As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I hope Blizzard works out/puts in the transmog 1h->Fist weapon/daggers shite at some point. As cool as the artifacts are, it kind of sucks that I'm stuck to one transmog type for the entire expansion.

Yeah I've been picking up lots of cool 1h stuff on my mage and pretty sad that I won't be able to use any of their appearances.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Heh, whoever in Blizzard decided that dark pact needed to be almost half of a Warlock's health in shields on a 1 minute cooldown, and also make it completely unremovable in pvp - all of my middle fingers, bro.

(obviously I say this as a class that can dispel)

I don't think personal cds should be dispellable, so I'd say 'working as intended'.

I think I would have liked for it to have been a pvp talent. Right now it feels like something that no other class has a strong answer for, and affliction warlocks are an unstoppable wall in BG's

You can cc them and let the buff fall off naturally, or you can burn down their pet if they're not running grimoire of sacrifice.

I'm not trying to say that everything is perfectly balanced, but that being able to dispel an important personal cd isn't the answer.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I hope Blizzard works out/puts in the transmog 1h->Fist weapon/daggers shite at some point. As cool as the artifacts are, it kind of sucks that I'm stuck to one transmog type for the entire expansion.

Yeah I've been picking up lots of cool 1h stuff on my mage and pretty sad that I won't be able to use any of their appearances.

if you were playing Fire like you should be it'd be fine! Fire is the best! Pew pew meteors

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Id be down for some dungeon groups. Though the next couple weeks for me will be kind of busy and probably wont be on much. Mythic+ looks like it will be my wheelhouse when it comes out so I will certainly be looking forward to that.

Obviously the biggest hurdle i didnt see mentioned is faction. Im currently playing horde and plan on playing it in legion. What is everyone else playing as?

Just wanted to get a chance to respond to this.

Since me finding a guild completely dedicated to dungeoning in Legion is pretty much not going to happen I think I might shift my focus.

I have an 80 warrior and shaman (two of the main classes I wanted to play) on an Alliance server. I figure I can get them up and ready for legion and then I have at least a tank and healer on that side. Then I have a Monk and Rogue on horde at 100. The monk would be fine for me to heal with on that end, so I just need to make a tank. I might make one with my 100 boost, or maybe just make a DH because that was going to be my second choice for tanking anyway. Then I can do whichever side needs peoples.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Oy. Banner on the login screen says this: "Players are currently experiencing high latency and disconnections as a result of DDoS attacks towards certain internet service providers. We are currently monitoring this situation and will provide updates as they become available. Please follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates."

I just got kicked out while fighting a Tanaan boss, too. In que to log back in, I'm going to be so dead when I get there.

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

if you were playing Fire like you should be it'd be fine! Fire is the best! Pew pew meteors

:(

Arcane has been my main spec for a long time. I did start dabbling in fire before I quit last year, but I haven't tried it again since I resubscribed to see the differences.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Oy. Banner on the login screen says this: "Players are currently experiencing high latency and disconnections as a result of DDoS attacks towards certain internet service providers. We are currently monitoring this situation and will provide updates as they become available. Please follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter for further updates."

I just got kicked out while fighting a Tanaan boss, too. In que to log back in, I'm going to be so dead when I get there.

Apparently a bunch of Overwatch cheaters got caught, banned, then in a fit of nerd rage decided to DDOS Blizzard for it? I don't understand people.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    45 runic power is a lot and unless your blood or have the proc from a recent kill death strike really doesn't do much, far better to be pro-active with your defensive cooldowns. I recommend picking up corpse shield talent, but even with the base ones we have a lot of survivability. The gist of Unholy is you want to put up festering plagues with festering strike and burst them with scourge strike, or preferably clawing strike (which also has a 30 yrd range fyi) if you've picked the talent that reduces your pet mutation per death coil it's probably best to pool around 80 runic power so you can dump it after your pet changes back but that's about as fiddly as the class gets...unless you pick soul reaper. I wouldn't pick it, for soloing defile and even arbiter will be a better choice and for raiding arbiter is about the same and far more if you have some on use trinkets you can use with it or your legendary ring to use right after calling it.

It's got a nice flow to it and having played all but a demon hunter at 90+ I plan to continue maining a death knight.

Thanks! Once I get a chance to log back in i'm going to re-read what you wrote while looking at the abilities. I may have more questions for you later.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    it's amaaaaazing

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Apparently a bunch of Overwatch cheaters got caught, banned, then in a fit of nerd rage decided to DDOS Blizzard for it? I don't understand people.

Do they still credit people for downtime? I remember getting a ton of time back in vanilla when Bleeding Hollow did not work.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »

Do they still credit people for downtime? I remember getting a ton of time back in vanilla when Bleeding Hollow did not work.

It depends on how long the outage is. A few hours, probably not. A day or two? Yeah, they'll usually give everyone an extra day or two for those.

• Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    So I'm interested in trying out Outlaw spec on my level 100 rogue, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get some cheap new swords.

None are listed on the AH on my server at level 100. Checked PVP vendors, didn't have any of the new PVP tokens... Saw that they dropped out of battlegrounds, but I did a few battlegrounds and definitely didn't get any.

I don't suppose y'all might have any ideas? Literally any crappy green would be fine. Just want to try a few dungeons with them.

• Options
    Got any apexis? 10k apexis for a baleful weapon token from the vendor in Tanaan.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Got any apexis? 10k apexis for a baleful weapon token from the vendor in Tanaan.

I'm... Not sure what those are. I'll look them up!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Looted Precious Ribbon, I win WoW.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    45 runic power is a lot and unless your blood or have the proc from a recent kill death strike really doesn't do much, far better to be pro-active with your defensive cooldowns. I recommend picking up corpse shield talent, but even with the base ones we have a lot of survivability. The gist of Unholy is you want to put up festering plagues with festering strike and burst them with scourge strike, or preferably clawing strike (which also has a 30 yrd range fyi) if you've picked the talent that reduces your pet mutation per death coil it's probably best to pool around 80 runic power so you can dump it after your pet changes back but that's about as fiddly as the class gets...unless you pick soul reaper. I wouldn't pick it, for soloing defile and even arbiter will be a better choice and for raiding arbiter is about the same and far more if you have some on use trinkets you can use with it or your legendary ring to use right after calling it.

Why clawing strike? Tooltip makes it seem like it does significantly less damage than scourge in exchange for range.

• Options
    Yeah, moving between SW and Northrend via boat isn't really panning out. Sounds like a good night to take a break.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

Why clawing strike? Tooltip makes it seem like it does significantly less damage than scourge in exchange for range.

I'm not logged in at the moment but I believe clawing strike also gets full benefit from your mastery which pushes it past scourge strike and the other choices.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    According to the numbers on Wowhead, Scourge strike deals 125% (of AP) physical/65% shadow damage (total 190%), while Clawing Shadows deals straight up 200% shadow damage.

reVerse on
  • Options
    So is clawing strike just straight up a replacement ability then?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

I'm not logged in at the moment but I believe clawing strike also gets full benefit from your mastery which pushes it past scourge strike and the other choices.

It's been nerfed pretty hard actually. Go-to seems to be Castigator instead. Mind you it's still good combined with Defile for silly AoE burst.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Yes, it replaces Scourge Strike.

And according to the Icy Veins Unholy guide, neither of the other two talents come even close in terms of DPS or utility.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    in legion, can you transmog one legendary appearance into another? I really want one of the dumb hunter spear looks on my druid

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    in legion, can you transmog one legendary appearance into another? I really want one of the dumb hunter spear looks on my druid

You mean artifact? Nah. Artifact appearances have their own separate UI that you access from your order hall, but no artifact models are added to your appearance tab for transmogs.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »
    Yes, it replaces Scourge Strike.

And according to the Icy Veins Unholy guide, neither of the other two talents come even close in terms of DPS or utility.

Icy Veins is only good in-so-far as they can keep it updated. None of the guides have been, I believe. Following the theorycrafting stuff, the moment Clawing Shadows got a nerf and Scourge Strike got a buff the talent preferences changed... along with the stat priority. Sad for me as I have a lot of Mastery. It's gone to Haste>Crit>Mastery now.

• Options
    Last updated jul 21...when did clawing get nerfed, because in it's current state it is at least a straight increase in damage over scourge strike.

Where are you getting more up to date info?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

You mean artifact? Nah. Artifact appearances have their own separate UI that you access from your order hall, but no artifact models are added to your appearance tab for transmogs.

aw, dang

can classes use the appearance of a weapon other than the one they're using? BM is fun but night elves look weird with guns

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Could I be sadistic and level holy?

I am level 92 because I disliked leveling in WOD so I just did pet battles on a few characters
    I am 97 on my draenei priest whom I was just going to keep as shadow and get to 100 before next week

• Options
    Wow, ret paladin artifact intro seems....really really fast and really easy.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

aw, dang

can classes use the appearance of a weapon other than the one they're using? BM is fun but night elves look weird with guns

You can transmog artifacts into other weapons but not other weapons into artifacts, and you can't use other class or spec artifacts.

• Options

reVerse wrote: »
    According to the numbers on Wowhead, Scourge strike deals 125% (of AP) physical/65% shadow damage (total 190%), while Clawing Shadows deals straight up 200% shadow damage.

I take it tooltip damage doesn't take mastery into account then? According to the tooltips Clawing Shadows does 8294 shadow damage and Scourge Strike does 6573 physical and 4561 shadow damage. I'm at like 33% mastery, so even adding in mastery clawing strike is still worse for me, although not by nearly as large a margin.

• Options
    Normally when an ability is a straight upgrade, Blizzard replaces the ability itself with the new one.

• Options
    I know they normally do and clawing shadows does replace Scourge Strike, that's why I thought this was strange because it doesn't jump out as an immediate upgrade to me.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I'm in the home stretch on my race to finish getting all classes to 100 before the xpac. Not counting certain 90s I decided not to level, I started like 2.5 weeks ago with
    • Priest 100
    • Paladin 100
    • Shaman 100
    • Druid 100
    • Monk 96
    • Death Knight 94
    • Warrior 69
    • Rogue 91
    • Mage 69
    • Warlock 69
    • Hunter 69

Now I'm at
    • Priest 100
    • Paladin 100
    • Shaman 100
    • Druid 100
    • Monk 100
    • Death Knight 100
    • Warrior 96
    • Rogue 100
    • Mage 100
    • Warlock 100
    • Hunter 88

So I'll be done today or tomorrow, woo!

Just in time for Legion to add, uh, 122 more levels to gain?

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Last updated jul 21...when did clawing get nerfed, because in it's current state it is at least a straight increase in damage over scourge strike.

It wasn't documented at the time, even Celestalon apologized because the change went through Friday evening and the people normally in charge of handling patch notes were already home for the weekend. You can see info on it here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=254706/new-legion-trailer-at-chinajoy-weekend-hotfixes-tomb-of-sargeras-audio-drama-tom

The MMO Champion sub-forum for DK's, plus the Discord has that kind of info. I'm also in the beta so can check these changes out firsthand before they get pushed to live.

Edit: Actually it isn't in that post but the most recent. The change is...

"Death Knight
    Clawing Shadows damage reduced by 25%. PvP damage unchanged.
    Scourge Strike now deals both physical and shadow damage to multiple targets when the Unholy Death Knight is standing in their own Death and Decay."

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Arthil wrote: »

It wasn't documented at the time, even Celestalon apologized because the change went through Friday evening and the people normally in charge of handling patch notes were already home for the weekend. You can see info on it here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=254706/new-legion-trailer-at-chinajoy-weekend-hotfixes-tomb-of-sargeras-audio-drama-tom

The MMO Champion sub-forum for DK's, plus the Discord has that kind of info. I'm also in the beta so can check these changes out firsthand before they get pushed to live.

Edit: Actually it isn't in that post but the most recent. The change is...

"Death Knight
    Clawing Shadows damage reduced by 25%. PvP damage unchanged.
    Scourge Strike now deals both physical and shadow damage to multiple targets when the Unholy Death Knight is standing in their own Death and Decay."

Odd change that I don't understand, if it were doing to much damage one must ask as opposed to what...the other talents? given dk's are already not competing for the top 5 in actual competitive circles wouldn't it have made sense to buff the other talents?

Ah well just glad I don't raid where it actually matters or I'd be more upset about this and the nerf to mobility. Hopefully the rest of my advice still stands...unless there are more changes I have no way of knowing from in game or patch notes?

And if they're desperately rolling out hotfixes...are they addressing the whole warlocks dominating everything issue. I don't get blizzard.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    So it's nice to see that Blizzard is completely on the ball and plans to hotfix an addon that reverts the camera distance change. Good to see they're so quick about fixing super important stuff.

Can I just keep the fucking camera back? I don't get why they are so insistent on this change. They've left entire features disabled because they broke it and couldn't be bothered, but this camera thing is so super important that it's getting a dedicated hotfix? It's like they have one manager breathing down their necks about this camera for whatever reason and they've got some sway in the company or some shit. It's nuts.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    So it's nice to see that Blizzard is completely on the ball and plans to hotfix an addon that reverts the camera distance change. Good to see they're so quick about fixing super important stuff.

Can I just keep the fucking camera back? I don't get why they are so insistent on this change. They've left entire features disabled because they broke it and couldn't be bothered, but this camera thing is so super important that it's getting a dedicated hotfix? It's like they have one manager breathing down their necks about this camera for whatever reason and they've got some sway in the company or some shit. It's nuts.

Given that their stated reason is that they don't want secretive console commands to grant extra advantages, I can't imagine they would be willing to allow an addon to do it, which is even more extra work to get an advantage.

I normally agree with you on most things, but you're being a bit crazy about this one. I'm doing all the same raid encounters you are, mostly, and I've not done a single encounter where the new maximum zoom wasn't enough.

Keep in mind, as well, that I'm a tank, and thus my need/desire for the extra zoom distance is arguably far larger than yours. If it's not causing me any problems, I really don't see how it's causing anyone else major problems.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Also, this is a video of the addon in question.

You can literally zoom out to low orbit with this addon. Even if they hadn't removed the old console max factor command, they would definitely have hotfixed this addon's functionality.

It's pretty clear that the reason they hotfix this so quickly is not just because it restores the old camera max zoom but because it goes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond the old zoom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tydOogfQCDM

Dhalphir on
This discussion has been closed.