Options

The Origins of the [Chat] of Spanish Succession

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    lets talk about how D&D's concept of alignments for species is deeply problematic

My alignment is chaotic yeezy

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I watched a bit of Xena recently and it has not aged very well

but back in the 90s it was the best show in the world

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

What about Ryan Gosling as young Hercules?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I miss the good old days of terrible Saturday afternoon fantasy Sci-Fi shows

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    @BEAST!

The Fat Head pizza I made last night I made a new base for it that had ricotta cheese, crumbled bacon, and spinach wilted in the bacon fat, which I mixed all together with oregano, minced garlic and fresh ground black pepper and spread onto the crust before putting toppings on there.

Was legit.
    sounds like a good addition...i have moved away from keto for my next race, i think i've dialed nutrition in enough for the race that the keto gains leading up to it would be less effective than being able to actually work my ass off in training

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

omg i never even realized

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

afternoon?

It was always on late saturday nights for me

CURSED SYNDICATION

• Options
    53d5172e785ed_-_ryan-gosling-hercules-2.jpg

*dies*

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Mystic Castles? Check.
    Mystic Knights? You better believe it.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    53d5172e785ed_-_ryan-gosling-hercules-2.jpg

*dies*

why doesn't his face look any different

what

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ryan gosling's babyface

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

They had Xena and Hercules as part of a 4 hour block here in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnqCnWPg4-0

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Clearly it is the source of his power.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Where's my Xena reboot, damnit? I recall being promised a Xena reboot.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

Kevin Sorbo or I riot

• Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »

Kevin Sorbo or I riot

Kevin Sorbo hates the jews.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Kevin Sorbo or I riot

Kevin Sorbo is an evangoconservative now.

• Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

Somewhere is a portrait of an ancient, decrepit Ryan Gosling

• Options
    If I can't be happy no one can

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFJ03dW8Qc4

I loved how these old shows taking place in ancient greece had mythological beings who were suspiciously actually all grumpy New Yorkers

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    then there was the sci-fi ones like Andromeda , Alien Nation and Stargate

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Had a crazy experience at a diner this morning. Getting over a cold so I took a personal day and went out for breakfast, and this John Candy looking guy sits down at the bar across from me. Waitress asks how are you, "Not bad for a fat man, got out of bed this morning!"

Eventually we get to talking - at first just bullshitting about the weather and the diner - and come to find out he's from this town, moved, returned to care for parents in hospice. Got sick, was told to give up fishing, sadly. Loves the Big Lebowski.

I mentioned I used to work for an attorney in a nearby town, "huh...in a past life I used to practice law." Sure enough, we had some of the same professors, different colleges but school migrations and visiting professors. Young men for him, turned into old men when I learned under them.

An hour of bullshitting over coffee later, I wished him well and went on my day, and I've been gnawing on this slow kindjal that caught me:

"Yeah, I graduated high school in 2006...got my bachelors in 2010, the recession had hit, there wasn't shit to do, so I went to law school..."

"2006...god, you are a fucking kid, aren't you?"

It wasn't meanspirited, it was just this memento mori of two men who both decided they felt like going out for breakfast one Monday morning. He's absolutely right. I never got his name, and I lost my nerve to wish him "fair seas" or something. Nice meeting you.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    People who play part dragon characters in RPGS should be put in camps

Eh. I'm more inclined to blame the DM for allowing it. They're the ones with the final say in what PCs can play

My rule was No Kender, No Drow.

When I was in the 5th grade I tried to DM a game of D&D for my friend and one of my younger brothers.

My brother decided he would be a kender and that his character would Always Be Babbling about whatever the last thing was that anyone had said. That "campaign" lasted for not very long.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

Somewhere is a portrait of an ancient, decrepit Ryan Gosling

Holding a fanged stone mask

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    time runner spoilers

An alien force attacks Earth on October 6, 2022. Aboard a military space station, Capt. Michael Raynor faces the loss of his wife and escapes before the aliens destroy it. A wormhole appears and sends him crash-landing into Earth 30 years in the past. He goes into hiding and tries to get a bearing on where he is.

Meanwhile, two scientists discover Raynor's escape pod and analyze its origins before operatives from the Intelligence and Security Command (ISC) take custody of the unit. The scientists analyze some of the unit's components and discover that it is from the future, having found that a certain Indiana electronics company named in the parts doesn't exist. Upon discovering what time period he is in, Raynor tries to escape the ISC agents, making contact with the scientists and explains his origins. They recover a flight recorder and destroy the escape pod. Having seen the data in the flight recorder, they decide to find Sen. John Neila, who's in the midst of a re-election campaign and warn him about the invasion. However, Raynor discovers that Neila and the ISC agents are the aliens themselves, having been planted years before as sleeper operatives; one of the scientists, Karen Donaldson, is also revealed to be an alien, turning over the flight recorder to them. At that moment, Raynor sees visions of his pregnant mother being killed by an assassin. Noting that he was about to be born in a few hours' time, Raynor scrambles to save his mother while Neila tasks Donaldson to ensure it never happens.

Flashforwards into the future reveal that the aliens gain the advantage and attack a secret base in Capitol Hill, where the humans try to launch a nuclear strike while making their last stand. Neila, who is the Earth's President by that time, asks the launch crew to allow him to negotiate with the aliens, but lulls one man into giving up his revolver, allowing Neila to kill the launch crew and ensure victory for the aliens.

Flashing back to 1992, Raynor kills the assassin and convinces his mother to go with him - just as she goes into labor. The baby is delivered en route but the mother dies and Donaldson brings the baby to Neila. Having a change of heart upon cradling the baby, Karen protects the child from Neila. In a last-ditch effort, Raynor pushes Neila off a tall construction plant to his death while Arnie kills Freeman, the lead ISC agent. With Neila dead in 1992, the future Neila disappears from existence as well, but the adult Raynor also screams in pain before dissipating as well, leaving Karen and Arnie with the baby Raynor.

Neco on
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Googling for Hercules and Xena licensed video games turned up nothing like what I remember playing, it must have been some other licensed game franchise.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    lets talk about how D&D's concept of alignments for species is deeply problematic

Um technically "Always Evil" really means like 90% so you can have your special flower exceptions

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

Um technically "Always Evil" really means like 90% so you can have your special flower exceptions
    the issue is goblins and orcs and drow are sapient and the game is trying to come up with an excuse to have ultra-violence
    (for stuff like mindflayers, or demons, it is less problematic although the terms they use are still annoying - its less 'evil' and more 'going to come in conflict with humanoids')

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Kevin Sorbo or I riot

Kevin Sorbo is an evangoconservative now.

He needs to play bro Jesus now.

Having out with his friend rock. Making wine and flipping tables.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    "Get outta heeere"

amazing

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

the issue is goblins and orcs and drow are sapient and the game is trying to come up with an excuse to have ultra-violence
    (for stuff like mindflayers, or demons, it is less problematic although the terms they use are still annoying - its less 'evil' and more 'going to come in conflict with humanoids')

Don't worry that's always been an issue for me. Hell it's a major underlying cause of grief in Order of the Stick

• Options

Where is that comic where every dark elf is a misunderstood loner?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It must have been a PS2 game because I remember we had to use that multi-link adapter thing to get 4 player going, it was like Power Stone but you could play as Hercules, Xena, their sidekicks, and the various gods/goddesses from the shows.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Time to Bound some Stars

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I think I had that copy of Fox Kids Magazine

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Time to Bound some Stars

I'm more into Worlding some Rims.

I have a depressive pyromamiac who paralyzed herself executing a downed enemy with a grenade; I'm keeping her alive to eventually give her a cybernetic spine or an exoskeleton.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i feel good

i got up early on sunday, hiked, went to beach, got burned, watched hbos, went to bed at a reasonable time, got up at 445 and went to gym, and now im at work

i think if i just focus hard on developing social connections and doing social things that arent going out to bars i will not find no alcohol as trying

speaking of which DESC ignoring my GONJASUFI question

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Are drow even powerful? I assumed they would just be banned because angsty drizzt clones are boring.

I for one completely change the flavor for drow in my settings.

For 1 they aren't an outright evil race, for two while they enjoy darkness and are somewhat nocturnal by nature they aren't cave dwellers. I generally put them in a biome rich with shade, but still very much near sunlight. Like a rainforest or something similar.

I make straight dritz clones near impossible thematically in my game worlds. You can play it mechanically (a drow ranger with two swords), but the whole angsty good guy that's supposed to be a bad guy because of his race aspect is just totally fucking removed.

I am a fan of aggressive reflavoring of mechanics; I have played dual wielding warblades (mechanically) as wizards (flavor-wise), for instance.

I'm less into that.

Like I'm not gunna knock it, we've definitely done similar stuff in my groups. We had a drunken master pick up some sword sage stuff and all of his maneuvers, rather than being the like shadow soul or whatever disciplines he was using stuff thematically, it was all just him drunkenly careening around the battlefield and shit.

I just like to tie thematics to classes for the most part though. Like if you're a warlock then yeah you're a person made a pact with a powerful being in order to get your powers and that has effects on the story.

It's just a weird quirk with how I like to consider the game world. It helps me get ideas on how to interact with the party and I don't have to waste extra effort on remembering oh wait not actually a this, but an entirely separate and already existing other thing instead.

I will say that the BotNS content particularly awesome for reflavoring though.

This discussion has been closed.