As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the Worst

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Interesting fact: because of the ground current, a lightning strike can effectively have a lethal area of effect about 80 feet in diameter

That is horrifying!

re: all the Norwegian reindeer that died?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I love elves all elves all the time elves for life

This is a new low, sig

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

elves are the greatest

I wish horde got nelves and alliance got belves though

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Trace, I'd remove that video I think. That is probably in the no zone.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    It would be fun to have an mmo's factions change over time based off events and junk.

...I'm probably just going to reinvent EVE again won't I?

It would actually be neat to be able to change factions, build rep, destroy rep, etc.

It would be cool if WoW upended their dynamic and had races switch sides, but since that would effectively break up guilds/seperate player characters from bank alts its unfeasible.

Really, they should just do away with the factions not being able to group. That hold over from old faction based gameplay is so mechanically stupid these days in a multiplayer game.

Exactly. Honestly one thing that was really stupid with WoW's success is all the MMO's that later came after it that set up specific "You guys vs you guys" faction systems.

At least in Star Trek they ended the War and you can group with Klingons and Romulans.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    blizzard only knows one story to write, and they literally do it over and over.

Have some pure person get corrupted by evil, and then the reprocussions of it. Repeat ad infinitum. They did it for starcraft/2/2's expansions/diablo 3/3's expansions as well. every story is the exact fucking same. Watch reaper in overwatch is going to be mcrees son who got corrupted, I guarantee it.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

This is a new low, sig

The moon goddess will smite you bro just sayin

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm an elf

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    somebody come make me lunch and serve it to me in bed

i dont feel like getting up

also i'm surrounded by 3 sleeping schnauzers so getting up isnt really an option.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I can touch my dongaroo without it bleeding

A parade wouldn't be inappropriate

wait wtf happened to ur donger

I used a condom that didn't agree with me, leading to three weeks of bloody dick

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

This is a new low, sig

The moon goddess will smite you bro just sayin

1v1 me Hillsbrad

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Trace, I'd remove that video I think. That is probably in the no zone.

*shrug* sure

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I used a condom that didn't agree with me, leading to three weeks of bloody dick

Well that's fucking nightmare fuel.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    blizzard only knows one story to write, and they literally do it over and over.

Have some pure person get corrupted by evil, and then the reprocussions of it. Repeat ad infinitum. They did it for starcraft/2/2's expansions as well. every story is the exact fucking same. Watch reaper in overwatch is going to be mcrees son who got corrupted, I guarantee it.
    Diablo (King Leoric/Prince Albrecht), Diablo II (the protagonist from Diablo 1), Diablo III (Leah), etc., etc.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    so there's a white 3 year old german shepherd at the humane society who's owners just gave him up because "he's clumsy around kids"

how awful

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    wtf i thought it was a pimple that caused the issue

you know what? thats ok i dont really want to know about chu's dick problems

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Well I don't need lunch now.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Even in Starcraft

Kerrigan lol

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    actually fuck it i just want another World In Conflict game

it remains one of the best games i've ever played in terms of gameplay, story telling, having alec fucking baldwin narrating it and BITCHIN ARTILLERY STRIKES

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Tech support for my mother is always interesting

The NHS in Scotland basically requires doctors using their own device to use an NHS hosted VM session, because they can sensibly exercise absolute control over it, and helpfully creates a consistent universal setup which makes it easy to write step by step instructions for things

However it creates its own issues which are difficult to resolve when talking to someone with only the haziest grasp of the concept of virtual machines and the desktop metaphor (given that there are two, but one is inside a window)

This is a pretty common BYOD strategy.

And yeah the communication difficulty is just like you describe

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Original nelf rogue player shu the god(ess)of the sky do not copy no hurtful comments

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i feel like i am taking crazy pills here

mass effect 2 came out during the bush administration

how is there not a "here is all the shit with no hassle" collection for 20 bucks

this is possibly the dumbest thing in the history of the universe

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    I broke a security rule when I made one of my programs

it records passwords for everyone not an administrator/high level office person

so when the weird lpn says she forgot her password I can just tell her what it is instead of resetting it every 12 days

congratulations you've made ludious's brain explode

I'm not particularly proud of having to do that, but the opposite end of the equation is I'd have to go to her and walk her through it every 12 fucking days.

So I'd rather just do a quick DB lookup and go "oh yeah it's 'beaniebabies4ever'"

You should store it hashed, then separately crack the passwords so you can do that, as an exercise in the futility of passwords for the general populace

• Options
    Chu's dick is trapped in a blizzard story

It was good and pure and the scourge corrupted it

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    It would be fun to have an mmo's factions change over time based off events and junk.

...I'm probably just going to reinvent EVE again won't I?

It would actually be neat to be able to change factions, build rep, destroy rep, etc.

It would be cool if WoW upended their dynamic and had races switch sides, but since that would effectively break up guilds/seperate player characters from bank alts its unfeasible.

Really, they should just do away with the factions not being able to group. That hold over from old faction based gameplay is so mechanically stupid these days in a multiplayer game.

Exactly. Honestly one thing that was really stupid with WoW's success is all the MMO's that later came after it that set up specific "You guys vs you guys" faction systems.

At least in Star Trek they ended the War and you can group with Klingons and Romulans.

And like. I get it. It can add a real thematic quality to your PvP offerings. That's great. But the problem is that modern multiplayer game design has matured and the best offerings in that genre now, IMO, are the ones that make it as easy as possible for you to play with your friends or with as many people as possible.

And this means zippo to folks that play it like a single player game. And that's fine. We don't want to go backwards to 100% forced grouping like EQ days. But whenever new MMOs come out with a hard stop faction system I just groan. I mean, just look at PA player communities in these games as they try to figure out which side all the folks who want to play with each other will be on. It gets silly.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    All this Horde apologia is just more "both sides are the same" horse race narrative nonsense from the lamestream media.

• Options
    ab7y6Qv.jpg

he kind of looks like this... so tempted

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    so there's a white 3 year old german shepherd at the humane society who's owners just gave him up because "he's clumsy around kids"

how awful

that is not a dog i would recommend having around young children

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

Solid nightmare fuel

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

how is there not a "here is all the shit with no hassle" collection for 20 bucks

i really don't like the company for this reason and no others

sig.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    mass effect 2 did not come out during the bush administration

i will delete that post when the AP deletes their tweet

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

like the condom thought your stance on gun control was too lenient or something and you got in a fight?

• Options
    ab7y6Qv.jpg

DO IT

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    chu grudgingly spoilered his gross personal details for at least 2 iterations of telling the story

and it just wasn't enough for you jackals

you wore him down

sig.gif
  • Options
    ab7y6Qv.jpg

Omg do want

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

I blame Origin.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    wtf i thought it was a pimple that caused the issue

you know what? thats ok i dont really want to know about chu's dick problems

It's too late for that, we all know now.

This is what our communally inquisitive nature hath wrought... Are you not entertained?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hi sig congrats

poo
  • Options
    then we can have matching puppies!

well i'll have a mini and you'll have a large lol

This discussion has been closed.