As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Steven's Universe, We All Just Live in It

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing re: murals
    in order of likelyhood
    1. They're never going to elaborate.
    2. Pink Diamond only controlled/ruled Earth. (This doesn't make sense really but the show's world-building has never been solid in the politics/scifi areas)
    3. Since all these murals are on Earth it's the style to show the ruler with just that planet.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    So, um...

Has no one noticed?

Steven is a Homestuck Alien.

1. His name is STEVEN QUARTZ (universe). That's two six-letter names. Like a Troll would have.
    2. He wears a t-shirt with a STAR on it. That's clearly his symbol.
    3. He clearly has God Tier powers that are consistent with him being HEIR of LIFE.
    4. He's at least half alien.
    5. He has a room where his INTERESTS are SHOWN.
    6. He clearly uses a SHIELD Modus.
    7. His PET is a Reality-warping LION (AKA A GodCAT)

Really, i wouldn't be surprised if next season, we find out he's been talking through time with some other alien kids and then he'll be whisked away to the Land of Cookies and Cats.

Um Mods?

Speculation, no matter how uncannily prescient, is not spoilers.

"Um mods" is for mentioning Homestuck, I'm sure. And I second that! MODS!!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So, um...

Has no one noticed?

1. His name is STEVEN QUARTZ (universe). That's two six-letter names. Like a Troll would have.
    3. He clearly has God Tier powers that are consistent with him being HEIR of LIFE.

Really, i wouldn't be surprised if next season, we find out he's been talking through time with some other alien kids and then he'll be whisked away to the Land of Cookies and Cats.

Um Mods?

I was making a homestuck is awful joke

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Back To The Moon
    Diamond mural designs
    tumblr_obpd5fxvhx1rszotho1_1280.png
    interesting that Pink Diamond has the fewest planets but also the largest halo.

Back to the Moon
    in the actual mural seen in the episode, it looks like Pink Diamond is holding her Halo.... that makes me think she controlled Homeworld, maybe?

To expand on that
    Maybe the halos aren't halos at all, but a representation of a Diamond's primary planet where most of their shit is. I could totally see Pink Diamond being the actual leader of Home World.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Homestuck is my favorite anime.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    cB557 wrote: »
    diamond mural stuff
    I think the planets we see in the diamond murals aren't all the colonies controlled by the diamonds. The murals only have twenty-six planets, and for an interstellar empire running out of resources, that seems like way too few to be all of their colonies. They'd have uncountable billions of resource-rich systems left to exploit if that was the extent of their colonies, after all. However, if the theory that gems need to drain magic life energy or somesuch from an ecosystem to be created is correct, then perhaps the planets in the mural are life-bearing worlds that diamond has supervised the creation of and managed the operation of kindergartens on. Having found 26 life bearing planets seems more plausible than only having twenty-five colonies (not counting earth).
    If they need life of some sort on the planet, there might not be that many planets available for harvesting.

Or some other reason only specific planets are good for harvesting when the homeworld gems do not seem to have obliterated the other planets in our solar system.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I don't think
    Jasper's going to be redeemed next season :[

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Cambiata wrote: »
    So, um...

Has no one noticed?

Um Mods?

"Um mods" is for mentioning Homestuck, I'm sure. And I second that! MODS!!

You can't silence me.

Steven is a Troll and you will seeeeeee!

THE CREWNIVERSE ALREADY HAS BEEN INFECTED!

IT WAS OVER BEFORE IT BEGAN

21stCentury on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    If the halos represent the parts of homeworld that diamond controls, then their depiction as disks kinda makes me think of the capital of the Forerunner Ecumene.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Oh thank god they announced season 8 of regular show

With the season concept being parks all over the world have been launched into space

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

With the season concept being parks all over the world have been launched into space
    gem geoengineering?

• Options

I've seen maybe 10 episodes of regular show.

And that doesn't surprise me at all.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

I've seen maybe 10 episodes of regular show.

And that doesn't surprise me at all.

I've seen every episode of Regular Show and my reaction to this news is "they've already been in space at least a dozen times, why is this time special?"

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

I don't get it

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    So, um...

Has no one noticed?

Um Mods?

Is it a joke, or simple reaffirmation of fact?

• Options
    So, um...

Has no one noticed?

Um Mods?

Is it a joke, or simple reaffirmation of fact?

cant it be motherfuckin
    BOTH THINGS?

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Keep Homestuck talk where it belongs

The trash can

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Honestly, if i had known this was gonna be the reaction, i wouldn't have bothered.

Whatever might i do to right this wrong?

Shall i commit traditional ritual suicide, or "Sudoku"?

• Options
    Honestly, if i had known this was gonna be the reaction, i wouldn't have bothered.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0WrFZAf6EEE

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0WrFZAf6EEE

haha, yes, i guess i am trash.

haha, that's not funny because i'm trying to escape that.

Hahaha.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I have no idea what Homestuck is. I've seen it mentioned here as terrible and that's my entire knowledge of it. Am I missing out?

• Options
    I have no idea what Homestuck is. I've seen it mentioned here as terrible and that's my entire knowledge of it. Am I missing out?

since it's a trash thing for trash people like me, i'm gonna say no.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Bubbled
    That was the perfect spot for "Love Like You" in the series.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

it's good imo

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I love how (Bubbled)
    As Ruby is stomping around on Steven's bubble, it makes inflatable bouncy ball noises.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    possible lmtyah candidate??

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    diamond mural stuff
    I think the planets we see in the diamond murals aren't all the colonies controlled by the diamonds. The murals only have twenty-six planets, and for an interstellar empire running out of resources, that seems like way too few to be all of their colonies. They'd have uncountable billions of resource-rich systems left to exploit if that was the extent of their colonies, after all. However, if the theory that gems need to drain magic life energy or somesuch from an ecosystem to be created is correct, then perhaps the planets in the mural are life-bearing worlds that diamond has supervised the creation of and managed the operation of kindergartens on. Having found 26 life bearing planets seems more plausible than only having twenty-five colonies (not counting earth).
    If they need life of some sort on the planet, there might not be that many planets available for harvesting.

Or some other reason only specific planets are good for harvesting when the homeworld gems do not seem to have obliterated the other planets in our solar system.
    Gems seem to care very little about organic life. Would that be the case if only inhabited planets were useful to them?

I guess it could be, but my first guess would be no.

• Options
    Actually, you know what, real talk for a sec.

and not jokey "haha he'll keep saying real talk like marty" real talk but actual real talk.

I wanted to make a little joke today and apparently it turned into a bunch of people throwing shade my way for enjoying a webcomic.
    And up to stuff like calling me trash.

And you know what? I don't think that's all that okay, since we're in the fucking Steven Universe thread. This is, like, the unsteven universest thing to do.

This isn't gonna be a "boo-hoo woe is me" post but, the fact is, i've been struggling with self worth for a while and it took me altogether too long to stop calling myself trash because, as ironic as it might've seemed to me, there was an edge of malice to it when i called myself trash and that was not good for me.

So yeah, i'm gonna say the line has been crossed now.

Would i have posted the same thing had i known this would happen? That depends entirely on the reaction to this post. Either you guys will double down and run me out of the thread or you won't and, hopefully, think a bit about calling people trash for liking a webcomic when you, yourselves, are apparently fans of a cartoon about a kid who makes friends with everyone, including his enemies.

So yeah, sorry for fucking up the thread, sorry for causing this stupid derail, but i can't just let that sort of thing slide anymore. i find it too toxic.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Oh, something that was revealed in today's ep about the war
    The rebellion lasted for a thousand years, apparently?

Guess Amethyst was probably out and about when it ended, then.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Homestuck is great

Homestuck is awful

Homestuck is The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What is Known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinian War Storm, Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion of the internet

It's a beautiful, dirty, absolutely original thing that if you have any interest in checking out you should

Or don't, whatever

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I just realized
    we get space adventures next season now

and we don't even have to risk Pearl killing Steven to get it now!

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Peewi wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    diamond mural stuff

Gems seem to care very little about organic life. Would that be the case if only inhabited planets were useful to them?

I guess it could be, but my first guess would be no.
    I can need something while not caring about it except as far as it is useful. I can use petroleum without caring about all the life that helped to make it before it is extracted for use.

Couscous on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Oh, something that was revealed in today's ep about the war
    The rebellion lasted for a thousand years, apparently?

Guess Amethyst was probably out and about when it ended, then.
    I mean...
    We already knew the rebellion lasted a long time and again, Amethyst has beep pretty explicitly confirmed to have popped out after it ended.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016

and not jokey "haha he'll keep saying real talk like marty" real talk but actual real talk.

I wanted to make a little joke today and apparently it turned into a bunch of people throwing shade my way for enjoying a webcomic.

And you know what? I don't think that's all that okay, since we're in the fucking Steven Universe thread. This is, like, the unsteven universest thing to do.

This isn't gonna be a "boo-hoo woe is me" post but, the fact is, i've been struggling with self worth for a while and it took me altogether too long to stop calling myself trash because, as ironic as it might've seemed to me, there was an edge of malice to it when i called myself trash and that was not good for me.

Would i have posted the same thing had i known this would happen? That depends entirely on the reaction to this post. Either you guys will double down and run me out of the thread or you won't and, hopefully, think a bit about calling people trash for liking a webcomic when you, yourselves, are apparently fans of a cartoon about a kid who makes friends with everyone, including his enemies.

So yeah, sorry for fucking up the thread, sorry for causing this stupid derail, but i can't just let that sort of thing slide anymore. i find it too toxic.

I'm sorry for my part in making you feel bad. I don't think you're worthless or trash, nor do I think anyone who posted about Homestuck thinks that you are either. Heck, Thetheroo has an Undertale avatar and posted an Undertale video - Undertale is related to Homestuck in some way as I understand it?

"Homestuck is trash" is one of the SE++ joke "hatreds", like "Anime is the worst." I haven't read Homestuck myself, but I have a feeling that most of the people who are rude about it have read and enjoyed it. I know the "anime is the worst" people are avid anime fans. I think there's at least one mod who deliberately posts hilariously long analysis of Homestuck just poke fun at the perpetual Homestuck jokes.

Also: fucking up the thread? Not at all! this is a place of love, say what you feel! C'mere, you!

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options

I'm sorry for my part in making you feel bad. I don't think you're worthless or trash, nor do I think anyone who posted about Homestuck thinks that you are either. Heck, Thetheroo has an Undertale avatar and posted an Undertale video - Undertale is related to Homestuck in some way as I understand it?

"Homestuck is trash" is one of the SE++ joke "hatreds", like "Anime is the worst." I haven't read Homestuck myself, but I have a feeling that most of the people who are rude about it have read and enjoyed it. I know the "anime is the worst" people are avid anime fans. I think there's at least one mod who deliberately posts hilariously long analysis of Homestuck just poke fun at the perpetual Homestuck jokes.

Also: fucking up the thread? Not at all! this is a place of love, say what you feel! C'mere, you!

Again, it might be ironic, but it still has a malicious edge to it that i really didn't need in my life. If anything, i guess i learned not to mention homestuck anywhere.

• Options

yes anime/homestuck is trash is mainly a self-deprecating joke, please refer to character alphys of undertale fame

imo there was no actual shade directed at ya 21st, but,

get ready i am gonna chase you out of the thread for sure

gonna start stretching over here

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

yes anime/homestuck is trash is mainly a self-deprecating joke, please refer to character alphys of undertale fame

I was Alphys for altogether too long. Long enough to know that the self-deprecating joke has enough of an edge to cause real long-term damage to yourself. So I kinda don't like it very much anymore. Sorry, but being "ironic trash" for so long taught me that self deprecating humor is generally used by people who don't need to self-deprecate. I kinda made it my warhorse to rage against that kind of stuff because i recognize how much harm it did to me.

Heck, Alphys is the character that made me realize how toxic that joke is.

• Options
    Again, it might be ironic, but it still has a malicious edge to it that i really didn't need in my life. If anything, i guess i learned not to mention homestuck anywhere.

I don't blame you at all. That kind of malicious edge is exactly why I can't post in the D&D chat thread anymore.

• Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

I was Alphys for altogether too long. Long enough to know that the self-deprecating joke has enough of an edge to cause real long-term damage to yourself. So I kinda don't like it very much anymore. Sorry, but being "ironic trash" for so long taught me that self deprecating humor is generally used by people who don't need to self-deprecate. I kinda made it my warhorse to rage against that kind of stuff because i recognize how much harm it did to me.

Heck, Alphys is the character that made me realize how toxic that joke is.

ok half an hour though i'm gonna warm up with cardio
    then, oh man

CD World Tour status:
This discussion has been closed.