Options

Which Ernest Do You Prefer [chat]?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Looking at the movie release schedule, next film I am looking forward to is Magnificent 7, then Dr. Strange

*rolls on the floor in anticipation*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    sitting through a western is like

a thing my body needs every few months. but then i'm the clever fuck who had a Mage in vanilla WoW named DrStrange

SO I'M READY SO FUCKING READY HARRHRJKK

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Bogart wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Is the new Alien movie Prometheus 2 or directly an Alien movie?

Christ knows. Both? I dunno. I am happy that Alien and Aliens exist and am happy for that to be it.

I just get incredibly high hopes. If he could just make something that is in feeling and atmosphere exactly like Alien I would be so happy.

I think I read somewhere that Prometheus 2 was in the works though so that may be it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Ludious wrote: »
    Pls Lud TFA was not superior to ESB

I rewatched ESB the other day it's so goodddd

I said it was better. Look at my list.

The FOUNDATION, the BONES, of TFA are better. ESB just worked magic with lesser materials.

What, in this context, do you mean by the foundation

Quality of actors, story flow, much better cinematography when focusing on acting scenes etc

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    i mean it wasn't a hard bar to clear since the ot was trash

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    God damn it vanguard.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Vanguard literally founded ISIS

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Vanguard wrote: »
    i mean it wasn't a hard bar to clear since the ot was trash

This is pretty much where rad and I settle on the OT.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Vanguard literally founded ISIS

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    When I saw the OT as a kid I was confused why everyone liked it so much. There were great ideas but they were weighed down by these slow, dull movies.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Empire is dope and always dope forever

poo
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    When I saw the OT as a kid I was confused why everyone liked it so much. There were great ideas but they were weighed down by these slow, dull movies.

yeah but kids are dumb though

• Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    No, that's the problem with TFA and like most movies recent years. The pacing is way too fast and a steep upward hill in stakes-heightening constantly.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    Quid wrote: »

I would actually just say that there are pacing issues in general. ANH is so fuckign on the rails and every scene is basically an explanation for the next/previous. The ESB is definitely the best of the three, but ROTJ is just tedious.

Obviously, they are important movies because they pushed the boundaries of what was possible, but I do not enjoy them. I also find the universe kind of boring (more futuristic fantasy and less sci-fi, which is not so much my cup of tea).

Vanguard on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    Like in a few years all adventure/action films will be about stopping the heat death of the universe with guns and muscle. That's the only stakes and scale people will accept.

Honk on
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Tbf I'll admit that a large part of why I like so much is I saw em young and watched them so many times on VHS as a yout and played Vidya etc

But Empire is just fantastic regardless

poo
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i feel sick *weak cough*
    save me from myself, myself

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    P10 wrote: »
    i feel sick *weak cough*
    save me from myself, myself

i am taking a 2nd day off from work because i am coughing a lot and achey and there is an insane heat wave outside so i don't wanna be the sick passenger on the train

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TFA is a worse version of a new hope. It follows the same beats, but when you compare the analogous scenes/ set pieces, and is just better. Hell, you don't even need to go past the first ten minutes: a mysterious woman is dapping R2 for unknown reasons and he escapes the boarded ship with comic relief bot using stealth, an escape pod, and possibly even the knowledge that the empire won't fire on a pod with no life signs.

This sets up R2D2 as a cleverbot.

In contrast, BB8 is basically told to book it and he do

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Oppressive humidity

Oppression

poo
  • Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    Deebaser wrote: »
    TFA is a worse version of a new hope. It follows the same beats, but when you compare the analogous scenes/ set pieces, and is just better. Hell, you don't even need to go past the first ten minutes: a mysterious woman is dapping R2 for unknown reasons and he escapes the boarded ship with comic relief bot using stealth, an escape pod, and possibly even the knowledge that the empire won't fire on a pod with no life signs.

Deebs the only thing I'm taking away from this is that you have a fixation on robots.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Oppressive humidity

Oppression

I'm out strolling deebabby. Costco don't open until 10. My back is hurt and I don't want to carry this tiny fat fuck up the stairs twice. The humidity is real

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell

https://youtu.be/g-mWsnX50Nk

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Deebaser what about that thumbs up, though?

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Deebs the only thing I'm taking away from this is that you have a fixation on robutts.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Hi guys I—

*sees argument about The Force Awakens*

*nopes out*

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Okay I am getting mad at Overwatch and am gonna take a break for a few days. Fuck these attack/defend maps.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

R2 has that adorable fart sound

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Okay I am getting mad at Overwatch and am gonna take a break for a few days. Fuck these attack/defend maps.

every time i don't get the tracer olympic skin in a loot crate I rage quit

then my rage builds back up and I take it out on my enemies

like did blizzard want me to become a professional overwatch player

(just give us your money and you'll be free.)

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Hey buddy, you know I'm full of shit and you don't know me, but pls don't blow up my spot, bro

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Who cares what Vanguard thinks

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I am mad at overwatch because of their ridiculous gambling system for the olympics skins

fuck that I aint got $50,000 to drop on crates

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell

I've gotten that and the American McCree skin in one crate

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ernest P. Worrell
    tyrannus wrote: »

I will literally eat you.

the pit of rage in my heart is churning and gestating into an otherworldly den of despair. whatever was once human inside of me is gone and there is only an end to all things.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    Microsoft really did a good job with the win10 upgrade stuff. Like it's smooth and doesn't fuck your files, which is a new feature for upgrading windows. And in the case that I now have a nuked pc that came with win8 I can just upgrade it again.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Z1RqV4Y1k

• Options
    I am mad at overwatch because of their ridiculous gambling system for the olympics skins

fuck that I aint got $50,000 to drop on crates

You have a degree now. You are set to be a five figure crate baller

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I remember when people were like "oh no blizzard will never release new skins and make them unavailable for the ingame gold"

and then they did the thing

didn't learn their lesson from the greed of the RMAH in diablo 3

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    i am surprised i didn't turn into scarjo in that one awful movie and delete the internet just now

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.