Y O U T U B E

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

So I can't stand Ann Coulter

but I legitimately can't watch this. It is so savage, it's like watching a kid with learning disabilities get into a UFC ring, and the professionals just not holding back at all

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    scherbchen wrote: »
    very low-key in comparison but holy shit that Arya

She sat by the stairs and flipped a lot of people out. She was spot on!

A couple of teenage twin girls dressed as the twins from the Shining and did something similar at the bottom of an escalator in another hotel so that you would only get a slow reveal of them standing and holding hands as you came down towards them.

The best part of DragonCon for me is the people who bring their cosplay into the realm of performance art.

There was a guy wandering around as Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's this year. He had the walk and everything nailed to perfection and whenever you went to go take a photo with him he'd collapse into leaning on you and you'd need to manipulate him for the shot.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

but I legitimately can't watch this. It is so savage, it's like watching a kid with learning disabilities get into a UFC ring, and the professionals just not holding back at all
    https://youtu.be/NrMiy8LMaPQ

They came prepared

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Ah man, Jimmy Carr, no, don't use transphobic jokes

I hoped you were better than that

IKknkhU.gif
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yeah, I despise Ann Coulter enough that I was on board for most of that, but if that's what Jimmy Carr considers funny I'm okay with not looking into anything else he's done

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    yeah, I despise Ann Coulter enough that I was on board for most of that, but if that's what Jimmy Carr considers funny I'm okay with not looking into anything else he's done

He's a shock comedy guy; I don't think this is his first tosh.0

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Don't watch his standup.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Don't watch his standup.

Well

Dang

I guess I'll only experience Jimmy Carr through his quiz show hosting then

IKknkhU.gif
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This little punk squirrel was just sitting on my roof, littering in my backyard. He started squawking at me once he noticed I was watching him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQrUtDQJDuY

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Don't watch his standup.

Well

Dang

I guess I'll only experience Jimmy Carr through his quiz show hosting then

I started binging QI and when Jimmy Carr's standup showed up on Netflix I made the mistake of thinking "I love him on this show, I'll probably like his stand up". Nope.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Jimmy Carr isn't better than anything, sadly.

If he thinks it will shock he will say it.

Kind of a waste of his wit, if you ask me.

• ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular

This is the result of running the Densecap captioning system implemented at Stanford Vision Lab on the video of the Atlas humanoid robot designed by Boston Dynamics. (all links at bottom)
    Densecap captions salient regions of images using a recurrent neural network and a fully convolutional localization network (FCLN). The FCLN processes an image, proposing regions of interest and conditioning a recurrent neural network which generates the associated captions. The whole system is trained end-to-end on the Visual Genome dataset (~4M captions on ~100k images). It was designed and implemented by Justin Johnson, Andrej Karpathy, and Li Fei-Fei at Stanford Computer Vision Lab.
    The source video was filmed by Boston Dynamics and shows their most recent generation of Atlas, a bipedal humanoid robot which can navigate rough outdoor terrain and is capable of grasping and manipulating its environment.
    Captions are generated by densecap on individual video frames. The video is made by a python script which merges matching captions along sequences of consecutive frames with a set of (mostly greedy) heuristics. Presumably, it would be possible to caption sequences of regions directly rather than a naive merging algorithm, but I'm not sure how :)
    This video demonstrates both the impressive capabilities of neural captioning systems, as well as the humorous (and maybe unsettling) limitations of such systems when their training data lack the vocabulary to fully describe the scene. Notably, no "robots" or "machines" appear in this video according to densecap, and the robot is variously labeled as a person, man, motorcycle, and fire hydrant.

The broom guy was not once labeled as "Asshole with broom". FAIL!

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm such a sucker for "How its made" things.. and honestly, I think Gavin's a really cool, stand up guy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaqeLrLxYOg

He/Him | "We who believe in freedom cannot rest." - Dr. Johnetta Cole, 7/22/2024
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That Ann Coulter thing...man I dunno. Like I appreciate its savagery, but it's still treating her like a person. Can you mock a lizard? You can make fun of its knobbly skin, but does it care? It's a lizard! What does a lizard know? What does a lizard believe? That it is good to be warm? That it is good to eat? That it is good to lay eggs and maybe eat them depending on circumstances?

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    That Ann Coulter thing...man I dunno. Like I appreciate its savagery, but it's still treating her like a person. Can you mock a lizard? You can make fun of its knobbly skin, but does it care? It's a lizard! What does a lizard know? What does a lizard believe? That it is good to be warm? That it is good to eat? That it is good to lay eggs and maybe eat them depending on circumstances?

She is a person though. Full of hate as she may be.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    Prove it

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    She's a person, but she's a person who is a troll professionally. If you're taking the time to mock her, you're paying attention to her, and as far as she's concerned, that's a win.

Yeah that video just bums me out?

Like Ann Coulter is a shitty person.

Being shitty to her is just like, compounding shitty-ness. Shit squared, if you will.

Yay?

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    what is this? WRESTLING. SHITTY WRESTLING
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOsA93yYFk

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Wow they are really fucking around with youtube, both page and the app recently.

For like a day the app had all the menu options on the bottom, which was weird, but they quickly put those back up top.

Sorce wrote: »

That is very irritating

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/NrMiy8LMaPQ
    That some fast zombie preview image.

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

That is very irritating

His only joke is wrong names. The rest is just really bitter.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You know how Colbert will introduce a bit by referring to someone as "Florida governor and snake person other snake people don't talk to Rick Scott"? Here's like three and a half minutes of just that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9yovLvB6i4

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I don't get what's supposed to be so bad about it? Other than being in north korea

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I dunno if I'd want to ride a rollercoaster that looks like it hasn't been maintained in about 15 years in North Korea.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    oh yeah I wouldn't either, but I was expecting like that they didn't have harnesses or there was a part where the cart almost tipped over

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    They didn't have harnesses. The one lady said they they don't lock down.

There is something amazing about slamming Adventure Time for being a bad show with bad writing, and following that up with "Hey here is an advertisement for crunchy roll, go watch some anime!"

I mean, I'm not a fan of Adventure Time myseld but, still... amazing.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    companies like crunchyroll and audible pay youtubers to put custom ads directly into their videos fairly often

I don't know how well it actually works, but they keep doing it, so probably pretty well?

it at least gives both the company and the youtuber a way around adblock, I guess

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Steven Universe having such good writing is kinda hurting AT I think.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.