Options

[steam] From aliens in colonies to zombies on roads, we have it all!

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I like Arkham Origins more than City because City's map is complete garbage to get around in, which is kind of important for an open world game.

That sounds promising.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    Nearing the end of borderlands pre sequel. I've enjoyed this one more than BL2. But man, this series sure does suffer from "beat the game don't want to look at it again ever at all." I feel like finding a weapon upgrade with a good set of perks is actually hard to do. I can't count how many sniper rifles I got with boosted melee damage.

I really loved the first one too. I don't know what is so different about 2 and the pre sequel that turn me off so much after a playthrough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ToyD wrote: »
    Nearing the end of borderlands pre sequel. I've enjoyed this one more than BL2. But man, this series sure does suffer from "beat the game don't want to look at it again ever at all." I feel like finding a weapon upgrade with a good set of perks is actually hard to do. I can't count how many sniper rifles I got with boosted melee damage.

I really loved the first one too. I don't know what is so different about 2 and the pre sequel that turn me off so much after a playthrough.

Well that is me with a whole bunch of different games. Once the main story is over I don't have much motivation to go out of the way to do the various side quests and collecting the various doodads.

Playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate right now and while I'm loving the heck out of it I think the only thing that will keep me going post-story is hunting down the particular doodads that open up a vault since I'm a sucker for Progenitor stuff.

Grinding achievements and/or equipment holds very little interest for me.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Maybe. Some games keep me going with side quests galore and emergent encounters, but games like BL are long enough that, by the end, I can't imagine why you want to do it again since it's all the same.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I do things in the order of "just enough main story to get x stuff", and then do as many side quests as I can easily handle, then go do more main story stuff to power up more, and I always wrap up side quests before the main story, unless they're only unlocked after the main story is finished.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I do things in the order of "just enough main story to get x stuff", and then do as many side quests as I can easily handle, then go do more main story stuff to power up more, and I always wrap up side quests before the main story, unless they're only unlocked after the main story is finished.

I am totally the same way. For some reason in games like battlefield I can play forever. I dunno why in bl I get so bored of it. I think it had to do with not having control over the weapons s I get from chests. I'm just hoping the randomized gives me my type of weapon and not a poopy version of it. Once I've seen the story the ability to do that wears thin really fast. I do enjoy the humor though. But so many oz masks and grenade upgrades when I want weapons!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Hearing reports of Forza Horizon not running super well with 1080s at Ultra. Hoping someone here could post impressions.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    38f3pfn70uk1.png

Hexcells Infinite finished! Mostly! Still got like thirty of the seeded levels to do but I'll shove those out another time.

Overall the Hexcells Trilogy is a pretty solid set of puzzles, though you do have to be very patient and attentive to find your way through the latter games.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Got back into Subnautica after putting it on the "Welp I've done everything I can in this build of early access" shelf over a year ago.

Holy SHIT is it improved. I'm still catching up to the progress I had in my old save, and so much of it is better. It actually has a story now! Instead of collecting random boxes on the ocean floor for blueprints, you find wrecks and have to explore inside of them, which can be fucking harrowing when you get lost trying to find your way back out to your sub.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I turned down the motion blur in Redout to Low.

Okay, so that's why turns are hitting me faster than I can react!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Aerannis gets some weird memory leak when I'm outdoors in the rain, I have to go to an indoor level to reset the memory and make it run smoother so my wall jumps actually register.

That said, its an interesting game.
    You are really beating it over the head about the whole snowflake thing. Fuck, I get it after that mission with the tower and the pet.

The other snowflakes after I got to that turf. Kinda.....something.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Massively late, but thanks @Firebird for L.A.Noire - it looks fascinating.

And the neat little message takes the cake for unexpected surprises, after I worked through it. (Clever Monster)

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    @Antoshka follows it up with Rust, the little sneak.

Also, left me an encryption;

JEQGGYLONZXXIIDCMVWGSZLWMUQHS33VEBRG65DIMVZGKZBO

What could it mean?

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Refinance down, On vacation for 4 weeks, first rehearsal and dinner down, second rehearsal down, first wedding down, family gathering down, only second wedding and reception to go.

Time to share the wealth with the most wishlisted game amongst my friends:

signature.png

Second wedding and reception in the bag. Is this what lack of stress feels like? :-P

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    https://www.gog.com/connect

GOG Connect added a bunch of new games. So if you have these games on Steam you can also get a copy on GOG.

Also if you happen to have Baldur's Gate: EE you can also get a copy of the original game. Click the game in your GOG library. More. Serial keys. And there should be a gift copy you can redeem or give to someone else.

Isorn on
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im wondering about buying Nemesis Bundle from Bundle Stars - for €8.19 we can get The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III, Broken Sword V, The Masterplan, Risen III, Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition and some other games - good price?

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Battlerite is amazing and everybody should buy it and we should play it every Friday for FNG and have tournaments and play it forever and ever and omg it is the BEST!

It is in EA and will be free-to-play when it comes out, but for the $20 it costs to play now you will get all future heroes for free, so it's a good deal if you're going to be playing this long term. Which I most certainly will. The gameplay feels very solid now, and I haven't run into any jank or bugs in the first few games I've played.

If you have it and want to group up some time make sure to add me if we aren't friends already.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Im wondering about buying Nemesis Bundle from Bundle Stars - for €8.19 we can get The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III, Broken Sword V, The Masterplan, Risen III, Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition and some other games - good price?

I would say that The Killer is Dead is worth it at that Tier 2 price point. I haven't played any of the Van Helsing games at all but in general I have heard positive things that would suggest it is worth it at the additional $3 or so dollars that the next tier would cost. The one caveat I have for Killer is Dead is that some people ran into a bug which rendered the game completely unplayable but I believe the glitch was basically the game would straight up not work on some systems. I did not have that problem at all and the game ran flawlessly for me as well as many other people. Just something you should know going in.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Has anyone tried hackmud? I've always wanted a good follow-up to Uplink, but everything has been less than stellar, IMO.

(And I wonder how many sales or marketing-type things have been lost because the title of the game is not ASCII, making it hard to search for...)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Gothic Universe is available on Steam for 5 % - if you love RPG are are not afraid of old games, i wholeheartedly reccomend. Even though it's been more than 12 years since publishing I & II, few games can match their atmosphere.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm playing the demo of Klocki, which is on sale on Steam (the demo is on Kongregate).

It's a minimalist puzzle game where you're matching lines via movement and rotation to make complete lines. It's pretty good so far, but there's a lot of puzzles so far where you just get a big massive thing and the game doesn't help you out at all except via tutorialization from earlier levels. So you spend the entire time just rotating blocks randomly till something like a pattern appears. A bit too much guesswork.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    And now I know what I'm playing after work today. I loved the Kongregate version.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Well I beat the demo. Was close to the end of the last level but, again, just sorta rotated randomly till something clicked. Not in my mind, but in the game.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Has anyone tried hackmud? I've always wanted a good follow-up to Uplink, but everything has been less than stellar, IMO.

(And I wonder how many sales or marketing-type things have been lost because the title of the game is not ASCII, making it hard to search for...)

I haven't tried hackmud but I have played Hacknet which I found to be excellent and very much a spiritual successor to Uplink.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Zetx wrote: »

That looks very interesting although it looks like it needs to stay connected to the devs servers which seem to be getting overloaded if the reviews and his message on the steam page is anything to go by.

I'll also second Hacknet as being a very solid game in the vein of Uplink and well worth playing.

E - RPS has a little article about hackmud, it looks even more intreasting if they get the server issues fixed . https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/22/hackmud-is-an-mmo-hacking-sim-with-a-90s-vibe/

Ghlinn on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Re: Hacknet

I'll have to take a look at that one, too. It definitely wasn't on my radar. I always wished Uplink was multiplayer, so hackmud had my attention that way. Definitely a shame about the server issues, but I guess it could be a "good" problem to have.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I wish Street Hacker was on Steam. I love that game.

Also, just saw this: https://www.cnet.com/news/steam-store-overhaul-reportedly-coming-soon-with-these-changes/

Sounds promising.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Still dangerous to chat in chat, thanks to classy monsters like @Darmak.

40XpEsd.jpg

Thanks a ton duder. Soundtrack and everything, just too fucking classy.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    There's a little time left on this thing.

signature.png

And in hardware upgrade news, I'm a goose. Installation of new video card went perfectly, but swapping my failing 120gb RAID drives for a 240gb SSD, not so much. Initial format and copy went fine, but once I pulled the old drives and rebooted, I forgot to tell the RAID controller to treat the pair of 240gb SSD as separate devices and not turn them into a RAID. So now I have no bootable drives, and am downloading ISOs of Windows 7 and Windows 10 from Microsoft so I can re-install my dual-boot setup.

So much for streaming tonight, I'll be lucky if I'm back operational by midweek unless I burn another day off tomorrow.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Can I load my gog copy of tie fighter to steam and control it with my steam controller?

I tried that with Myst and never figured it out. But that was when I first got my steam controller, and I haven't tried since.

Also, assuming it's DosBox the config file (.ini?) will need to be set opengl to make Steam overlay work. Steam Controller needs to overlay to use a game specific setup, otherwise it will just be working in Windows generic steam controller profiles.

There are some games that require you to change the Steam Desktop config in order to get the controller to work with said game. I ran into one of those when we were doing the backlog challenge. It might even work to do that while playing a game in windowed borderless, though I haven't tried it personally.

If someone figures it out, I would bet GoG of Riven would be simular. I would love to get Riven to work, as it won't stream via steam link. It doesn't recognize the mouse. Anyway, I would love to hear if someone found solution.

Edit:
    And on Riven, dangit I bought it, and now the myst pack is on sale on GoG. Grumble.

Edit 2:
    Wait, you can select just Myst 5, and get it for 50% off. Hum, I know I'm going to get to 5. Should I buy it now on sale?

Edit 3:
    Oh well, I like Cyan, so paying them for a game is ok.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Thank you, @Gear Girl for giving me a chance to win Mad Max! Been eyeing that for a while and wanted to give it a shot.

Who's awesome? You're awesome.

• Options
    Congrats to @Rius for winning DOOM!

Also, huge thanks to @Iolo for gifting me the Borderlands Pre-Sequel!

• Options
    Also, while I'm at it, one more game beat. In spoilers for trigger warning since people seem to get all weird about spiders.
    header.jpg?t=1447360361

Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon is a 2D action platformer where you play as a spider making webs to capture and eat various insects throughout a (relatively) abandoned home. There's a few ways you can die, but not many, but you lose if you end up running out of strings for making web. It's very intuitive and fun (although some of the controls are a bit to get used to, since it's not "rotate" but rather on a 2D plane where you're moving where you're going to, as I believe this is a mobile port). It's definitely a "high score" sort of game, as there's multipliers and such which make it fun to work with. In addition to this, there's day/night (different insects at different times), AND clear/rainy as options on levels. You can set it to your location to get your current time/weather, or have it a bit random at the hypothetical place this takes place. It's a neat twist, but I don't see THAT much benefit in the repetition.

Finally, it also keeps track of the phases of the moon. There's "mysteries" at each location which you can get clues and then solve. It's a neat idea of figuring out what happened here (it's like an illuminati sort of thing), but I eventually gave up on a couple and it turns out they're only solvable during certain phases of the moon, or certain time/weather combinations, and I don't really feel like waiting around to do those. I beat every level, and had a good time with it, but I can't be bothered to do that.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    !!! Get the flock out of here. I am so grateful, thank you Jragghen! I am installing it now and will apply restorative shotgun blasts to the oppressed demon hordes tonight.

If you're ever in southern Wisconsin and want to play a Shit-Ton of Vive, hit me up.

• Options
    I'll just bug you for FFRK advice. :P

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    klocki is pretty great - especially for less than $1. I don't feel like it's lacking in tutorialization either - it teaches you along the way what the various pieces can do and then combines them in clever ways. I cleared the Kongregate version on a break at work today and am pleased to report that the puzzles and concepts are different in the Steam version so you'll get a taste of how things work but get a slew of new stuff in the Steam version.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Also, while I'm at it, one more game beat. In spoilers for trigger warning since people seem to get all weird about spiders.
    header.jpg?t=1447360361

Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon is a 2D action platformer where you play as a spider making webs to capture and eat various insects throughout a (relatively) abandoned home. There's a few ways you can die, but not many, but you lose if you end up running out of strings for making web. It's very intuitive and fun (although some of the controls are a bit to get used to, since it's not "rotate" but rather on a 2D plane where you're moving where you're going to, as I believe this is a mobile port). It's definitely a "high score" sort of game, as there's multipliers and such which make it fun to work with. In addition to this, there's day/night (different insects at different times), AND clear/rainy as options on levels. You can set it to your location to get your current time/weather, or have it a bit random at the hypothetical place this takes place. It's a neat twist, but I don't see THAT much benefit in the repetition.

Finally, it also keeps track of the phases of the moon. There's "mysteries" at each location which you can get clues and then solve. It's a neat idea of figuring out what happened here (it's like an illuminati sort of thing), but I eventually gave up on a couple and it turns out they're only solvable during certain phases of the moon, or certain time/weather combinations, and I don't really feel like waiting around to do those. I beat every level, and had a good time with it, but I can't be bothered to do that.

Holy crap I love spiders (I have three Golden Silk Orb Weavers living on my porch right now. Charlotte, Lillith and Ungoliant {she's freaking massive}). I love secret society/Illuminati/Golden Dawn/Masonic/weirdo crap. Thanks for pointing this game out Jragghen, it looks really fun.

Drake on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    what's a nice steam game that really takes advantage of those newer pascal graphics cards

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    what's a nice steam game that really takes advantage of those newer pascal graphics cards

GTA5
    DOOM
    The Witcher 3

Stabbity_Style.png
This discussion has been closed.