Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Ryders on the Tempest

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I was thinking of pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe version for the OST and casual outfit, but now I'm not so sure if it's worth it.

Here are the items included, and the casual outfit doesn't really look that great.
    WhphAaS.jpg

Also after installing my Digital Deluxe version of ME2 on Origin hoping to get the Suicide Mission and End Run tracks, the OST only had 12 tracks from the full version of the official score, with none of the ones I wanted.

Are all bonus OST's included in Bioware/EA games the same? Because if so then the DD of ME:A just became a lot less appealing.

I'd check OSTs from the ME3 Collectors edition and Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY, but I really don't want to download those games just for the music.

E: Put the digital deluxe image in [img][/img] tags behind a spoiler for you guys to see instead of following the url.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Sorry if this question gets asked a lot, but I'm trying to figure out which console to purchase Andromeda on. If I played ME1, 2 and 3 on my 360, is there any reason why I'd want to pick up Andromeda on my XBone? Will it be able to detect my achievements, or completion stats, and then carry that information over in any way? I don't expect Andromeda to do any of those things, I'm just curious. I have a friend who will be picking this up on the XBone and another who will be getting it on PS4. I have both, so I'm torn between which console to purchase it on, and I'm just trying to figure out if there's any particular reason I'd want to do one over the other.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Heatwave wrote: »
    I was thinking of pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe version for the OST and casual outfit, but now I'm not so sure if it's worth it.

Here are the items included, and the casual outfit doesn't really look that great.

http://i.imgur.com/WhphAaS.jpg

Also after installing my Digital Deluxe version of ME2 on Origin hoping to get the Suicide Mission and End Run tracks, the OST only had 12 tracks from the full version of the official score, with none of the ones I wanted.

Are all bonus OST's included in Bioware/EA games the same? Because if so then the DD of ME:A just became a lot less appealing.

I'd check OSTs from the ME3 Collectors edition and Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY, but I really don't want to download those games just for the music.

ME3 has 25 tracks on the soundtrack, I don't see anything significant missing apart from the club music on the citadel.

May constitute ME3 spoilers actually :)
    it4w0wdl3tfc.jpg

milk ducks wrote: »
    Sorry if this question gets asked a lot, but I'm trying to figure out which console to purchase Andromeda on. If I played ME1, 2 and 3 on my 360, is there any reason why I'd want to pick up Andromeda on my XBone? Will it be able to detect my achievements, or completion stats, and then carry that information over in any way? I don't expect Andromeda to do any of those things, I'm just curious. I have a friend who will be picking this up on the XBone and another who will be getting it on PS4. I have both, so I'm torn between which console to purchase it on, and I'm just trying to figure out if there's any particular reason I'd want to do one over the other.

I wouldn't expect anything to carry over from saves at all, just go with the platform you enjoy the most/expect to have the larger multiplayer pool on (if you're interested in the multi at all)

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Thanks dude!

If they've included the full OST in the ME3 Digital Deluxe, then that might be an indicator of the same happening with Andromeda.

Looks like I'll be pre-ordering this version when I get around to it.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    In other news, apparent confirmation of a Digital Deluxe Upgrade

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So, I decided I'm going to buy the game digitally off of XBox Live after buying a month of EA access to get to play the game early... Just haven't decided on if I'll get the standard version or the deluxe version yet. No chance I'll buy the Ultra Deluxe. Not worth it at all...

My plan is, since I'll be out of town for work the weekend before, I'll download the game before leaving on Friday morning, then when I get back I can play my 10 hours Sunday night and Monday (I have Mondays off) then I'll probably take a day or two vacation on Tuesday/Wednesday...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    The physical Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect 3 is by far the best one. Not only does it come with the full soundtrack, steel case and a mini artbook, it also has a nice doodad in the form of an actual military-style velcro N7 patch.

It's fucking legit, all in the same large-box format of a regular DVD case.

I'm trying to look for a similar thing for Andromeda but a decent physical DVD version seems like a fucking unicorn this time around

• Options
    I think the Digital Deluxe upgrade for ME3 and Dragon Age Inquisition were like $10 right? Were they available at launch?

I'd like to save money by buying the standard edition in store and the DD on origin.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    The physical Deluxe Edition of Mass Effect 3 is by far the best one. Not only does it come with the full soundtrack, steel case and a mini artbook, it also has a nice doodad in the form of an actual military-style velcro N7 patch.

I'm trying to look for a similar thing for Andromeda but a decent physical DVD version seems like a fucking unicorn this time around

I bought the deluxe version of ME3 with no regrets, but I always find it hard to justify buying a strictly digital deluxe edition.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    That is more or less my plan right now, I can't remember if the upgrade was right at launch but hopefully it'll be the case this time

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

I bought the deluxe version of ME3 with no regrets, but I always find it hard to justify buying a strictly digital deluxe edition.

As long as it's one disc sure, just kinda sick of swapping them all the time for side missions.

• Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    Has there been any gameplay vids released in the last week? I still havent preorder and I havent seen enough of the game yet to make me feel confident about it at all.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'd buy the Digital version if my internet provider wasn't hot garbage. Seriously, if I bought it digitally I'd have to spend about 3-4 days downloading the bloody game (down here in Australia)

Besides, if I'm going to buy a Deluxe version I'd much, much rather have a physical collectible. Learned that the hard way with Deus Ex HR. Digital artbook? More like a pithy bunch of pdf files. And miss out on the Play Arts Kai Adam Jensen model???

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    I don't even use the game discs anymore on PC. Just input the key, add to library, and download when I have the time.

Speaking of downloads, does origin let you pause your game downloads? I've never checked. Just let the pc run until its finished.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    How much more could it possibly cost to use a Blu-Ray so I don't have to wait an hour or so to play a damn game I bought a physical copy for? Seriously, having multi-gig downloads for a brand new game is dumb as fuck.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    We can't pretend that the vast majority of people who play videogames don't have issues with bandwidth caps or download speeds or (particularly in this generation) hard disk space.
    Especially in a day and age where internet providers are getting stingier with their plans

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Say hello to the Chinese and their lack of copyright laws for me.

Could someone explain what this statement means in regards to complaints about multi-gig downloads on release day because I'm having a tough time seeing the connective tissue.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Say hello to the Chinese and their lack of copyright laws for me.

Could someone explain what this statement means in regards to complaints about multi-gig downloads on release day because I'm having a tough time seeing the connective tissue.

tumblr_inline_o10cj6jnnz1sevyw0_540.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I don't even use the game discs anymore on PC. Just input the key, add to library, and download when I have the time.

Speaking of downloads, does origin let you pause your game downloads? I've never checked. Just let the pc run until its finished.

Pause? Yes.

Resume? Maybe! It may just fail and you'll have to start over.

At least that has happened to me one time so far. Therefore it must happen to everyone all the time possibly.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Pause? Yes.

Resume? Maybe! It may just fail and you'll have to start over.

At least that has happened to me one time so far. Therefore it must happen to everyone all the time possibly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wol70cBLNd8

Guess I'll just stick to letting the damn thing run.

Also, damn straight publishers should be using large capacity blu rays for games. And I'm not just saying that to justify my blu ray drive purchase from 2015

...well maybe that too :razz:

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    I wouldn't blame the chinese lack of copyright law for anything, the current generation of computer CEO's has done everything in their power to destroy the first sale doctrine worldwide, and they've been largely successful.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    At least in the UK physical PC games are by and large just a code in a box now. Which makes the fact that it's cheaper than a digital one hilarious.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Origin was able to resume nicely when I re-downloaded me 3 recently.

Any idea how big me:a is going to be?

Pretty glad I upgraded to 50 Mbit/s downspeed some time ago even a 50 GB download takes just above two hours

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    I feel so bad for all of you that don't have google fiber. Move to Kansas City, it's amazing. $70/month for 1gigabit/second. (usually on runs at about 700mps tho). I hear 2 or 3 hours for a game or movie download and it just hurts. Sorry guys.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Yeah but on the other hand Kansas City.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-andromedas-director-sets-the-stakes-and-says-kett-are-more-nuanced-than-reapers/

Interesting read about MEA. Looks like the Kett aren't all going to be evil. Which is a bit of a relief really.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    At least in the UK physical PC games are by and large just a code in a box now. Which makes the fact that it's cheaper than a digital one hilarious.

I was expecting a disc for Titanfall 2 and finding out it was just a code in an empty DVD case was a nasty first experience.
    Had to spend about 3-4 days downloading it and replaying The Gauntlet over and over again.

(I mean honestly, if you're not even going to the bother of printing on a disc why even use a DVD case, save yourself the trouble and package the leaflet in a jewel-case-sized cardboard slip)

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I hate to bring politics into a video game thread but the real answer is enjoy your net neutrality based internet while it lasts.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I feel so bad for all of you that don't have google fiber. Move to Kansas City, it's amazing. $70/month for 1gigabit/second. (usually on runs at about 700mps tho). I hear 2 or 3 hours for a game or movie download and it just hurts. Sorry guys.

I'm getting gigabit soon and still won't buy (non-Steam) digital games. It's really hard to pay MSRP when I don't have to.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effect-andromedas-director-sets-the-stakes-and-says-kett-are-more-nuanced-than-reapers/

Interesting read about MEA. Looks like the Kett aren't all going to be evil. Which is a bit of a relief really.

Did we expect the studio that brought us Legion to have an Always Evil race?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

I live just north of KC in Liberty, Liberty's city council wouldn't play ball with Google, so no dice here. 6 blocks away from me (just over I-35 and 152 Hwy) has Google Fiber, but I'm stuck on 50Mbit/s through AT&T.

Although U-Verse has been great, rock solid reliability, no throttling, great customer support, and I'm only paying $40 a month, so I can't complain too much.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Origin was able to resume nicely when I re-downloaded me 3 recently.

Any idea how big me:a is going to be?

Pretty glad I upgraded to 50 Mbit/s downspeed some time ago even a 50 GB download takes just above two hours

I'd take a punt at anywhere from 25 to 60 GB, based on recent releases.

I was expecting a disc for Titanfall 2 and finding out it was just a code in an empty DVD case was a nasty first experience.
    Had to spend about 3-4 days downloading it and replaying The Gauntlet over and over again.

(I mean honestly, if you're not even going to the bother of printing on a disc why even use a DVD case, save yourself the trouble and package the leaflet in a jewel-case-sized cardboard slip)

To be fair..I just looked up the capacity of a DVD and...yeah 6-10 discs (at ~4.7gb a disc) is probably a bit much to pack into a box. On the other hand, it would herald the return of giant 90s cardboard boxes for PC games, which would be amazing.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I always pre-load the games I buy digitally so no waiting to play for me.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Really wish console companies would let you preload patches and what not. There are no doubt bandwidth issues but like slap a nominal fee on it if you don't actually insert the disc within a week or two of launch. Would cut down on so much congestion issues on big launch days.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Is Amazon ever going to add any PC Deluxe editions for this to pre-order? They have it for all of the consoles - just not PC... I want my 20% offfffff.

Edit: nevermind. There is no physical deluxe for PC. :cry: Deluxe upgrade is where it's at, I guess.

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular

We don't actually know anything about the Kett. I just kind of assumed they would all be the enemy. Kind of like Reapers or Darkspawn.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

We don't actually know anything about the Kett. I just kind of assumed they would all be the enemy. Kind of like Reapers or Darkspawn.

Ah, so you're an acolyte of Ashley Williams. Shame on you!

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Hey, Ash Williams saved the world from Deadites, show some respect!