As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

World Naked [chat] Ride

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm so happy that my new work schedule is noon to 8:30PM. That sounds like the best to me.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Im going to repost this for the morning crew this story is nuts and I suggest you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

tl;dr

Two bigtime Counter Strike streamers ProSyndicate and TmarTn who have advertised a counter strike skin gambing website have been revealed as the fucking OWNERS of said site

and a 3rd too JoshOG claims he is only sponsored but has been found to be a founding member of the company.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I'm so happy that my new work schedule is noon to 8:30PM. That sounds like the best to me.

Do you still work for unnamed game dev?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Toy Story 3 is great if for no other reason than it actually
    had me going there in the end. I was like 'holy crap are they really gonna massacre all the main characters?' In retrospect it's like well o course it's not gonna end like that but somehow it had me thinking it might in the moment

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    oh holy shit.

that's gonna be expensive.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Hahaha. Turns out I started at a new schedule today. Instead of starting at 7am, I start at noon.

Showed up to work for nothing. Hahaha. Going back home now.
    too bad you didn't join us in declaring independence or you'd have the whole day off

wandering on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Toy Story 3 is great if for no other reason than it actually
    had me going there in the end. I was like 'holy crap are they really gonna massacre all the main characters?' In retrospect it's like well o course it's not gonna end like that but somehow it had me thinking it might in the moment

For the longest time I avoided seeing that movie because I thought the franchise was played out. I was wrong.

• Options
    Spielberg is a very hit or miss director

he's one of the greats and all but sometimes he's great at sucking

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I have to clean because stupid people are coming over. People are the worst

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Im going to repost this for the morning crew this story is nuts and I suggest you watch it.

tl;dr

Two bigtime Counter Strike streamers ProSyndicate and TmarTn who have advertised a counter strike skin gambing website have been revealed as the fucking OWNERS of said site

and a 3rd too JoshOG claims he is only sponsored but has been found to be a founding member of the company.
    also i had no idea steam was secretly a shady gambling establishment

oh well too late to switch to gog now

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

My god, his eyebrows are possessed by demons

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Do you still work for unnamed game dev?

i never worked for a game dev.

i work for the people game devs go to to get their games tested on the cheap.

• Options
    Hahaha. Turns out I started at a new schedule today. Instead of starting at 7am, I start at noon.

too bad you didn't join us in declaring independence or you'd have the whole day off

I had Friday off already, though.

• Options
    Like, honestly, Broar, i wish I did work for a gamedev. i'd get paid at least 50% more.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

tl;dr

The real story here is that apparently counterstrike is still a thing

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    of course counterstrike is still a thing

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

tl;dr

Jesus

these guys have to do some jail time for this

they must be breaking so many laws

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    P10 wrote: »

But games have more bytes now. Why would anyone play a game with fewer bytes?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »

But games have more bytes now. Why would anyone play a game with fewer bytes?

Games have too many bytes!

They had the correct number of bytes when I was a sprog!

• Options
    I really hate valve for blasting the whole crate thing into the mainstream

even when its only cosmetics its still a goddamn cancer in gaming

• Options
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

tl;dr

Jesus

maybe?
    i am not a law dog.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Crate thing?

slot machines

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

tl;dr

Jesus

maybe?
    i am not a law dog.

Does the law dog have a law blog?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    This has been a roller coaster weekend for my poor bowels

poo
  • Options

Does that mean you're on the upswing now and movin and groovin?

• Options
    Crate thing?

Get free crates that are locked, pay small dllars to open them and get disappointing loot while being promised greatness.

• Options
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Crate thing?

slot machines

I continue to be confused. This is like that time I asked my nephew to explain hip-hop. Turns out, it's not a form of exercise involving one leg for osteoporosis.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Remembered how to fix dead space so I've been playing through it again. Is p good. Some very sketchy bits ammo wise on hard though.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Crate thing?

slot machines

I continue to be confused. This is like that time I asked my nephew to explain hip-hop. Turns out, it's not a form of exercise involving one leg for osteoporosis.

You occasionally get given a crate for free. It costs a couple bucks to open though. Sometimes it'll have something rare in it worth a bunch. Most of the time it's junk worth a fraction of what you paid.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

Do you really wish me to describe the variety of BMs I've had since Friday

poo
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Crates are a great source of scrap metal to craft the items you want

• Options
    And here I sit not having bought anything during the seam sale because I'm honestly wondering whether I'll get my three bucks worth on some of these games.

Pshah.

Crates.

• Options
    Oh, I see. My mind immediately thought it was something to do with the physics of Half-Life 2 and how they affected crates, or the building of FPS environments using brown crates of the kind Starsky and Hutch used to crash their car through.

• Options
    Six wrote: »

Do you really wish me to describe the variety of BMs I've had since Friday

*fiber*

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Crate thing?

slot machines

CS:GO cosmetics are distributed by virtual slot machines

you randomely get a "crate" in your inventory, crates can be opened by a key that costs about $2.5 (depending on your location/currency)

most of the time an opened crate is going to give a you skin with a value of a few cents on the market place, but sometimes you can get a rare skin for a popular weapon or a knife that is worth hundred if not thousands of dollars

the rarity of the skin and the cost of the keys is essentially the basis for the monetary value, the same monetary value that has led to various third party trading, betting, gambling and "real money extraction" sites

these sites are all unregulated with all the shady practices that this kind of business tend to end up with. Fixing results for sponsored streamers that advertise your gambling site, pro teams fixing results of matches etc

Sparvy on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Deebaser wrote: »

tl;dr

Jesus

maybe?
    i am not a law dog.

well like the video said, not disclosing his ties to the website he was pimping is straight up illegal in the US since they made those new advertising standards rules a year or two back

what remains to be seen is if they can get nailed for running a gambling website for under 18's

probably not since it's clearly a loophole but holy shit i hope this blows up big enough to get government attention

this loophole needs to be closed and fuck valve for opening it up in the first place

Casual on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

False, I am at work.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Freedom isn't free.

This discussion has been closed.