As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] More like Fashionframe!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So apparently people cannot do the Sortie rescue mission?

I don't mean as in a bug, I mean as in I've had it failed 3 times in a row. First time, I got one panel. Second time, I got 2. Third time, I got 3. You only have a minute or so (including my dropping an air support every time), guys this isn't difficult...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    So apparently people cannot do the Sortie rescue mission?

I don't mean as in a bug, I mean as in I've had it failed 3 times in a row. First time, I got one panel. Second time, I got 2. Third time, I got 3. You only have a minute or so (including my dropping an air support every time), guys this isn't difficult...

I tend to skip any Sortie which involves codebreaking. With that I mean spy and rescue missions.
    Pubbies just can't do it.

I probably wouldn't even do Spy missions if I had a solid clan behind me, because 3 perfect infils-exfils at max difficulty is quite hard.
    I do warframe because I want to backflip and murdershit with robotic space ninjas. I'm not going to do 5 tries on a Max difficulty Spy mission to get X amount of Endo. Because trust me...90% of the time I get Endo.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Eh. If, heavens allow it, I saw a Spy-Spy-Spy sortie, I would faint in utter glee, set it to "Solo", and break out Ivara.

My only unhappiness is that you can't use ciphers on them at that level.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Eh. If, heavens allow it, I saw a Spy-Spy-Spy sortie, I would faint in utter glee, set it to "Solo", and break out Ivara.

It hardly matters with intruder in the exilus slot. I prefer corpus puzzles to grineer, but none of them really give any troubs

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Spy's aren't the insta-reject they used to be for me, but if it's stage 3 I'll ponder it for a moment.

At least if it's stage 1 you can either get it out of the way fast, or fail it once or twice early and move on.

Pubs aren't great at them, but I'm flat out bad, so mostly I just try not to screw it up, and drop air support if it looks like we might make it but just need those few extra seconds.

I did finally get it, and picked up the last of the Alloy I needed for the Kavat segment, but I've got other stuff to do, so I'll have to farm up the argon crystal I need tomorrow.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

It hardly matters with intruder in the exilus slot. I prefer corpus puzzles to grineer, but none of them really give any troubs

I'm just real bad at the Grineer ones. :/

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Spy's aren't the insta-reject they used to be for me, but if it's stage 3 I'll ponder it for a moment.

At least if it's stage 1 you can either get it out of the way fast, or fail it once or twice early and move on.

Pubs aren't great at them, but I'm flat out bad, so mostly I just try not to screw it up, and drop air support if it looks like we might make it but just need those few extra seconds.

I did finally get it, and picked up the last of the Alloy I needed for the Kavat segment, but I've got other stuff to do, so I'll have to farm up the argon crystal I need tomorrow.
    Regular spy missions are good XP, so you might consider getting some practice in them while leveling up your weapons.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    How do I get Exilus Adapters? I finished Natah last night so I got my first one, dunno who to put it on though.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    How do I get Exilus Adapters? I finished Natah last night so I got my first one, dunno who to put it on though.

sortie reward once you've climbed up the quest chain far enough to do sorties, otherwise it's 50k rep from simaris for a BP, and I think also 50k conclave rep for a BP.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

The only ones that make me cringe are the underwater ones. Insanely easy for those to fail if pubbies get bored.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I love spy missions. I've only ever done them solo but it's a lot of fun. I don't really have trouble with either hacking type, but I like the low level grineer ones more than corpus, but for high level I like corpus more. It's just easier to make all the outside nodes point in then turn the middle one til it solves than it is getting the timing of that thing bouncing back and forth.

I've failed hacking maybe three times total though.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Had a good night tonight. Hit MR13 without even meaning to, made back the 30 platinum I spent on my rakta Cernos by selling a Sancti Tigris, and picked up a burston prime. Why do so many weapons need neurodes when they are literally the most boring resource to farm. You cannot even manage to get a bunch of affinity while doing it.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Anyone on Xbone mind helping me do the 3 resource caches on a Uranus sabotage tonight (Tuesday)? I'm pulling my damn hair out, 3 attempts and I've only found two total, even with guides.

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    so last night i discovered that cholistan is a p fun mission, and it got me my first axi relics

on top of that, i went out there with a lvl 15ish nyx and lvl 15ish hek and was still holding my own which i was low-key pleased with myself about. early days yet but nyx might be my fave frame so far

on top of THAT, apparently stalker spawned and my teammates slaughtered him without me even noticing because at extraction there was a despair bp in the rewards screen. id heard it was quite difficult to get hold of but looking at the actual numbers it seems to be worse than the standard spira. is that right? surely something that difficult to get hold of isnae so mediocre as that?

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »
    so last night i discovered that cholistan is a p fun mission, and it got me my first axi relics

on top of that, i went out there with a lvl 15ish nyx and lvl 15ish hek and was still holding my own which i was low-key pleased with myself about. early days yet but nyx might be my fave frame so far

on top of THAT, apparently stalker spawned and my teammates slaughtered him without me even noticing because at extraction there was a despair bp in the rewards screen. id heard it was quite difficult to get hold of but looking at the actual numbers it seems to be worse than the standard spira. is that right? surely something that difficult to get hold of isnae so mediocre as that?

His melee weapon is even worse. Despair is fine, for throwing secondary weapons they're mostly important for silence and throwing speed rather than damage.

• Options
    The thing is. Stalkers weapons used to be relatively more powerful.
    Despair used to be almost pure Armor Piercing, which was one of the 4 damage types that circumvented armor....and the best such damage type except Serrated Blade.

Also, there was no such thing as the Spira...or Spira Prime.
    Spira and Despair are probably relatively equal, with maybe a slight edge to Spira. Spira prime is pretty much just better, possibly a god-tier weapon like the Despair used to be.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Anyone on Xbone mind helping me do the 3 resource caches on a Uranus sabotage tonight (Tuesday)? I'm pulling my damn hair out, 3 attempts and I've only found two total, even with guides.

are you sure it's three in one mission?

check to see if you haven't completed 2/3 at the junction already. I vaguely remembering thinking the same thing and then having it pop on a mission where I only got one. But I could be wrong?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

There are always three caches in a mission. Do you have Animal Instinct or Loot Radar? Those can help you. I don't know who you are on xbox. Trying to remember the caches on that tileset...

Are you infected?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I didn't think you needed to get them all in the same mission?

But thief's wit and animal instinct will get it done.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Where's the best place to gear up your arch wing? I have about 5 mod s across the board and that is prohibitive for later content or archwing alerts.

• Options
    edited January 2017

Are you infected?

<_<
    >_>

. . .No?

Seidkona on
  • Options

There are always three caches in a mission. Do you have Animal Instinct or Loot Radar? Those can help you. I don't know who you are on xbox. Trying to remember the caches on that tileset...

Are you infected?

I am impressed by your commitment to playing in solo mode from here on out.

• Options

Are you infected?

I am impressed by your commitment to playing in solo mode from here on out.

tbf, pretty much the only time I didn't play in Solo mode was when I was helping other people.

THE LESSON THIS GAME HAS TAUGHT ME IS CLEAR ENOUGH.

• Options
    Actually, funny enough, my Nidus is immune because he was already infected when I sat him down in the chair to get infected which removed it instead.

Chroma has a nice case of it though so I can make the charger pet.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, I've got a cured Inaros, and an Ember that picked it up at some point. Since Ember Prime though, she's on the shelf till I ever feel like making that pet. Which I won't, because it's not my awesome space cat.

re: Mr. Solo, you should really pick up the plague or Nidus at some point just so you can see in the room. It's kinda neat. Also explains a whole bunch of things in a nifty way, though to be fair you only get some of it if you have a Nidus.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Huh. Guess I must have had a cache already, as I booted up the game just now and have the objective completed. Finally, on to Neptune and The Second Dream!

• Options
    The second dream is p great

The war within is great in concept but the mechanics of it are a load of buttocks

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

The war within is great in concept but the mechanics of it are a load of buttocks
    I remember failing the War Within's final encounter to time out because I had no idea how to deal with the fatties at the time.

Like, stunning them I got. I assumed I had to possess them while they were stunned. You know, the thing that they made you do during the questline?

Void Dashing through them to disarm wasn't something that was ever hinted at. I was so goddamn frustrated when I had to look it up.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Man, Sentients aren't even fun.
    First time through the first time you encounter them, I blew all 4 of my revives on it, then got stuck in a laser pit and lost about 20 minutes. 2nd time I attempted it, I lost 3 revives, and got disconnected.

Is there even a strategy? It straight up punishes you for modding your weapons for the mission, and that fucking disco-ball Mirage laser is stupid damage.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    First time through the first time you encounter them, I blew all 4 of my revives on it, then got stuck in a laser pit and lost about 20 minutes. 2nd time I attempted it, I lost 3 revives, and got disconnected.

Is there even a strategy? It straight up punishes you for modding your weapons for the mission, and that fucking disco-ball Mirage laser is stupid damage.

Yeah, you gotta bring high damage, lower rate of fire weapons, and make sure each of your weapons is primarily a different element. Like I'll have my primary weapon do corrosive, secondary do radiation, and melee do viral, and then once you notice the sentient is resisting that damage type, you swap weapons. High rate of fire weapons are usually bad because they tend to do less damage per shot, and the sentient will quickly adapt before you can do any appreciable damage to it. Having multiple damage types per weapon is also good because as far as I know, they only get a resistance to one damage type at a time so even if they resist the corrosive, the high impact/slash/piercing/whatever will still go through for a bit. I'd suggest weapons like the Hek, Tigris, whatever the flavor of the month bow, Tonkor, etc. After that, they're easy. I think they're a lot of fun to fight and I kinda wish we'd get missions with nothing but sentients in them so this game would actually have some challenging content that isn't just a 2 hour sortie survival or whatever.

Also, if you've beaten The War Within,
    You can use your beam to strip sentients of their resistances so that they'll take full damage from all your weapons again

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I will say that Sentients do have a reasonable purpose for that one mission, and it greatly increased the impact of something that happened later on.

I never want to fight them again though.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Weapon damage per shot doesn't really factor into the sentient damage resistances thing, as they adapt to a damage type at certain health percentages, not based on the amount of time they've been shot.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Weapon damage per shot doesn't really factor into the sentient damage resistances thing, as they adapt to a damage type at certain health percentages, not based on the amount of time they've been shot.

That's not exactly correct. A super high damage single shot can defeat a particular health gate, which is when they gain an immunity to a damage type (each 25% increment of health). If your gun can do enough damage in one shot to kill them, they die, if you do enough in one shot to bypass any number of gates, you do. It's pretty useful to use high damage per shot weapons over rapid fire, in my experience.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Sentiments give neurodes, which is good because neurodes are the worst.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I remember failing the War Within's final encounter to time out because I had no idea how to deal with the fatties at the time.

Like, stunning them I got. I assumed I had to possess them while they were stunned. You know, the thing that they made you do during the questline?

Void Dashing through them to disarm wasn't something that was ever hinted at. I was so goddamn frustrated when I had to look it up.

"We've come for the Kuva!"

"Okay."

• Options
    Personally I haven't been short on Neurodes since that time I crafted my first Vasto pistol.
    Orokin cells (because you need so many of them) and Neural Sensors (because the only reliable source is Jupiter) are way worse IMHO.

• Options
    Finally made top rank with Suda last night.

Picked the Chroma augment (everlastng ward) as my reward. It works really well from limited testing so far.

No need to rush to the simulor as I am only MR 8 right now.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I was just going to say, while I agree that you need Neurodes in considerable quantities, aiming my collectors at Earth and Eris have built up a reasonable amount (over a long period of time, but I'm also often only collecting those once per day, as I'm lazy about the app).

Neural Sensors, however, I find myself eternally short on.

Orokin Cells I'm similarly bereft of, but that's more because a lot of shit seems to take at least 1-3, and often as many as 10.

Having Nekkros Prime going seems to have improved my supply, but all it takes is a couple of builds in the foundry and suddenly I'm empty again.

But at least my Alloy Plate farming is done.

Oh oh oh, and I finally got another 75% off coupon from my login last night! Woooo!

I'm still keeping my usage mild (mostly frame/weapon slots, occasionally a potato when I run out, the rare cosmetic, or time saver), but at that steep a discount (and how much I do appreciate the ongoing content for a F2P game) I can probably pitch them $5 or $13 Canadian to keep my funds topped off.

And there are some mods I'm missing I've been meaning to pick up on the market. Even 5 and 10 adds up when you're looking at a bunch. But really I should buckle down for some more Nightmare modes and other farming.

Forar on
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Yeah, you gotta bring high damage, lower rate of fire weapons, and make sure each of your weapons is primarily a different element. Like I'll have my primary weapon do corrosive, secondary do radiation, and melee do viral, and then once you notice the sentient is resisting that damage type, you swap weapons. High rate of fire weapons are usually bad because they tend to do less damage per shot, and the sentient will quickly adapt before you can do any appreciable damage to it. Having multiple damage types per weapon is also good because as far as I know, they only get a resistance to one damage type at a time so even if they resist the corrosive, the high impact/slash/piercing/whatever will still go through for a bit. I'd suggest weapons like the Hek, Tigris, whatever the flavor of the month bow, Tonkor, etc. After that, they're easy. I think they're a lot of fun to fight and I kinda wish we'd get missions with nothing but sentients in them so this game would actually have some challenging content that isn't just a 2 hour sortie survival or whatever.

You can use your beam to strip sentients of their resistances so that they'll take full damage from all your weapons again

Well then, it's a good thing I built a Kulstar last night. Also, I really don't wanna have to start using my Latron again, but outside of that my best guns are an Amprex and a Grakata :/

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Well then, it's a good thing I built a Kulstar last night. Also, I really don't wanna have to start using my Latron again, but outside of that my best guns are an Amprex and a Grakata :/

It's perfectly possible to kill them with a Soma Prime, for instance. Just... Hope you have lots of ammo.

This discussion has been closed.