As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

throwing a no-[chat]er, on acid

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    RiemannLives I know you dig Musou games I suggest giving ARSLAN: THE WARRIORS OF LEGEND a try not at full price but its pretty good is a story as opposed to scenarios like in the other Warrior games, also has some neat little calvary segments which are a cool feature.

bloodyroarxx cool. It's been on my wishlist but so far I've not seen it below $50. At that price there's a couple other games I'd get first.

RiemannLives I recently picked up dw8 empires

It is dense

I'm not sure exactly what I should be doing but I'm having fun doing it

Yeah that is one of the games ahead of Arslan on the list :)

Though what I am really drooling over is the english version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 which hit steam recently.

Glad to hear it has some depth. DW6 Empires (last one I have previously) was pretty shallow in the Empire side of things.

I've played 4-6 Empires and they were all lousy. Bought each one on the hope that it would be better than the previous installment, disappointed each time.

I haven't played 7 or 8 (I only have a 360), but I hear they made a massive improvement and I'm happy about that. Dynasty Warriors + strategy seems like it'd be a lot of fun if pulled off correctly.

I rather liked the system in Empires 5 with the cards.

I found everything 7 (base game) to be pretty terrible. They really fucked up the engine and art and made it all that generic muddy brown so common in the 360/PS3 generation. Also they took a literal by-the-book approach to the battles so there aren't optional goals and ways to "break the story" like in most of em (eg: Pang De surviving his ambush etc..)

But 8 was good again.

I thought this was a high point in Warriors Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors (my favorite Omega Force game). I like going through the alternate paths. Kessen 2 (a series that I really wish they would bring back) did something similar but mostly just coming down to a binary where if you win or lose a battle the next battle might be different.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i have no idea how to measure calories for the chicken i eat

this is significantly throwing off my calorie measurements

a skinless boneless breast is like 110 calories for 4 oz

that's all i know

pre or post cooking?? i have found no true answer, except "it depends"

oh hmm

yea! i've been conservative and using pre-cook weights but it can be like an almost 2x difference in calories

some days i could be either undereating by 300-500 calories or overeating by the same, depending on which one is right

my guess would be it refers to pre-cooked calories because how much you cook it would alter how many calories you lose by cooking it, so there'd be no way to give you an accurate count before it's cooked

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    ok i'm back
    vague posting is the best
    what is the appropriate level of self-flagellation in a email when you fix a fuckup

once it's fixed? minimal

but oooh god

make sure it's actually, really, for super sure fixed before you send out the "it's fixed now!" email

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    ok i'm back
    what is the appropriate level of self-flagellation in a email when you fix a fuckup

Link to an ongoing livestream with a note to the effect that it will continue until your contrition is acknowledged

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    You people disgust me

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    You're not supposed to reheat rice?

I eat rice or pasta every day, I have very likely reheated rice around 5000 times. Never barfpooping.

apparently it's one of those THIS CAN KILL YOU one time out of a billion things

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I i'm pretty sure one time i got food poisoning that ended up striking like 2-6 hours after ingestion

I don't mean 2 to 6 i mean 2 through 6, just harrowing hours of agony, trying to shit out the badness and not succeeding, then finally throwing up, forcefully expelling all the chunks of the bad burger i had eaten. Thankfully i was in the shower because i had decided to take one due to feeling so damn sick, but ugh

I never went to that restaurant again

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    ok i'm back

once it's fixed? minimal

but oooh god

make sure it's actually, really, for super sure fixed before you send out the "it's fixed now!" email
    i am now only 99% sure it's fixed

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

I eat rice or pasta every day, I have very likely reheated rice around 5000 times. Never barfpooping.

So, like anything in this world?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    what about fried rice

surely nothing can live in that much soy sauce

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    lets talk about pegging that's only like one step over

Do we have to talk about this?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

FAN DEATH IS REAL

• Options
    anyway time to show up 1-5 minutes late to this meeting so i don't have to setup the conference call

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    porp wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    the funny thing is, when you're delirious from shitting and you're delicately patting your angry, red, ruined sphincter with toilet paper you start trying to make different blood splotch patterns

like some fucked up spirograph

Did you wet it down so it stopped hurting so much too?

nah when I felt I was done for a bit I'd swab with vaseline

Jesus. You all have had major havoc in your bholes.

Everyone in chat has had at least one buttbarf experience that left us the scarred emotionless husks we are now

i had chipotle for lunch

rip bhole

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options

it's mandatory

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    the funny thing is, when you're delirious from shitting and you're delicately patting your angry, red, ruined sphincter with toilet paper you start trying to make different blood splotch patterns

This is why men die sooner than women.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    6qd2oxse1ti1.png

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to build a boat...

then fuck on it

"they fucked on the boat" is going to be the line in one of my novels one day.

Perhaps the climax of the book?

I have that dvd

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Chicken legs clock in significantly higher though 200-250kcal/100g. And it depends on how you cook it, the skin especially can absorb a lot of fat.

But chicken is pretty great for eating a big meal when calorie restricted.

like i just ate chicken.. i dunno, probably the size of my hand, 1-1.5 inches thick

i have it calculated at 600 cals but it seems way too high

If it was a chicken breast, those usually weigh in around 200g each or so. Which would put it at 220kcal.

i bought 4 lbs (uncooked) (5 breasts), cooked 60% of it (3 breasts), ate 75% of one breast (19 oz uncooked)
    Chicken legs clock in significantly higher though 200-250kcal/100g. And it depends on how you cook it, the skin especially can absorb a lot of fat.

like i just ate chicken.. i dunno, probably the size of my hand, 1-1.5 inches thick

i guess the thing is

it's not going to gain calories when you cook it

and 600 cals would be like 1.5lbs of chicken

that's a lot of chicken

maybe i miscalculated

now im getting roughly 10 oz

4 lbs, divided by 5 breasts times 3, 2.4 lbs i made

cut into 6 equal enough pieces. ate 1.5 pieces. 0.6 lbs. 10 oz. i guess

makes.. more sense

also makes sense why i was still hungry yesterday

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Last night Chu asked me if I was up to help him with something. I said I had just gotten into bed. This morning I wake up to posts that he has setup his new television in suburban dad attract mode. The bright lights and colors are going to throw him into a grand mal faster than a Japanese kid watching Pikachu unleash his thunderbolt attack.

RIP. It's all my fault. I wasn't there for him when he needed me.

i need an attendant 24/7

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    That moment when you realize you overestimated how much TP you have left...

hello darkness my old friend

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Everyone in chat has had at least one buttbarf experience that left us the scarred emotionless husks we are now

i had chipotle for lunch

rip bhole

gotta get your 11 for July.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I realize that I'm pretty awesome.

yup

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I think the reheated rice issue is only a thing when the rice has been reheated and allowed to cool back down to room temp several times

Because i eat reheated rice almost every day and i'm still here , so

On the other hand i might be a sentient pile of bacterial byproduct toxin in human form

You never know

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also i watched the pilot of shameless. do you think if i wash my armpits real good and try hard to be charming, emmy rossum might marry me

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular

it's mandatory

Okay. So this one night @Sir Landshark and I were going at it

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

that's all i know

oh hmm

yea! i've been conservative and using pre-cook weights but it can be like an almost 2x difference in calories

some days i could be either undereating by 300-500 calories or overeating by the same, depending on which one is right

my guess would be it refers to pre-cooked calories because how much you cook it would alter how many calories you lose by cooking it, so there'd be no way to give you an accurate count before it's cooked

do you lose calories from cooking it though? i figured you'd mostly lose water weight

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    "Suburban Dad Attract Mode" is the funniest goddamn thing I've heard today.

Congratulations.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    mRahmani wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Barobax put out a new song and video :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0k4u7ZPqA

It's not as good as Ghodrat Daste Khanoomas but I'm glad they're still making silly videos

@mRahmani

@Hakkekage I gotta listen to some Iranian music, but have no idea where to start. Family/friends here are all on the religious side of the spectrum so never got exposed to anything outside of older traditional stuff growing up. I have a CD somewhere with patriotic/jebheh songs from the revolution and Iran/Iraq war... that's about it.

TLDR halp plz

Een harfaro sad dafe sheneedam :whistle:

I usually fire up this playlist when I'm in the mood for some persian dance music that you hear at every persian party! A lot of the links seem to be broken but this is a p good place:

http://www.chizomiz.biz/Music/Party-Playlist-Online-Music-For-Your-Parties-(HQ)/3335-Iranian-Dance-Songs-(CHIZOMIZ-Playlist).html

and of course, 80s classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NPHg6WSFdc

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    I think the reheated rice issue is only a thing when the rice has been reheated and allowed to cool back down to room temp several times

On the other hand i might be a sentient pile of bacterial byproduct toxin in human form

You never know

it would explain why you're good at league

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

i guess the thing is

it's not going to gain calories when you cook it

and 600 cals would be like 1.5lbs of chicken

that's a lot of chicken

Doesn't cooking do that in many cases due to making it easier for the body to process?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    also i watched the pilot of shameless. do you think if i wash my armpits real good and try hard to be charming, emmy rossum might marry me

Shes engaged to the dude who created Mr Robot

• Options

You never know

I believe part of it is using the microwave too. If you're cooking in an oven or pot it's a much different ballgame. Microwave doesn't cook so much as 'steam' something in a really shitty way.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    buttetiquette

• Options
    Geth wrote: »
    Affirmative Echo. Thread will be recycled after 101 pages.

@Hakkekage
    OH NO IM LATE!!

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

Shes engaged to the dude who created Mr Robot

I read that a Robot Chicken and I was like "no way is she married to Seth Green"

• Options

that's all i know

oh hmm

do you lose calories from cooking it though? i figured you'd mostly lose water weight

well i mean, if the calories change at all, they are going to decrease rather than increase

they might not change at all

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    There's a Dark Tower ARG of some sort going and I am now so excited.

I'm sure the ending will be wonderful!

The ending is good and I will not stand for this.

It's bad even by Stephen King standards

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    COMING IN FOR A SHITPOST

• Options

You never know

it would explain why you're good at league

oh shi

This discussion has been closed.