a farting corpse and etc

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Film crit hulk had a pretty good writeup about them that does a pretty good job of making you want to see their stuff!

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/30/the-daniels-are-the-most-exciting-young-directors-on-the-planet

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The Turn Down for What video is complete nonsense

I didn't know it was well regarded

• Options

Absolutely big tune though

love it to bits

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

Absolutely big tune though

love it to bits

Is it? I always found it incredibly hard to hear after the first few lines.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I know you're joking but I love big room trap

It's like, if post-dubstep American EDM artists invented hardstyle what would that look like

and I like all of those things!

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    toe cutter is suprisingly handsome.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    He has such tiny arms,

On my list of things I don't like about the new Godzilla design, this doesn't even make the cut.

can i see ur list

I don't have the full list on me, but if memory serves it goes something like:

teeth
    cracked flesh
    that uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach I get when looking at him
    teeth
    gross tail
    teeth

hmm yes i agree

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

The Turn Down for What video is a masterpiece.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm not saying it's bad

Zathura is better on every conceivable level, though.

Ahahaha

What!?!?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Ah, shit. I just got around to watching the Movies with Mikey on The Iron Giant. I may need a box of tissues. I wasn't ready for that ending.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    But seriously, Zathura can't even touch Jumanji.

Jumanji is so much better.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Apparently they are remaking IT? As in Stephen King's IT, not information technology.

Dunno how I feel about that. I love the original but maybe a version that isn't three days long would be cool too.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Also that Imperium trailer has made me realise how small Radcliffe is. He's tiny!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Apparently they are remaking IT? As in Stephen King's IT, not information technology.

Dunno how I feel about that. I love the original but maybe a version that isn't three days long would be cool too.

I read about that and the scenes they made but never showed or how unreal Tim Curry is about acting
    still I don't know I have a feeling since the original was about children's horror growing up with them I have a feeling it's just going to be adult/teenage fear with children but then I think they will leave out the children and stick in teens

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I'm still in shock Jumanji has a following, I had absolutely no idea until someone brought it up in the thread a few months ago

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I think it's really great that the Potter main child actors seem to have turned out to be some pretty cool people.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    popping my head in to say that I'm excited for whatever crazy bullshit anno has hidden inside of shin godzilla

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Actually, they are casting super young for the kids in It. They aren't teens or even pre-teens so much as kids. The antagonist kids are a tad older, maybe 13/14? But the main cast are like ten years old. That's pretty awesome.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    It is an interesting thing to remake. I remember when it was originally on TV and it was super scary to me at the time, but being a TV miniseries definitely came with limitations in translating from the book. If it wasn't for Tim Curry I don't think it would be remembered nearly as fondly today. He absolutely was Pennywise.

Steven King stuff has had such a bizarre record for TV/movie interpretations. If it's on TV, it has to have former sitcom actors in it (It had Harry Anderson and John Ritter, the Langoliers had Bronson Pichot, just about every other one had someone from Wings thinking they could do Maine accents) and his movies have been basically 50/50 on good to godawful.

I really hope It does well so we can have them attempt to fix a few more of his books that deserve good movie versions.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    We watched Ava's Possessions last night.

How thay managed to take such a superbly original idea and manhandle it into that trainwreck of a film I cannot know. Such boring dang stereotypical trash and it felt exactly like I was watching a series premiere where everyone cast in it absolutely did not want to be there.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I saw a rumor that they might split it into two movies.

• Options

I saw a rumor that they might split it into two movies.

it actually splits into two pretty easily so that isn't the worst idea ever

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I'm still in shock Jumanji has a following, I had absolutely no idea until someone brought it up in the thread a few months ago

It even had a cartoon series!

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

I just remember it as that tape we turned off an hour in and returned to the store cause it was boring

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So there's a new Star Trek book out and here's a sample of the insanity of Gene Roddenberry
    Following Roddenberry’s 1991 death, Trek novelist Michael Jan Friedman was approached by Paramount-owned Pocket Books to novelize Roddenberry’s mid-1970's “God Thing” script for publication. Friedman says he was “dismayed” when he read Roddenberry's screenplay:

It was disjointed — scenes didn’t work together, didn’t build toward anything meaningful. Kirk, Spock and McCoy didn’t seem anything like themselves. There was some mildly erotic, midlife-crisis stuff in there that didn’t serve any real purpose. In the climactic scene, Kirk had a fistfight with an alien who had assumed the image of Jesus Christ.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So there's a new Star Trek book out and here's a sample of the insanity of Gene Roddenberry
    Following Roddenberry’s 1991 death, Trek novelist Michael Jan Friedman was approached by Paramount-owned Pocket Books to novelize Roddenberry’s mid-1970's “God Thing” script for publication. Friedman says he was “dismayed” when he read Roddenberry's screenplay:

It was disjointed — scenes didn’t work together, didn’t build toward anything meaningful. Kirk, Spock and McCoy didn’t seem anything like themselves. There was some mildly erotic, midlife-crisis stuff in there that didn’t serve any real purpose. In the climactic scene, Kirk had a fistfight with an alien who had assumed the image of Jesus Christ.

So, basically Star Trek V?

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    What does God need with an eight-count?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I just remember it as that tape we turned off an hour in and returned to the store cause it was boring

what on Earth

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

It's a great concept and even in shitty movies, you can typically get some enjoyment out of Robin Williams' acting.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

what on Earth

The scene with all the water was really traumatizing for chincy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

what on Earth

The scene with all the water was really traumatizing for chincy

You joke, but I remember we watched Jumanji in 3rd Grade and I had to ask to be excused because something in the beginning of the movie really freaked me out and I wasn't comfortable watching it.

To this day I've never seen more than about 10 minutes of that movie.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    popping my head in to say that I'm excited for whatever crazy bullshit anno has hidden inside of shin godzilla

what if it is... hideaki anno, piloting godzilla

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Turns out Godzilla is only there as a metaphor for the psychological developments of a young boy growing up and no wait they already made Godzilla's Revenge.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
This discussion has been closed.